Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2019 2:35 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Panda's eyes were waaaaay too big.
Jan 21, 2019 3:02 PM

Apr 2012
Don't know if it's because of giant panda but this episode felt like watching the Teletubbies.
Jan 21, 2019 3:18 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like the parts that made the first season good are still missing. Apart from "what happened to Kaban" the rest of the mysteries are not really much interesting.

Still fun, but now its at real kids show level of fun.
Jan 21, 2019 4:11 PM

Sep 2010
I'm confused... I thought Kyururu's book had no more pictures last episode. Also, bit confusing when they suddenly got to the playground, and I can't tell what the thing Serval picked up was for. Odd storyboard... O.o?

Not a lot happening this episode except maybe showing Kyururu's ability to put the playground back together.

Around this time in the last season, you might have noticed Japari Park was more abandoned than you first thought, with the destroyed bridge not registered in Lucky Beast's map, and the Japari bus in pretty poor condition. Also, the ending sequence shows all those abandoned places for the first time.

Also, the front and rear parts of the bus were separated so they had to work to put it together and get it running, which maybe gives some sense of accomplishment. On the other hand, the monorail in this season suffers from no such problems, and Lucky Beast is seemingly just a train driver, and nothing more.

To be fair, they can only play the surprise-post-apocalyptic card once, and they played it last season.
Jan 21, 2019 4:45 PM

Jul 2012
Yeeaah, I feel the first season was more entertaining, I feel the lack of animal trivia take from the show too (althought I know it is not the show's fault because the japanese version still has it).
I do hope they do something interesting with Kyururu. For me she is just a wood plank there, not really exciting or anything because Kaban already did most of this stuff she is doing :S
I'm excited to see some marine animals!

Jan 21, 2019 6:15 PM

Feb 2016
This is entirely a kids show now, and as a kids show it's ok-ish. It's pretty boring now if you expect something more than a kids show.

The animation still has the weird framerate variance, and the camera angle feels sometimes funny, like, there is nothing happening in the world outside of what is infront of the camera right now.

Pangolin/Armadillo continue being a copy of Arai-san/fennec kaban/kyururu chasing duo.

So far this episode was like a pokemon episode: the story had zero advancements outside of meeting two new friends (giant panda sounded like mewhan's sunaneko, it's probably mewhan again?).

The best part was when the ceruleans watching from outside the scene couldn't stand the slow pace from the show and were like "f this, we need to delete this".

It still has fun bits to watch, like end ending scenes, and the ending song, let's hope they find actual problems to solve (or actual enemies to fight) and that kyururu solves those problems using smarts the next time.
Jan 21, 2019 6:25 PM

Oct 2015
Red Panda, that is the first time I've heard of one. I wonder what does it look like? We need that narrative of last season where they explained us what the animal is and what special traits it has.

This season isn't educational at all.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 21, 2019 6:39 PM

Feb 2016
lihle808 said:
Red Panda, that is the first time I've heard of one. I wonder what does it look like?

Red panda is the logo of a certain browser... the common name of the red panda, is firefox.

Jan 21, 2019 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
Super cute characters but the story is a bit non-existent and the ceruleans are a joke so far.
Jan 21, 2019 8:06 PM

Oct 2018
Still no fennec and arai, what gives.

I'm really trying to give this show a chance. The friends we've met have been pretty cute, but it's feeling like a retread of s1.
Jan 21, 2019 9:40 PM

Aug 2014
I find this about as boring as the first season, so I'd say it's doing well.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 22, 2019 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
I hope the human that they are talking about is kaban
Jan 22, 2019 2:08 AM
Feb 2018
Hm, no real mysteries like in S1. A bit more boring yet still somehow enjoyable.

zombono said:
I hope the human that they are talking about is kaban

They were talking about somebody trying to find the human, but meant the armadillo and the other one trying to find kyululu most likely...?
Jan 22, 2019 6:48 AM

Feb 2016
Giant panda reminded me pururut from neptunia series.
Also tanoshi is coming next episode as I see.
Jan 22, 2019 6:53 AM

Aug 2018
Very cute and funny. I’m hoping they get to some plot soon. I’m also hoping the mysterious searchers and searchee are Aria and Fennec looking for Kaban.
Jan 22, 2019 11:41 AM

Mar 2008
It's dead, it's really dead...
Jan 22, 2019 12:51 PM
Jul 2014
I liked season 1, because it was a little philosophical with all that "What are humans? What do humans do? What does it mean to be a human?"

