Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2014 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I gotta admit, that was some impressive piloting from Noriaki there. Damn...

I noticed that Nina/Claire saw Karl in action in the air. That's quite some impressive power though. Can't believe this war is taking so many people's lives. Oh well, at least Karl and Ignacio made through that alive. Ignacio's skills in the air never ceases to amaze me.
Stark700Mar 17, 2014 7:11 AM
Mar 17, 2014 6:57 AM

Jul 2013
hehe, Kal-el used his geass on Claire in this ep.
ChikuwaChanMar 17, 2014 9:42 AM
Mar 17, 2014 7:41 AM

May 2013
Claire getting her wind powers back to help Kal-el and Ignacio.Glad to see that all four of them are alive and well.
Mar 17, 2014 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
Ignacio at the end, leaving Karl hanging. He's gonna be a hard egg til the end, huh...
Mar 17, 2014 8:11 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder if Kal actually even heard any of what Claire said at the top of that ship. In any case, I wonder what the sacrifice will be that Kal mentioned at the end of the episode.
Mar 17, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
It was good until Kal had to scream like a girl >__< Kind of ruined the mood.

Wow those knights sure are idiots. They have like 0 planes out in the battlefield except for the students and they'll still doubt if the students' info is accurate. No wonder those "barbarians" were owning them.

They better show us Fana next episode. Charles too ;_;
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 17, 2014 8:53 AM

Dec 2013
HenryLeonheart said:
Madara31 said:
I wonder if Kal actually even heard any of what Claire said at the top of that ship. In any case, I wonder what the sacrifice will be that Kal mentioned at the end of the episode.

I wonder the same :( Hope this series has a somewhat happy ending to it unlike Tsuioku imo.

Agreed. I get the feeling that Ignacio is going to take Claire away from Kal for some reason, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice, now would it?

Somehow I still feel that this could have been extended somewhat to develop the secondary characters back stories and relationships. The 11 episodes flew by so quickly that when each relationship developed it seemed like it was a prelude to a death flag....

Oh well, can't wait to see how they end it in the next episode. Hoping it will be happy, but not expecting too much given what's transpired in the 10 episodes prior.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 17, 2014 9:04 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep.
Benji and Nori were pretty BA with their recklessness XD
Good to see they're alive.

Kal going serious mode was nice to see. Ignacio got quite jealous of his skills there :0

As expected, Kal remembers his mothers last words of forgiveness. Glad he forgave Claire ^^ And how he told her to live after her confession was nice.

Nice wind control. If only we saw Fana :(...Hope at least nxt ep we get a glimpse of her and Charle.

Ignacio acting tsun as usual at the end was lol

Nxt ep seems to have ClairexKal romance moments ^^
Mar 17, 2014 9:07 AM

Jan 2011
Well, all in all - not bad, but nothing exeptional either. Makes me wanna play Sins of a Solar Empire. Too bad it dragged too much initially and now it will finish nowhere.
Mar 17, 2014 9:12 AM

Jul 2012
The emotional impact would be stronger if this show was longer and had more development for Claire. Just goes to show how much potential it had.
Mar 17, 2014 9:26 AM
Apr 2013
Igancio is still an unreasonable asshole I see, I just know he's going to do something in the final episode to piss me off even more. That character has single-handedly killed any replay value this series may have had for me.
Mar 17, 2014 9:55 AM

Sep 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
HenryLeonheart said:
Madara31 said:

I wonder the same :( Hope this series has a somewhat happy ending to it unlike Tsuioku imo.

Agreed. I get the feeling that Ignacio is going to take Claire away from Kal for some reason, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice, now would it?

Somehow I still feel that this could have been extended somewhat to develop the secondary characters back stories and relationships. The 11 episodes flew by so quickly that when each relationship developed it seemed like it was a prelude to a death flag....

Oh well, can't wait to see how they end it in the next episode. Hoping it will be happy, but not expecting too much given what's transpired in the 10 episodes prior.

a quite episode , i wonder what is going to happen next episode , i hope to be a great for an END of THe Anime
Mar 17, 2014 9:57 AM
Mar 2013
I'm calling it. Claire is going to die.

