Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2021 5:46 AM

Nov 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
For a girl this isn't the best world to be isekai'd, but bless the simps.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Feb 2012
It was easier to ignore in the novel, but the flaws of the story really come through in manga. The main issue I have is the setting itself. This is not how prostitution worked historically in a frontier town. No madam would have tolerated choking or anything that would have cause physical injury to a girl. There would be no need to compromise on that issue because it is a seller's market. Prostitutes were not short on money.

The problems prostitutes faced were venereal diseases and pregnancies. Girls weren't worthless because frontier towns usually had 20% more men than women, and a mining town or a place near a military post would have a greater imbalance.
Apr 11, 2023 10:22 PM
Apr 2023
Good but was confused when chapters come out as there info online
May 9, 2023 4:47 AM

Nov 2013
Is this show trying to depict how women were abused during medievals and had no choice but to whore themselves to live a somewhat decent life? Literally no other opportunities for women? I don't think so. MC says she was a prostitute and she chose to do it here as well. She also seems kin on exploiting nice, naive virgins to get big money so I don't know how this helps portraying her as a victim of misogyny.  
Aug 19, 10:57 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
Is this show trying to depict how women were abused during medievals and had no choice but to whore themselves to live a somewhat decent life? Literally no other opportunities for women? I don't think so. MC says she was a prostitute and she chose to do it here as well. She also seems kin on exploiting nice, naive virgins to get big money so I don't know how this helps portraying her as a victim of misogyny.  
@Sigmar-Unberogen That's actually a good thing imo. The MC is not flawless, therefore it is harder to sympatise with her but it may also add more deepth to the character. She's not really a victim but she's rather lost in life. To be honest, the first chapter was not appealing whatsoever but I already bought the physical copy so I read another one - now I am somewhat intrigued where is this plot going.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JK Haru wa Isekai de Shoufu ni Natta Chapter 44 Discussion

FullyCharged - Aug 31

1 by Banshee-IV »»
Sep 1, 9:45 AM

Poll: » JK Haru wa Isekai de Shoufu ni Natta Chapter 43 Discussion

FullyCharged - Aug 31

0 by FullyCharged »»
Aug 31, 8:34 PM

Poll: » JK Haru wa Isekai de Shoufu ni Natta Chapter 42 Discussion

FullyCharged - Aug 31

0 by FullyCharged »»
Aug 31, 8:27 PM

Poll: » JK Haru wa Isekai de Shoufu ni Natta Chapter 40 Discussion

FullyCharged - Aug 31

0 by FullyCharged »»
Aug 31, 8:20 PM

Poll: » JK Haru wa Isekai de Shoufu ni Natta Chapter 33 Discussion

FullyCharged - Jun 1

2 by FullyCharged »»
Aug 31, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.