Forum Settings
Forums

GREAT DEBATE: Which set of twins do you prefer? Kyou/ Ryou Fujibayashi or Kagami/Tsukasa Hiiragi?

New
Which set of twins do you prefer? Kyou/ Ryou Fujibayashi or Kagami/Tsukasa Hiiragi?
Jul 24, 2009 1:27 PM

Sep 2007
Clannad

vs.

Lucky ☆ Star

Kyou (Clannad)

Kyou is a bad-mouthed and aggressive girl well known as a good cook. She was in Tomoya's class in their second year, and has maintained a steady friendship with Tomoya even though they are put in different classes on their third year. She is currently the class representative of her class.

Ryou (Clannad)

Ryou is Tomoya's classmate and class representative. She is the younger of the Fujibayashi twins. Unlike her older sister, she is timid and doesn’t cook well. Ryou is very keen about fortune telling, but her predictions, while incredibly specific, always manage to be either somewhat skewed or extremely wrong. She aspires to become a nurse.

Kagami (Lucky ☆ Star)

Kagami is the older fraternal twin sister of Tsukasa. In school, her grades are excellent and she studies very hard. She was even the class president of her class in her first year. Kagami, seldom referred to as "Kagamin", is a bit egotistic, but is somewhat weak in cooking.Kagami is the stereotypical "tsukkomi" character, however, she is prone to become shy at times, hence being a tsundere character as well.

Tsukasa (Lucky ☆ Star)

Tsukasa is the younger fraternal twin sister of Kagami and lives in a six-member family household with her parents. She is in the same class as Konata though isn't good at studying or at sports, but excels in cooking. She is portrayed as a stereotypical klutz and as a "healing-type" character. She spends a lot of time sleeping.

Courtesy of Metal_Ganado.

DEBATE!
madskizzlesJul 24, 2009 1:56 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 24, 2009 1:54 PM

Sep 2007
Sure. KyoAni did a better job on drawing the Fujibayashi twins than the Hiiragi twins, but Kagami and Tsukasa have more of an impact on Lucky Star than Kyou and Ryou did on Clannad.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Fujibayashi twins...it's just that I love the Hiiragi twins more. =)

Kagami was essentially the main character in Lucky Star (along with Konata) but Kyou in my eyes was essentially a secondary character in Clannad. The series could have gone on without Kyou (but would have been worse) but without Kagami, Lucky Star would be a very weak anime as Konata doesn't really have anyone to play off of.

Now onto Tsukasa vs. Ryou. Neither was technically a "main" character, but Tsukasa got more time to show her personality than Ryou did (personally I thought Ryou got the least amount of time out of all the girls in Clannad with a love interest in Tomoya).

Maybe this wasn't the Fujibayashi Twins' fault. But The Hiiragi twins played a bigger factor in keeping me interested in Lucky Star then the Fujibayashi twins did for Clannad.
Jul 24, 2009 10:04 PM
Nov 2008
I prefer The Hiiragi Twins from Lucky Star than the Fujibayashi Twins from Clannad
Jul 24, 2009 10:14 PM

Sep 2008
man maybe if tsukasa wasn't so ..... tsukasa, maybe the hiiragi twins can win
Jul 24, 2009 10:14 PM

Sep 2007
i went with the fujibayashi twins :P just cause im a bigger fan of clannad than lucky star...and Kyou just has so much personality in clannad that when i see her pic i just cant help but smile :)

o and i'm pretty big on art as a personal preference....so i have to go with the fujibayashi twin haha
madskizzlesJul 24, 2009 10:18 PM
Jul 24, 2009 10:45 PM

Mar 2009
Until now i didn't watch Lucky Star so i think i'll choose Ryou & Kyou < 33

Jul 24, 2009 10:59 PM

Oct 2007
aznHoopsfan said:
Sure. KyoAni did a better job on drawing the Fujibayashi twins than the Hiiragi twins, but Kagami and Tsukasa have more of an impact on Lucky Star than Kyou and Ryou did on Clannad.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Fujibayashi twins...it's just that I love the Hiiragi twins more. =)

Kagami was essentially the main character in Lucky Star (along with Konata) but Kyou in my eyes was essentially a secondary character in Clannad. The series could have gone on without Kyou (but would have been worse) but without Kagami, Lucky Star would be a very weak anime as Konata doesn't really have anyone to play off of.

Now onto Tsukasa vs. Ryou. Neither was technically a "main" character, but Tsukasa got more time to show her personality than Ryou did (personally I thought Ryou got the least amount of time out of all the girls in Clannad with a love interest in Tomoya).

Maybe this wasn't the Fujibayashi Twins' fault. But The Hiiragi twins played a bigger factor in keeping me interested in Lucky Star then the Fujibayashi twins did for Clannad.

