Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2019 11:38 AM

Feb 2018
That was a great final episode,the Miraculous seven minutes performance finally came to pass, C&T wrote a great song.

Overall it was a good series, glad i watched it till the end.

8/10
Oct 3, 2019 11:45 AM

Jul 2011
I literally started choking on my lemonade when the police turned up to storm the place like some sort of authoritarian populist hivemind pushing back against *the sound of freedom*.

"Oi, u got a loicense to perform there m8?"

This show was an absolute trashfire of poorly thought-out political commentary, half-baked sci-fi gimmicks and surface-level character development. The music's good, but when the story is so ludicrous, well, I can't help but laugh as it's used to wrench undeserved catharsis from our characters.

Maybe I'll listen to the soundtrack a couple of times somehow dissociated from my memories of the show, otherwise I'll just crack up.
Oct 3, 2019 11:50 AM

May 2012
All twenty-four Carole & Tuesday title songs as a YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNscpuY0iDhO5MKj_IO_L-DcIGG0LojBS

Too many themes were underdeveloped, particularly the stuff about AI music, which seemed to be the focus at the outset. The political stuff was too simplistic. The musical numbers got better as the show went on, but Angela can still sing rings around our leads.

7/10 for me
SeijiSenseiOct 3, 2019 11:54 AM
Oct 3, 2019 12:01 PM

Jan 2016
A stunning ending. I'm really conflicted on what score to give this because it has very visible problems, but the things that it does right it does it masterfully.

I'm not a music nerd, not close to one. But the songs in this anime were so powerful that I still can't understand how they could nail almost all of the songs, it's mindblowing honestly and I haven't seen an anime do this since Nana.

Carole and Tuesday are charming characters along with the rest of the cast, my favorite being Angela by far. The way they developed characters were both good and bad, for example, Tuesdays little in love arc felt unneeded at the end as it didn't add anything to her as a character but the Carole and Ezekiel episode was fantastic.

Tao was an interesting character but the thing at the end came out of nowhere! It does explain a few things but for being such a big thing, it was brushed aside very lightly. Roddy's character development was sadly nonexistent which is a shame because I still really like him. Tuesdays mom also had a miraculous change of heart

Having these issues would normally result in me giving the anime a lower score but I'm just so conflicted right now because a part of me loves it and another one is disappointed. I think I'll give it a 7/10 even though I'd really like to give it an 8/10. I reckon that 7 is a fair score because in the end I still really enjoyed it even with its flaws
FireFistYKOct 3, 2019 12:08 PM
Oct 3, 2019 12:51 PM
Jan 2012
Wojtini21 said:
Also, it will always be funny:

Desmond: *f*cking dies*
Also Desmond: *sings in last ep*

In the episode where he "dies", you can see on the machinery he is hooked up to that he still has vital signs and is just in some sort of coma. But yeah, the way they act when he sings his song and "dies" does make it seem like he really died, so I get what you're saying. It's a little silly. Good character concept with bad delivery, a big problem in this show.
Oct 3, 2019 12:51 PM

May 2018
I believe that a lot of the negative criticism stems from expectations about Watanabe due to (some of) his earlier works. What everyone was expecting was a good story with good music.

What we got was an okay story with great music. I think you kind of have to take this one at face value to avoid being disappointed. Watanabe ambitiously set out to make a music anime collaborating with dozens of western artists in various styles and in that regard he definitely succeeded. Alisa (Angela) and JR Price (Pyotr) were my two favorite artists on this project (aside from Nai Br.XX and Celeina Ann).

Try to remember this one by its soundtrack, not the lackluster story that simply filled in the gaps.
Oct 3, 2019 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Wow... I'm not sure I can find the words, but I will try. First, I'm glad that Spencer talked with Tuesday after all, and that he made that fair deal with Kyle. Valerie wasn't a lost cause, and I think Jerry is just as done for as Schwartz. And if I got it right, both Tao and Angela were created in an artificial way by the same man, and this is kind of crazy, but I guess it's another thing which connects them.

And I'm bummed he had to go, but also glad. It's true, Angela was in a weakened state, and she needed someone. But well, she has the manager, and she has herself. Maybe she would depend too much on Tao, and would never truly be able to stand on her own two feet if they stayed together right now. I think this was for the better, and I hope they meet again someday when they are both stronger people.

