Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2016 1:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Double excel tuning! I knew that was still a thing especially when there's Jack Atlas dueling.

Jack's dragon combos are still awesome imo even against that Fort. Pretty fun duel, I like the comeback that Yuya made as well in his entertaining duel style.
Sep 11, 2016 2:01 AM
Jun 2011
wow yuri creepy face in the end of the episode was just great
Sep 11, 2016 2:39 AM
Apr 2013
I couldn't watched some scenes due to the connection, but from what I see in twitter and such, I assume that the Academia students who are watching the Duel are converted to Yuya's side? And what happen to Sanders?
Sep 11, 2016 2:52 AM

Sep 2011
Frost190 said:
I couldn't watched some scenes due to the connection, but from what I see in twitter and such, I assume that the Academia students who are watching the Duel are converted to Yuya's side? And what happen to Sanders?

The students were converted to EGAO by the King of Egao and so they got on his side (one student even showed Yuya the way to Yuzu/wherever he was taking him). Meanwhile, the students got fed up with Sanders and took him away while he was screaming 'bout how Yuya and other Lancers won't get out of Academia alive.

This episode was much more fun than I had initially though, that paintball battle lmao. Now the gears are slowly turning with Yuri meeting up with Sora (once again...) and Reiji & Yusho meeting up as well. Also we'll see the Ancient Gear deck that rustled the jimmies of so many Tumblr fangirls lol.
RukaliiniSep 11, 2016 3:14 AM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Sep 11, 2016 3:07 AM
Jun 2011
Rukaliini said:
Frost190 said:

The students were converted to EGAO by the King of Egao and so they got on his side (one student even showed Yuya the way to Yuzu/wherever he was taking him). Meanwhile, the students got fed up with Sanders and took him away while he was screaming 'bout how Yuya and other Lancers won't get away from Academia alive.

This episode was much more fun than I had initially though, that paintball battle lmao. Now the gears are slowly turning with Yuri meeting up with Sora (once again...) and Reiji & Yusho meeting up as well.
also that shot of yuri at the end of the episode. wow i got shivers just looking on this
Sep 11, 2016 7:59 AM
Jul 2015
This Egao nonsense really needs to stop. Its a good concept, but its handled absolutely horribly. What happened with never forgiving BB? Yuya's final combo was good (mainly because it wasn't the standard ace>upgrade>win formula) but the visuals completety destroyed it. A Splatfest? WTF? I can totally see the raitings hitting a new bottom after this episode. Arc-V is officially the worst series now. Even if we get only plot episodes from now on, it still won't repair the damage that Egao has inflicted on this series. Its a real shame, especially with how promising Arc-V was at the beginning.Yuya... I still don´t understand how he can forgive BB so easily for turning his friends into cards. I know that he belongs to the cult of EGAO but I still find it hard to believe that he acts like that. I mean, shouldn´t he be angry and full of rage towards BB for hurting his friends? Where is berserk Yuya

Yuya is the worst protagonist in yugioh history even being worster than yuma and arc v is worster than zexal. arc v is more of a kid show than zexal
Sep 11, 2016 9:00 AM
Apr 2013
saeryukgki said:
This Egao nonsense really needs to stop. Its a good concept, but its handled absolutely horribly. What happened with never forgiving BB? Yuya's final combo was good (mainly because it wasn't the standard ace>upgrade>win formula) but the visuals completety destroyed it. A Splatfest? WTF? I can totally see the raitings hitting a new bottom after this episode. Arc-V is officially the worst series now. Even if we get only plot episodes from now on, it still won't repair the damage that Egao has inflicted on this series. Its a real shame, especially with how promising Arc-V was at the beginning.Yuya... I still don´t understand how he can forgive BB so easily for turning his friends into cards. I know that he belongs to the cult of EGAO but I still find it hard to believe that he acts like that. I mean, shouldn´t he be angry and full of rage towards BB for hurting his friends? Where is berserk Yuya

Yuya is the worst protagonist in yugioh history even being worster than yuma and arc v is worster than zexal. arc v is more of a kid show than zexal

Yuya found similarities between himself and BB, so I guess that's what made him able to forgive BB in the end. Plus, In Xyz Dimension after he successfully swayed Edo and Academia there, he and Yuto talks about how forgiveness is the way to end cycle of hatred and war, so I guess Yuya also acts based on that belief despite his statement before the Duel. I do agree that I don't really like the way Yuya did it in the episode and how the Academia students so easily switch side, it feels too abrupt to me (Though I don't hate it as much as you do). The animation staff is definitely on a hurry since the series' end is coming soon.
Sep 11, 2016 12:23 PM
Jun 2011
Frost190 said:
saeryukgki said:

Yuya found similarities between himself and BB, so I guess that's what made him able to forgive BB in the end. Plus, In Xyz Dimension after he successfully swayed Edo and Academia there, he and Yuto talks about how forgiveness is the way to end cycle of hatred and war, so I guess Yuya also acts based on that belief despite his statement before the Duel. I do agree that I don't really like the way Yuya did it in the episode and how the Academia students so easily switch side, it feels too abrupt to me (Though I don't hate it as much as you do). The animation staff is definitely on a hurry since the series' end is coming soon.
it seems yuri have more then just one deck by the preview which is good becouse i love characters that use more then just one deck
Sep 11, 2016 2:26 PM
Jul 2015
Frost190 said:

I must say the academia are the jokest villian in yugioh history and they are fools to switch side that easily. edo,serena,obelisk students and the tyler sisters are jokes after all since they joined yuyas side really easily.Yuya reacted in anger towards reiji when michio,teppei and other duelist got carded during the standard arc and his anger with reiji makes sense after all.but why did he forgive the BB that easily it doesn't makes sense for him to forgive BB that easily since BB carded tsuki and crow .he should have reacted in anger and go in berserk towards BB than he did with reiji.i just dont want yuri to switch sides after all and i want him to be a villian until the last episode. becuase 95% of the cast are good and we dont have to much bad guys
Sep 11, 2016 10:22 PM
Jun 2011
saeryukgki said:
Frost190 said:

I must say the academia are the jokest villian in yugioh history and they are fools to switch side that easily. edo,serena,obelisk students and the tyler sisters are jokes after all since they joined yuyas side really easily.Yuya reacted in anger towards reiji when michio,teppei and other duelist got carded during the standard arc and his anger with reiji makes sense after all.but why did he forgive the BB that easily it doesn't makes sense for him to forgive BB that easily since BB carded tsuki and crow .he should have reacted in anger and go in berserk towards BB than he did with reiji.i just dont want yuri to switch sides after all and i want him to be a villian until the last episode. becuase 95% of the cast are good and we dont have to much bad guys
yuri not looks like someone who will change sides so easy. we can see it by his acts and his personality
Sep 12, 2016 3:45 AM
Dec 2011
Nice and flashy episode... but what bothers me is that they sacrificed four or five episodes that could've been plot progression just so they could build-up another one-turn egao victory for Yuya...

Hopefully the next couple of episodes don't have Yuya in them at all, and instead focus only on the main story elements (the reasons for the four dragons, dimensions, dimensional doppelgangers, and the bracelets) and other characters, their Decks, their personalities and their histories.

Like who was Yuri when he was a kid, was he always a psycho, did he know Selena before but was brainwashed, how did he decide to join Academia, etc.

And for a fun and egao-filled drinking game, drink one shot of tequilla every time someone says "Antiiku Gia" during the next episode.
Sep 12, 2016 8:10 AM
Apr 2013
Arc-V is like the 1st ever Yugioh series to have so little mystical stuff going on.
Sep 12, 2016 9:09 AM

Jul 2016
Suprise Yuri, next episode looks interesting.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Sep 12, 2016 7:25 PM
Feb 2016
Meh, I'm just glad that next episode brings back Yuri. Hopefully there's no problem with the subs for THAT episode.
Sep 13, 2016 1:08 AM
Apr 2013
Did the series get so bad that the translators dumped this? It's Tuesday here...
Sep 13, 2016 4:38 AM

Oct 2014
Its kinda hard to make subs without the raw. The person who usually provides the raw has network problems and couldn't provide the raw this week. He said that he is attempting to fix the problem and the raw will most likely be available by the end of this week. Just be patient people.
Sep 13, 2016 7:08 AM

Dec 2012
saeryukgki said:

QFT.

