Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2009 11:25 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Rena has fallen into a coma. Did those 4 kids cause it?

And I don't know why Shugo should be embarrassed of an online hotsprings.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 6, 2010 11:00 AM

Sep 2009
Damn Script kiddies.
Always ruining games for the rest of us.
Dec 17, 2011 10:41 PM

Jan 2011
Hey, you kids, get off the internet, you don't deserve it.
So now Rena has fallen into a coma, OH YOU KIDS *twitches angrily*
Shugo got Pedobear'd, we got to see Grunty being adorable, and we got a little bit of fanservice, Not bad at all. But, I seriously think that Shugo's got some sort of incest type of relationship with Rena. He even seemed to be so thinking about her in his flashback. Kinda creepy if you ask me.
I still want a Grunty, and I still want to name it Puchi.
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
May 10, 2016 12:05 AM

Jul 2014
So this is where the SAO got his "You die in the game you die in real life" idea from. Mind blown. So .Hack Legend Of The Twilight foreshadowed SAO? Creepy man.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Dec 27, 2016 9:44 AM

Jan 2010
Oh. So The World has R18 content. Uh. Is this really a game that kids should be allowed to play? And no one is going to question the incest? I know that they haven't thus far, but it's still offputting.

Another thing that bothers me is the use of color in the real world. In .hack//Sign, the real world was desaturated and shown in near monochrome, contrasting with the colorful and lively game of The World. This is supposed to be a play on the connection between the two, where The World seems more alive than the real world, despite being fake and nothing but data. With the real world being just as colorful, there's little distinction between the two visually. That, in and of itself, can make for an interesting dialogue, but it take a lot of overreaching.

Also, I've been noticing this lately, but the show certainly cuts a lot of in-between animation and details. This is present in the beginning episodes where there would be a slash or magic attack followed by the target suddenly dropping in the next frame, leaving no indication of how the attack even made contact. However, I never really paid much midn to it, but goodness gracious everyone got dressed absurdly quickly.

Lastly, Balmung is supposed to be some famous character, right? I assume that he, along with a few of the other characters whom are familiar with Kite and BlackRose, played together in the .hack game series where the original Kite was the MC. So...how did those Cerulean Knights not know Balmung, who was established in the first episode as being well-known? Furthermore, isn't he supposed to be a system administrator? Doesn't he outrank those Cerulean Knights in terms of authority?

More topics from this board

Poll: » .hack//Legend of the Twilight Episode 12 Discussion

blackfeather_58 - Aug 28, 2008

20 by Forum »»
Jun 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » .hack//Legend of the Twilight Episode 11 Discussion

Kucai82 - Apr 30, 2009

7 by Forum »»
Jun 21, 1:48 PM

Poll: » .hack//Legend of the Twilight Episode 8 Discussion

Kucai82 - Apr 30, 2009

11 by Forum »»
Jun 21, 12:55 PM

Poll: » .hack//Legend of the Twilight Episode 7 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 30, 2008

10 by Forum »»
Jun 21, 11:41 AM

Poll: » .hack//Legend of the Twilight Episode 2 Discussion

ASHGARY - Oct 11, 2008

13 by EmperorThor »»
Mar 6, 2023 11:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.