Now the miracle. It was really beautiful, and moving. I loved to see everyone coming together to make it happen, and the song was great. It kind of reminded me of Daenerys with the "mother" and "free me from my chains." lol And I loved the bits they gave to each of the characters to sing, I don't know, it felt right. The "Will be continued..." trolled me for a moment until the "In your mind." appeared, that's just mean. Now I can only imagine, but it was truly inspiring, and I will believe they made a difference. I'm going to miss this one.
Oct 3, 2019 12:55 PM
Dec 2014
A let-down of a series but at least it had potential.

6/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV0qgOSUepM

Without a doubt the best song for me. Really want the full version.
Oct 3, 2019 1:22 PM
Jan 2012
BestDogeKoromaru said:
I believe that a lot of the negative criticism stems from expectations about Watanabe due to (some of) his earlier works. What everyone was expecting was a good story with good music.

What we got was an okay story with great music.

I agree, and aside from Angela's character arc, the music and the beautiful visual animation are all I'll really look upon memorably from this show.
Oct 3, 2019 1:42 PM

May 2017
in your mind.. lol biggest bait ever.

Angela hugging Carole & Tuesday was super cute.

Song was decent and the reasoning and the cause fit pretty well. But I still felt a little underwhelmed. This idea of a miracle ending felt pretty rushed at the end. It felt like they just came up with this idea last second. Basically they teased us since the first minute about these 7 miraculous minutes. Was it worth the anticipation? Noooot really. But hey this was still a good watch. 6/10 or 7/10 can't make my mind up right now gotta decide later.
Oct 3, 2019 1:57 PM

Nov 2015
Roevhaal said:
Old_School_Akira said:

how is it pc-sjw-western pandering ?🙄 people all over the globe worked on it so the characters should be a equally diverse.

it plays as a cheesy hollywood movie and caters to sjw with refugee welcome bs

That’s not really SJW pandering. Anime takes a lot from American culture. Example osamu tezuka was inspired by Disney and cowboy bebop took a lot from Hollywood as well.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 3, 2019 2:04 PM
Jan 2012
And so, all the smug celebrities descended from their mansions to go and sing a freedom song that saved all of Mars from the dystopian police state, forever. Yeah.

6/10 (I'd rate it higher if story wasn't so important, b/c the visuals and music were amazing, but damn).

I'm going to casually list some closing observations on this show.

- My prediction that Angela would form a trio with Carole & Tuesday for the 7-minute Miracle came true, and was the most rewarding moment of the ending for me, as Angela was by far the most interesting and developed character in the show, exploited by her parent and the industry and deserving of a redemption arc, so yay. However, the extent to which C&T are sort of self-centered, naive, and oblivious to what is going on in the lives of people around them, almost to the point of seeming shallow at times in this show, kind of lessens the reward here.

- "Designer Babies" introduced in the final episode. This demonstrates one of the show's most glaring problems, no real continual theme, just throw in lots of random drama and sci-fi shit for convenience whenever the show gets bland and needs a little spice, but never any deep thematic exploration of those concepts (other examples include A.I., radiation-induced androgyny, etc.). Side note: Rejoice, Tangela shippers, Tao and Angela are probably not related. They never said the two designer babies were from created the same gene pool. I didn't see any romance there, but some people did.

- Carole & Tuesday are textbook Mary Sues. I hate to tack on an overused trope, but the entertainment industry needs to stop overusing it. They were always the center of focus and everyone's attention despite being underdeveloped characters. They have typical Mary Sue backstories (one from a wealthy family, one an orphan), are naturally good at everything with no real challenges or obstacles to overcome. Even when they lose, they win (e.g. Mars Brightest, the Emmys) Everyone they meet wants to please them and help them, or just be with them (even their rival is rewarded with this in the end). They randomly stumble on everything they need just when they need it. The list goes on and on. The portrayal of their rise to stardom is so unfathomably unrealistic it isn't remotely inspiring. The stars just align for them. I hate to live the life of someone who is inspired to be a musician by this show then lives through the hell of realizing even if you pour blood, sweat, and tears into the craft you still probably won't be one of the lucky ones that makes it to stardom.

