Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2017 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty intense episode.

This episode had a decent amount of skilled moves and painful submissions. White Tiger Mask really is not someone to mess with in the ring as his title lives up to his reputation.

There's some obvious difference in skill and abilities shown this episode. Loved the fiery rivalry going on between the Yellow and Black Tiger Mask.
Poor Tiger :<
Stark700Mar 25, 2017 1:20 PM
Mar 25, 2017 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
too many holds not enough hitting but still a decent episode although I'm shocked at just how op the third really is. I hate that there just using yellow devil to get tiger the dark angry and what really sucks is it's not even the real yellow devil just some no body and it works. I feel like the yellow devil is becoming a joke simply there to piss off tiger the dark which sucks but I guess it works since now the third is the new yellow devil.
Mar 25, 2017 3:38 PM

Aug 2016
Would have been way better if tiger the dark won without any help, now it seems a bit unfair for Tiger mask... anyway, it was a team game so those things can happen :/
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 25, 2017 4:05 PM

Jun 2013
BADASS! Havem't seen such an epic show since ages.

I have nothing more to say.
Weakness is a sin!
Mar 25, 2017 4:21 PM

Nov 2015
That vertical suplex looked painful.

Mar 25, 2017 7:41 PM
Sep 2015
Tiger Mask lost to the Dark as I predicted in episode 22 discussion, this was necessary to help him rocketing get much stronger. And the Yellow Mask that beat Takuma's dad is upgrade to the Third? Or he was already the Third at that time but was playing around?
Mar 25, 2017 8:28 PM

Dec 2016
Both the tigers are now even. I actually liked how Tiger the Dark defeated Tiger mask, he implemented a heel tactic to get the win successfully.
Mar 25, 2017 9:49 PM

Jan 2014
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
Would have been way better if tiger the dark won without any help, now it seems a bit unfair for Tiger mask... anyway, it was a team game so those things can happen :/
That's kinda the point. Tiger Mask is "invincible" (thematic-wise). He cannot lose, for he's the one at the top of opposing GMW.

The way he lost like, meant that Dark isn't necessarily the superior fighter and that Naoto is still strong, HOWEVER it also means that had his move Tiger Drive not been neutralized he could have won. It is a very weird way to have him lose but not lose, but that ultimately cements his path for further growth and he will need that. If Takuma could stop his key move then so can The Third.

.......and speaking about him I didn't expect him and Fukuwara Mask to have story. I knew Fukuwara Mask was experienced and strong, but the two sharing techniques will likely make him a key for Naoto to become strong enough to face The Third.......also unless Takuma bleeds from his chest from a knee strike, that slash wound shown on the preview will very much be Devil's Tornado, which very much cements The Third as the original Yellow Devil (kind of expected).

This was a very nice episode and hopefully Naoto regains consciousness enough to realize who his real enemy is.

And just in case for those who weren't aware......The Third resembles Tiger the Great from the original Tiger Mask. He was the ultimate enemy of Naoto Date, and oh boy........I watched that fight and it was bloody as hell.......they'll likely tune it down for this series but if the original fight is indicative of something, then that battle will be brutal, and we're gonna have a glimpse of that with Takuma as the scapegoat.
Mar 25, 2017 11:32 PM
Jul 2014
I'm not really complaining about that result as it wasn't a clean win (the Kevin interference) so it protects TIger Mask's status and image storywise.
Mar 26, 2017 12:45 AM

Jul 2016
What a great episode!
Mar 26, 2017 3:00 AM

Jan 2011
Tiger actually lost!

The way they powered through all the matches I figured it was gonna end in a couple of eps, but looks like it'll go a little longer than that after Tiger's loss.
Mar 26, 2017 6:35 AM

Jan 2013

Well........ crap.... didn't expect him to lose before challenging The Third!
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 26, 2017 10:34 PM

Jul 2012
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
I agree, I see why they did it story wise but I'm super unsettled by that ending.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Mar 27, 2017 10:57 AM

Jan 2015
Well, everyone's gotta lose at some point.
Mar 27, 2017 12:24 PM

Oct 2016
Every Tiger Mask has one lost match. In the manga, I know that one of the Miracle 3s (there were three, strongman, technician and heel move expert, all with a similar body build and pretending to be one person) scored a clean victory against TM, in the anime first season, Tiger lost to Antonio Inoki in ep 16 and in the second season, TM lost the first fight versus Vampire Mask 'The Bat'. I suppose that can be considered the norm in the series, that Tiger Mask loses one match.
Mar 30, 2017 12:34 PM

Oct 2008
Overall the whole torunament was great to watch and almost all character wrestlers appeared! nice!
Is that supposed to be a twist!? Tiger Mask losing to Tiger the Dark!?
That one-on-one of The Third and Fukuwara mask was cool! and it proves thatr Fukuwara mask is really a pro because he held his ground against The Third for quite a while.
Naito on the other hand, fought quite longer against The Third.
Tiger the Dark is already injured because of the finisher move of Tiger Mask inflicted to him. That would be the handicap against the Third and it would cost him great trouble.
I think The Third would still win even if Tiger Mask and Tiger the Dark team-up. Since he is also the Yellow Devil the original...lolz
5/5.

Apr 5, 2017 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
BGMaxie said:
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
That's kinda the point. Tiger Mask is "invincible" (thematic-wise). He cannot lose, for he's the one at the top of opposing GMW.

The way he lost like, meant that Dark isn't necessarily the superior fighter and that Naoto is still strong, HOWEVER it also means that had his move Tiger Drive not been neutralized he could have won. It is a very weird way to have him lose but not lose, but that ultimately cements his path for further growth and he will need that. If Takuma could stop his key move then so can The Third.

.......and speaking about him I didn't expect him and Fukuwara Mask to have story. I knew Fukuwara Mask was experienced and strong, but the two sharing techniques will likely make him a key for Naoto to become strong enough to face The Third.......also unless Takuma bleeds from his chest from a knee strike, that slash wound shown on the preview will very much be Devil's Tornado, which very much cements The Third as the original Yellow Devil (kind of expected).

This was a very nice episode and hopefully Naoto regains consciousness enough to realize who his real enemy is.

And just in case for those who weren't aware......The Third resembles Tiger the Great from the original Tiger Mask. He was the ultimate enemy of Naoto Date, and oh boy........I watched that fight and it was bloody as hell.......they'll likely tune it down for this series but if the original fight is indicative of something, then that battle will be brutal, and we're gonna have a glimpse of that with Takuma as the scapegoat.

I'd say it's smart booking (if we assume the anime is the writers' kayfabe). The top face still looks strong, yet he was outsmarted by the heel, who stole the victory. It's Booking 101 at its finest and it works. It also prevents Tiger Mask from being a boring invincible Cena/Reigns guy.

Looks like Fukuwara knows SE SIRDO personally, that's something I didn't expect.
May 2, 2017 8:03 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The great Final, Tigher the Third Vs. Tiger the Dark!!!
Tiger the Dark wins TIger Mask, although he was hurt in this combat!!!
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM
Nov 2021
Eu não estava esperando essa derrota do Tiger Mask nessa altura. Achei que ele iria avançar um pouco mais para aí sim eles batalharem por igual e aí um deles pegaria o yellow devil no fina.
Kevin FDP kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Os caras estavam lutando numa boa por igual (com o Tiger Mask tendo lutado até um pouco mais que o Tiger the Dark). Essa finalização pegou de um jeito que eu não esperava. Mas gostei de como vai avançar.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

42 by Coolzweg2 »»
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2017

16 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.