Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 10, 2008 5:16 PM
Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
You know I'm already feeling bad for the poor fox. Oh well, that was a nice episode and now I'm heading on the last one!
Feb 23, 2008 9:45 AM

Feb 2008
Loved this episode.
The scene where the eyeballs start moving around and then fall, really impressed me =S
Mar 31, 2008 1:16 AM

Feb 2008
LOL! This episode is just amazing. I love the story of that girl. And that girl is quite cute too! LOL! HAhahaha!
Apr 22, 2008 4:49 AM

Sep 2007
Another amazing episode!
The whole story of this one let me to happiness, when the girl recover the sight, to the sadness, when she foresee the death of her father.
Apr 30, 2008 1:46 PM

Oct 2007
i was hoping that ginko would somehow break the prediction/foresight she had made.
Jul 31, 2008 12:13 PM

Oct 2007
Whoo great episode. This is prolly one of my favorites.
Only one more ep to go D:

Aug 29, 2008 1:36 AM

Jan 2008
Kayro said:
Loved this episode.
The scene where the eyeballs start moving around and then fall, really impressed me =S
I was like "woah O_O"
Sep 1, 2008 1:43 PM

Jun 2008
That... was creepy. o_o"""

They sure do liek to change seasons a lot in this Anime... winter, summer, winter, summer.... pattern!! =O

Sig WILL change soon~
Oct 29, 2008 7:41 PM

Oct 2008
Hmm years must have passed in the whole Mushishistory...but Ginko didn't change, getting older or something like this lol...
To this episode...i think it's quite a happy ending...even she lost her eyelight again in the end. Thinking of being blind makes me a little sad...if i had the choice, i would pick another sense...but not the eyelight...it's just too precious... ._. (don't know what people would choose if they were blind from the beginning...maybe it's a litte bit less sad, because they even can't imagine what they miss hum...bah now i'm pensive .-.
ah yes the scene with the eyeballs was really kinda creepy oo"
Don't want to go on to the last episode ._.
Dec 29, 2008 12:18 PM

Jan 2008
I'm not a squeamish person regularly, but eyeballs can creep me out a bit. When they started moving around on their own and popped out I gave an involuntary shudder imagining what that would be like. =/

I also have a hard time with the question 'If you had to lose one sense, which would it be?'

I really wouldn't want to lose sight, it's such a major one in my opinion, but then I think about sound and it's complicated again. Thinking of all the beautiful music you could never hear again, people's voices, etc...it's a tough one.
Jan 4, 2009 6:31 PM

Jun 2008
Antarael said:
Hmm years must have passed in the whole Mushishistory...but Ginko didn't change, getting older or something like this lol...

I may be completely wrong, but there are many episodes where Ginko leaves then returns. He could be going back and forth from one place to another, with the episodes being intertwined together. It would take much less time than say 1 year per two episodes.

I think if I had to lose a sense, it'd have to be Taste. It'd be easier to go on a diet as well, though the necessity of eating would keep me from starving to death. Smell would be another possibility, though that's more deadly I think. (you don't often eat things that look poisonous, but you can certainly smell something bad on accident)
Jan 9, 2009 5:47 PM

Dec 2008
aero said:
Kayro said:
Loved this episode.
I was like "woah O_O"

That was pretty cool/weird!

I actually liked this story. I thought he was going to break the prophecy too. =O How unfortunate she had to see her father's death and know she was unable to change it =(
Jan 9, 2009 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
seita said:
Antarael said:

I may be completely wrong, but there are many episodes where Ginko leaves then returns. He could be going back and forth from one place to another, with the episodes being intertwined together. It would take much less time than say 1 year per two episodes.

Mhh well yeah...but the seasons did change too. (Although we don't know where he's wandering around....it's a difference to be at Okinawa or Hokkaido...lol)
Mar 20, 2009 1:49 PM

Sep 2008
one of the best ep of the show...hands down!
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jun 29, 2009 2:14 AM

Apr 2009
I thought it was an okay episode. Most of it was seen through the girl's past and not much actually happened with Ginko.

BTW, what kind of father leaves his blind daughter home alone? Even if he a Mushi-Shi, he could've taken her along.
Jul 1, 2009 1:37 AM

May 2008
kinda sad that ginko was hopeless :(

i wish the girl would forsee a second season xD
Jul 22, 2009 10:53 PM

Apr 2009
I knew it was coming, but I was still grossed out when her eyes fell out.

