Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 23, 2015 7:40 PM

Jan 2010
Everything
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Mar 24, 2015 3:31 AM
Sep 2007
Kekkai Sensen is a Rie Matsumoto show. Will check out.
I've heard good things about Jewelpet, so may check that out.
The Shokugeki manga is fun, so might check that out.
Euphonium is KyoAni so maybe?
Ninja Slayer might be fun, but I'm not expecting much.
People have been talking about Punchline for some reason, is it a Noitamina show or something? I'll wait to hear what other people say about it.
Mar 24, 2015 6:43 AM

Jan 2009
>I've heard good things about Jewelpet

DEEEEEEEN though. but idk, this club has some pet experts
Mar 24, 2015 7:08 AM

Mar 2012
Definitely Jewelpet. Worried about weird shit with the pets turning into humans, but it sounds more fun than Lady! They did a good job with the designs. Jewelpet isn't exactly a very intense visual experience so maybe DEEN will be a good fit for them. Also the director storyboarded a lot of my favorite Aikatsu and Pretty Rhythm episodes and seems like a good fit for the series.

Pripara is always good.

Robot Girls Z+ because S1 was a ton of fun.

Kekkai Sensen just because Rie Matsumoto. The premise doesn't interest me much at all but she might make something neat out of it. maybe.

Euphonium because that one PV forever ago was fabulous and had good hair in it.

Haruhi thing because Haruhi thing.

Show by Rock because Sanrio. PV looks hella lame though :(

Pleiades, mahou shoujo

Ninja Slayer, Trigger

maybe lupin idk

teekyuu because i never learn
Mar 24, 2015 11:15 AM

Oct 2012
NotDolphy said:
teekyuu because its good
Mar 24, 2015 11:39 AM

Sep 2011
Pri Para (look up "fun" in the dictionary and you will see a picture of Pri Para)
Show By Rock (I hear ppl talking about it)
Jewelpet (I'll watch this alongside Happiness or Kira Deco)
Lupin III (maybe)
Yuki-chan because I like me some Haruhi
Kekkai Sensen (Rie Matsumoto)
Mar 24, 2015 11:40 AM

Jan 2010
Excelsior said:
People have been talking about Punchline for some reason, is it a Noitamina show or something? I'll wait to hear what other people say about it.

It has a lot of things going for it despite the key visuals we've seen so far - noitaminA timeslot, MAPPA animating, Kotaro Uchikoshi doing scripts, Tetsuya Komuro composing. Heck, it was originally written as a video game. Basically we really don't know anything about it except that it looks colorful and lewd and it has cool people making it.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Mar 27, 2015 2:34 AM

Oct 2013
Probably just Arise from before the season has started, though I don't have particularly high expectations for it. Other than that I'll probably pick up a show or two when the season starts and work on my backlog.
Apr 3, 2015 2:13 PM

Jan 2012
This discussion is now open.
Apr 11, 2015 8:47 PM
womp womp

Nov 2012
I'm watching

Baby Steps 2nd Season
Denpa Kyoushi (TV)
Hibike! Euphonium
Nisekoi:
Ore Monogatari!!
Punchline
Shokugeki no Souma
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku

My favourite of this season is most likely going to be Ore Monogatari!! I'm liking how Takeo isn't delusional and knows from past experience knows that Yamato is after Suna. As soon as Sunakawa finally shows some interest in a girl, that Takeo happens to fall in love with, actually might like Takeo and not Sunakawa. Although, that's completely up for interpretation.

And they set it up so that Takeo wants to act as wingman for Suna since he seems to finally take interest in a girl. They also have 24 planned episodes, so they have a lot more time to explore and expand on how the love develops, if it does. I've not read the manga, so, I don't know what's ahead.

As for reading manga, Shokugeki no Souma is going to be one of the first anime I'm watching that I've actually read the manga beforehand. So I'm pretty happy about this and actually experience what's it's like to see how people feel when they watch an anime that they already know what's going to happen and perhaps a different interpretation of the manga material.
Apr 16, 2015 3:47 PM

Apr 2014
I'm not hating anything I'm watching so far besides the dungeon one but that was to be expected lol

I like Hibike! and Arslan the most so far but still need to start GitS
Apr 18, 2015 4:27 AM
Sep 2007
Ore Monogatari is nice enough. I'm up to date with the manga and I know what's going to happen already, but it's a cute and fine and breezy show, if a bit slow. The entire first chapter hasn't even been fully adapted yet (it'll get wrapped up in episode 3, I guess). The falling steel beam was dumb. The protagonist is likable, his best friend is cool, and the girl is cute.

Euphonium is the best so far. Beautiful KyoAni background art, animation, blah. The director is good, as always. The protagonist is awesome, I was surprised by how much I liked her -- she's a really believable character and I loved seeing her dialogue with her friends from middle school and her family and the like.

Show by Rock is fun. Very silly and trashy and ridiculous and absolutely adorable and it's aware of all of this. The characters have some funny quirks and gags.

Kekkai Sensen is really good, Matsumoto is great, the animation is cool, etc.

Shokugeki was really dumb and trashy in a bad way and the food-orgasms felt unwarranted since the food itself doesn't even sound that stellar or innovative and they're pretty one-note sexual gags anyways.

Maybe I'll pick up Pleiades and I'll most likely eventually get around to Ninja Slayer now that I've heard the buzz surrounding them. It's a fine season; nothing really great so far imo but an ample amount of some pretty enjoyable stuff.
Apr 23, 2015 7:33 PM

Jul 2009
good
1 punch line
2 euphonium
3 gintama
4 ore monogatari

bad
triage x
urawa (but seriously guys saitama is dank)

everything else
why bother they are shitto
Jun 22, 2015 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
You can change the chart link to the MAL spring chart now, as MAL has its own internally now.
Jun 23, 2015 6:44 AM

Jan 2009
oh neat
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Manga: Onanie Master Kurosawa

lpf - Apr 3, 2015

3 by Kuiper »»
Aug 21, 2018 9:31 PM

» Topic: "Buzzwords" and popular words/phrases you'd rather not see in critical discourse

lpf - Dec 12, 2014

16 by LuckyKrystal »»
Jan 12, 2016 12:33 AM

» Topic: What really defines "pandering"?

mosaic_ - Apr 13, 2015

3 by removed-user »»
Jun 21, 2015 5:48 AM

Sticky: » Nominations

mosaic_ - May 8, 2015

1 by xm0123 »»
May 21, 2015 1:42 PM

» Nominations: Week 63 (04/13/15)

mosaic_ - Apr 13, 2015

1 by mosaic_ »»
May 8, 2015 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.