Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 23, 2018 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Yukari is no pushover. Even with the better equipment, she is still someone that hardly a match for Kanami.

I feel like her experience compared to Yume is much bigger than expected and she's someone to never take lightly in any situation. The god of evil speaking to her really triggered sense of uneasiness while it offered for a fusion. Honestly, this episode did feel a bit like a mid-series finale.
Stark700Mar 23, 2018 7:37 AM
Mar 23, 2018 7:30 AM

Feb 2016
Poor girl they killed her after all. rip :(

Mar 23, 2018 7:36 AM
Nov 2017
So... did we win?

Recap next week and then what? If the Big Bad is down, what comes next?
Mar 23, 2018 7:41 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Yume really is gone...? :( This makes me sad...
Mar 23, 2018 7:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Mai and Sayaka's teamwork sure worked well against Yomi though. Nice to see Sayaka make that declaration though. Interesting to see Maki show some doubt on hearing Suzuka's words about Yume. The fight against Yukari though sure was interesting pitting the six of them against her. The fact that Yukari wasn't completely subsumed was interesting though. The revelation about Yukari reason for fusing with the Aradama though was interesting. Kanami being possessed momentarily by her mother though sure was strange but timely. Huh a really action packed episode that was full of interesting revelations. Wonder where the series will go from here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2018 7:49 AM

Jan 2012
Well that definitely felt like an ending to me. I mean...it's not...and they're even doing a damn clipshow next week...but it felt like one. The girls seemingly banded together to finally defeat Princess whatever her name was possessing Yukari and saved the day. So as I've been asking for three or four weeks now what the hell are we gonna do with 12 more episodes of this? Will the show suddenly shift genres, or will a new threat pop up out of the blue? Or is it that old chestnut of the enemy still isn't actually gone for good? Might it have something to do with all the noro that was stored over the last 20 years? I dunno, and we'll hafta wait two weeks to find out apparently, but I honestly would have been fine had the series just ended here with an epilogue thirteenth episode next week. And while I can't say for certain yet, I have a very strong feeling when this series finally does end in another three months I'm still gonna think it should have just ended here...but we'll see.
Mar 23, 2018 8:48 AM

Jun 2015
Decent episode with sub-par action. Yume is finally dead, she was a very annoying character. The girls did an okay job to defeat Yukari.
Mar 23, 2018 9:01 AM
Dec 2017
Aw man, Yume's dead.... >.<'' please be silent as i hold a vigil >.<...
Right that being said, Wow I loved this episode, like really!? it just shows how awesome Kanami is, and with her mom too ??? WOW! Kanami you go girl!!!!! I don't mean to post a ship but Yukari seemed to have a 'crush' on Minato?? I ship it, lol ~ though have to admit, Kanami is exactly like her mom! haha :D :P the only question remains, is where this will go on after this, now that Yukari seems to have been defeated... what happens now??? o.O
Mar 23, 2018 9:01 AM

Sep 2015
Give me back my tears & emotion damn Studio, the last scene of Hiyori plus the background song seriously made me think she is going to be in time space for a long time. But I give my highest praise to Hiyori prepared to seal Aradama.

I just can’t stress enough how good the last Hiyori scene was, pretty good use of song there.

Anyway Kanami’s mother just so op lol, I really enjoyed this episode.
Mar 23, 2018 9:31 AM
Jan 2016
nice episode indeed and it feels like the end of series..
but after the evil god is defeated, what comes next? what kind of plot twist will come next? hopefully next story isn't about go to netherworld to defeat the evil and save yukari
at least it's good to see op character, hail minato..
Mar 23, 2018 9:43 AM

Apr 2010
One enemy down but now they have to clear their name and everything that happened.
Not to mention the things the enemy will come up with now.

Seems the girls got a bit closer tho.
Mar 23, 2018 11:03 AM

Sep 2013
Yume is actually dead :'(
Yukari vs kanami and hiyori was nice but they won thanks to kanami's tulpa mom.
Aradama girls and foreign invasion might be in in the 2nd half.
Mar 23, 2018 11:05 AM

Nov 2013
... did they really kill Yume? and the stupid purple haired woman is still alive? fuck this anime <.<

at least the song at the end was good ...

meh dropped, as i said i would if Yume died, since there's not much i like in this anime anyway.
i'll probably come back if it's proven that she is alive and if the anime gets interesting...cause otherwise, i have too many animes i want to watch lmao
winddevil1Mar 23, 2018 11:10 AM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 23, 2018 11:15 AM
Jun 2017
Good job by those girls as they have able to defeat the evil god (aradama). Its a nice fight as Sayaka has able to seal those enemy.

*im still thinking why is this a 24 episode series. Is there more to it? Hahaha
Mar 23, 2018 12:52 PM

Nov 2016
This is just too good, what an amazing first cour.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2018 1:05 PM

Sep 2015
Yume is not dead, they would not do such fool thing as kill one of the best girls in the show when they have already 12 more episodes to go. Also the more they show her the more her merch`s will sale, so is financially impossible to the staff to do so.
Mar 23, 2018 1:11 PM

Oct 2014
So, in the end, momma takes care of her own mess lol. Man how much of a monster she was?