After episode 1 of the new season I hoped it will be about "Where do humans live? What is home to humans? How is it different from other animals' homes?"

The first half of the episode started nicely, they talked about home and that you sleep there, eat there and more. Red Panda asked if home is like a territory. The dialogue is very simple, but it sometimes really makes you think. That's good, that's what I liked about the first season.

The second half of the episode got a bit childish and awkward. They built a playground, so again it's about humans being able to build stuff. I was hoping for more.

Animation of the friends characters is better than first season, but ceruleans look awful.

Overall, I'm still uncertain about this season. Might be pretty good or might be more of the same and boring
Jan 22, 2019 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
EratiK said:
Don't know if it's because of giant panda but this episode felt like watching the Teletubbies.

Yeah, I mean I "enjoyed" that episode but it really felt like a child anime this time.
Jan 22, 2019 6:59 PM

Aug 2018
I don't think I will get used to the CGI animation. It's really that bad imo. Besides; I don't think this will be enjoyable like I did with with the first season. Tatsuki did nothing wrong. #FreeTatsuki

Anyway; Giant Panda-chan really sounds like a chill Friend to have around. But crikey, loot at the size of those eyes! O_o
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jan 23, 2019 12:13 PM

Oct 2008
nice to hear the OST that was used from Season 1!

Jan 24, 2019 7:08 AM

Oct 2007
They met a web browser, too bad she is not good at searching. xD

Giant panda character design looks like she's wearing seifuku and gloves like a ship girl from Kancolle.
Jan 24, 2019 5:39 PM

Mar 2014
This was incredibly boring. And I can't take the CGI anymore. It's so laggy and floaty sometimes, and then it suddenly becomes smooth... It's so inconsistent.

Just because it's a kid's show doesn't mean it needs to be this stupid. Japan is great at making kid's shows that adults can enjoy.

Takata said:
Also, bit confusing when they suddenly got to the playground, and I can't tell what the thing Serval picked up was for. Odd storyboard... O.o?

I felt the same way. I thought I had slept and missed a part of the episode or something.
Jan 25, 2019 9:41 AM
Jan 2018
Spoopy_poop said:
Giant Panda and Red Panda are both very cute. I almost divorced with my current waifu after I saw giant panda on a swing.

Contrary to most people, I'm actually enjoying this a lot. I think I might like it more than the og kemono friends.

Relax man there's only been 2 episodes. Save that thought until the end.
Feb 1, 2019 4:33 PM

Nov 2013
A good episode. Panda and red panda were cute and funny.

How they rebuilt the playground and the friends playing was nice too. Also, don't underestimate the panda. I heard, that they can be quite fierce, when they are cornered.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 3, 2021 4:59 AM

Feb 2020
Nothing amazing, but I liked the playground segment. They had so much fun together. :3

Those pandas were so adorable.

SerafosDec 24, 2023 9:21 AM
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM
Jan 2021
Red Panda is super cute <3
I wish she'd had gotten into s1 but so far I'm enjoying this. I don't get where the hate's coming from (yet). Solid episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrAwesome2018 - Apr 1, 2019

69 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 7 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Feb 25, 2019

17 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

SakurakoMikage - Mar 8, 2023

3 by SakurakoMikage »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 11 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Mar 25, 2019

21 by Serafos »»
Nov 5, 2021 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.