Nevertheless it was a great episode. I'm sad that Benji lost an arm, but atleast he's alive.
Mar 17, 2014 10:25 AM
Jan 2011
Senninn1 said:
I'm calling it. Claire is going to die.

Nevertheless it was a great episode. I'm sad that Benji lost an arm, but atleast he's alive.

I really hope not but I think you're right. Having a person of mass destruction around and being so overleveled makes her the ideal target...
Mar 17, 2014 11:17 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
:( anime went kinda meh for me.. dat Kal-el whining was annoying. Though it was nice once he went kinda all-focus mode he started piloting better... though I still hoped that Kal-el will have some sort of a power... Clare got her power back because of Kal-el ...yay -.- ..2 eps left so cant really hope for anything interesting.. 6/10 right now to series.. I hope last 2 eps will be good so I can raise score.
Mar 17, 2014 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
I was so happy to see Noriaki and the other guy alive in the end.
I wonder how it will end.
Mar 17, 2014 11:50 AM

Dec 2012
Glad to see Benji and Noriaki alive.
Seems like it's going to end huh? im gonna miss this show.
i Hope it doesn't end like the ending the movie had. Cause thay ending sucked.
Mar 17, 2014 12:12 PM

Apr 2012
really cheesy episode lol
don't think they will kill off Claire because she was rescued from the clutches of death already :3
Might be a bittersweet ending still though.

The characters in this show aren't very well developed so the emotional highs and lows don't have much of an impact on me ._.

Mar 17, 2014 12:15 PM
Mar 2013
well speaking for me this serie started ok nothing special...around half the serie is was interesting had a lot of potential and now this episode like the last one was a bit dissapoiting not because it was done in a wrong way but i find it hard to believe...still im keeping 8/10 hopeing the last episode somehow pleases me otherwise its a 7
Mar 17, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2012
Ignacio should be amazed at his own sharpshooting than Kal's piloting. Seriously taking down planes from such a distance when the plane is in motion / factoring in the wind gusts XD Aimbot hax......

talk about having a huge inferiority complex lol

Mar 17, 2014 12:33 PM

Jan 2009
5:45 benji so dumb throwing out all ammo off the plane

10:02 kal pathetically screaming "noripii" & "benji"

--------------------
1. Series fell flat when mitty's death was made so obvious & over dramatic.

2. Nina owned all.

3. This anime has its good & bad moments that it confuses me at times.

4/10
Mar 17, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
Was good to see Noriaki and Benji still alive
Claire's powers are back and destroys enemy planes so easily.
It ain't going to be a happy ending next episode..
Mar 17, 2014 1:36 PM
Feb 2009
hopefully next ep will end well
Mar 17, 2014 1:54 PM

Sep 2013
A cool fight this episode, but the whole Claire awaking bit was cheesy.

Ha Ignacio an ass till the end.

I'm glad Noriaki and Benji lived.

I wonder what the ending will be like?
Mar 17, 2014 1:57 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Feel bad for Claire being Nina Viento who really can't do much..

Benjamin and Noriaki's bravery and recklessness was notable.
Though Benji took major damage and their plane was destroyed, good to see they're still alive. :)

Kal's gets serious! Laughed at Ignacio getting a little jealous of Kal's skills. XD
Though, he was just as badass; shooting the enemies down. :)

Claire laments her wrong deeds to Kal & confesses her love..
Kal remembers his mother's words and forgives Claire! :)

Nina Viento shines once again! Loved her tornado attack! XD .
Impressive as it was both offensive and defensive. :)

High Consul Fana Levamme comes to aid. That badass Blue Seagull appears again! :)
Igancio's tsundere act was funny. XD
Bandereas took quite the damage too.. :O Though, he brought Noriaki and Benji back. :)

