Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
This season has officially redeemed itself in my eyes, Kyururu is actually kind of cute too so
yeah
I'm gonna give this an actual chance and see if it can wow me like the first one
Read my comic pl0x :D
Rockerella meets Merman
Jan 14, 2019 1:47 PM

Sep 2015
VanVeleca said:
This season has officially redeemed itself in my eyes, Kyururu is actually kind of cute too so
yeah
I'm gonna give this an actual chance and see if it can wow me like the first one

How? It's listed as "Alternative version". She is not alive or dead. There is just no Kaban at all I think.

They are just starting everything from scratch, like nothing never happened.
Jan 14, 2019 1:49 PM
Feb 2018
shiro_kai said:
VanVeleca said:
yeah

How? It's listed as "Alternative version". She is not alive or dead. There is just no Kaban at all I think.

They just started everything from scratch, like nothing never happened.

Wrong, Kaban was hinted at in episode 1, and also the memory loss of Serval seems to hint at the thing that S2 is happening somewhen in the future after the events of S1...
Jan 14, 2019 1:58 PM

Sep 2015
enJ0Yable said:
shiro_kai said:

They just started everything from scratch, like nothing never happened.

Wrong, Kaban was hinted at in episode 1, and also the memory loss of Serval seems to hint at the thing that S2 is happening somewhen in the future after the events of S1...

The human that she is probably "hinting" is Mirai from Youkoso Japari Park (like in the Original). Its the same memory loss she had with Kaban cause its starts from the same setting.

And Im not the one saying, its MAL.

You gonna have to accept and let it go dude, its for the best.
Jan 14, 2019 2:00 PM
Sep 2017
shiro_kai said:
enJ0Yable said:

The human that she is probably "hinting" is Mirai from Youkoso Japari Park (like in the Original). Its the same memory loss she had with Kaban cause its starts from the same setting.

You gonna have to accept and let it go dude, its for the best.

Have you even watched it? Kaban's shadow literally shows up on the first 10 or so minutes of the episode. It's definetely not Mirai. MAL is wrong on this one.
Jan 14, 2019 2:08 PM
Feb 2018
Could be, yes. Well, I'd like classification as "other" as the time is completely unspecified (hints do not count here, and it's not sure that this is alternative).
Jan 14, 2019 2:09 PM
Sep 2017
I'd say it's pretty valid to call it a sequel when a character explicitely mentions that she has memories of events that happened in the first season...

Jan 14, 2019 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
It's the same as dead. RIP Kemono Friends.
Jan 14, 2019 2:46 PM
Jan 2013
Pretty much dead lol
gone bai bai
Jan 14, 2019 3:56 PM
Feb 2011
Kaban turned into a boy named Wakaba and was teleported to Kemurikusa
Jan 14, 2019 4:01 PM
Jan 14, 2019 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
shiro_kai said:

MAL can (and has been known to in the past) be wrong.
Jan 14, 2019 6:09 PM

Sep 2015
Florete said:
shiro_kai said:

MAL can (and has been known to in the past) be wrong.

Either way they are not planing to give us her back! Its sad anyway. :(
Jan 14, 2019 6:10 PM
Sep 2017
Pretty much everything on MAL related to KF is wrong - I submitted a bunch of fixes trying to see if the moderators approve, but I've almost no hope since I've tried to do that in the past - putting the ONA as a manga adaption is a massive one to begin with.
Jan 14, 2019 6:14 PM

May 2014
kemono friends fans are insane

its a kids show

THEY DONT CARE
Jan 14, 2019 8:40 PM

Sep 2018
SoldusJK said:
I'd say it's pretty valid to call it a sequel when a character explicitely mentions that she has memories of events that happened in the first season...

this is clearly Kaban, don't know why people are saying it's Mirai, look at her hairstyle and also she is carrying a backpack, Mirai has a different hairstyle and does not carry a backpack around her, even her clothing is clearly Kaban's and she got the other feather from that one friend who was chasing them all this time who claims that Kaban stole that hat
Jan 14, 2019 9:02 PM
Nov 2016
It is still to early to judge, so I just wait for the upcoming episode, I hope Kaban will make a comeback,. maybe as a friends?,..
Jan 14, 2019 9:10 PM

Sep 2018
alhakim456 said:
It is still to early to judge, so I just wait for the upcoming episode, I hope Kaban will make a comeback,. maybe as a friends?,..
i rewatched episode 12 and it is Kaban from that image, she gets the other feather which is why there's 2 feathers in her hat, i still don't know why people are jumping into conclusions saying that's Mirai when Mirai has a long hair an also her hat wasn't damage unlike Kaban where there's a hole in there it seems, i got screenshot of backview of Kaban from episode 12 of season 1 but i don't know how to upload it here
Jan 15, 2019 10:33 AM

Feb 2016
Mirai hat has two feathers too, so it could be Mirai. I doubt that shadow is from kaban.

