Forum Settings
Forums
[Oshi No Ko]
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 5, 4:35 AM

May 2009
I guess they will pull the Umineko trick and
umineko end spoilers
Oct 5, 6:56 PM
Nov 2023
Reply to Blitzorr
so damn peak

Chapter 162

ED1
@Blitzorr Holy Peak
Oct 5, 9:37 PM

Jul 2013
I hope Aqua died.

Would put the ending a bit tangy with a bittersweet aftertaste
Oct 6, 1:28 AM
Aug 2020
I'm guessing Akasaka had that panel in mind for a while and gave it to the animators to use on the season 1 ED. Pretty cool if you ask me!
Oct 7, 12:20 AM

Jul 2008
Except the ED of Season 1 has him tied by the classic ribbons of fate. It wouldn't surprise me if they repeat the same panel but change the blood for the ties of fate and have him live but Gorou finally die, since Gorou will have none left now that Aqua has come to the realization to protect Ruby, but more, be kind to her again. And for anyone that's read or seen Glass Mask, well, there's that too... but it's a pretty loose adaptation of trauma and show business, but this feels ripped out of it.

From a strict storytelling perspective, I don't think you can end Aqua's story without seeing who he is without Gorou. There is also no real resolution for Kana and Akane without him either unless you swing in a totally new, somehow even more pivotal to their lives arc to the story either. It's possible, but I also think Aqua's eventual death being predicted by fans since literally the first arc will make Aka turn this on its head.
Oct 7, 1:16 AM
Oct 2021
Alright, but I would read a whole spin-off manga of just the Ruby and Aqua childhood shenanigans like the ones shown here. I just want some happy family wholesomeness after this depression fuel :(
Oct 7, 3:54 AM
flower boy

Jun 2013
the shot from the first ending was great !
this would be hitting harder if they hadn't done the whole incest thing earlier ha ha
Oct 8, 12:29 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to jaunis
Aqua better be dead. This is the perfect way for him to die. Oshi no ko never felt like a story that should have a perfectly happy ending. Having it be bitter sweet like this is perfect. I swear to God if he lives, I will be mildy annoyed.
@jaunis

i do have the same opinion
aqua has better to die for a perfect ending of the manga
Oct 9, 2:25 PM

Jul 2017
While I understand the concept of a happy ending, there are only 4 chapters left. Let Aqua die, it doesn't matter that much to us readers that he won't be alive for 4 short chapters but it gives the story a lot more impact. That being said, I don't believe he does die, because it messes with the redemption of Kana's story. If Aqua is gone there is nothing for her.
Oct 10, 12:57 AM

Jul 2017
At this point my intuition is telling me Akane will somehow save Aqua, kinda like a parallelism of when he saved her from her suicide attempt
Oct 10, 4:21 AM

Oct 2010
I finally got up to date with the manga from chap 120 to 162. Previous to those chapters I was having mixed feelings with the film arc but BOY was Akasaka-sensei cooking from the start. No one gets redeemed in the end, but you can only feel sorry for them.
「Self Aware Cringy Weeb」
Oct 10, 4:33 AM

Oct 2010
@ShinkafeMagna

Akane saving the day would be great since she was around for Ruby's meeting with Kamiki, BUT I am leaning for the submarine ending to parallel Kaguya-sama helicopter ending lol.
「Self Aware Cringy Weeb」
Oct 10, 5:30 AM

Oct 2021
If Aqua dies, Ruby is not gonna take it well. But I'm sure he's not going to, and they're gonna go for the cliche "Aqua gets saved by Akane/Director/crow girl etc." and they live happily ever after.
Oct 12, 11:01 AM
Aug 2020
Increible capitulo.
Perdon por todo aqua
Oct 12, 4:44 PM

May 2021
Really putting the "Aqua" in Aqua.

Yesterday, 3:25 AM
May 2022
Is aqua dead bro? wth i need to know.
Yesterday, 5:41 PM
Mar 2016
Im so happy that we are getting to the end of the series, not because I want it to end or having a bad plot but because of such a masterpiece reaching a true ending without forcing the series to keep going.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oshi no Ko Chapter 9 Discussion

Primo_Itoko - Jun 24, 2020

30 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 13, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Oshi no Ko Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2020

23 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 13, 8:50 AM

» Aqua and Akane

someguy - Oct 10

10 by someguy »»
Oct 11, 5:07 AM

» Will be completed in 4 chapters

AkeZZZ - Oct 9

25 by T1t0 »»
Oct 11, 3:35 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 159 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ARK-13 - Aug 29

58 by SaltyCookie »»
Oct 10, 2:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.