Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you agree with me or not and if you do agree are there other questions that you wish would be answered?
Dec 22, 2016 6:47 PM
Jan 2016
SPOILERS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Overall I'm really enjoying this anime, like so much so. I love the art style that it uses, I love the animation and the action when its there is extremely top notch in my opinion. This has quickly turned into one of my favorite shows, but I only have one major gripe with this. Flip Flappers is far too ambitious. We are on the second to last episode right now and there are just so many questions that have been left unanswered completely and might not ever get addressed at all. For starters Nyunyu has done absolutely nothing since she was introduce really besides be a background character and beating up Buu. We got slight backstory about the red gate that they entered before that altered Irodori but we have yet to have any of it fleshed out at all, also Cocona seemed to have completely given up on changing her back to how she was before. How did Papika go from being young to older to young again. How did Mimi and Papika got caught after escaping the first time. How exactly did Salt's father go insane, what did he see or was it just the act of him going into pure illusion. There are just so many questions that most likely will go unanswered, and I feel like if they had more then 13 episodes that it would turn out a lot better, they'd be able to flesh out ideas a bit more, give things more explanations onto why its happening or how. Its just that the show itself seems to like delving into a lot of ideas but so far it hasn't followed through on any of them. Nevertheless I'm still greatly enjoying this, its just that in my opinion it would be far more enjoyable if more questions were answered.

Edit 1: Edited some bad grammar.
AniMomoDec 22, 2016 6:55 PM
Dec 22, 2016 7:26 PM

Feb 2015
I kinda agree that they didn't use the first few episodes to their full potential by cramming story down our throats, but I still think this series is doing a fantastic job. Personally, I feel it's the best show out this season.

As for your concerns, I agree Nyu needs a little more attention, but I feel like she is just suppose to be another Yayaka, another Pure Illusion child they succeeded in making. Papika's age also should be addressed, my guess is some wonky Pure Illusion shenanigans are going on.

As for how Papika and Mimi got caught, that isn't really all that important, IMO. All that matters really, is that they got caught. As for Salt's father, I believe he went insane because Mimi interacted with that glowy red gate in Pure Illusion or because some people are simply incompatible with that world.

TLDR; I respect and agree with some of your points, but still think this show is the best this season.
Dec 22, 2016 8:01 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah, there are some questions that haven't been answered yet, and I'd be a bit disappointed if they weren't answered in the final episode.

But I understand that they want to leave some things to our imaginations.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Dec 22, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2009
visual medium like anime tend to let the viewers fill in the blanks/gaps of the story

light novel and manga meanwhile tend to spoon feed every details of the story to the readers

i just accepted those observations of different entertainment medium really
Dec 22, 2016 8:28 PM
Jan 2016
Yautja said:
I kinda agree that they didn't use the first few episodes to their full potential by cramming story down our throats, but I still think this series is doing a fantastic job. Personally, I feel it's the best show out this season.

As for your concerns, I agree Nyu needs a little more attention, but I feel like she is just suppose to be another Yayaka, another Pure Illusion child they succeeded in making. Papika's age also should be addressed, my guess is some wonky Pure Illusion shenanigans are going on.

As for how Papika and Mimi got caught, that isn't really all that important, IMO. All that matters really, is that they got caught. As for Salt's father, I believe he went insane because Mimi interacted with that glowy red gate in Pure Illusion or because some people are simply incompatible with that world.

TLDR; I respect and agree with some of your points, but still think this show is the best this season.

Thank you for the respect (I really do mean it). I guess my problem with not showing how Mimi and Papika got recaptured is because I sort of want some backstory to Mimi. Like we don't really see any character progression with Mimi at all or at least the progression we do see is a result of everything happening off screen for her.

Now that I think about it the red gate thing does make sense as to how Salt's father went insane, rather obvious since they go into it and then literally the next scene he is insane.

Finally as for Papika's age I think its mostly just a need for closure on it. Like its not entirely important at all, just a little nitpick really.

