Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 22, 2021 6:52 AM

Sep 2011
I'm super late to this discussion, watching a long while after it aired, but this episode was great. I'm a game dev myself (video games, not board games), so there was a lot here that spoke to me. The best episode so far by a landslide. It's very important to have others test what you make, especially if you are doing it solo, and I felt the episode captured that realization perfectly.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Jul 2, 2022 11:23 AM

Aug 2018
Hm?.. Are Japanese not that much into board games?.. Well, my country isn't that much either, really.. But Japanese have shogi, on the other hand.. It's one more mainstream board game than in my country.. Where it's chess and checkers.. These games are played in Japan as well.. At least in anime you'll see them.. Are board games mainstream in Germany or something?.. I'd expect it still is probably majorly niche, for fans in particular, and stuff.. But not mainstream hobby.. But I don't know, it's just a guess..
I think there is sense in both Midori's and George's approaches.. And ideally they probably have to support each other, and both ideas should work.. Both talent of the game creator.. Him thinking on stuff, his hard work, his wish to make game perfect and then to show it to others.. Will lead to more quality.. But also quality of enjoyment also needs to be tested with people as well.. Who'll play with your game.. Both of their views only by themselves also can lead not to best things.. Like not testing with others?.. Can be boring game.. If to just let everyone play - it can turn into infinite project of a game, like how Yandere Simulator turned out, for example.. Releasing for forever not finished state.. Or how we have not finished games for years in early access.. Early access games became quite a problem nowadays that wasn't a problem before.. Now we get tons of products in unfinished state..
Card with random effect is especially nice idea.. To exchange furniture with other players, hm.. More chaos cards!~ ;P
Sep 11, 2023 3:19 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Half way through now, been a very nice rewatch so far, and this is an excellent episode honestly. Seeing Midori get hit with the cold hard truth was kinda upsetting to see but it was definitely what she needed to hear with her current mindset, and what do you know, Mr. Beresford was right, the successful designer with a big company in the US knew better than a Japanese high school girl lol, I know it fits Midori’s personality to be stubborn and it was also kinda realistic for her to not want to face criticism, but it’s kinda funny how she thought she knew better than him lol.

And I actually forgot the manager and Beresford are veteran soldiers lol, definitely not something you’d expect in a show like this but it’s a fun addition, I like the relationship they have too, funny stuff.
TheColonel76Sep 11, 2023 3:27 PM
Sep 17, 4:50 PM
Mar 2023
Realized at the end that the playtest in the episode was most likely the second play test. At the beginning with Takeru he was about to give his option of the game thou he could have been about to give his option of the game based on the rules.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houkago Saikoro Club Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

29 by AdamSylph »»
Oct 1, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Houkago Saikoro Club Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

44 by AdamSylph »»
Sep 24, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Houkago Saikoro Club Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2019

37 by AdamSylph »»
Sep 20, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Houkago Saikoro Club Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2019

44 by AdamSylph »»
Sep 13, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Houkago Saikoro Club Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

55 by AdamSylph »»
Sep 10, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.