Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2016 7:04 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh God that dog outfit is just priceless. This episode got me laughing a few times.

Nice to see Gatchmon in action though. Look like that pink haired girl is able to fight as well with appli monsters. Not bad, she has potential.
Oct 29, 2016 9:15 AM

Sep 2015
and now we got rider kick stand user and ora ora ora on same episode
what?
Into the Internet!
Oct 29, 2016 2:06 PM

May 2013
nice episode.
Hope they give Eri and Dokamon much more spotlight time and fight though.
Oct 30, 2016 9:43 PM

Jan 2009
So we got a new character this episode, she's different than what I expected, I hope we get to know more about her and whoever's left to be introduced.
To be honest I don't like the designs of Appmons so far, their chibi-like looks make them seem like they're not fit for battles (and their evolved forms are made with CGI), but well their personalities are fun at least.
Oct 31, 2016 1:48 PM
Apr 2014
This show hardly gets any subs.
Idols mainly promoting apps... W.T.F
And they work for this L company... intriguing

her using a virtual D PAD and 2 buttons is a rather interesting also it gives more credibility to what Haru was doing so there's a concept behind, The "literally Naruto" sidekick will probably play music to assist his appmon and who knows what the Edgelord can do.
The conflict for Eri this episode was just so irrelevant, oh I won't apprealize Dokamon and the she quickly changes her mind with hardly any meaningful convincing done.
A bit too early for a backstory? We already know a lot about her in just her introduction, that's not good.
The way Dokamon ends his sentences is annoying.
That Dokamon and Gatchmon fusion was weird, they didn't really need to do it in his introduction.
Haru is the one who gets Dressmon? he has quite a collection, I expected Eri to get it.
Oct 31, 2016 7:43 PM
Apr 2013
Drake1000 said:

her using a virtual D PAD and 2 buttons is a rather interesting also it gives more credibility to what Haru was doing so there's a concept behind, The "literally Naruto" sidekick will probably play music to assist his appmon and who knows what the Edgelord can do.
The conflict for Eri this episode was just so irrelevant, oh I won't apprealize Dokamon and the she quickly changes her mind with hardly any meaningful convincing done.
A bit too early for a backstory? We already know a lot about her in just her introduction, that's not good.
That Dokamon and Gatchmon fusion was weird, they didn't really need to do it in his introduction.
Haru is the one who gets Dressmon? he has quite a collection, I expected Eri to get it.

I don't think explaining backstory earlier is a bad idea especially after battle. I mean, we only know how she got that applidrive and why she became an applidriver, so we expect to know more later, for example how her family condition, how she could eventually realized the L Corp behind the idol organization and what L Corp actually is, etc.

Bcos of the question asked by the applidrive is different per person that gets it, so we can finally know that applidrive seem questioning personal questions depending on whom it's targetting.

Also I think it's not that irrelevant by the conflict, we already knew that she's busy of becoming idol and she thought dokamon just annoyed her. It's even explained that dokamon is a noisy one that she seemed that it's troublesome. Also for the appliarizing, it's her first time without knowing anything so it's normal for her to be hesitated.

Tbh I like Dokamon, it's much different protag's monster than the generic "blue oni" trope, and then it seems go well with gatchmon, and this series just had subverted it.

Weird fusion? haha, I think it's not. After all, their attempt to promote the toys has been successful by this episode. What toys I meant? This one:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuSWf6aUkAE_RU2.jpg

yeah you can change Gatchmon's hand part and use Dokamon's one into it.
You probably forget that this series is also partly a toy commercial show.
DATS24Oct 31, 2016 7:53 PM
Nov 1, 2016 4:39 AM

Feb 2013
She was a bit annoying when she first appeared but in the end I understood her.
Nov 1, 2016 7:11 AM

Dec 2014
well dokomon was good....A good episode altogether
Nov 1, 2016 7:23 AM
Sep 2012
Finally a new character, no longer the Haru and Gatchmon, thank god, Haru is such a milk toast white bread, you need more interesting character to balance.