We know that the current storyline is:

1) Game events
2) Welcome to Japari park! Minisodes
3) [something happens and serval forgets Mirai and Caracal]
4) Season 1 with kaban

We know that by the end of season one, kaban was well known by everyone in the park, that all friends know she went on a far travel, even some friends went with her.

So even if serval was eaten, and forgot kaban, there should be an explanation of why everybody else forgot about kaban, and also an explanation of why Serval forgot about caracal (for season 1), but then now knows caracal, and caracal doesn't find it weird that serval forgot about her but now remembers, and why they both forgot mirai and...

So it would be easier to believe that what she remembers is really just Mirai, with studio Tomason drawing her similar to Kaban but never explaining. I believe this kemofure still happens before season 1.
Jan 15, 2019 12:23 PM
Mar 2018
Azumi-tei said:

We know that by the end of season one, kaban was well known by everyone in the park, that all friends know she went on a far travel, even some friends went with her.

So even if serval was eaten, and forgot kaban, there should be an explanation of why everybody else forgot about kaban, and also an explanation of why Serval forgot about caracal (for season 1), but then now knows caracal, and caracal doesn't find it weird that serval forgot about her but now remembers, and why they both forgot mirai and...

So it would be easier to believe that what she remembers is really just Mirai, with studio Tomason drawing her similar to Kaban but never explaining. I believe this kemofure still happens before season 1.

What if they were not able to kill the Ultimate Cerulean Boss and he Ate all the friends?

and in that case maybe Kaban became a hair of Mirai as she originally was :'(
Jan 15, 2019 1:15 PM

Feb 2016
gcnaruto said:
Azumi-tei said:

What if they were not able to kill the Ultimate Cerulean Boss and he Ate all the friends?

and in that case maybe Kaban became a hair of Mirai as she originally was :'(

That's impossible because we saw that kaban recovered and they threw a party after some time (time passed, hinted by kaban's glove regrowth), and after the party, some friends started their travel.

So unless the giant cerulean revived, ate all the friends in the park, then chased the traveling friends to the new island, ate them, went back to japari-park and regurgitated them there, nope.
Jan 15, 2019 1:28 PM
Sep 2017
Azumi-tei said:
Mirai hat has two feathers too, so it could be Mirai. I doubt that shadow is from kaban.

1) Game events
4) Season 1 with kaban

Lots of wrong here:

-Mirai's hat does not have a hole prior to being taken by Arai/Kaban. In addition, she does not use a bag. The hair also doesn't match Mirai's.
-The Manga happens before the game's storyline chronologically.
-The "minisodes" from the Welcome to Japari Park ONA are, literally, the game's events in anime form so we can access it even after the game's death.
-The Serval following Kaban is hinted at being different to the one following Mirai, notably different voice actors, and some time is expected to have happened between the game and the first season (years).

Why this Serval forgot Kaban, however, is still unknown and on the theory field, and the second season is expected to give us an answer as the time comes.
Jan 15, 2019 2:58 PM

Jan 2008
Azumi-tei said:

1) Game events
4) Season 1 with kaban

This is Mirai.
Look at the shadow and say if it's her again.
Jan 15, 2019 3:43 PM

Dec 2008
I think the producer of the show is trying to keep the viewers (us) guessing.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jan 15, 2019 4:40 PM

Sep 2018
SoldusJK said:
Azumi-tei said:

1) Game events
4) Season 1 with kaban

Lots of wrong here:

-Mirai's hat does not have a hole prior to being taken by Arai/Kaban. In addition, she does not use a bag. The hair also doesn't match Mirai's.
-The Manga happens before the game's storyline chronologically.
-The "minisodes" from the Welcome to Japari Park ONA are, literally, the game's events in anime form so we can access it even after the game's death.
-The Serval following Kaban is hinted at being different to the one following Mirai, notably different voice actors, and some time is expected to have happened between the game and the first season (years).