Jul 29, 2009 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
Osaka117 said:
Indeed that scene was nasty...
Oct 16, 2009 6:56 PM

Aug 2008
Oh reminded me of the first episode and the super big silver flood of the Underground River XD... Nice story... cute girl, sappy plot, Awesome ending. So the girl sees everything? even the end of her super eyes? BTW, she has a more powerful set of eyes than Superman O.o XDDD Foresight eyes.... Super eyes that let you see beyond valleys, hills and mountains up to the Sea... Man those were useful for sure... Too bad they have such horrible after effects.... The falling eyeballs scene was kewl... liked it how it looked... Oh and we had a different Soundtrack all thanks to the chicks lute! YAY! I love the sound of those things

Which sense would I lose if I had to? Well I guess I'd be Taste... Touch is pretty much impposible to lose, Sight is a need and you need to smell to save yourself... and hearing... well that's a need too.... Oh noeees jut one chappie to go!! I dun wanna this to end!!! :(

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2009 7:39 PM
Oct 2009
good episode 1 more to go
Dec 25, 2009 4:46 PM

Feb 2009
katsup said:
i was hoping that ginko would somehow break the prediction/foresight she had made.

As was I, thought he was going to right up to the point where he burried the eyes.

This episode raised some interesting thoughts for me, such as if one were blind from birth, what would they imagine the world as? Having never seen colours, grass or the sky how would they picture it in their mind...
Dec 30, 2009 5:06 PM

Mar 2009
Amazing story, one of my favorite.
May 30, 2010 12:02 PM

Jan 2010
zippy said:
You know I'm already feeling bad for the poor fox.

this

anyway...it was a great episode :),but mushishi is awesome,so i was expecting it :p

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 30, 2010 12:06 PM

Jan 2010
great episode ^^
poor fox heh :-s

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 19, 2010 10:28 AM

Aug 2009
Noooo only one more left... This show needs another season =,3
Oct 25, 2010 12:26 PM
Jun 2008
MiraiLink said:
BTW, what kind of father leaves his blind daughter home alone? Even if he a Mushi-Shi, he could've taken her along.

That's exactly what I thought!!

The wiggly eyes was some freaky s***. I'm not so squeamish about eyes, but that was really grosse D8
Jan 5, 2011 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
This story was great and I loved the ED ("Ganpuku Me Wazawai" by Masuda Toshio)!
Mar 21, 2011 12:07 AM

May 2010
Another epic WIN episode.

Just makes me think how does it feel like to be blind from the start.

Loved Ginko and Amane's conversation about which sense would they choose to lose. It was just thought provoking.

And what's make this episode great is when her eyes started to move on its own and fell out in an instant!! I totally loved it. lol

Last episode to go. Can't believe there's no season 2 of this. :(
May 3, 2011 4:10 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode. What a horrible choice to make between being blind and seeing too much ;o
May 18, 2011 2:06 AM

Dec 2009
Kayro said:

I think that it's creepy though.

Jun 25, 2011 7:52 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode; pretty hard choice, having to live in the pitch black darkness merely remembering light, or keep living with this curse that makes you foresee everything, know it all, but being unable to change anything. I believe here applies the reflexion of “Which is better: being wise and sad, or ignorant and happy?”

I wouldn’t want to lose my sight. I think it would be less detrimental losing Taste or Touch, in any case.

Just one more episode and Mushishi will be over. Why? It’s too exceptional to end!
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Sep 30, 2011 2:07 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty cool episode, and the eyeball scene was neat. One episode to go!

If I had to pick a sense to lose, I'd pick taste. It's the least important of the five, or six if you're paranormal.
Dec 1, 2011 10:18 AM

Aug 2011
Good episode. One tiny flaw though. If people are blind from birth and they receive sight later in life (for example through surgery) they can see but they have a hard time with the differentiation of objects, depth and recognition. For example an object looks different when seen from far away and this might be a shock for people that never experienced such a thing. The same goes for people that have never seen the sea untill an older age. They see the sea as a wall, because they can't recognize the perspective and don't see it as further away but instead as going up.

But then again this is all fiction so who cares xD.

Btw I thought the girl wanted to bury those eyes so no person would have the burden of seeing everything like her, but if she knew another creature would find the eyes, why would she even bother with burying them?
Jan 2, 2012 8:03 AM

Mar 2011
This episode might be the only one I didn't like in the whole series.

To me it seemed like Ginko accepted the fact that there's such thing as fate. That things are pre-determined and nothing can be done to change. I personally deeply reject and despise this, even as just an idea. It was the only episode that he was just a passive observer instead of an active mushishi and I didn't like that.

