Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it looks like Rinne is depressed after her loss. Not even a bit surprised about that.

Eh I guess the episode was okay, felt more like a transition with the aftermath of the fight. Glad to see Vivio doing better now. Interesting to see Fuuka fight Rinne already. I guess the difference in their skills is still quite big...it's like Rinne barely tried so far.
Nov 26, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2010
So Rinne was really feeling down but it seems like a lot might change in this fight.
Fuuka and Rinne working out their differences in a fight i really interesting and it makes me wonder how it will end.
Nov 26, 2016 9:12 AM

Sep 2015
Yup Rinne is feeling down alright but she is back up as soon as she can fight the champion. And yay we got to see very adult-like Lutecia and cute Fabia. Even Sieglinde was there XD

At the same time I'm amaze how they can really find a reason to have that "fated" fight between Fuuka and Rinne. So the real question is, can Fuuka really win this? Personally I hope not. Because the balance will be off, I mean there is no way Fuuka with only a recent training(learnt skill) able to win Rinne. It will be even more worst than losing to Vivio 2 times. Either way Its an exciteing fight and maybe Fuuka can miraclely win against Rinne just like the case with Vivio earlier.
valvravetruthNov 26, 2016 9:21 AM
Nov 26, 2016 11:28 AM

Feb 2008
Well we all knew it that Rinne would feeling down from her loss and it was twice on same opponent.
I guess Rinne and Einhart were a bit similar about showing off strength but Rinne were more delicate and weak mentally person.
Once she know she could fight against Einhart again she stop feeling down but didn't took Fuuka match that seriously and underestimated her too much.
She probably thought that she will finished her match quickly like her other match.
Well as for Fuuka she want to give her some more punches.

P.S : Indeed it really nice to see Sieglinde and rest. They had to be show in series they were in opening. haha :D
BlackbirdNov 26, 2016 4:10 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 26, 2016 2:49 PM

Nov 2015
I felt bad for Rinne, she felt really depressed. Fuuka gave that punch for her life though.

Nov 26, 2016 5:13 PM
Feb 2015
So Fuuka and Rinne are finally fighting each other. Seems like Fuuka has the advantage at the moment but for some reason i feel that Rinne is going to win though.
Nov 27, 2016 1:19 AM

Aug 2013
finally Fuuka vs Rinne
hoping for 20mins of action next episode!
Nov 27, 2016 1:52 PM

Aug 2014
So this was basically the horrible episode 7 plus the cliffhanger, but this time it was done right. Excited for next ep.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Nov 27, 2016 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
Well that was something.

I suppose this episode kind of reflects a problem with the show. Not enough insight into Fuka's mindset. Is she just venting her anger about Rinne's actions or does she care about helping her friend? I don't really know right now.

She kind of vanished from the show from the point they started Rinne's flashbacks. Both in terms of getting into her head and also seeing what she's capable of. Getting knocked around early in the fight and coming back in almost overwhelming fashion are both plausible since we have no real understanding of her current skill level. We've seen multiple short-long fights with her but basically very little with Fuka.

Hopefully with the major stage they set up, they can do this right. At bare minimum the fight has to take the whole next episode to unfold.
Nov 27, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2012
Give it to her straight, Fuuka

Nov 27, 2016 3:54 PM

Jun 2012
Fuuka will probably lose, but not before she knock some sense into Rinne. Scenery reminds me of StrikerS, when Nanoha got little angry at Subaru and Teana, and punish them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-lZSp4oog
Nov 27, 2016 4:03 PM

Sep 2009
I presume it is the same training field that was used during the command battle in the beginning of Vivid.
Nov 27, 2016 4:33 PM
Feb 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I presume it is the same training field that was used during the command battle in the beginning of Vivid.

Yes it's the same place.
Nov 27, 2016 7:05 PM

Oct 2012
kamil88 said:
Fuuka will probably lose, but not before she knock some sense into Rinne. Scenery reminds me of StrikerS, when Nanoha got little angry at Subaru and Teana, and punish them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-lZSp4oog
Yeah I'd prefer that she loses too, I just feel that it would be off if she won with only 4 months of training, it would make Vivio's fight way less impactful. My guess is Fuuka loses but manages to change something in Rinne to the point that in her next fight with Einhart she maybe enjoys it now? I dunno but I'm expecting a change in Rinne's attitude after her fight with Fuuka
And wow at the YT link, it's been quite a bit since I finished StrikerS but I'm tempted to go back and rewatch the entire franchise again to see all of Nanoha's friendship attacks xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 27, 2016 9:55 PM

Mar 2008
gust11 said:
Yeah I'd prefer that she loses too, I just feel that it would be off if she won with only 4 months of training, it would make Vivio's fight way less impactful. My guess is Fuuka loses but manages to change something in Rinne to the point that in her next fight with Einhart she maybe enjoys it now? I dunno but I'm expecting a change in Rinne's attitude after her fight with Fuuka
And wow at the YT link, it's been quite a bit since I finished StrikerS but I'm tempted to go back and rewatch the entire franchise again to see all of Nanoha's friendship attacks xD

I do feel like that'd be the best way to do it. Fuka winning would feel way too extreme. Although its incredibly hard to tell how good Fuka is right now. We never see her fight outside of round 1 of that tournament. But her opponent didn't last long enough to give an impression.

