Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2020 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
Ok, so what's up with the anime adaptation of this title? Everything's so different from the manga starting from the very first episode. Some characters and even significant plot points are nowhere to be seen. A lot of important stuff's being left out, heck, changed for the worse even. Can someone who's been reading the LN tell me if this is how it actually goes forward? It's been bugging me a lot since the way the manga's been doing the plot progression and character development makes perfect sense. The art's commendable as well. Definitely worth reading everything starting from the first chapter. The anime adaptation on the other hand has far too many missing details and retconned ideas.
May 1, 2020 8:08 AM
May 2020
Kairu-san said:
Ok, so what's up with the anime adaptation of this title? Everything's so different from the manga starting from the very first episode. Some characters and even significant plot points are nowhere to be seen. A lot of important stuff's being left out, heck, changed for the worse even. Can someone who's been reading the LN tell me if this is how it actually goes forward? It's been bugging me a lot since the way the manga's been doing the plot progression and character development makes perfect sense. The art's commendable as well. Definitely worth reading everything starting from the first chapter. The anime adaptation on the other hand has far too many missing details and retconned ideas.

No,the LN and WN versions are not even close to the anime there have been sooooo many jumps and changes to the plot that I almost gave up 3 episodes in
May 1, 2020 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
Kushpatel said:
Kairu-san said:

No,the LN and WN versions are not even close to the anime there have been sooooo many jumps and changes to the plot that I almost gave up 3 episodes in
Ah, I see. And here I thought it was following the LN since the manga's so different. I've also lost hope for it after the fifth episode seeing as how they butchered Shingo and Elise's date as well as leaving out a bunch of critical interactions Shingo had with the girls in his party which is important for the context of their motivation to become Shingo's concubines.
May 1, 2020 3:39 PM

Dec 2008
Regarding episode 5, some of the differences to the manga:

Honestly, there are so many things, this could go on and on.
May 2, 2020 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
kuromaru_ said:
Regarding episode 5, some of the differences to the manga:

Honestly, there are so many things, this could go on and on.
I know, right?
May 2, 2020 12:43 PM
Oct 2013
I've dropped it after 3 episodes. Its just crap, there's nothing more I can say about it. They have left out soooo much of the development and for what reason? I'll just continue to read the manga and LN.
May 2, 2020 1:42 PM

Jan 2009
As i'm a fan of the manga and LN i'm kinda obligated to watch it, but yeah they changed alot.

Obviously spoilers possible but the thread itself is pretty much a spoiler anyway.

As others have said, the girls were made retainers immediately along with elvin, though both become his concubines later (in the manga louise wants this right off the bat, i believe in the LN it's implied both want this, since both are attracted to him), the clown wasn't in the source as far as i can remember.

Going back to the introduction episode of the 3 characters, in the manga him and elvin are friends pretty much from the day wen went to school, being from similar circumstances, and there's no tension of the 3 characters trying to convince him to join them due to his abilities, they became a party mostly due to just being friends (though even at this point, both girls seem to be attracted to him, with louise's only change after wen becomes a baron is going from being a wife to being a concubine/mistress).

Wen's first house is "broken in" by all 4 of them, he in the manga never excludes his friends from it, and as i said they were friends from early on, making their "let's make wen our friend" arc seem out of place to manga readers.

They put off showing elise's uncle and the battle on the plains until next episode most likely, which is strange because it happened before he met elise in the manga, and her uncle plays a major part in the story, outside of the main cast, him and the drunkard magic user (name escapes me) probably have the most screentime in the manga, so him not showing up yet is rather unusual.

The date in the manga is rather sweet and shows that though it's a political marriage, both are quite happy with each other, while in the anime it was at best a convoluted mess, as for the ring, as was said earlier, wen knew it was a magic ring and the price didn't bother him.

On a side note on that ring's price, him getting upset by it's price is kind of stupid as he's never really worried about money in the manga if it's for the right reason, not to mention that he was awarded 130k gold coins for the dragon pieces just 1 episode before, how 300 gold coins bothers him for his engagement ring to his fiance is beyond stupid.

I mean i know why they are rushing, they are trying to get to the "baumeister earldom" arc and wilma, but they are skipping and changing alot of the source material.
May 3, 2020 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
Tatsuya said:
As i'm a fan of the manga and LN i'm kinda obligated to watch it, but yeah they changed alot.

Obviously spoilers possible but the thread itself is pretty much a spoiler anyway.

As others have said, the girls were made retainers immediately along with elvin, though both become his concubines later (in the manga louise wants this right off the bat, i believe in the LN it's implied both want this, since both are attracted to him), the clown wasn't in the source as far as i can remember.

Going back to the introduction episode of the 3 characters, in the manga him and elvin are friends pretty much from the day wen went to school, being from similar circumstances, and there's no tension of the 3 characters trying to convince him to join them due to his abilities, they became a party mostly due to just being friends (though even at this point, both girls seem to be attracted to him, with louise's only change after wen becomes a baron is going from being a wife to being a concubine/mistress).