Next episode: "The End of the Sky"
VindstotMar 24, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 17, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2014
A bit cheesy but overall a good episode, as other has been mentioning, ignacio has some pretty mad shooting skills... The way kal-el screamed when watching noriaki and benjamin was over the top. I'm a little worried about the "we have still one sacrifice to come" part D:
Mar 17, 2014 2:50 PM
Jan 2013
So, Clair's powers are gone because she feel's guilt for the dead of Kal, she only regain it when she was forgiven.
Mar 17, 2014 3:24 PM

Dec 2013
This anime was probably among the few that I had really high hopes for this season. Even though it only got 12 episodes a good director can make a tight and well developed story. The reason I'm so conflicted about this show is because it started so well. The first half of the show did a great job introducing the characters and developing them and intriguing me 8/10. Then the next few episodes after that was a lot of filler that focused on one shot stories of side characters. the main plot wasn't really there 6/10. Then episode 10 came and it was awful. The art quality dropped tremendously and the entire episode was one drawn out and poorly choreographed fight 5/10. Just when I thought this anime could only get worse we get a great, yet still filled with cliche and deus ex wind powers, episode. If only the entire 12 episode run focused on the main plot between the main four characters this show could be something truly special
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 17, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2012
The action in this episode was amazing! No, Benji your hand, your hand.

WHAT! A sacrifice is needed next episode to live peacefully he says at the end of the episode. It better not be Kal-el or Nina.

Great episode!!!
Mar 17, 2014 6:11 PM

Mar 2012
I kind of expected a more emotional and dramatic ending, but I suppose this was good enough. Everything went along rather predictably: everyone more or less survived intact, Karl got over his long-held hatred from his past, and Claire finally regained her powers because she found value in life. The execution as always is pretty superb, but the art quality is noticeably bad even given the standards of this series (and that's really saying a lot). For whatever reason I guess this episode just didn't feel like it had as much impact as it should've been, though still quite enjoyable. Part of me wish this had 13 episodes. Maybe that would've made things better. Anyway, here's looking forward to a good finale to end this on a high note.
Mar 17, 2014 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
ChikuwaChan said:
hehe, Kal-el used his geass on Claire in this ep.

*ROFL!

those sky colours and clouds and those airplane scenes are love. i rly like the colours of this show!
Mar 17, 2014 6:25 PM

Mar 2011
A really good episode

Last two episode .. I'm really hoping for a good ending for Kal and Claire :c

Mar 17, 2014 6:45 PM

Aug 2012
First half of episode: Noriaki and Benji derp face slideshow

Rest wasn't much better. Budget ran out hard.
Mar 17, 2014 7:08 PM

Oct 2011
They are alive!!! Thank you !!! TwT

Goodbye Claire next week T___T
Mar 17, 2014 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see Benji and Noriaki were alive. I'm glad that Kal forgave Claire.
Mar 17, 2014 8:03 PM

Mar 2013
I'm really glad Kal and Ignacio made it safely, and so glad to see Benji and Noriaki alive. So Claire, finally did something useful. But I'm afraid about what's gonna happen with her in the last episode, I hope she doesn't end up dead. I wonder what Kal meant with the "sacrifice" thing he said at the end.
Mar 17, 2014 9:51 PM
Jul 2013
They survived.....I can't believe it.... Wow, intense battle and supreme recklessness(from Noriapi and Benji). For a second there, I thought they died but they mf survived, same goes for Kal-el, Ignacio, and Claire. Kal-el and Ignacio make a good battle combination with Kal-el's piloting and Ignacio's mad-shooting skills (Ignacio is more awesome). So Claire restored her wind powers through love and used tornadoes to blast those "barbaric planes" off and now Kal-el finally forgives her. But there's more sacrifices needed. Please no more
Mar 17, 2014 11:00 PM

Feb 2012
Too bad Benji lost his right hand, now he's gonna have to get used to using his left... for various things.
Maybe Ignacio will be the sacrifice, what else could leaving Isla mean?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2014 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
Sacrifice - DUNDUNDUUUUN!
The leader of the seagull-faction wants Ninas hand in marriage as a sign of goodwill.
HannoverFistMar 18, 2014 12:19 AM
Mar 18, 2014 12:17 AM

