Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2018 3:37 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn what an episode, really intense and what an ending! Quite the reveal and I do wonder what they'll do next.

I do quite like the way they added an instrumental/karaoke version of the ED, more series should do this IMO!

Let's see what the last episode has to offer though!
Feb 22, 2019 4:13 PM

May 2017
Aaaeee.. this is such a crazy show.
I don't know if I like the angle of "duty" versus "love". It seems that Hisone has been able to combat it by realizing that Masotan IS the reason that she has these valuable things in her life, including the love that she feels for her friendships and for Okonogi.
But it's curious to contrast it with the old lady, Hinomoto, who felt that her love for the shrine maiden was gone because of her death, but love doesn't disappear that way... and it turns out that she felt that love so strongly that she wanted to deny the sacrifice of the shrine maiden... which is portrayed as wrong because that goes against both of their duties.
Man, I'm getting crazy Utilitarian vibes from this show. Welp, guess it's because it's from Japan, of course they would believe something like this.

I'm excited to watch the finale, because it just doesn't seem like something that Hisone will accept. She didn't accept that she could somehow turn off her feelings of love for Okonogi, but instead changed how she evaluated her love, finding that her love of Masotan was more important as it caused the relationships she was able to make (makes me think of people who love God and put him above all else. it seems silly, but if you believe that God created all things, the creator created the things we love, right?). So how will that fit into Hinomoto's feelings?
May 16, 2019 9:35 PM

Jul 2016
Yep, as I was expecting, a sacrifice is necessary for the ritual to be successful. Now, let's see what Hisone will do regarding this situation since obviously, she won't let such thing happen.

Quite tense episode overall. Looking forward to the finale!
SouthRzVaMay 16, 2019 9:39 PM
Apr 11, 2021 12:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least Hisone is back, but well that ending is concerning, I hope everyone will be fine.
No more lyrics for the ending because no more love...???

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

5 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 15, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2018

90 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 2, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

10 by Fuwa_san »»
Jan 8, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

30 by hikari_kuroo »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

30 by L01MK »»
Jun 29, 2023 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.