who you are
what kind of mayonnaise do you like
your favorite movies, genres, directors etc
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 25, 2019 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, hi. I'm Benji.
Thanks for the invite, Mayoii.

Introducing myself isn't something I'm very good at anyway...
Some of my favorites movie are: The Graduate - my username came from the movie -, Summer 1993, The Broken Circle Breakdown, Sunset Boulevard, Vertigo, A Streetcar Named Desire, Tea and Sympathy, Amour, The Purple Rose of Cairo, A Sunday in the Country, The Crying Game, The Dresser, Letter from an Unknown Woman, A Special Day, The Girl on the Bridge, The Piano, Nebraska, Il Sorpasso, The Heiress...

As for the directors: François Truffaut, Billy Wilder, Alfred Hitchcock, Alexander Payne, Michael Haneke, Olivier Assayas, William Wyler, Carlos Vermut, Elia Kazan, James Ivory, François Ozon...

I need to explore a bit more: Ken Loach, Mike Leigh, Jane Campion, Éric Rohmer, Louis Malle and so many others.

And there are a lot of actors and actresses that I like, but it would be a huge list.
Sep 27, 2019 6:21 AM

May 2013
Hi, I'm Jon.

I'm pretty basic when it comes to movies (especially out of the western sphere), but I hope I can learn something new in here!

Some of my favorite movies are: The Room, Fire Walk With Me, Eraserhead, Army of Darkness and A Clockwork Orange.

Favorite directors: David Lynch, Edgar Wright, Taika Watiti, Kubrick and Tommy Wiseau.

I'm really bad at keeping track of actors lol, but I really like Jack Nance (Eraserhead and Twin Peaks)

My Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/Nyanpassubrotha/
u have no right to be depressed
Oct 3, 2019 4:14 AM

Feb 2019
introduce urself

'who you are'
hi hi i'm tatsukooo
hmm.. what do people usually say about themselves?
i guess i'll start with anime, i don't actually watch much of it, i like it but i get indecisive and don't end up watching anything unless i'm watching with someone else. i'm half japanese half taiwanese and i live in tokyo, it might seen weird that i don't watch much anime but in japan mostly only kids watch it.

i don't really know what else to put here i could probably talk ages about myself but that'll be a bit strange, feel free to send me messages or look at my profile if you wanna know more!

'what kind of mayonnaise do you like'
homemade mayo.. no joking! i don't like the japanese mayo, kewpie i think it's called, i like most other ones, if i had to pick one i'd say aioli

'your favorite movies, genres, directors etc'
i really like fight club, prestige and unbreakable
not really sure on genres and directors
'The thing I’m most afraid of is me. Of not knowing what I’m going to do. Of not knowing what I’m doing right now.'
— 1Q84, Haruki Murakami, pg 294
Oct 4, 2019 3:01 PM

Jul 2014
Hey. I'm Adam, I live in South Africa and, besides being a forum mod, I'm also a film student and aspiring writer/director. I've adored film for almost as long as I can remember and have wanted to be involved with the craft since I was around 6. I'm able to appreciate pretty much any genre though I tend to gravitate towards horror, war, sci-fi, social satire, dark comedy and psychological drama.

My favourite films are The End of Evangelion, Apocalypse Now, Pulp Fiction, The Human Condition trilogy and A Clockwork Orange among others. As for my favourite directors, there are way too many that bear mentioning but I'm just gonna say that I absolutely love John Carpenter, Mamoru Oshii, Stanley Kubrick and Park Chan Wook among a deluge of others.

I've also got a Letterboxd account if you're interested.
Take care of yourself

Nov 5, 2019 7:19 AM

Jul 2019
(Who are you)
Hey, I'm CosmicRobo. A high school student and average moviegoer who aspires to be a film director/writer.

(What kind of mayonnaise do you like)
Mayochup. Mayo mixed with ketchup. It's a lot better than it sounds.

(Your favorite movies,directors etc)

Fav movies: Into the Spider-Verse, Promare, Castle of Cagliostro, Iron Giant, Yellow Submarine.

Fav directors: Joe Dante, Hayao Miyazaki, Christopher Miller/Phill Lord, and Brad Bird.
Insert a neat little signature with an anime gif or something here.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» it's December (~ ̄▽ ̄)~ what movies have you watched recently?

MAYOIII - Dec 4, 2019

4 by MAYOIII »»
Dec 11, 2019 10:19 AM

» film discussion: Parasite (2019)

MAYOIII - Nov 18, 2019

1 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Nov 24, 2019 12:21 PM

» discord server

MAYOIII - Nov 17, 2019

0 by MAYOIII »»
Nov 17, 2019 10:22 AM

» what was the last movie you watched?

MAYOIII - Sep 27, 2019

4 by deafnote »»
Nov 5, 2019 8:11 PM

» week 1 topic: oneirism in anime and films

MAYOIII - Oct 7, 2019

2 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Oct 10, 2019 3:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.