So... Kanami and Hiyori also cut their life span short just like their moms before them?
Mar 23, 2018 1:31 PM

Dec 2016
Minato was doing batto giri to deflect, and inflicted damage by parry baiting strategy. Orochi main in nutshell

But, it woould've been quite easy to perceive the arc of the swing and allow cutting into a cut work because of its long arms. Otherwise if it were human, she would attack the tsuka or pull off the guard when at the optimum angle without directly hitting the opponent
waldexMar 23, 2018 1:54 PM
Mar 23, 2018 2:56 PM
Jul 2012
Nice way to end the first half of the season.
Mar 23, 2018 3:08 PM

Sep 2016
Best girl Yume is dead. dammit, good episode regardless

Please bring her back somehow
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 23, 2018 3:29 PM

Dec 2016
Yukari too strong for those 2, I had a feeling that would be the case.

Ha take that Yukina, great job by Sayaka & Mai.

Ah so it was the princess after all, amazing by Kanami to figure out how to land an attack on her and even being out the old Yukari for a brief moment.

Wow that is quite the monster she turned into, even all 6 of them are having a really hard time.

Ok so that is what happened in the past.

Wow Midori's spirit took over Kanami and started kicking ass.

Hiyori may have just finished off the princess what that awesome technique.

Like mothers like daughters I guess you could say.
Mar 23, 2018 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
It seems that Minato's spirit was hiding inside Kanamin.
Basically, Kanamin was possessed for that moment.
Minato is stronger than Tagitsu-hime even though it was only a moment of battle.
With this monster gone, what's next? I am curious.
Mar 23, 2018 3:57 PM
Jun 2016
All right, so are the Aradama completly gone since they've defeated Origami Yukari, what will happen to the elite guards? Who will be their next enemy, an evil Toji organization? Are they going to be hailed as heroes after Hiyori did to Origami? So many questions that will be answered next 2 weeks.

By the way I miss Yume why do they need to kill her off?
Mar 23, 2018 4:19 PM

Oct 2010
Not sure if that was a better way to go than I expected, or worse. But I liked it.

Mar 23, 2018 4:59 PM

Jul 2017
The end of the 1st cour with the aradama annihilated as Origami Yukari finally goes down for good with the overall action that served as a buildup.

Expect another break here (sorta intermission) before heading into the 2nd cour.
Mar 23, 2018 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
damn that's ice cold they really did kill her not to mention none of them can have a proper burial (seeing as now it looks like the other eites going forward are gonna be on their side it'd be seriously messed up for her to be the only one gone )

thought it was a great semi finale how it shapes up for the rest is hard to see gonna be interested now that were finally hitting the 2nd cour soon.

Mar 23, 2018 6:31 PM

Jun 2015
At the last minutes of the episode, I thought that Hiyori will be swallowed to the netherworld together with Yukari, which makes it a 24 episodes following how the girls will save her. But it didn't happen.

Now I wonder how they'll spend the remaining episodes for.

Also, Yume will turn into Aradama... how sad T^T
Mar 23, 2018 6:42 PM

Apr 2009
It doesen't matter to me if Yume was K.I.A and tbh i will continue watching this and Toji No Miko is the only anime that i think was better than Marchen Madchen
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Mar 23, 2018 7:55 PM
Jan 2018
DarkAudit said:
So... did we win?

Recap next week and then what? If the Big Bad is down, what comes next?

It'll have 24 episodes in total. The official twitter account even show the new visual!
Mar 23, 2018 8:37 PM
Jan 2017
This episode kinda felt dull. The fight with Yukari had non-existent stakes and the climax was rushed and had no emotional payoff. Seriously, it just feels as if Kanami and Hiyori only won through plot convenience instead of genuine fighting skill. The supporting characters made almost no contribution to this episodes. To be fair, the episode had some redeeming qualities: I liked how strong and brave Sayaka had become and how the series sets up Yukari to be some kind of tragic heroine when the truth behind her sealing of Princess Tagitsu comes out.
Mar 23, 2018 8:40 PM

Jun 2015
Speaking of new key visual... here it is.

New characters?

Mar 23, 2018 9:26 PM

Apr 2012
That was quite a finale for the first arc.
In the end, they had to drag back mommy from the grave to finish it :D
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 23, 2018 10:45 PM

Jan 2017
Wow it really felt like this is the end. But still, ain't that supposedly the final boss too weak? Hiyori isn't really that strong but she managed too win. Oh well.

And so the second cour is going back to zero with a new arc huh. Can't wait.
Mar 23, 2018 11:18 PM

Oct 2013
>Yume really died
>A girl dying in this type of anime
oh my, this is not the average "let's make an anime about cute girls fighting monsters"

I hope Kanami and Hiyori didn't cut their lifespan just as their mothers...
because having them dying in their 30's would be too sad for the heroes of the world

I think those are Suzuka and Yomi, they could try to continue Yukari's legacy.
While it's kind of sad to see Yukari dying before the ending, perhaps it was better than making her last for 12 episodes more.