Apr 2012
HannoverFist said:
Sacrifice - DUNDUNDUUUUN!
The leader of the seagull-faction wants Ninas hand in marriage as a sign of goodwill.

wat are you talking about Fana Levamme? she's a chick. YURI? DO WANT

Mar 18, 2014 12:21 AM

Jul 2013
Zeally said:

Even better:
They dont accept the revolution (as they are the descendants of an old lost warship) and so Fana wants Karl. Also because of his leet flyingskills
Mar 18, 2014 12:41 AM

Dec 2013
Good to see Karl forgive Claire! Had high hopes for this series. It was alright but could've been so much better. It had so much potential. I hope to see a good ending at least.
Mar 18, 2014 1:52 AM

Jul 2013
kickmesign said:
Too bad Benji lost his right hand, now he's gonna have to get used to using his left... for various things.

But... but.... Sharon.....
Mar 18, 2014 6:06 AM

Jun 2012
Ahaha, damn I'm glad I decided to watch Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku last week... otherwise that ending wouldn't have meant very much to me. Honestly I didn't like that Claire got her powers back like that... it was a boring way for them to survive. I would've rathered if Levamme saved them or something. But just "High Consul Fana Levamme" really made me happy.

I'm curious though if that really is Charles... because even I saw some comments that it's the Santa Cruz in previous episodes, looking at it now it's clearly a completely different plane. Also because of the way the movie ended. But, I'm sure it has to be him, if only because of him using his technique from the movie in episode 8.

It's kinda late (okay extremely late) to be bringing them in, at least for it to really hold much meaning, though. But I wonder if Kal-el saying "or so we thought" is confirmation of a second season, because I don't see much of a plot twist coming in the final episode.

HannoverFist said:
Zeally said:

Even better:
They dont accept the revolution (as they are the descendants of an old lost warship) and so Fana wants Karl. Also because of his leet flyingskills
Lol, clearly you didn't watch Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku, because
Mar 18, 2014 6:15 AM

Oct 2013
...I wanted to see Fana! Good think Levamme empire's allies were just in time but they still lost some pilots.

Thank fucking god Noriappi and Benji survives. It would suck bad if the side-characters died just for a crybaby Kal and Claire(I have nothing against Claire though).

Still hoping for Ari x Igna ending, give me that ending already PLEASE!

5/5 for the episode anyway.

HalibelTheEspada said:
I'm curious though if that really is Charles... because even I saw some comments that it's the Santa Cruz in previous episodes, looking at it now it's clearly a completely different plane. Also because of the way the movie ended. But, I'm sure it has to be him, if only because of him using his technique from the movie in episode 8.

But..but..
Mar 18, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2012
Ehhh I might be the bad guy but I hate this kinda of a plot and anime in the end... Fck you - killed his parrents, made him fall in love and now cry me a river?! In Kal-El's place I would drop all that country over the board so they can sink in the ocean and drop dead! Then be the king of that huge floating island, then take all over other nations! Yeah.... Actually no I would let that Claire and Ignacio live so they can see how I concur everything so they can suffer in pain and only then drop them off to sink in ocean!!! Ofcourse I would also give this character Kal-El some badass superpowers like Goku or something :D then Clare with her wind could suck ass!! Fck yeah!
Damn... I wish there would be an anime like this one, where main character gets hes revenge and still being happy about it and in the end he owns everything ofc he doesn't die!
Mar 18, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2010
I'm happy to see Benji and Norippi alive, thanks to sensei.
There are not a lot of development in this series therefore it's like a bit rushed to me but romance-bittersweetness cover all the other parts, I guess. I'll wait for the final episode then decide which score fits this.
Everything was OK except Kal's scream like a girl.
Mar 18, 2014 11:25 AM

Dec 2008
Whew! I thought Benji and Noripi were goners. I guess we won't ever get to see the face of the enemies.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 18, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2012
Another show with wasted potential. Now I see why they aired it during the Winter season.

Piece of garbage.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.