Wen's first house is "broken in" by all 4 of them, he in the manga never excludes his friends from it, and as i said they were friends from early on, making their "let's make wen our friend" arc seem out of place to manga readers.

They put off showing elise's uncle and the battle on the plains until next episode most likely, which is strange because it happened before he met elise in the manga, and her uncle plays a major part in the story, outside of the main cast, him and the drunkard magic user (name escapes me) probably have the most screentime in the manga, so him not showing up yet is rather unusual.

The date in the manga is rather sweet and shows that though it's a political marriage, both are quite happy with each other, while in the anime it was at best a convoluted mess, as for the ring, as was said earlier, wen knew it was a magic ring and the price didn't bother him.

On a side note on that ring's price, him getting upset by it's price is kind of stupid as he's never really worried about money in the manga if it's for the right reason, not to mention that he was awarded 130k gold coins for the dragon pieces just 1 episode before, how 300 gold coins bothers him for his engagement ring to his fiance is beyond stupid.

I mean i know why they are rushing, they are trying to get to the "baumeister earldom" arc and wilma, but they are skipping and changing alot of the source material.
Good for you for not dropping it immediately because the title itself is pretty neat, especially the art of the manga as I've previously noted. It's really clean and detailed, surprisingly. I just feel sorry for the author in all honesty. Seeing how they butchered his/her work must feel so depressing.
May 3, 2020 2:19 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Guess I wasn't the only one who felt the anime was weird. I also read the manga for this. The mood is just different, the art of chara design too.
May 25, 2020 1:01 AM
Mar 2013
After reading the manga differences I actually mostly prefer what they did in the anime, it feels less like everything is handed out to him which this title would suffer from if they don't make an effort to give him some sort of struggles
May 28, 2020 5:29 AM

Jul 2017
WELL AM I NOT SURPRISED this will be an overglaring issue.

With how bad the anime is at this stage, even keeping up with the manga adaptation is honestly a pain in the ass. So much things are chosen out of whack, and it's clear that while the manga and LN DOES have an on-set plot, the anime sadly butchers it to levels of insanity, like no proper care was taken.

Just keep on watching and trash it like it was never suppsed to happen in the 1st place.
Jun 9, 2020 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
Chigo_Sensei said:
After reading the manga differences I actually mostly prefer what they did in the anime, it feels less like everything is handed out to him which this title would suffer from if they don't make an effort to give him some sort of struggles
Well I'd rather not prefer a direction where the creation of an author is disrespected and sullied by doing an unfaithful adaptation and abysmal rehashing of his/her work.
Jun 11, 2020 12:49 PM

Apr 2020
Looks like the events of the next episode will tie into the first few minutes of the first episode. It's been a good ride everyone.

As an anime-only viewer, I'll pick up the source material after this since there's a lot of differences and chronology issues.

Jun 12, 2020 5:29 AM

Sep 2010
Question, is the manga different from the LN/WN? I heard that the anime compared to the manga and LN is different but is the manga different from the LN/WN?
Jun 12, 2020 12:00 PM

Jan 2009
@BroskiKyoujin it's different, a lot better but still different. they still skip a lot of stuff best example, manga also skipped his whole childhood arc after master's death.
Jun 13, 2020 9:30 AM

Sep 2010
@jack4s so if for example I read some LN/WN spoilers, it wont affect my manga experience?
Jun 13, 2020 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
@BroskiKyoujin so-so, main story line is still the same even if they skip here and there or change a bit, main story will still be spoiled, but manga miss/skip a lot of subplots and details. also ln/wn even just translated part is about 5 arc ahead of manga (manga/anime is about at vol 5, translated novel at vol.12, untranslated +17.vol).

i would recommend you try to read first volume and judge for yourself if you need/like more details and more politic or you like more condensed version from manga, first volume ends after MC defeat bone dragon.
Jun 13, 2020 7:09 PM
Sep 2019
Do someone know where to read the manga?
Jun 19, 2020 1:30 AM

Sep 2010
Btw, concerning the manga and LN, someone told me this spoiler for the story later on:

Does anyone know if this is an LN/WN only thing or has this happened in the manga as well?
Jun 20, 2020 4:58 AM

Jan 2015
Well... now that the anime is over, i'm pretty excited to continue where i left off with the novel, wanna see the Elise Wend marriage the most.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2020

100 by kurooganeko »»
Oct 19, 6:01 PM

» I take it this will be a heavy "go check manga/LN", it's been jarring to watch.

TheJuiceBox - May 28, 2020

8 by SakurakoMikage »»
Jul 10, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

76 by TicuuGoBoom »»
Jul 9, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2020

64 by amf85 »»
Apr 1, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

120 by Juggy_don »»
Feb 9, 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.