The best way would probably be knocking some sense into Rinne, but still losing. I hope that her words at the end of the episode were an attempt to get a rise out of Rinne. Get the real her to come to the surface and let her work through all the things weighing her down. And since Vivio already beat Rinne this allows for her to win, but gain something. Then both girls can face Einahrt in individual matches and maybe bond over the eventual defeat XD.

Just push Rinne and get her to enjoy herself. Understand that she can have friends and happiness and get stronger all at the same time. Grieve for what happened and move forward in a proper way.
Nov 27, 2016 10:04 PM

Jun 2015
Rinne looked so depressed after her fight. She even decided to quit. Fuuka fighting her already was a surprise. I was expecting some build up for the fight. But the wait is over now. Fuuka better make Rinne come to her senses with this fight.
Nov 27, 2016 11:02 PM

Dec 2011
FlareKnight said:
Well that was something.

I suppose this episode kind of reflects a problem with the show. Not enough insight into Fuka's mindset. Is she just venting her anger about Rinne's actions or does she care about helping her friend? I don't really know right now.

She kind of vanished from the show from the point they started Rinne's flashbacks. Both in terms of getting into her head and also seeing what she's capable of. Getting knocked around early in the fight and coming back in almost overwhelming fashion are both plausible since we have no real understanding of her current skill level. We've seen multiple short-long fights with her but basically very little with Fuka.

Hopefully with the major stage they set up, they can do this right. At bare minimum the fight has to take the whole next episode to unfold.

I have to agree, Fuuka immediately lost her spot as the main heroine after Rinne's flashback. Now even her motivation seems unclear, tbh she does not even look like she care to fight Rinne after she learn Rinne's past. And ofc Rinne too doesnt seems to care about Fuuka since all she wanted to is to fight Einheart.

Anyway, I think that Rinne will win against Fuuka so that we can have a match between Rinne and Einheart (not after Fuuka beat her to her sense first ofc), after that we can have a match between Fuuka and Einheart in the tournament as the finale. I am sure this will what they going to go for since we can shee more matchup this way
Nov 28, 2016 12:17 AM

Aug 2014
Fuu-chan seems too randomly op. Rinne is this "once in a century" fighter that was built up as so tough and going through this intense training, and Fuu-chan gave her a down.... across a large intersection through five bookshelves breaking the wall in a single punch. When before it was only Vivio that could stand toe to toe with her. Fuu-chan did knock Vivio out of the ring with her first Sky-Severing Strike. It could just be Rinne seems so strong cause the U15 is filled with a bunch of weaklings, besides these few girls we follow. Rinne is gonna lose, cause if she's having this much of a fight against Vivio (who isn't built for fighting) then Fuu-chan (who has little training in comparison)... she doesn't stand a chance against Einhard. Neither does Fuuka tbh.
Nov 28, 2016 12:26 AM

Aug 2014
amc9988 said:

Anyway, I think that Rinne will win against Fuuka so that we can have a match between Rinne and Einheart (not after Fuuka beat her to her sense first ofc), after that we can have a match between Fuuka and Einheart in the tournament as the finale. I am sure this will what they going to go for since we can shee more matchup this way

Hmmm, I wonder, it's possible that Fuuka will beat Rinne's ass until they come to an understanding, then Fuuka will forfeit to give Rinne an honest shot at being the champ, then Einhard comes in with a swift knock out. Rinne reflects and yadda yadda who cares. Then Fuuka vs Einhard. Sounds about right.
Nov 28, 2016 12:40 AM

Jun 2010
The fun thing about this series, is that you can make predictions all you want, but in the end, there's no way you can possibly accurately predict an outcome. A fight in this series doesn't necessarily have to be won by the protagonist or whoever it seems like might win it.

Like, look at the surprising direction that Vivio fight went. Pretty much everyone expected her to lose.
Nov 28, 2016 3:36 AM

Apr 2011
That's right, Fuuka. Beat the sense out of her!

THe fight between the two is finally here. But it feels too soon for them to fight each other. Its hard to predict who wins. I just gotta enjoy every minute of it.
Nov 28, 2016 6:33 AM

Jul 2009
Fuuka will win for sure!
Nov 28, 2016 9:14 AM

Aug 2016
I'm not realy liking where to story is headed....
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 28, 2016 6:56 PM

Jul 2014
Weird transition, depression really? So wishy washy...
Nov 28, 2016 11:20 PM

Sep 2015
They must mend their relationship no matter who wins or lose
Nov 30, 2016 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
fight lacks any real build up and the animation this week is a big disappointment :(
Dec 2, 2016 1:56 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now this was a great episode.
Its interesting to see what Rinne's inner thoughts were as
she wins her fights and at the same time see that Jill does
care about Rinne as well.