- This is one of the few shows/movies I've seen that handles diversity well. The cast are truly diverse, not just in superficial ways but in personality and motivation too. It doesn't feel forced, and it doesn't feel like any demographic is intentionally left out. That said, I still hate that they didn't explain the Mars v. Earth conflict and why all the illegal immigrants are black people. Did they just leave all the black people on Earth? That's fucked up. Why isn't Earth thriving? How much of Mars is colonized? etc. It's sci-fi. You have a chance to tell a message without trapping people in the bleakness of history. They didn't need to do it this way. Maybe it's an allegory for how humans all begin in Africa then left to new lands while Africa became poor and war-torn, and now people are fleeing and the rest of the world is afraid they'll bring their problems with them. Even if that's the intention, it's not news, a bit too "on the nose" and this show didn't really strongly give any suggestions for how to fix it. Singing about it isn't going to help anyone starving to death or having their house raided by marauders to sell them and their kids into slavery.

- Yes, I agree with the poster who said Angela can sing circles around Carole & Tuesday. Also agree with the one who said that the autotune for some singers in the final song was obnoxious.

- Hate that this show dropped its initial premise (manmade music vs. AI made music) and did a bait-and-switch about politics that weren't even explored deeply. I feel lied to, and it's part of the reason for my low rating. The show doesn't do what its premise set out for it, which is to explore the struggle of traditional artists trying to thrive in an AI industry. Also, why are there no AI singers? And why did the AI characters stop being represented earlier than halfway through the show?

- Overhyping the miracle ruined its impact. It was like a dud firework. They should have only had the intro about the miracle during the first episode, not every episode. Also the quote from Tobe about "freedom is shit if it is given, you have to create it for yourself" vs the lyrics of the "miracle song" which says "mother, mother, mother, won't you free me from my chains? mother, mother, mother won't you come show me the way?" wtf. That doesn't sound like self-created freedom.

I could go on for days, so I'll just end it here. All in all, the writing of this show is a convoluted, arrogant, naive mess, full of elitist entertainment industry back-patting and self-celebration, but peppered with moments of frailty, hope, kindness, and human spirit. So... not a total failure by any means, but definitely not up to par for a Watanabe series. I'll watch it again to experience the English dub when that's all out but I am sure it will only raise more unanswered questions and make me like it even less. This is a very "in the moment" pleasure type of anime for me that doesn't leave much lasting impression. I developed an attachment to Angela and that's it. Most of the other characters felt like personalities rather than characters. Very tropey. I expect higher quality entertainment with more thought-provoking content when such an esteemed creator puts out such a unique and exciting premise. The worst pain is thinking of what greatness it could have been.

LucentRiversOct 3, 2019 2:21 PM
Oct 3, 2019 2:50 PM

Dec 2011
What a completely underwhelming finale. Two thirds of the ep consisted of the characters spouting naive nonsense—just as expected—and the rest was dedicated to the o flooring masterpiece-ish song that wasn't compelling at all. The only nice aspect about that performance is that we finally got to hear Angela's actual vocals again. And that's about it, nothing to see here folks.

As a side note, the way Tao presented his and Angela's "origins" was incredibly anticlimactic. He just went and said that, bid the girl goodbye, and left. End of scene. We all know Tao's inability to express emotions but woah, the scene didn't feel necessary even a tiny bit.

To be honest, C&T is a real let-down of a show but at least some bits were entertaining, and some of the tracks will keep playing in my earphones. The visuals were pretty neat as well. However, the second cour was just trash, and the characters didn't make any substantial progress throughout the story, especially the main duo. It almost made me drop the hell out of this a few times.

Shame. 6/10
Oct 3, 2019 3:00 PM
Jan 2012
Kyoris said:
What a completely underwhelming finale. Two thirds of the ep consisted of the characters spouting naive nonsense—just as expected—and the rest was dedicated to the o flooring masterpiece-ish song that wasn't compelling at all.

More appropriate song for that ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-PWTsc0lC8
Oct 3, 2019 3:03 PM
Jan 2019
two girls met in the bridge and make a song and gather singers and sing that sing change the Mars
their song is so beautiful not a masterpiece but I still like it
finally, politics is settled, Valerie resigning, but I just hope they reach the conclusion because (probably) they let immigrants enter again so their life is still normal?
"Will be continued... in your mind." so this is the end no more second series? (yes I will remember these years to come)
I'm going to miss them
10/10
5/5
and wait they say "Don't let anyone in until the song is over" but how the f*cking police enter so after that song they are safe? are they arrested?
Anoo-DominiOct 3, 2019 3:15 PM
Oct 3, 2019 3:48 PM
Aug 2019
Tobi said:
Does anyone know when the full songs comes out like they did with the season 1 songs? pls and thank u
On genius their album
marked at 23 october
Oct 3, 2019 3:54 PM
Aug 2019
Sry for my bad english BTW
I'm the only who felt, that the final song its reference at Where is the love by Black Eyed Peas.They both take the same social problems, and song is too similar
Oct 3, 2019 4:02 PM

Sep 2017
Man that was the biggest Jebait of all time. "In your mind" what a troll.