Well Said...I like both sets of twins too but i also believe that the hiiragi twins had more impact and were more important in a sense to their show.
I would have preferred to see more of the Fujibayashi Twins in Clannad!
Jul 24, 2009 11:19 PM

May 2009
madskizzles said:
i went with the fujibayashi twins :P just cause im a bigger fan of clannad than lucky star...and Kyou just has so much personality in clannad that when i see her pic i just cant help but smile :)

o and i'm pretty big on art as a personal preference....so i have to go with the fujibayashi twin haha

same here .... kyou made anime refreshing XD
Jul 25, 2009 1:59 AM

Jan 2009
sspatel_55 said:
aznHoopsfan said:

Well Said...I like both sets of twins too but i also believe that the hiiragi twins had more impact and were more important in a sense to their show.
I would have preferred to see more of the Fujibayashi Twins in Clannad!

True, True.. But as for me, at least having played the game too, I couldn't possibly watch Clannad without Kyou&Ryou, whereas Lucky Star was a long time ago since I watched, so I'll go with the Fujibayashi twins : )

And about Ryou vs. Tsukasa, ... I kind of think none of them really mattered much, since I don't really feel they added anything to their respective anime, except for the spot of "additional side-character", even though Tsukasa counts as a main character, which Ryou does not.

Now I kind of forgot about the important part of both pairs of twins : O
Kyou and Kagami.. Lucky Star without Kagami, that wouldn't really work now would it.. but Kyou is also playing a pretty big part in Clannad, but now I'm not really going to dwell on this, since it feels like I could begin spouting nonsense soon enough xD..

So to make things clear, again, Kyou & Ryou > Kagami & Tsukasa
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 25, 2009 5:57 AM

Apr 2008
The Fujibayashi Twins (Clannad)!^^
Sig deleted for being too large.
Jul 25, 2009 5:59 AM

Feb 2008
as much as I like kyou she got nothing on kagami-sama :)
Jul 25, 2009 7:14 AM

Mar 2009
i prefer Kagami (Lucky ☆ Star),,its more cool..

heehhe
^__^
Jul 25, 2009 7:40 AM

May 2009
I vote for Fujibayashi twins, because I don't like Tsukasa from Lucky Star

Made by Ani-san a.k.a. DarkSoul95
Jul 25, 2009 9:33 AM

Jan 2009
HellGirl said:
I vote for Fujibayashi twins, because I don't like Tsukasa from Lucky Star
in short, yeah that's my most shallow reasoning : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 25, 2009 12:20 PM

Feb 2008
wow thats a hard one....but i vote for Kagami and Tsukasa
Jul 25, 2009 5:02 PM

Apr 2008
I must say I prefer the Hiiragi twins, but only slightly over the Fujibayashi twins. They're both great; very similar when you get down to it.
Jul 25, 2009 5:37 PM

Jun 2007
kashee said:
madskizzles said:

same here .... kyou made anime refreshing XD

kyou = <3
not to mention the better tsundere in this match ;O
Jul 26, 2009 8:23 PM

Jan 2008
That was hard for me. But Kyou just makes it for me. I like both twins, of course I like both of the older ones but Kyou is just more....entertaining than Kagami.

Though I don't care Ryou as much as Tsukasa. She has the more dim witted attitude that I enjoy.
Jul 27, 2009 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
I'll have to go with the Fujibayshi twins.
Jul 29, 2009 3:01 AM

Nov 2008
The Fujibayashi Twins cuz they are more sexy. x3
Deiciding his life style by rolling the dice.
Jul 29, 2009 3:59 AM

Dec 2007
Very hard choice, but I gotta go with The Fujibayashi Twins.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Jul 29, 2009 2:38 PM
May 2008
the clannad sisters
Feb 7, 2010 9:38 PM

Feb 2009
The Fujibayashi Twins. I just do, they have a much nicer design and I prefer their personalities.

Feb 2009
The Fujibayashi Twins. I just do, they have a much nicer design and I prefer their personalities.

Feb 2009

Feb 2009
The Fujibayashi Twins. Better personalities and better character designs.
Feb 22, 2010 2:30 AM

Dec 2009
i worship the fujibayashi twins. sorry.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Who is the better strategist? Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Light Yagami ( 1 2 )

madskizzles - Jul 29, 2009

53 by -__Raven__- »»
May 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Which eye ability is better? Sharingan (Naruto) vs. Geass (Code Geass)? ( 1 2 )

aznHoopsfan - Aug 2, 2009

65 by A231 »»
Nov 18, 2019 12:34 AM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Is Kira/Light's view of the world correct or is killing of criminals wrong?

aznHoopsfan - Nov 28, 2009

45 by MATTY_22 »»
Jun 1, 2017 7:59 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Who's more psycho? Shion Sonozaki (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) vs. Lucy (Elfen Lied)?

aznHoopsfan - Sep 18, 2009

39 by toothless1504 »»
Jan 27, 2017 12:32 AM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Which is better? Girls with guns or guys with swords? ( 1 2 )

aznHoopsfan - Nov 6, 2009

59 by Menchrese »»
Oct 24, 2015 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.