The worst Villain group, the worst main protagonist and has the the guy most nothing to do rival.
Yu-Gi-Oh ARC-V is the worst YGO in history ever ,Zexal arguably still does better than this. No matter how hard Ono will redeem Arc-V with the returning serious plot, not any of them can hurt the amount magnitutdes of Arc-V stupidity has served for us so far.
At least Yuma never shove Kattobingu to every bad guys faces
Sep 13, 2016 10:03 AM

Sep 2011
saeryukgki said:
Yuya reacted in anger towards reiji when michio,teppei and other duelist got carded during the standard arc and his anger with reiji makes sense after all.but why did he forgive the BB that easily it doesn't makes sense for him to forgive BB that easily since BB carded tsuki and crow .he should have reacted in anger and go in berserk towards BB than he did with reiji.

Because Yuya has grown up and learned to control his anger. He's not the same ol' kiddy Yuya anymore who tried to completely force Egao on everyone (like Jack & the Synchro crowds at first) and knows how to use it better. He does believe that Egao changes world, but at the same time it's a way for him to keep his mental health in check. Remember also how distrustful Yuya was towards Reiji at the start of Synchro arc? He learned to trust him too.

Also
>arc-v is more of a kid show than zexal

Uhh... zexal is basically just 85% kid show things, Yuma being a LVL 100 dumbass and boring villain of the week episodes (with harem shenanigans and kotori fanservice stuck between everywhere). The rest 15% is the "serious" plot. Meanwhile Arc-V is filled with the writers trying to find new ways to torture and bully Yuya.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Sep 13, 2016 3:09 PM
Jul 2015
Rukaliini said:
saeryukgki said:
Yuya reacted in anger towards reiji when michio,teppei and other duelist got carded during the standard arc and his anger with reiji makes sense after all.but why did he forgive the BB that easily it doesn't makes sense for him to forgive BB that easily since BB carded tsuki and crow .he should have reacted in anger and go in berserk towards BB than he did with reiji.

Because Yuya has grown up and learned to control his anger. He's not the same ol' kiddy Yuya anymore who tried to completely force Egao on everyone (like Jack & the Synchro crowds at first) and knows how to use it better. He does believe that Egao changes world, but at the same time it's a way for him to keep his mental health in check. Remember also how distrustful Yuya was towards Reiji at the start of Synchro arc? He learned to trust him too.

Also
>arc-v is more of a kid show than zexal

Uhh... zexal is basically just 85% kid show things, Yuma being a LVL 100 dumbass and boring villain of the week episodes (with harem shenanigans and kotori fanservice stuck between everywhere). The rest 15% is the "serious" plot. Meanwhile Arc-V is filled with the writers trying to find new ways to torture and bully Yuya.

arc v is a shit and worst yugioh series in entire series even being worster than zexal.Yuyas egao is just nonesense and useless than yumas kattobingu.Yuya brainwashes every bad guys into egao at least yuma doesnt brainwashes the bad guys on kattobingu. arc v has a large amount of hated these days than zexal and now many people these days prefer zexal over arc v. yuya saying he wants to make people smile through duels doesn't make sense i mean many duelist smile when they duel and whats the reason for him to make his opponent smile more if they smile.i agree on what everything what Omnisword said arc v has the worst villian group and protagonist. Zexal did way better than arc v.

in zexal the first arc was a kid show and from the WDC finals,zexal 2 and last arc of zexal is not a kid show at all. arc v is really goofy and lighthearted than zexal to me. when yuzu got crashed by sergery during the FC she wasn't seen bleeding no any arc v characters are seen bleeding but if that happens to characters in gx,5ds and zexal they will be bleeding. Zexal had better villian groups than arc v the tron family,barian emprors like vector were really good villians and they are way better than academia.I agree about kotori for being useless but we had really good female characters like rio and dortie. in zexal we got some blood scene and the last arc is the darkest arc in yugioh history where we had somany characters dying yumas friends,four,kaito and the barians all are dying.arc v isn't that serious the only serious thing happened in arc v is xyz war,MCS arc where many characters got carded,yuzu getting crash,bersrk yusshun crapet bombing on dennis and sora and roger mind controlling yuya thats all.since the beginning of xyz,fusion arc we are getting nonsense egaos and academia people switching sides easily which doesn't make sense.arc v dont have that much good villian organization beside academia.academia is the worst villian organisation in yugioh series.the standard arc was good the synchro arc is just a useless fan-service and xyz arc is rushed.they are not good in revealing the plot.now we are getting the dragon boy episode.the show didn't revel where yuyas pendent came from and where did the Yuzus and her counterparts bracelts came from and their ablity.Zexal is way better than arc v
Sep 14, 2016 4:49 AM