I like En, she was the character I was most excited about appearing. She is a character that would fit just as well on a magical girl series, I wonder if her character is influences from the magical girl genre.

I like her and looks like the next episode is focused on her as well, I thought the next episode would introduce Torajirou, but no not yet which is fine give En some time to shine before we bring in the next episode, I mean go dam we had 4 episodes with Haru before we got a new ally, so why not.
Nov 1, 2016 9:50 AM
Apr 2014
DATS24 said:
Drake1000 said:

I don't think explaining backstory earlier is a bad idea especially after battle. I mean, we only know how she got that applidrive and why she became an applidriver, so we expect to know more later, for example how her family condition, how she could eventually realized the L Corp behind the idol organization and what L Corp actually is, etc.

Bcos of the question asked by the applidrive is different per person that gets it, so we can finally know that applidrive seem questioning personal questions depending on whom it's targetting.

Also I think it's not that irrelevant by the conflict, we already knew that she's busy of becoming idol and she thought dokamon just annoyed her. It's even explained that dokamon is a noisy one that she seemed that it's troublesome. Also for the appliarizing, it's her first time without knowing anything so it's normal for her to be hesitated.

Tbh I like Dokamon, it's much different protag's monster than the generic "blue oni" trope, and then it seems go well with gatchmon, and this series just had subverted it.

Weird fusion? haha, I think it's not. After all, their attempt to promote the toys has been successful by this episode. What toys I meant? This one:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuSWf6aUkAE_RU2.jpg

yeah you can change Gatchmon's hand part and use Dokamon's one into it.
You probably forget that this series is also partly a toy commercial show.

If we know too much about a character and if there isn't a bit of mystery they become stale and uninteresting but meh let's see how they handle her character.

Yeah but the way the conflict was resolved was underwhelming.

Yeah it's true that after all this is just a show promoting toys but I don't like the fusion, it's basically Dokamon's gloves on Gatchmon, that's just lazy and very minimalistic, is this really how a fusion between 2 MC mons should look? though it's the early stage, I can't imagine them pulling this shit in the advanced stages.
Drake1000Nov 1, 2016 9:56 AM
Nov 1, 2016 9:46 PM
Apr 2013
Drake1000 said:

If we know too much about a character and if there isn't a bit of mystery they become stale and uninteresting but meh let's see how they handle her character.

Yeah but the way the conflict was resolved was underwhelming.

Yeah it's true that after all this is just a show promoting toys but I don't like the fusion, it's basically Dokamon's gloves on Gatchmon, that's just lazy and very minimalistic, is this really how a fusion between 2 MC mons should look? though it's the early stage, I can't imagine them pulling this shit in the advanced stages.

I guess you insist that you want them to give much mystery to her character trait fron the first backstory explanation. We haven't even go beyond half of the series and they can rather explain it rather or in another way.

Conflict? The conflict between Eri and Dokamon is nothing serious or rather it's not a conflict after all. If you pay attention to the explanation, it's just that Dokamon is noisy that annoyed her idol work. By battle occurs and apprealizing and then they work together, their bond gets stronger. It's just like that.

Lazy? Minimalistic? Hey that's just how it works with Gatchmon and Dokamon. We don't know about another special applink. Also if you look back on XW II, the gimmick is pretty much the same. What do you exactly expect their applink to be?

It's not an appgattai after all, applink is just borrowing power from the applinked appmon. Maybe you're thinking too much.
Nov 2, 2016 7:46 PM

Oct 2011
Eri!!!!!!
Love her already. Dokamon is cute. whoa that applink.
Maybe she'll get the cooking Appmon
Nov 5, 2016 6:39 AM

Nov 2015
Good episode, I hope we see Eri and Dokamon more often.

Feb 5, 2017 3:29 PM

Dec 2010
Finally a good episode, a lot of things happened. Dokamon looks like mechanical version of V-mon. I like him.
Jan 28, 2022 1:52 AM

Feb 2020
Eri is such a nice girl. I like her already.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

10 by Pinguinaa »»
Sep 24, 2022 11:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 52 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

33 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 5:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 51 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

9 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 4:51 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:41 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2017

11 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.