I like the show keeps introducing new characters that serve to
help Fukka and the others get stronger.

The fight between Fukka and Rinne is arguably one thing
that we have been looking forward to and man that fight is shaping up nicely.

Well Rinne was bound to lose at some point in her career
Good job on the part of Vivio though cause that was an excellent match
too bad that her injuries prevent her from being in the finals
But Vivio manage to accomplish one of her goals

Its nice to see Rinne being knocked won to size though
hope she realizes that you don't have to be horrible to each fighter in
your quest to get strong

Hmm so the next match in the finals will be Fuuka and Eins eh
that will be a match to see and remember

Rinne just needs to accept that she lost and that she should stop looking
down on other fighters really

Man the finals will be a sight to see
master vs student eh
Though im betting on Fuuka a part of me wants Eins to win as well

its nice to see that both Eins and Fuuka are looking forward to the finals
glad that see that Vivio wasn't seriously hurt though

So now that Rinne has lost she has lost the will and the reason as to why she
was fighting eh

Despite being enemies Jill can be nice sometimes lol
i guess Rinne's lose not only affected her but also her couch as well
hmm i love it how videos are so widespread in this setting
even voice messages are videos lol

Lol Harry's reaction on hearing Rinne's decision was so over the top
El's is pretty perceptive and understanding of feelings as well
so El's is voiced by the same seiyuu that voiced Beatrice in Re zero eh
no wonder her voice was so familiar

As ever Eins is always the one that sees the big picture first
lol Harry crashing the vid with her words and getting dragged away as well
Fuuka and Nova's reaction to Eins words about the match lol

hmm a challenge against Fuuka and Eins with the prize that she always wanted eh
this is everything that Rinne has been aiming for

So Eins was like Rinne once eh
that explains how she knows what Rinne is going through
its nice to see Rinne regaining her resolve after hearing Eins challenge

Well can't fault Eins logic there at all
but the chances of either Eins or Fuuka losing is not low

hmm so the three at the training came are veterans too eh
wow so the fight will have no time limit or limit to falls eh
this should be a interesting fight

as expected Rinne is super fast
but Eins is right
its too soon to think of taking on Eins yet

Love Fuuka's speech though
go Fuuka destroy that arrogant attitude of Rinne's with your punches
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2016 7:33 PM

Oct 2008
Oh My God! very good episode! especially at the end!
Fuuka really has gotten stronger! oh yes!
5/5!

Jan 10, 2017 5:55 PM

Dec 2016
What I would have changed is have Rinne defeat Vivio in the previous episode and have Rinne pull out due to injury, the same thing Vivio did.

Or maybe after the 2nd round she has a go at Jill because she is losing and starts yelling at her and goes on to win the fight but pulls out of the rest because she is embarrassed by the scene she made or just doesn't feel like turning up to the next match because of that.

I didn't like how Rinne was booked throughout this series and was made to look weaker than she should have been after being hyped up as a near unstoppable monster at the beginning.

I expected more form the undisputed #1 world ranker chasing Einhart and the world title, she should have been made to look strong.

The winner of that match was set to face Fuuka in the next round, so it would have given Einhart the same incentive to request that match with a title shot involved if Rinne was the winner.

That double Starlight Breaker Nanoha & Teana did back in Vivid really did a job on the city.
LukesYGO_WSonYTOct 26, 2017 2:42 AM
Aug 24, 2017 1:12 PM

May 2012
Another pretty nice episode, up to the next one!
Sep 30, 2021 6:56 AM

Feb 2014
Wait why would they have the fight between Rinne and Fuuka before the finals? What if Fuuka gets a really bad injury and she has to withdraw from the tournament D: I'm glad Rinne's feeling better since she agreed to the match though

Aww I wish we could've seen Fuuka's fights in the tournament D: also the phone call where Harry was yelling at Rinne was funny xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2022 4:49 AM

Aug 2018
lol, such a twist, breaking rules.. This fighting league reminds me of WWE, lol.. Such show.. ;P Crowd probably majorly would like this twist.. If only fight would be available on screen for fans as well, though..
Apr 16, 2022 9:38 PM

Feb 2020
Poor Rinne looked so depressed, but I'm glad she's now back in action.

This is going to be a great fight. The first couple of minutes were already awesome.

SerafosFeb 20, 12:42 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

116 by Harvestor »»
Sep 22, 11:03 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

46 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

37 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 3 Discussion

ixarising - Oct 15, 2016

47 by Animelover875 »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.