Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 6, 2020 11:56 AM
Apr 2020
i've been wondering about this anime since i saw that it apparently touches upon astronomy, but i fear it will focus far more on its cute girls aspect than on doing something with its topic material. anyone willing to talk to me about this so i can hype myself up to it or see if its not for me?
May 7, 2020 7:21 AM

Aug 2019
mew_mew_captor said:
i've been wondering about this anime since i saw that it apparently touches upon astronomy, but i fear it will focus far more on its cute girls aspect than on doing something with its topic material. anyone willing to talk to me about this so i can hype myself up to it or see if its not for me?

For sure, I'd be happy to give my 2 cents. The first few episodes of the series are going to be a bit slower; there's a little astronomy and geology here, where the girls do simpler things like learn to set up a telescope and align it at objects of interest, as well as exploring a riverbank for the different rocks. However, as Koisuru Asteroid continues, the emphasis on the astronomy is increased, and of note is that every single detail in the anime is correct.

So, if the slower the earlier episodes don't bother you too much, the episodes with more science do come. If you're interested, this blog actually does an excellent job of covering the science behind Koisuru Asteroid. With this being said, the series is very much a CGDCT, so the typical activities, like going to the beach and hosting a culture festival exhibit, do figure in some episodes. I hope this provides some insight as to whether or not the series is for you!
May 7, 2020 2:42 PM
Apr 2020
right nice to hear that then. i'll keep my ears peeled for some opinions on the other spectrum just so i have a balanced take from those who liked it and dislike it. i'll probably watch it someday when i have nothing else planned. i'll refrain from reading blog posts cause they tend to spoil things without abandon. shame its not SPAAAACE as some other shows i like, but japan apparently has lost its interest for the stars. poor folks at jaxa.
May 7, 2020 2:50 PM

Aug 2019
Reactions to the series is incredibly varied, from folks who think the anime is enjoyable, right down to those who don't think it's worthwhile. I personally sit somewhere in the middle: this series does largely depend on what you're looking to get out of it in that it's not going to be a documentary on asteroid discovery, jam-packed with cool facts and a behind-the-scenes look at how it's done, but it's also a bit more technical than something like K-On!.

I can't speak on behalf of others, but I think leading criticisms of this anime is that it's inconsistently paced and boring. There's a thread here with more varied opinions, but if you're looking to avoid spoilers, perhaps steer clear of that last page!
May 7, 2020 4:40 PM

Dec 2017
It's honestly a pretty great CGDCT show with excellent directing, sound design and voice acting coupled with the usual good-looking Doga Kobo moe visuals, but that's about it. While it's an amazingly produced show, the characters honestly are pretty bland and cookie-cutter, and the story is just passable. As calming of a show that it is, it does at times feel like a chore to watch even 3 episodes at a time.

Though that's just the show not being for me. These types of slow-paced CGDCT shows never really click for me, but I can totally see someone that really loves, say, K-On and Yuru Camp to give this a 9.
May 12, 2020 10:23 PM

Oct 2009
This is one of the Anime that you could kick back and relax while watching. It has a very peaceful pace that makes you appreciate it. The facts and science stuff are really done well and it's fun to see those young ladies do their thing.

If you enjoy that kinda stuff, you'd definitely feel home with this one.
Jun 15, 2020 2:02 AM

Apr 2020
no, it contains more G A Y than educational content

Jun 15, 2020 2:22 AM

Dec 2018
I like it . The lesbians are cute and flirting like crazy its nice and relaxing like a Yuri/CGDCT should be . Not the best Doga Kobo anime Imo but its still damn good .And ofc the cute girls are the stars and main focus of the show it is a Yuri/CGDCT after all

If you are after more facts about astronomy in general I rather recommend the tv show How The Universe Works. Not a anime but damn interesting

Yuri-CrusaderJun 15, 2020 2:28 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2020

139 by JKam57 »»
Yesterday, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

88 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

34 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2020

42 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2020

56 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.