Why this Serval forgot Kaban, however, is still unknown and on the theory field, and the second season is expected to give us an answer as the time comes.
exactly, i don't know why people are stillsaying it's Mirai when Mirai has a long hair while silhouette clearly shows Kaban considering Mirai doesn't wear a large backpack and does not have short black hair and neither was her hat that badly damaged
Jan 15, 2019 5:09 PM

Feb 2016
Gersoncs said:

This is Mirai.

This is serval. With different hair, clothes and even ear dessign, but it's serval. I don't think we can judge a story point just by looking at a graphic. It could be or could not.

SoldusJK said:

This is an iteresting point. If we follow the theory that different voice actors mean different characters, then this is also a different caracal (Riko Koike ) than the one from the games (Hirohashi Ryou).

SoldusJK said:
-Mirai's hat does not have a hole prior to being taken by Arai/Kaban. In addition, she does not use a bag.

I'm not sure how does sandstar choses the items a character is born with, but while the hat is not a part of kaban, in season 1 the bag is formed togheter with her, so I believe it means Mirai could be using a bag like that at some point.

I still believe that we won't see an explanation (because there are kaban licensing issues, no?), or that the explanation will involve Mirai.

There is another thing pointing in the Mirai direction: The end of episode 0, ended with Aya Uchida saying something like "This was a narration by Uchida Aya, the voice of Lucky Beast *silence* ...eeeh? What do you mean I'll voice another character?"

Aya Uchida is the voice of Lucky Beast, and Mirai.

Also, other things which I think show that season 2 happens closest in time to the game than season 1:

- Minisodes friends can fight some ceruleans with certain ease, just like we saw in season 2. But in season 1 they can't

- There is more civilization in season 2 than in season 1: Buildings, a working train, windmills near the savanna area. If we believe than this happened after season 1, then we should believe that humans came back, then left again and everything went wrong for a second time?

- There are more Japari-food variants in season2, even a food stand working. It's only logic that there are more variants because not so much time has passed since the park was working, unlike in season 1.
Azumi-teiJan 15, 2019 5:23 PM
Jan 15, 2019 6:56 PM
Sep 2017
Azumi-tei said:
Gersoncs said:

This is Mirai.

This is serval. With different hair, clothes and even ear dessign, but it's serval. I don't think we can judge a story point just by looking at a graphic. It could be or could not.

SoldusJK said:

This is an iteresting point. If we follow the theory that different voice actors mean different characters, then this is also a different caracal (Riko Koike ) than the one from the games (Hirohashi Ryou).

SoldusJK said:
-Mirai's hat does not have a hole prior to being taken by Arai/Kaban. In addition, she does not use a bag.

I'm not sure how does sandstar choses the items a character is born with, but while the hat is not a part of kaban, in season 1 the bag is formed togheter with her, so I believe it means Mirai could be using a bag like that at some point.

I still believe that we won't see an explanation (because there are kaban licensing issues, no?), or that the explanation will involve Mirai.

There is another thing pointing in the Mirai direction: The end of episode 0, ended with Aya Uchida saying something like "This was a narration by Uchida Aya, the voice of Lucky Beast *silence* ...eeeh? What do you mean I'll voice another character?"

Aya Uchida is the voice of Lucky Beast, and Mirai.

Also, other things which I think show that season 2 happens closest in time to the game than season 1:

- Minisodes friends can fight some ceruleans with certain ease, just like we saw in season 2. But in season 1 they can't

- There is more civilization in season 2 than in season 1: Buildings, a working train, windmills near the savanna area. If we believe than this happened after season 1, then we should believe that humans came back, then left again and everything went wrong for a second time?

- There are more Japari-food variants in season2, even a food stand working. It's only logic that there are more variants because not so much time has passed since the park was working, unlike in season 1.

Addressing one thing at a time...

Yes, but the changes aren't as drastic as a complete remake of the character's appearance. The hair alone follows Kaban's style, not Mirai's; while Serval's hair changed, you can note it still bears similarity. Bangs and sidehair pointing towards the center with a large spiky bang in the center.

-

It's not just a theory, it's something that has been confirmed by the guidebooks that came out with the blu-rays. Manga characters are usually referred to as "Generation 1", with the game/"minisodes" being "Generation 2". The first season of the anime is straight-up called "Generation ?" in the guidebooks. Caracal is indeed a different one.