Maki learned the truth for good.

I hope the second part is as good as this one
Mar 24, 2018 1:35 AM

Apr 2009
well can't wait for the other half of this anime and Marchen Madchen will suck their balls out in embarassment

Mar 24, 2018 4:37 AM

Oct 2007
Not much to say... except completely amazed at the last scenes with Hiyori. Well done. :)
Mar 24, 2018 5:21 AM

Sep 2015
Liddo-kun said:
Not much to say... except completely amazed at the last scenes with Hiyori. Well done. :)

Same here. definately epic moment for Hiyori. That song made me thought Hiyori going to be in time space forever.
valvravetruthMar 24, 2018 5:28 AM
Mar 24, 2018 5:28 AM

Sep 2015
Nice duet song, tiltled “Even if this body will end now” sang by Hiyori & Kanami. Praise Hiyori for her resolution to seal Aradama forever by sacrificing herself.
valvravetruthMar 24, 2018 5:42 AM
Mar 24, 2018 7:31 AM

Oct 2007
valvravetruth said:
Liddo-kun said:

Same here. definately epic moment for Hiyori. That song made me thought Hiyori going to be in time space forever.

Yeah, it looked like the end for her.. but Kanami was able to save her in time.

Can't wait for the soundtrack. I want to hear the full version of the song used here.
Mar 24, 2018 9:29 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm ...... i hope the next arc of Toji will be still the same good story

Mar 25, 2018 4:46 AM
Nov 2015
Mar 25, 2018 4:51 AM

Jul 2015
It's not quite Houseki no Kuni but they're taking advantage of the CG for this so that's good, can't be easy to have so many characters moving on screen at once during a fight. Which was quite a damn good fight, they did good. Twas pretty awesome and a good finale.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 25, 2018 8:29 AM

Mar 2008
Maybe a little dramatically underserved. Will be interesting to see where we'll go from here - I wouldn't be opposed to some light aradama hunting and sparring/tourney shenanigans. Comfy moe blobbing is fine too.
Mar 25, 2018 9:13 AM
Oct 2017
That's the issue with starting with a story arc that seems more like it'd be reserved for a few seasons in, how do you possibly escalate from here with 12 episodes left? I'm interested either way, the acton was pretty well animated considering they had 6 characters going against 1 at one point, that takes skill.

I'm kind of disappointed by Yukari herself. So you're telling me this Toji who is the latest in a long line of strong Toji just so easily let herself be manipulated by the self proclaimed 'god of evil' with barely an argument? That's the motivation for 20 years of a stranglehold on Japan? Seems pretty weak.

What I am interested in now that Tagitsu's gone is the Royal guard. They've all got Aradama in them, so presumably they've all got to go. Hell there should be a lot of arrests pending at the very least.
Mar 25, 2018 1:01 PM

Jul 2009
Oh wow i thought this was it. How do this and grancrest get 24eps but overlord doesnt tt
Mar 25, 2018 7:12 PM
Mar 2016
Just give me Yume back
Mar 26, 2018 1:59 AM

Oct 2008
So Kanami's Limit break is her acting like her mom but her moves greatly surpasses Yukari Origami! but only for a short while maybe 30 seconds?
So Kanami & Hiyori now went to the Netherworlds!? but actually went to a different location holding hands!?
4/5.

Mar 26, 2018 7:25 AM

Feb 2016
I hope Yume isn't dead, maybe she is sleeping or absorbed by great great grand coined aradama.

What will tell at next 11 episodes? Easy;

An onsen/beach episode, cleanup mission for leftover enemies, some aradama fragments are escaped to some of main characters' mind and body and they will fight each other to save friends, then Yukiko will steal Yume's and Origami Yukari's bodies, she will turn them into aradama possessed ultimate evil but cute bosses, if this is not enough; Yukina and her Sayaka-like army will take over the bad role to annoy main characters.

OK I will shut up!
Mar 26, 2018 10:00 AM
May 2016
matias067 said:
So Kanami's Limit break is her acting like her mom but her moves greatly surpasses Yukari Origami! but only for a short while maybe 30 seconds?
So Kanami & Hiyori now went to the Netherworlds!? but actually went to a different location holding hands!?
4/5.

Nope, Minato(Kanami's mom) actually possess her daughter body, or rather it is the 17 years old clone that Kanami meet in every dream.
Kanami and Hiyori still back on "Earth"
Mar 28, 2018 1:26 AM
Dec 2017
Unsaltedmeat said:
Just give me Yume back

IKR! Why take Yume!!!!???? we'll give you renpu's president in return!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2018

43 by nhkam »»
Jul 13, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

25 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 8, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

27 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 28, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

17 by IAMQT »»
Oct 21, 2022 12:06 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 21 Discussion

Rob - Dec 29, 2018

2 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 29, 2022 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.