Jul 2013
I find Yuya more "human" in early episodes. You know, when he was desperate or showing emotional side.
He is just an egao-brainwashing machine at this point. Even more so than Dr.parasite or whatever his name is.
Sep 15, 2016 10:02 AM
Jun 2011
BokuDayo said:
I find Yuya more "human" in early episodes. You know, when he was desperate or showing emotional side.
He is just an egao-brainwashing machine at this point. Even more so than Dr.parasite or whatever his name is.
well at least he not needed to egao yuri. yuri already smiling
Sep 16, 2016 12:23 AM
Apr 2013
Miya190Sep 16, 2016 12:30 AM
Sep 16, 2016 6:08 AM
Dec 2011
Frost190 said:

Wow thanks for uploading this, I never would have bothered to check the wiki or others sites.

So basically, my guess is that Yuya will go berserk again and create a new Xyz Pendulum Dragon. And this one is even better than the last.

Better Pendulum Scale and a better destruction effect that does not require destroying Level Sevens or lower. And what's best is that it can attack twice at anytime. The only downside I see is that it cannot destroy cards to place itself in the Pendulum Zone, meaning something else has to empty the Pendulum Zones first. Overall, this is a cool monster and it has a cool artwork, looking more like Pendulum Dragon than Dark Rebellion.

Also, like you said, its great that its not a Fusion, although I would've liked the idea of it being a Fusion Pendulum instead. Because that's the only Extra Deck Pendulum currently missing.
WithdrawnSep 16, 2016 6:12 AM
Sep 17, 2016 6:36 PM
Sep 2012
Okay I haven't the episode translated yet, so I will do my best with this review and try to guess what is going on, if and when this is translated, I might post a different review.

Looks like Ruri has regained her senses, or has she, it seems the mind control can turn it on and off will.

So we conclude the Yuya / BB duel, and it is pretty much what you expect, Yuya is about to lose, does his entertainment dueling with some inspiration words, and converts BB to his side. And people say Fairy Tail turn too villains good, Fairy Tail has got nothing on this show. Not only does he convert BB, he converts all the other students, but he doesn't convert Sanders, he is still a jerk, and I would have raged if they redeemed Sanders, the character has been built up to be human scum, so thankfully he stays on the bad side.

Now we end up with some set up, I don't what the mind control duelist is planning, but finally Yuri is here and is going to duel Yusho's group, and not looking good for Asuka.

I do feel Yuri there is more to him than meets the eye, maybe there is a control bug in him, maybe his memories has been messed with, all of the other counterparts are child hood friends, so no reason this should be different, so I do think Yuri and Serena were childhood friends and some memory altercation has been used, remember along ago Reji used some memory altercation device on his students, so Leo probably as the same tech. Though I am still holding up it is possible that Yuri is Gen Ichimaru, he is just pretending to be bad and it waiting and waiting for the perfect time to strike and save Serena.
Sep 23, 2016 2:25 AM

Feb 2013
Jack was great, too bad that he wasn't the one to win the duel.
Yuya's duel was lame as always.
Sep 24, 2016 10:31 PM

Jul 2016
oooh it's going to get more interesting
Mar 10, 2019 10:37 PM

Dec 2012
Shun falls.
Card him! Card him! Card him!
Crimson Dragon!
WTF! Another fortress?
4000 atk?
Jack survived.
Ladies and Gentlemen!
BB lost.
Reiji meets Yushou again.
Yuri appears.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 19, 4:52 PM

Sep 2017
This episode made me happy lol. Loved Yuyas shenanigans with those Splatoon paint ball fight. it was amazing.
idk why people hate it. i mean, if you were there you'd be entertained like jack and the spectators were. That's yuyas goal to make people smile and stuff with his shows.
Yuya doesn't have to be a super crazy OP duelist. that's not his goal.
too bad the instructor didn't get carded. he was annoying. get carded in honor.
BB didn't want to be part of the war, he was dragged into it by the instructor guy with abuse.

also
so many haters on arc-v and how yuya handles his duels, that sounds like a you problem. personally, arc v is better than zexal but zexal wasn't even bad.
so keep crying about arc v being the worse yugioh series while i read your crying comments. it's entertaining! .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

40 by vv1 »»
Oct 20, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 126 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2016

31 by vv1 »»
Oct 20, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 125 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2016

31 by vv1 »»
Oct 20, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 124 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

35 by vv1 »»
Oct 19, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 121 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

34 by vv1 »»
Oct 19, 4:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.