Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2019 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, they made this episode seem very JRPG-ish with the adventurers fighting a.. big bad dragon.

Felt like a series' finale type of episode but I'm still underwhelmed by the anime altogether. Not necessarily bad but I just find the whole show boring even with some of the classic fairy tales.
Stark700Mar 30, 2019 6:29 AM
Mar 28, 2019 8:31 PM

Feb 2014
Oh for some reason they decided to throw Ludwig in.

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Mar 30, 2019 12:52 AM

Jul 2017
Finally this farce of a fairy-tale-ish story is over. What a disappointment to begin with, not that anyone is expecting this.

Even throwing Ludwig inside as a saviour? Quite questionable as an OP character though, just for plot.

In the end, just as the main crux of the story starts, it ends there. It is very underwhelming, even with the decent finale.

Mar 30, 2019 1:33 AM

Oct 2008
"Beware the Jubjub bird..." -> LAME!
Chaos Aladdin vs Ludwig Grimm -> LAME!
Grimm's ulti skill = The Marchen Sisters Arrive Home falls down a lot of candies that defeat chaos aladdin -> LAME!
2/5.
6/10.

Mar 30, 2019 3:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the being that Loki was working on summoning was that dragon. The insight into Reina's fragile nature was interesting. Despite the power that she wields even she can't bring people back from death after all. March hare though sure is an interesting character due to how dramatic her expressions are. In a way Curly isn't wrong in that the story zones do serve as a prison of sorts but she also isn't right either as she ignores the feelings of those that actually enjoy living there. So Jabberwock's main goal is to become king and gain more followers huh. Still Loki posed far more than a threat than he did. Fitting how Ex who believed in protecting the people of the stories more was the one that ended Loki. Glad that in the end they managed to repair the two realms. Love the ending visuals that showed all the allies that they met and saved in the series. It matched well with the soothing song as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2019 2:24 PM

Jan 2012
DEATH BY CANDIES!!! I actually laughed when Loki got taken out.
Well, this show wasn't disappointing, since I had zero expectations from it.
5/10
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 30, 2019 3:55 PM

Oct 2012
For me the show went from interesting premise to bad. I guess it just wasn't for me. I like a strong character arc. Also, thought the bad guys made some sense at the end. They seemed to be freeing the world from the shackles of pre-destined fate.
Mar 30, 2019 7:40 PM

Oct 2015
Grim was the coolest character of them all, I'm glad they ended up with him. I mean the guy fights at intense with his hand on his pocket, how mind blowing is that! He slayed a dragon and incinerated Loki like nothing, I liked him. Now I'm wishing for season 2.

Overall I liked this show and fully enjoyed it. The characters were lovable for me except Ex sometimes but only sometimes. Although the concept of protecting the works of fiction or history has been done a lot, this preserved the characters by transformation in the middle of the a series making it a bit unique. I will watch season 2 and might rate it higher.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 31, 2019 12:54 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow..I really enjoyed his series through out... who did ex transform into... I am truly curios and hoping to get a season too
Mar 31, 2019 5:54 AM

May 2013
Kind of a lackluster ending but the series overall was really good..sadly misunderstood, underwatched by people who no longer know their fairy tales.
Death by Chocolate.. it's kind of poetic..lol
I doubt Loki's dead...he's the God of Mischief...How does he have a Blank book though when he is a prominent character in Norse Mythology?
This the first time we see a storyteller and it was Ex who became Ludwig Grimm.
Mar 31, 2019 5:56 AM

May 2013
matias067 said:
"Beware the Jubjub bird..." -> LAME!
Chaos Aladdin vs Ludwig Grimm -> LAME!
Grimm's ulti skill = The Marchen Sisters Arrive Home falls down a lot of candies that defeat chaos aladdin -> LAME!
2/5.
6/10.