Also yes I do agree with you that I think this is the best show this season :)
Dec 22, 2016 8:33 PM
Jan 2016
Crimson said:
Yeah, there are some questions that haven't been answered yet, and I'd be a bit disappointed if they weren't answered in the final episode.

But I understand that they want to leave some things to our imaginations.

j0x said:
visual medium like anime tend to let the viewers fill in the blanks/gaps of the story

light novel and manga meanwhile tend to spoon feed every details of the story to the readers

i just accepted those observations of different entertainment medium really

Thank you both for your input, I do agree that leaving it to the viewer's imagination is important when it comes to anime (mostly because of the high costs it takes to produce anime) and I know that not everything will be answered in the last episode and perhaps some of the important things will be.

As for light novels 'spoon feeding' details to the readers, its really only spoon feeding if they are 'tell don't show' as opposed to 'show don't tell' but I do understand what you are saying.
Dec 22, 2016 8:58 PM

Aug 2015
AniMomo said:

For starters Nyunyu has done absolutely nothing since she was introduce really besides be a background character and beating up Buu.

I too found her too mysterious maybe just a comic relief to the show just like Buu? Though I feel that she has an important part on the series maybe will be save for the last?

AniMomo said:

We got slight backstory about the red gate that they entered before that altered Irodori but we have yet to have any of it fleshed out at all

From what I understand, the red gate that was first seen in episode 6 was some sort of a portal to access a human's sub-consciousness through Pure Illusion It was also shown in episode 11 during the Mimi/Salt flashback

AniMomo said:

also Cocona seemed to have completely given up on changing her back to how she was before.

I don't think it that way rather she's confused because of the events that happened to her especially in episode 10. Aside from that she was controlled by Mimi, the bad side of Mimi to be precise, but looking at the end part of episode 12 after she gained back to her self just shows that Cocona found her resolve.

AniMomo said:

How did Papika go from being young to older to young again. How did Mimi and Papika got caught after escaping the first time.

Found this theory on reddit and I thought that it makes sense, credits to the poster:
"Soooo, possible idea, Mimi gives birth to Cocona and the three of them continue to live in Pure Illusion. Eventually Papikana decides they should leave, Mimi's all 'nah, fuck that', so Papikana points out that Mimi is holding her daughter hostage the same way that Mimi herself was once held. Mimi flips, beleiving that Papikana has been corrupted and is now her enemy, she then uses her power to try and bring back the real Papikana. This results in Papikana being 'reset' to the state that Mimi first met her (i.e. way younger) but this person has no memory of Mimi, or baby Cocona, or anything else that has happened and so Mimi locks her away and tries to forget all about her. Eventually Cocona discovers Papika and helps her to escape, which is possibly what we're seeing in that picture you've linked."

AniMomo said:

How exactly did Salt's father go insane, what did he see or was it just the act of him going into pure illusion.

He went to Pure Illusion through ELPIS the lab's own way of accessing Pure Illusion via Mimi and Papikana, most probably he thought endless possibilities on the use of Pure Illusion in real world. World domination(?)

Well as much as I want to know everything on this show, I'm also fine if they don't make it point out at all just for the whimsical and mystic vibes on it.
Dec 22, 2016 10:50 PM
Jan 2016
SeijiroUshio said:
AniMomo said:

For starters Nyunyu has done absolutely nothing since she was introduce really besides be a background character and beating up Buu.

I too found her too mysterious maybe just a comic relief to the show just like Buu? Though I feel that she has an important part on the series maybe will be save for the last?

AniMomo said:

We got slight backstory about the red gate that they entered before that altered Irodori but we have yet to have any of it fleshed out at all

From what I understand, the red gate that was first seen in episode 6 was some sort of a portal to access a human's sub-consciousness through Pure Illusion It was also shown in episode 11 during the Mimi/Salt flashback

AniMomo said:

also Cocona seemed to have completely given up on changing her back to how she was before.

I don't think it that way rather she's confused because of the events that happened to her especially in episode 10. Aside from that she was controlled by Mimi, the bad side of Mimi to be precise, but looking at the end part of episode 12 after she gained back to her self just shows that Cocona found her resolve.

