Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2016 7:39 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It was an average series despite being hilarious and enjoyable. I wish there was more meaning to it overall.

female Akira x Senbongi was the SHIT! I mean that in a good way. It's been a LONG time since I shipped a Shoujo manga main pair. I am SUPER glad that they didn't do the Toradora thing where the main two (Akira and Momoi) end up together after failing to get together with their original crushes.

All three mains were interesting. Shiina was super plain though. Wish she had more character to her.

The ending was kinda rushed and inconclusive. lol

Oh well. Might check out the spin off!

6/10
Dec 20, 2016 3:17 PM

Oct 2014
What an adventure... I think it started off a bit rough but it definitely got better later on.

Also Akira in Momoi's body was so cute!

I will give it an 8/10
Jan 10, 2018 8:03 PM

Dec 2011
I wish the ending had been handled differently. I love the couples, particularly Uehara with Senbongi. I really enjoyed seeing Uehara fall for him.

.....which is why it SURPRISED ME Senbongi did a 180 and COMPLETELY gave up on Uehara when he returned back into his original body?? I thought Senbongi liked him? It's as Uehara said, it would have been fine had anyone gone into Momoi's body? As long as she was fragile and nice and not her original violent self, just because she was beautiful? Same goes for Shiina. I thought for sure she would have learned that it's not the body that's important, but the personality. She was smart enough to figure it out on her own at the end, but then just LET them CONTINUE to LIE to her.

There was no meaning to this ending. If there was, I didn't see it. I don't believe Uehara wanted that body. I don't believe that half-hearted shpeal at the end. He was just desperate to not lose his friend and lover. And Momoi! She never changed! I hated her throughout the story. I saw a glimpse of hope somewhere in the middle, but nah. In the end, all these characters were just shallow and selfish.
Oct 21, 2021 4:11 PM
Jul 2020
CMYK said:
I wish the ending had been handled differently. I love the couples, particularly Uehara with Senbongi. I really enjoyed seeing Uehara fall for him.

.....which is why it SURPRISED ME Senbongi did a 180 and COMPLETELY gave up on Uehara when he returned back into his original body?? I thought Senbongi liked him? It's as Uehara said, it would have been fine had anyone gone into Momoi's body? As long as she was fragile and nice and not her original violent self, just because she was beautiful? Same goes for Shiina. I thought for sure she would have learned that it's not the body that's important, but the personality. She was smart enough to figure it out on her own at the end, but then just LET them CONTINUE to LIE to her.

There was no meaning to this ending. If there was, I didn't see it. I don't believe Uehara wanted that body. I don't believe that half-hearted shpeal at the end. He was just desperate to not lose his friend and lover. And Momoi! She never changed! I hated her throughout the story. I saw a glimpse of hope somewhere in the middle, but nah. In the end, all these characters were just shallow and selfish.

Allllllll of this. Senbongi is honestly a hypocrite because in the first or second volume after he found out about the switch, he literally told Akira it doesn’t change how he feels for him. On top of that, he even expressed that IT WOULD NOT MATTER IF AKIRA WENT BACK INTO HIS ORIGINAL BODY HE WOULD STILL LOVE HIM. Senbongi is a rapist shit anyway >_>

Everyone sucked. I felt bad for Akira who I don’t think was able to process if he truly wanted to be a woman or was just gay. Akira and Momoi were forced into the switch to begin with but even so he was strung along through all the bullshit and his sexuality and identity was not as explored as we thought it would be. This manga had potential for greater things but it was truly dated for its time. The stereotypes and awkward tropes would not fly by easily in today’s world. I can’t imagine if this manga came out in 2021. It would be canceled so fast.
azenobioMay 6, 2022 3:30 PM

More topics from this board

» This series deserves an anime~

mizrock - Jul 16, 2008

3 by azenobio »»
Oct 21, 2021 5:21 PM

» General Discussion

BlasianAngel - Mar 19, 2010

5 by azenobio »»
Oct 20, 2021 6:31 PM

Poll: » Boku to Kanojo no XXX Chapter 28 Discussion

QuadFlatPack - Dec 18, 2016

1 by azenobio »»
Oct 19, 2021 11:15 AM

Poll: » Boku to Kanojo no XXX Chapter 29 Discussion

azenobio - Oct 19, 2021

0 by azenobio »»
Oct 19, 2021 5:12 AM

Poll: » Boku to Kanojo no XXX Chapter 39 Discussion

QuadFlatPack - Dec 19, 2016

0 by QuadFlatPack »»
Dec 19, 2016 3:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.