Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]
May 28, 7:41 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to PrimeX
Everything's gotten messy hasn't it? Rose lost everything, Iris is mad at Shadow for some reason, Shadow Garden has just been labeled as a terrorist organization I think?, all while Cid is just living out his fantasy.

@PrimeX cid has not imagined anything, he is really isekaied
Jun 18, 11:34 AM
Mar 2022
This is the Best Anime I've ever seen in my entire life nothing else
Jun 18, 6:31 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to Azuchi
Wished Shadow would have said to Irish that she and Beatrix were the one who actually crushed the city during the fight instead of her blaming it on Shadow. He just defended himself Haha.
But what a marvelous ending on an already amazing series. Hope for a second season sooner than later.
@Azuchi he literally nuked the city of midgar for no reason. Why do Iris hater ignore this blatant fact.
Jun 19, 1:53 AM

Nov 2019
I wasn't expecting the fight to not be the turning point in the narrative. It was badass don't get me wrong but seeing how Rose dedicated herself to Shadow Garden because of Shadow's help, regretting her choice to fall in love and settle for Cid is crazy. That was pent up emotional build up that was executed well and it felt emotional despite knowing that Cid and Shadow are the same person she will never realize. (From how the ending of the episode goes it appears that way) What an intense series.

Jun 19, 6:02 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to ST63LTH
I wasn't expecting the fight to not be the turning point in the narrative. It was badass don't get me wrong but seeing how Rose dedicated herself to Shadow Garden because of Shadow's help, regretting her choice to fall in love and settle for Cid is crazy. That was pent up emotional build up that was executed well and it felt emotional despite knowing that Cid and Shadow are the same person she will never realize. (From how the ending of the episode goes it appears that way) What an intense series.

@ST63LTH it is good anime, if u cannot like ignore then, u cannot force others to drop it
Jun 19, 6:03 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to Sayan_Pal
@ST63LTH it is good anime, if u cannot like ignore then, u cannot force others to drop it
@Sayan_Pal mate what are you on about? Did you not read what I wrote, do you need me to spell it out for you?
Jun 24, 8:30 AM
Jan 2019
love ittttttttttt
Jun 25, 8:12 PM

Dec 2020
Cids power has to got be some sort of reality warping. Wanted magic so bad he died and got it. Made up a cult and opposing cult and it became true. Threw a random knife on a map and it ended up becoming the actual location. Gotta be some sorta unaware reality warping lol

At first I was like this kinda like overlord. He goes along doing whatever and all his lil minions praise him and think it was all according to plan. But I really think he's doing whatever he wants since he's just playing around and doesn't care too much about what's happening.

Overall show was good. When he was mundane or shadow his scenes and battles were awesome. When he's trying to be a background character it was funny at first but I kinda grew tired of that. The real op character has definitely gotta be his hood that never revealed him once lol
Jul 5, 3:35 AM
Apr 2024
Tüm şehiri I AM ATOMIC diyerek patlatsaydı çok iyi olurdu.
Şu gücünü küçümseyenlerde yok olurdu. Misss
Jul 20, 3:23 PM

Feb 2008
I feel kind of sorry for Sherry Barnett .
She get another mental breakdown unknowningly knowing target the wrong person and her true revenge were her step father that Shadow killed.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 29, 3:45 PM
Jan 2022
shadow is the peak
Aug 1, 4:07 PM
May 2024
epic anime ........
Sep 4, 4:58 PM
Oct 2022
Edge lord antics but exactly what you would want from a show like this.
Sep 4, 7:06 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to BlaiseAuto
Edge lord antics but exactly what you would want from a show like this.
@BlaiseAuto this is good anime, if u donot like ignore then
Sep 4, 7:22 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Sayan_Pal
@Sayan_Pal I literally gave it 5 stars lol
Sep 4, 7:22 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Sayan_Pal
@Sayan_Pal I literally gave it 5 stars lol
Oct 1, 9:56 AM
Dec 2022
Its was very good, loved the ending
Oct 9, 1:37 PM
Jul 2019
Peaked atomically in the last episode ngl
10/10 episode
Hopefully the second season is at least the same if not even better
Oct 10, 12:57 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
What a fantastic way to end the Bunshin Festival and to end the season altogether! This is one incredible season finale!

We got an almost episode-long fight around the city between Iris and Beatrix vs Shadow, true to her fame, Beatrix was consistently calm and composed, dishing out her attacks against Shadow who is both unfazed yet exhilarated to act out his portrayal of the epitome of might. On the other hand, poor poor Iris was screaming all over the place, had to rely on an artifact to keep up and did not manage to land even a single blemish on Shadow at all. What a pathetic brat, and a sore loser at that. She could not come to accept her inferiority when facing an entity that she hopelessly believes to be incapable of such incomprehensible level of power. That gnawing self-pity that she so desperately tried to reject is the reason she acts like such a brat trying to even go as far as to sacrifice herself just so Beatrix could land a blow on Shadow...

Nevertheless, all is meaningless in the face of supremely ultimate, almighty and unparalleled attack!!! All of which was just a ruse to imprint the doom and destruction Shadow is capable of on the naive young mind of Iris. He who holds supremacy holds within his palms the option to wipe out Midgar out of existence, the entire capital is at the mercy of Shadow.
Unlike Alexia who has faced inferiority for all of her life and has begun to stop pitying herself, however for Iris, this is truly the first time she has faced such an utterly insurmountable obstacle in her life, she must've felt the despair of the century to be in a position with such high expectation yet be so completely inferior to Shadow. Cry and be frustrated you feeble lady, reflect and respect the power of the unknown.