AniMomo said:

How did Papika go from being young to older to young again. How did Mimi and Papika got caught after escaping the first time.

Found this theory on reddit and I thought that it makes sense, credits to the poster:
"Soooo, possible idea, Mimi gives birth to Cocona and the three of them continue to live in Pure Illusion. Eventually Papikana decides they should leave, Mimi's all 'nah, fuck that', so Papikana points out that Mimi is holding her daughter hostage the same way that Mimi herself was once held. Mimi flips, beleiving that Papikana has been corrupted and is now her enemy, she then uses her power to try and bring back the real Papikana. This results in Papikana being 'reset' to the state that Mimi first met her (i.e. way younger) but this person has no memory of Mimi, or baby Cocona, or anything else that has happened and so Mimi locks her away and tries to forget all about her. Eventually Cocona discovers Papika and helps her to escape, which is possibly what we're seeing in that picture you've linked."

AniMomo said:

How exactly did Salt's father go insane, what did he see or was it just the act of him going into pure illusion.

He went to Pure Illusion through ELPIS the lab's own way of accessing Pure Illusion via Mimi and Papikana, most probably he thought endless possibilities on the use of Pure Illusion in real world. World domination(?)

Well as much as I want to know everything on this show, I'm also fine if they don't make it point out at all just for the whimsical and mystic vibes on it.

Thank you for your useful input, and don't get me wrong I don't mind if they don't answer a lot of the questions, its just a gripe I have with the show is all. Even though its a gripe I have with it though I can look past that because of how great I think it is~ though the fan theory is interesting, though all it is right now is just that, a theory.
Dec 23, 2016 2:12 AM

Jul 2015
Since they are releasing a comic i wouldn't be surprised if some answers are exclusive to it.
Dec 23, 2016 3:29 AM

Jan 2015
I absolutely love Nyunyu, I think she will have an important role in the last episode

@Grani-smith yeah that's the most possible case. It was the same for Yuri Kuma Arashi
Dec 23, 2016 4:16 AM
Jun 2015
The main things they need to explain in the next episode are:

1) Papika shrinking into a middle school student
2) Nyunyu
3) Cocona's Grandma's actual existence
Dec 23, 2016 5:14 PM

May 2015
uchimaki131 said:

2) Nyunyu

Her grandma was already explained, she was just a robot working for the KKK team.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Dec 26, 2016 1:40 AM
Jan 2016
RainyRai said:
uchimaki131 said:

2) Nyunyu

Her grandma was already explained, she was just a robot working for the KKK team.

I think what he means is like if Cocona actually had a grandmother and stuff, like does she actually exist.
Dec 26, 2016 1:47 AM

Dec 2014
I enjoy playing its OP theme "Serendipity" in Osu and now I'm interested to watch it. Is it worth it?
Dec 26, 2016 4:34 AM

May 2015
AniMomo said:
RainyRai said:

I think what he means is like if Cocona actually had a grandmother and stuff, like does she actually exist.

Well I mean, Mimi probably doesn't have a mom, so if Cocona seriously had a grandmother it would have to be Salt's mom, but Salt's not young.

I don't think Cocona' grandmother existed, she was just the robot the KKK made take care of and watch Cocona. Cocona didn't know any better that she didn't have a real grandmother.
thefreeloader said:
I enjoy playing its OP theme "Serendipity" in Osu and now I'm interested to watch it. Is it worth it?

Nah, the shows buckled under all the things it tried to do and now it's lost any thematic substance. The finale episode won't be able to salvage the series for me anymore so it's really just a 4/10 now.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Dec 26, 2016 6:54 PM

Mar 2010
thefreeloader said:

Yes, now go and watch it! :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2016

213 by Puncheon »»
Sep 11, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2016

190 by DELLspencer »»
Jul 14, 11:01 AM

» Flip Flappers Taken Off of HiDive!

Pish_Posh - Dec 3, 2023

3 by Bastodon »»
May 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

142 by Touka »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

143 by Touka »»
Sep 26, 2023 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.