Forum Settings
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2015 11:59 AM

Apr 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that second part had so much tension! I'm going back on my words about that title not being good.
That was actually very enjoyable. Using 2 volumes for one arc really help building the characters and caring for them, which was one of my heaviest problem with the first volume which was a stand alone, and on top of this, that tension!
And the characters were nice too. Pfle in particular was amazing. Shadowgale was very nice too, and so are a few others like Deetick Bell (sp?).
That ending. Both on the "players" and on the "master" side too.
Wow.

I think the next volume is a compilation of short stories about various (already dead?) characters so the next part should be volume 5 I guess? I hope it's as good as this one really. That was DAMN enjoyable.
ZefyrisDec 11, 2015 12:46 PM
Dec 12, 2016 11:45 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, such a improvement over the first arc!
Not like it was flawless but that whodunnit, incredible tension, new abilities... not to mention the way it built up on the previous arc, produced a good story.
The characters also felt generally more interesting/likeable (and Pfle is awesome), I even felt bad for the traitor...
Feb 14, 2017 2:20 PM

Jun 2015
What a great arc and I enjoyed the arc even more than the first arc.
Detick Bell,Pechika,Leonetta,Lapis Lazuline,Pfle and Shadow Gale were my Favorite Characters.
Nov 24, 2018 1:34 AM

Dec 2011
The thing that confuses me is, if you're ostensibly trying to test the girls for aptitude for being a magical girl, why have someone who can win if they kill everyone else, and then set the game so that it cannot end until either that one has succeeded or died?

For everything aside from that there had been, at least in theory, a way for everyone to make it through alive. But then suddenly at the end someone has to be killed? It's a fundamental flaw in the structure of the game, and it rather goes against Keek's insistance that she hadn't killed anyone if she had set the game to be unwinnable without at least one of them dying. Maybe there was a way to end the game with everyone still alive. Did anyone at any point say that the Evil King actually needed to be killed?

Then again, games that don't reward the traits they are designed to seek seem to be a recurring theme in this series. That isn't meant as an attack on the story, which was great, but rather as a criticism of the actions of characters within the game.

Before I started volume 2 I looked at the abilities and labelled Nokko and Melville as the two most dangerous based purely on their abilities (and Melville's visual similarity to a certain someone from the first volume was obvious). Strangely enough, though, I then largely forgot about this while reading the story. Nokko barely featured on my suspicions list until the point where she disappeared.

The character I most hoped would survive was of course Lazuline. Who wasn't even supposed to be there, and was clearly different in terms of attitude to the others even before her lack of connection to Cranberry emerged.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 24, 2018 1:52 AM

Apr 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
The thing that confuses me is, if you're ostensibly trying to test the girls for aptitude for being a magical girl, why have someone who can win if they kill everyone else, and then set the game so that it cannot end until either that one has succeeded or died?

For everything aside from that there had been, at least in theory, a way for everyone to make it through alive. But then suddenly at the end someone has to be killed? It's a fundamental flaw in the structure of the game, and it rather goes against Keek's insistance that she hadn't killed anyone if she had set the game to be unwinnable without at least one of them dying. Maybe there was a way to end the game with everyone still alive. Did anyone at any point say that the Evil King actually needed to be killed?

Then again, games that don't reward the traits they are designed to seek seem to be a recurring theme in this series. That isn't meant as an attack on the story, which was great, but rather as a criticism of the actions of characters within the game.

Before I started volume 2 I looked at the abilities and labelled Nokko and Melville as the two most dangerous based purely on their abilities (and Melville's visual similarity to a certain someone from the first volume was obvious). Strangely enough, though, I then largely forgot about this while reading the story. Nokko barely featured on my suspicions list until the point where she disappeared.

The character I most hoped would survive was of course Lazuline. Who wasn't even supposed to be there, and was clearly different in terms of attitude to the others even before her lack of connection to Cranberry emerged.

Well it clearly appears by the end of this volume that Keek's reasoning is completely twisted and flawed, and one reason for that is that her memory and though process is being artificially impaired. She doesn't realize that what she's doing doesn't make sense compared to what she pretends to stand for and definitely has nothing to do with justice.
This will be even more evident when you'll read in the short story volumes why Keek really chose Magical Daisy.
There's an abysmal gap between what Keek believes she's fighting for and what she's really doing. That character is full of blatant contradictions that are revealed to come from that mind alteration she received.

And yeah, it's too bad for Lazuline.
Feb 3, 2019 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
HOLY SHIT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
Hold up I need to go get some fresh air. I didn't see any of this coming. What the hell?

This was pretty good. The first part was kinda on the slow side and started out kinda lame, but it got better as it went on, and this volume was just beautiful. What a shame we'll never see an anime adaptation of this.

PS: Pfle is best girl
Sep 21, 2022 7:08 PM

Feb 2016
This arc has lame villains and plot twists. It also doesn't feel like it needs to be twice as long as the previous arc since everybody dies anyway. It is still fun to read, at least, and the girls have creative powers.
その目だれの目?
Mar 20, 6:02 AM
May 2018
That was great, I'm sure more insight on some characters will be revealed in the next side stories, but I think this was a good wrap up for the second saga.
I'm hoping after Snow White left some other authorities from the magic world came to at least imprison Keek, being left mentally scarred and whatnot seems fine, but I'm sure she's proven to be way too dangerous to be left alone.
At least my ship made it alive, Pfle and Shadow Gale just suffered enough and yes Lazuline didn't deserve all this, I wonder if the previous Lazuline is alive.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 10 Discussion (QUEENS)

Lairucrem - Aug 15, 2017

3 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 26, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 8 Discussion (Aces)

Zefyris - Oct 6, 2016

5 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 24, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 7 Discussion (Jokers)

Zefyris - Oct 4, 2016

3 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 23, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 6 Discussion (Limited 後)

Zefyris - Oct 25, 2015

5 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 21, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 4 Discussion ( Episodes )

Zefyris - Oct 8, 2015

1 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 20, 7:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.