Go watch Alice through the Looking Glass and you'd know that part isn't lame
Killing Loki with Chocolates was kinda poetic
Apr 1, 2019 6:59 AM

Feb 2014
DarkwindJR said:
Kind of a lackluster ending but the series overall was really good..sadly misunderstood, underwatched by people who no longer know their fairy tales.
Death by Chocolate.. it's kind of poetic..lol
I doubt Loki's dead...he's the God of Mischief...How does he have a Blank book though when he is a prominent character in Norse Mythology?
This the first time we see a storyteller and it was Ex who became Ludwig Grimm.

About Loki, it's a codename. Anyone from Fortem use it.

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Apr 3, 2019 10:06 AM

Mar 2012
Fine series, with no clear fluctuations, I was pleasantly watching but also not knocked out.

Score: 6/10
Apr 3, 2019 12:14 PM
Jan 2019
Good ending. This anime reminded me a little of my childhood. I remembered some fairy tales and learned new ones.
I think the objective of the Order makes sense, but they do not do it the right way. They need to find another way to go against the Storytellers without endangering the characters in the story areas.
Anyway, I think, you need a second season.
5/10
Apr 11, 2019 6:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This anime was not as worse as i first thought, not very good either but ok i guess
Apr 21, 2019 3:24 AM

Dec 2017
Eh lackluster ending but that's to be expected for an anime that is an ad for a game, Decent story but there are clearly issues with it (cough Cinderella story placement cough) and how the repetitive most episodes were: beat villain, restore world to original state, and then move on to the next. The issue with that is how unimportant the characters felt. The world wasn't explained very well either. Are there infinite amounts of stories that are out of order? What happens if a world collapses? Do other world feel the effects of the collapse? So much unanswered and I'm kind of interested in the game and how it works there.
join the hyper going home club!

Apr 21, 2019 5:25 AM
Jun 2016
Overall a cute series. I like the twist with Ex's final transformation. In essence he channeled their universe's God and got OP AF. I wouldn't mind another season. Overall, I gave it a 6/10.
May 2, 2019 8:26 PM

Feb 2014
I haven't played the game nor I do not know what happens there, but I must say that this anime was probably one of the most lost potentials I've ever watched.

I mean, the idea is very interesting and awesome, kind of unique, though unfortunately the execution wasn't good.

Episode 06 was very enjoyable. The best ep.

5/10 or 6/10 though if better executed could have been an easy 8.
TechOtakuMay 3, 2019 2:01 PM
May 6, 2019 8:25 PM

Jan 2011
Is that seriously how Loki got beaten? What a joke, lmao.
Jul 31, 2019 3:53 AM

Oct 2013
I know it's from a mobile game so it was basically a stupid plot for money but...

This anime is about prisons and giving up freedom and life because "DESTINY" ?
Like no joke the stories characters are slaves of the storyteller. And the MC are like "it's their task so they need to deal with it"
The bad guys were the good guys (well maybe not for what they did... but for the overall goal) who try to liberate the worlds from this destiny-slavery XD

Maybe I'm just thinking too hard. It's a mobile anime.
Aug 23, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
Deym. Ludwig is cool. He's the best character they ever used. Beat up Jabby and Loki like it was nothing. Its hilarious how Loki got defeated by falling candies.

It was an okay anime. But its rather dull. Character development is okay. Nice to know the character's background stories. Kinda wish they shown Reina's a bit more. To be honest, its somewhat boring but there were interesting moments. I ship Reina and EX, but sadly, it doesn't show to their faces they have romantic interest towards each other.

5/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

58 by Shadow-god1 »»
Nov 7, 2022 3:36 PM

» any memorable quotes from this anime?

KawaseGawa - Nov 14, 2021

3 by KawaseGawa »»
Nov 14, 2021 9:05 PM

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2019

18 by Janethan23 »»
Aug 1, 2021 5:27 PM

» the song name in the last episode?

ibraheem234 - Mar 31, 2019

3 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
Sep 7, 2020 1:02 PM

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

4 by Magito »»
Aug 23, 2019 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.