Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Memoirs of Amorous Gentlemen (English Edition)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2015 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, another version of ME!ME!ME! and the making of evangelion:Another Impact.

It was interesting to say the least, especially that making of evangelion.

May 1, 2015 3:38 AM

Dec 2013
Remix of MEMEME was cool.
The song is still great and the footage is even trippier eyecandy than before, but of course it doesn't have the same impact as the original.

Making of Another impact was interesting and actually has an 'unmasked' Eva concept art for a split second there. Too bad there is no commentary by the production staff or anything.
May 1, 2015 4:33 AM

Jan 2009
this remix is pointless because the original is much better anyway
May 1, 2015 6:18 AM

Feb 2012
ME!ME!ME! 2 - Electric Boogaloo. While the visuals are impressing(that triangular tunnel...damn!), the remix is pretty weak and without the story element, the whole experience feels rather useless. This version is perfect as a screensaver, but as an anime, it's very little
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
May 1, 2015 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
Nucksen said:
ME!ME!ME! 2 - Electric Boogaloo. While the visuals are impressing(that triangular tunnel...damn!), the remix is pretty weak and without the story element, the whole experience feels rather useless. This version is perfect as a screensaver, but as an anime, it's very little

That tunnel is amazing ! It's a good PV of the song, but nothing else.
May 1, 2015 2:53 PM

Jun 2014
I lost interest in the shorts for a while but the last few weeks have been really great.

So the me!me!me! remix.
While there wasn't much storytelling involved, the visuals and song were pretty nice. I actually like this remix song version more than the original. I can probably listen to this on loop for days.

The making of the Evangelion cgi was interesting too. I was always curious about the process in making the short. But like Malfegor already said, it's just a shame we didn't get a commentary track.
May 2, 2015 2:29 AM

Dec 2012
Just seen the Making of The Evangelion. Interesting to see how the CGI is made.
May 2, 2015 10:48 AM

Apr 2014
This version of ME ME ME was visually still impressive but it didn't affect me as much as the original. I quite disliked the remix as well.
The making of Evangelion was nice but forgettable.

I hope to see more original shorts in the future.
May 2, 2015 11:05 AM

Mar 2013
Damn! what did i just watch?
feel like coming out of hypnosis :O
second part were cool
May 2, 2015 12:36 PM

Jun 2010
Filler?
May 2, 2015 8:33 PM

Feb 2013
I didn't not enjoy this version of ME!ME!ME! (still great music and nice visuals), but it had no impact, no story. Maybe if it was an all original continuation, but no...

Always interesting to see how things are made. I wouldn't have minded some commentary from the creators though.
May 3, 2015 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
Next week on Animator Expo: ME!ME!ME! feat. Pitbull & Jennifer Lopez

At least the Evangelion part was interesting like everyone said. However, I find funny that they made an episode about how an Animator Expo episode was made. It might be better if they had put this as an extra on their website. I hope they haven't run out of ideas
May 5, 2015 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
It was just a remix of the original. Probably why they released 2 different videos since it's not like there much to any new animations. A remix... on chronic. Lol.
May 8, 2015 9:01 AM

May 2014
It was very interesting to see how evangelion:Another Impact was made. The ME!ME!ME! remix was also great.
Oct 18, 2015 11:16 AM

May 2012
The first part sure was trippy again with a different version of ME!ME!ME!

And the making of "another impact" was also quite interesting as a modeler myself!
Oct 26, 2015 9:12 AM

Feb 2014
Original ME!ME!ME! was better
Nov 8, 2015 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
Didnt really like the remix of Me!Me!Me!
The making of "Another Impact" was really cool though, the amount of work that went into it is amazing :)
Dec 26, 2015 2:43 PM

Jun 2014
No seizure warning lol Japan gives no fucks about epileptics

Seemed like a filler set of episodes, not really any new content
Jan 19, 2016 10:21 AM

Nov 2015
Wow, those visuals in the Me!Me!Me! remix were incredible stimulating...I hope to see more stuff like this in the future, I felt like being on LSD or some shit..impressive!
Jan 29, 2016 4:05 AM

Jan 2011
Are my eyes deceiving me or did I see a split second shot of her getting fucked doggy style?