Of course this doesn't mean I didn't like it. Just that i found it a bit worse than the rest 25 episodes : )
Jan 2, 2012 9:43 PM

Sep 2008
Mithzor said:

To me it seemed like Ginko accepted the fact that there's such thing as fate. That things are pre-determined and nothing can be done to change. I personally deeply reject and despise this, even as just an idea. It was the only episode that he was just a passive observer instead of an active mushishi and I didn't like that.

: )

That would be completely against the philosophy of the show as I see it. I think the main point is to accept what has happened and the things you cant change, and to move on. The show reiterates this point throughout the 26 episodes.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Mar 18, 2012 4:35 AM

Sep 2008
Antarael said:

I think that the episodes aren't necessarily in chronological order, but that the episodes jump around... So maybe this episode could have happened after one of the earlier episodes? Well I have no idea how it really is, but that's how I like to think of it - to explain why Ginko doesn't seem to be aging...

Good episode, of course, but I also found it creepy when the eyes fell out. I wish I could say I consider it a happy ending, but seriously - losing your eyesight? That would be one of the worst things in the world to me.
Apr 14, 2012 11:48 AM

Jul 2011
I was like, "okay... weird," when the eyes balls were moving on their own, then my heart skipped a beat when it jumped from her eyes. O_O

Gave me the shivers, man...

Atleast she knows what it's like to see now.

Poor fox. :(
May 20, 2012 10:26 PM

May 2010
What father leaves a little girl in the house without adult supervision and goes out and hunt for mushi?

Can she see through clothes btw?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 25, 2012 6:20 PM

Aug 2010
I don't want to watch the last one, because I don't want it to end!

Another great episode. This is probably one of my favorite shows ever.
Aug 17, 2012 2:31 PM

Apr 2010
Man that was a great heartfelt episode

☯ĄŴĖŞŐΜĖ☯!
Sep 12, 2012 12:20 PM

Mar 2012
Alas86 said:
Osaka117 said:

Same here. I'm generally creeped out by anything involving eye screams.
Oct 27, 2012 10:26 AM

May 2012
Great episode with a very nice story! It's sad to know that the next episode is the last one!
Jan 24, 2013 6:29 PM

May 2011
That was not bad. The story was pretty interesting and I didn't lose my attention with it this time.
Feb 5, 2013 12:48 PM

Jan 2012
Poor girl. In the end she lost her eyes again. Not to mention it was damn creepy when the eyeballs dropped out.

Mar 12, 2013 8:39 AM

Sep 2012
The scene where the eyeballs fell out was really something... nevertheless, another amazing episode and only 1 more to go. I wish Mushishi had more episodes
May 18, 2013 7:26 AM
May 2013
I've read only as far as the first page but the eyes had me thinking of a child born from a Hyuuga and Uchiha. Byakugan can see from far distances and threw things, Sharingan can see into the future. IMO I believe that you can change your future once you actually know it.
May 21, 2013 10:11 PM

Jun 2008
At first she had a gift and then she had a curse, and at the end it looks like she might finally be able to find peace. This is a mushi that seems quite invincible, it can't be destroyed or disposed of it would appear. Solid episode, it all ends next unfortunately, I've loved this show.
May 31, 2013 2:46 PM

May 2013
Never knowing your loss is always better than losing something after having experienced how it is to live with it.
Beautiful episode once again, so sad it will end and knowing another season will never come. But not having another would only add it's meaning to this one.
Jul 17, 2013 3:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
TravSavage said:
Alas86 said:
Osaka117 said:

Same here. I'm generally creeped out by anything involving eye screams.

Definitely disturbing...seems like this anime has a lot of misfortune/fortune theme going back and forth, yin and yang, nothing too good, but nothing too bad, sometimes going back to the status quo.
Jul 25, 2013 9:02 AM
Jun 2013
I laughed when her eyes started to wiggle around. I dont know it looked more silly then scary. Also if she didint want this thing to hurt another why not as ginko to keep them locked up and not bury them.Good episode even though it was sad I wasint sadden by it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Cruchyroll no longer has season 1 - where can we stream it instead?

Xinners - Sep 25

7 by CaptainSekiro »»
Sep 27, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

289 by menacce »»
Sep 23, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

95 by menacce »»
Sep 23, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

178 by menacce »»
Sep 22, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zippy - Feb 9, 2008

140 by menacce »»
Sep 22, 3:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.