-

"Choses an item"? That has little to do with it all. In the end of S1, Mirai loses the hat, still intact, as shown by hologram in the ferris wheel. The hat would later be found with the hole by Arai, and Kaban, by complete coincidence, is born under the hat.

-

There are no "Kaban licensing issues", KFP owns Kaban entirely - perhaps you're mistaking with the issue of the Kaban MODEL being used in a previous KF game. The model, indeed, is owned by studio Yaoyorozu. But not the character. She has been used after the incident in multiple lives, stage plays, and even a CD.

-

Aya Uchida is also the voice of Kaban, and in that same episode, the song "Kimi no Mama de" - Kaban's character song - plays as she says she'll do someone else. If anything, that entire ordeal points to Kaban's appearance.

-

"Minisodes" fights are short because they're only there to show there was a fight. It was based in a game, after all, and they don't have time to put up a fight everytime a game has a fight scene. Rather, in the original content, it's shown that these Ceruleans are quite tough for them.

-

As for "civilization", this is unexplained, but there are better theories, one being that it's a different island, given Japari Park's layout is insular and S1 happened in one of the smaller islands.
Jan 15, 2019 11:27 PM
Mar 2018
Azumi-tei said:

That's impossible because we saw that kaban recovered and they threw a party after some time (time passed, hinted by kaban's glove regrowth), and after the party, some friends started their travel.

So unless the giant cerulean revived, ate all the friends in the park, then chased the traveling friends to the new island, ate them, went back to japari-park and regurgitated them there, nope.

i mean they can said that the finall that we saw on S1 can be like the hopes of kaban before she die when she got eaten by that cerulean. You know they can said anything to match to the amnesia of the reboted serval
Jan 16, 2019 8:27 AM
Jan 2018
im genuinely surprised at how toxic this fanbase is

the first episode was perfectly fine, it felt like any other kemono friends episode

you're all just so nitpicky, all because your overlord tastuki was fired

what kadokawa did was wrong, but you people need to get over it, bashing a genuinely fine show out of vengeace is retarded

i can't wait to see more episodes and see if the quality stays the same as it is now, just so i can witness the masses of NoTatstukiNoTanoshii children get pissed
Jan 16, 2019 8:46 AM

Jan 2008
HydroAstral said:
im genuinely surprised at how toxic this fanbase is

the first episode was perfectly fine, it felt like any other kemono friends episode

you're all just so nitpicky, all because your overlord tastuki was fired

what kadokawa did was wrong, but you people need to get over it, bashing a genuinely fine show out of vengeace is retarded

i can't wait to see more episodes and see if the quality stays the same as it is now, just so i can witness the masses of NoTatstukiNoTanoshii children get pissed

Agreed.
Also, while Kadokawa did handle it bad (like making the seiyuus apologize), we don't know if firing him was wrong. We don't know how it actually went, just having small pieces of info. All we know is that Tatsuki refused their terms, but now he'll make more money than he would with KemoFure2 in his independent work.
There are no victims here, so people should just let it go already.
Jan 17, 2019 10:08 AM

Apr 2016
carlaca said:
kemono friends fans are insane

its a kids show

THEY DONT CARE

Oh of course, it was the kids who went on Twitter and started revolting against Kadokawa, came to TATSUKI's support, and made Kemono Friends a huge trend in Japan last year.

Of course it was the kids. I mean what kind of adult watches a kids show? Look at me, I'm 23 and I don't even watch this childish shit /s
Jan 24, 2019 12:02 AM
Sep 2015
DaniloT_DS said:
Kaban turned into a boy named Wakaba and was teleported to Kemurikusa
I laughed more than I fucking should. Wouldn't that be damn awesome if that's true?
if all school teach Math, then why weren't all people good at Math?

same goes to religion, except Math doesn't teach you life. ;)
Feb 13, 2019 1:21 PM
Oct 2013
It's funny to look back at this thread now.
Jan 24, 2021 5:06 AM
Jan 2021
on episode 12 kaban along with lucky beast ride a boat for saving their friends. what sad is serval is maybe forgot kaban. that is so sad because on season 1 kaban save serval from being eaten
Jan 27, 2021 8:21 AM

Jul 2015
this thread was a mistake
Read my comic pl0x :D
Rockerella meets Merman

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrAwesome2018 - Apr 1, 2019

69 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 7 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Feb 25, 2019

17 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 2 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Jan 21, 2019

25 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

SakurakoMikage - Mar 8, 2023

3 by SakurakoMikage »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.