Well as far as making of videos go I guess it was okay, but I always kinda felt they take away a bit of the magic.
Mar 30, 2016 10:04 AM

Oct 2012
MEMEME Remix - stroboscopic amv hell with nothing new, it was extremely annoying piece.

Making of Another Impact - just boring (methods of 3D video, mocap or post-processing is something you have probably seen like 100x before in these days) and I expected at least some kind of commentary.
Apr 27, 2016 6:41 AM

Mar 2014
r-r-r-reeeemixxxxx!!
I actually liked this version better than the original.

Also, it was pretty cool to see the making-of video. Even though I had seen these techniques used before, it's nice to see how they've progressed, and to see their process here.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 7, 2016 5:34 AM

Feb 2013
The first ME!ME!ME was better, this one sucked.
The Eva one boring as hell.
Jul 31, 2016 12:59 AM

Jan 2010
Okay, here we go. The sequel music video to episode 5, and it's just as wild and psychedelic as ever. Seems almost like a rehash of that previous episode though, except with new animation for some of the parts, filters thrown over other parts, and inverted colors or modified character models elsewhere. But yeah, uh, hyper sexual, seizure inducing, etc.

And for the second part, the making of for episode 12, huh?

Well, uh. Um. Seeing the layers in this is...somehow more fascinating than the actual short. I suppose it's hard to acknowledge or even comprehend the complexity of even a single short unless you have a video like this displaying the different parts to the visual effects. The greatest tragedy to works like Another Impact is how dominant the visuals and movement are, so much that there's little time to really slow down and marvel at the work put into it without rewatching works multiple times. The set designs, the lighting, the debris, and good gracious the layers. I wish we had more of these type of breakdown videos.
Dec 31, 2016 2:31 AM

May 2016
20A was basically the trippiest MEMEME flashback I've ever seen. Add in the quick transition and flashy strobe lights to the tits and asses we know and love and we get a hypnotic brainwashing video I'd like ta utilize. Problem is that there's no story at all compared to the first :P

If 20A was a remix, then 20B was the behind-the-scenes footage. It didn't really show behind the scenes footage, more of a scene repeat kinda thing but I was surprised that the mech was CGI. Nice.

Mar 2, 2017 5:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
DOuble episode...first one about me!me!me! (if possible you watched in the episode three of this series), psychotropic anime music.... second was a great making of Eva!!!!!

G:6 - B:7 - U:7
Aug 27, 2017 8:19 PM

Dec 2012
OMG! More MEMEME! YES!!!!!!!!
Dat oppai! Dem nipples! Dat ass!
They're back! Dat oppai! Dat ass! Dat pantsu!
The clothes are off.
Dat ass!

That was good, but the original is better.

Interesting video on AI.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 30, 2019 2:40 AM

Sep 2013
Meh...original Me! Me! Me! was better...

...didn't think I'd enjoy the making of the Eva short, but it was pretty entertaining
Maelstrom184Apr 30, 2019 2:46 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 15, 2022 3:59 PM

Sep 2016
I can't empathize enough how extremely cool it was to randomly bump into this alternate take on me!me!me!. of which I had no idea even existed. It's like coming back to something nostalgic you thought you knew somewhat well to realize it's just.... all-sorts of fucked. I think the loss of 'clear narrative' is absolutely intentional and not the 'pointless rehashing' etc. that some people are calling this, because that very same reason is what elevates this alternate mix to something even more psychotic, almost even sinister. It's just purely frightening, pure hypnotic lunacy, and I love it for it. Like as if the original protagonist has lost literally all sense of reality and is now stuck in some sort of acid feedback loop.

I think that if this was released now in <present time> as some sort of anniversary project or such I feel like people would probably be more sympathetic toward this.
Feb 10, 4:39 PM

Dec 2022
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit did NOT expect a ME!ME!ME! sequal! or i guess more of a remix type thing. just as amazing as the original desu

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Oct 1, 2015

51 by AoButa16 »»
Oct 11, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 13 Discussion

StevenHu - Mar 12, 2015

30 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Mar 2, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 35 Discussion

Iconoclast - Oct 8, 2015

32 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 17, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 33 Discussion

dbaranyi - Sep 24, 2015

23 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 17, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 32 Discussion

Intereo - Sep 17, 2015

35 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 16, 7:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.