The conscription of Rose Oriana into the folds of Shadow Garden is a nice way to transition from this season's finale to the 2nd season, we'll definitely see more of Shadow Garden's HQ; Alexandria along with Mitsugoshi Company's development on this isekai world and Perv Asshat's meddling in the next season, and as a farewell, Shadow himself is playing the Moonlight Sonata. A beautiful end to the season.

At times this show, Eminence in Shadow, was just downright bad. I don't like how Cid is so detached from reality and how he is so consumed by his chuunibyou fantasy to play himself as a side/character whilst his persona of Shadow serves no greater purpose other than roleplay satisfaction. I don't like the fact that we know very little of the 7 Shadows even though they're basically in every episode and I most definitely hate how Cid does not even have a total clue of Shadow Garden's expanse itself and that the Diablos Cult is in fact, real. All this might just be for a comedic factor but it took out the sense of seriousness from the story as a whole. I'd also much prefer that Shadow being the supreme ruler that he is, not only show his power but also his authority by actively communicating and commanding the Shadow Garden as opposed to leaving it all to Alpha.
Still, this ending was excellently executed so... It's time to move on...
Oct 10, 4:57 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to ShadowkillZ
What a fantastic way to end the Bunshin Festival and to end the season altogether! This is one incredible season finale!

We got an almost episode-long fight around the city between Iris and Beatrix vs Shadow, true to her fame, Beatrix was consistently calm and composed, dishing out her attacks against Shadow who is both unfazed yet exhilarated to act out his portrayal of the epitome of might. On the other hand, poor poor Iris was screaming all over the place, had to rely on an artifact to keep up and did not manage to land even a single blemish on Shadow at all. What a pathetic brat, and a sore loser at that. She could not come to accept her inferiority when facing an entity that she hopelessly believes to be incapable of such incomprehensible level of power. That gnawing self-pity that she so desperately tried to reject is the reason she acts like such a brat trying to even go as far as to sacrifice herself just so Beatrix could land a blow on Shadow...

Nevertheless, all is meaningless in the face of supremely ultimate, almighty and unparalleled attack!!! All of which was just a ruse to imprint the doom and destruction Shadow is capable of on the naive young mind of Iris. He who holds supremacy holds within his palms the option to wipe out Midgar out of existence, the entire capital is at the mercy of Shadow.
Unlike Alexia who has faced inferiority for all of her life and has begun to stop pitying herself, however for Iris, this is truly the first time she has faced such an utterly insurmountable obstacle in her life, she must've felt the despair of the century to be in a position with such high expectation yet be so completely inferior to Shadow. Cry and be frustrated you feeble lady, reflect and respect the power of the unknown.

The conscription of Rose Oriana into the folds of Shadow Garden is a nice way to transition from this season's finale to the 2nd season, we'll definitely see more of Shadow Garden's HQ; Alexandria along with Mitsugoshi Company's development on this isekai world and Perv Asshat's meddling in the next season, and as a farewell, Shadow himself is playing the Moonlight Sonata. A beautiful end to the season.

At times this show, Eminence in Shadow, was just downright bad. I don't like how Cid is so detached from reality and how he is so consumed by his chuunibyou fantasy to play himself as a side/character whilst his persona of Shadow serves no greater purpose other than roleplay satisfaction. I don't like the fact that we know very little of the 7 Shadows even though they're basically in every episode and I most definitely hate how Cid does not even have a total clue of Shadow Garden's expanse itself and that the Diablos Cult is in fact, real. All this might just be for a comedic factor but it took out the sense of seriousness from the story as a whole. I'd also much prefer that Shadow being the supreme ruler that he is, not only show his power but also his authority by actively communicating and commanding the Shadow Garden as opposed to leaving it all to Alpha.
Still, this ending was excellently executed so... It's time to move on...
@ShadowkillZ it deserve 8 rating
Oct 11, 5:12 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
Reply to Sayan_Pal
@ShadowkillZ it deserve 8 rating
@Sayan_Pal

Suuuuuure Mr. Dickrider :D Go ahead and give it an 8 🤭I'm waiting
Oct 11, 7:46 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to ShadowkillZ
@Sayan_Pal

Suuuuuure Mr. Dickrider :D Go ahead and give it an 8 🤭I'm waiting
@ShadowkillZ u asshole
Oct 12, 5:41 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
Reply to Sayan_Pal
@ShadowkillZ u asshole
@Sayan_Pal

Stay mad little buddy, don't be an asshole to others if you don't want others to treat you like one, you precious fragile snowflake 😊😊😊
Oct 12, 4:29 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to ShadowkillZ
@Sayan_Pal

Stay mad little buddy, don't be an asshole to others if you don't want others to treat you like one, you precious fragile snowflake 😊😊😊
@ShadowkillZ please stop
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

» Is Cid still oblivious ?

meteor4000 - Oct 19

11 by meteor4000 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

740 by greed2 »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

» About Alexia's rejection scene in episode 5

Jatin587 - Oct 16

31 by Sayan_Pal »»
Oct 17, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

261 by ShadowkillZ »»
Oct 9, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

124 by ShadowkillZ »»
Oct 9, 3:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.