Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 27, 2018 10:00 AM
Apr 2016
So look 'ere boi. You are telling me this series is made by original creator... yet "NON CANON"? I might not understand something? Please tell me the description is some subjective slur...
Re:formed
Nov 28, 2018 10:19 AM

Oct 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
So look 'ere boi. You are telling me this series is made by original creator... yet "NON CANON"? I might not understand something? Please tell me the description is some subjective slur...
The description is from the novel, wich follows the events from beltorchika´s children that is not canon. I assume they will change some plot points so that the movies follow the cca movie canon.
Nov 30, 2018 4:31 AM

May 2016
Not sure what you mean since i was rather not into Gundam that much - I've only seen Transfomers as a kid and what plenty of giant robots for me :D
Nov 30, 2018 9:34 AM

Jan 2017
Helios92 said:
Not sure what you mean since i was rather not into Gundam that much - I've only seen Transfomers as a kid and what plenty of giant robots for me :D

Basically, the source material is different than the prequel(s) to this. If you haven't watched Gundam (specifically Gundam Unicorn and a few others) don't watch this yet
Nov 30, 2018 9:57 AM

May 2016
GuyWRunningShirt said:
Helios92 said:

Basically, the source material is different than the prequel(s) to this. If you haven't watched Gundam (specifically Gundam Unicorn and a few others) don't watch this yet

Thanks for th heads up! ^^
Dec 4, 2018 10:29 AM
Apr 2016
But will this be a point from which the following series will launch? Or is it sort of a "spin-off" that will not be considered later on?
GuyWRunningShirt said:
Helios92 said:

Dec 4, 2018 2:41 PM

Jan 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
But will this be a point from which the following series will launch? Or is it sort of a "spin-off" that will not be considered later on?
GuyWRunningShirt said:

While the answer to that (as far as I know) is unknown, it is almost certainly not going to be the new canon from here on out. There could very well be more movies/short series in store for this separation from canon material but I highly doubt that this will overwrite True UC Canon at any point. While you need to watch the prequel(s) for Hathaway's Flash to make sense, that doesnt mean that HF will affect anything in the future.
May 27, 2019 3:28 PM

Aug 2016
Just dropped Gundam Narrative...it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HORRIBLE!

The story was a mess and the characters were so cringey!

Please tell me that Hathaway's Flash doesn't build on Gundam NT! I can't sit through more than 40 minutes of that and I'm actually looking forward to seeing Hathaway's Flash!
May 28, 2019 6:17 AM
Apr 2016
Just dropped from Gundam Narrative... As usual a profound piece of philosophy wrapped in explosions and battlesuits! There is certainly a lot to look forward to with the continuation, Hathaway Flash. Sunrise has failed to tarnish its reputation for quite many years now, which is a major achievement for someone in Japanese animation industry. I want to believe they will do us proud.
May 28, 2019 7:33 AM

Dec 2015
@Daniel_Naumov Don't tell me that Hathaway's adaptation is made to be the continuation of NT? Oh my...
May 28, 2019 8:02 AM
Apr 2016
Rei366 said:
@Daniel_Naumov Don't tell me that Hathaway's adaptation is made to be the continuation of NT? Oh my...

Eeeeeh I have no idea BUT this particular site says so. When I tried to look what comes next after Narrative it said "Sequels: Hathaway's Flash".
May 28, 2019 9:37 PM

Aug 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Rei366 said:

Eeeeeh I have no idea BUT this particular site says so. When I tried to look what comes next after Narrative it said "Sequels: Hathaway's Flash".

I think they mean sequel in terms of UC Timeline Chronology. Like how Stardust Memories is a sequel to 0080 War In The Pocket.

Other than the fact that Hathaway has some overlapping history with some factions in Unicorn and NT, I don't see how his story could be seen as something as a sequel narratively (no pun intended) and more as a sequel in the overall sequence of events within Universal Century.

If anything, even though the adaptation isn't canonized, is more of a direct sequel to Char's Counterattack. The events of that movie (with some event differences) directly inform the premise of this story.

That and I really just hated Gundam Narrative. So, I'm praying to God that this isn't some sort of direct sequel to NT.
Jun 27, 2019 3:47 PM
Apr 2016
IT IS 2019 ALREADY WHERE?? OH GOODNESS GRACIOUS I AM UNHINGED
Jul 12, 2019 7:22 AM

Sep 2012
@Daniel_Naumov @Somali_Strawhat @Rei366

Hathaway's Flash will definitely not pick up right at the end of Gundam NT. According to the Gundam Wiki it takes place when Hathaway Noa is 25 years old, and since he was 13 years old in UC 0093 during Char's Counterattack, that puts this story at UC 0105. NT happens right after Unicorn in UC 0097, so at the very least it won't be rubbing elbows with that series.
Jul 12, 2019 10:43 AM
Apr 2016
MrLegitimacy said:
@Daniel_Naumov @Somali_Strawhat @Rei366

Hathaway's Flash will definitely not pick up right at the end of Gundam NT. According to the Gundam Wiki it takes place when Hathaway Noa is 25 years old, and since he was 13 years old in UC 0093 during Char's Counterattack, that puts this story at UC 0105. NT happens right after Unicorn in UC 0097, so at the very least it won't be rubbing elbows with that series.

Well, the... man this is impossible... the narrative consistency and continuation is what matters to me - that this re-boot or adaptation or whatever tells one story through many titles - like Marvel did with their cinematic universe.
Jul 12, 2019 6:39 PM

Sep 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:

Well, the... man this is impossible... the narrative consistency and continuation is what matters to me - that this re-boot or adaptation or whatever tells one story through many titles - like Marvel did with their cinematic universe.

As far as getting "one story" I think the closest you'll get is the original Gundam anime up through the Char's Counterattack telling the story of Char and Amuro. Otherwise, simply taking that to mean stories told in a single continuous timeline...

Gundam has been doing that in the Universal Century timeline for decades, and I think this is really the first animated entry that is in a sort of iffy canon status. I haven't read the novel myself, so I wouldn't be upset if they tweaked the original story to make it fit in with the rest of the UC anime. But who knows! I guess we'll find out exactly how well it fits with the established canon when the first movie releases.
Dec 31, 2019 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
July 23, 2020 Premiere
Teaser
Official site launched
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/361785
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 31, 2019 8:15 AM
Apr 2016
tsubasalover said:
July 23, 2020 Premiere
Teaser
Official site launched
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/361785

Much appreciated. Too bad everything is blocked from the rest of the world. BUT it sure is a nice gift from the Sunrise.
音楽:澤野弘之
This much is enough.
Hehe directed by the same guy who directed Gyakusatsu Kikan. Project Itoh... Hopefully Hathway's Flash is not going to end up being as brutal.
Daniel_NaumovDec 31, 2019 8:19 AM

More topics from this board

» UC is over?

LegionOne - Apr 28, 2023

15 by Fail_Man_X »»
May 14, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

EasyGo-er - Jun 13, 2021

79 by Ten »»
Apr 27, 12:15 PM

» Hathaway, Thunderbolt, and Narrative to get TV editions (Winter 2023 season)

The_Sum_of_Zero - Jan 15, 2023

2 by Champloo_Remix »»
Aug 8, 2023 10:03 AM

» What to watch before this?

Spektrum9 - Jun 10, 2021

48 by DivineLion »»
Jul 15, 2023 12:54 PM

» Did I ruin anything

Reshiram_IX - Jan 15, 2023

2 by Reshiram_IX »»
Jan 16, 2023 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.