Anyway that was a good finale and final performance. It's interesting that was don't get to see any affects their performance may have had. Really it was pointless in terms of stopping Valerie, tho that wasn't really the intention, since the scandal being exposed was all it took.

You know I was fine with the political stuff, but I know I would have liked it a lot more if it focused on C&T and how they are mixing up the music industry by writing their own banger songs instead of AI. Instead the major driving factor for the plot was the political stuff and C&T's music career was almost sort of a side plot.
Oct 3, 2019 4:06 PM

Oct 2014
Roevhaal said:
So much cheese... I'm glad the pc-sjw-western pandering bullshit anime is over.
This just this is what I felt
It's Morbin' Time!
Oct 3, 2019 4:12 PM

Dec 2017
I think I just had an Eargasm. Great finale that ties together a very good series. Its messages were conflicting at times but the music was on point all the way through. 8/10

Oct 3, 2019 4:27 PM
Mar 2019
First 12 episodes > Second part

I quite dislike this episode. Tao - Angela plot was solved in 5 minutes in really lackluster C class cliche sci-fy trope that doesn't even feel right to this anime.

SWAT team was just stupid, why and organized by whom? Carol's mother after beeing awfull all series and even staging the kidnap of her own daughter just switching to be a good mother and resigning from her only ambition of being a president.

The songwriting part was just a repetition of the previous episode plot and I really dislike how they just stopped really caring about Tues-Carol and team relationship in the second part of the series.

Last thing, last song in comparison to the first 12 episodes was really meh in my opinion.

As, I said this is just my opinion, great that others enjoyed it so much
Oct 3, 2019 4:33 PM

Jul 2015
AnimeJunky said:
This was a beautiful ending. 8/10 The only thing that could have made it better was if The Mermaid Sisters showed up and busted a jig. lmao

Bruh that would have been a truly epic ending
Oct 3, 2019 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
Roevhaal said:
Old_School_Akira said:

how is it pc-sjw-western pandering ?🙄 people all over the globe worked on it so the characters should be a equally diverse.

O-Oh no, not....*GASP*..welcoming refugees! Heaven FORBID we take in refugees who've been displaced by wars waged by rich people who don't give a shit about the lives they destroy, all so they can make even MORE money through oil and all the other natural resources they steal from these countries. Truly the worst thing in the world that an anime could advocate for.

Gimme a fucking break. What are you, 12??
Oct 3, 2019 5:10 PM

Jan 2018
I want to find the person who thought it was ok to say "will be continued" and "in your mind" on two different slides and hit them with a shovel.
whats a signature
Oct 3, 2019 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
So we don't get a reconciliation between Tuesday and her mother? Would have been nice. As well as some kind of resolution to other characters who popped in and then vanished, Carole's father and childhood friend for one. This anime was brilliantly animated and had great songs but I do feel that the story had a reach exceeding its grasp. Felt really choppy especially in the first half. Good show but not great imo. 7/10 for me.
Oct 3, 2019 5:56 PM
Jun 2019
2nd half of this anime was super odd but this song was so stupid wonderful i can't believe it, it was really 7minutes of something so beatiful to watch
Oct 3, 2019 6:13 PM

Mar 2013
what the fuck was that season 2 bait and switch

well whatever

woulda been worth more than a 7 if the ending hadn't been so simplistic.
Oct 3, 2019 6:39 PM
Apr 2019
That psyche out at the end got me. The overall story was ok, but the characters are what hooked me. Loved the people I shared the journey with, not so much the journey
Oct 3, 2019 7:53 PM

Jul 2012
AnimeJunky said:
This was a beautiful ending. 8/10 The only thing that could have made it better was if The Mermaid Sisters showed up and busted a jig. lmao

what the hell, and here I thought the ending couldn't be more epic than this =))

Tobi said:
Does anyone know when the full songs comes out like they did with the season 1 songs? pls and thank u

Carole & Tuesday Vocal Collection Vol. 2 will be released on Oct 23
Oct 3, 2019 7:57 PM

Nov 2018
This is probably the best song out of the whole lot (only edging in front of Mermaid Sisters of course)

As a final episode, it was great, a 9/10, we got to see some of the characters conclude their parts of the story and we get the 7 minute miracle with some of the best singers, which was presented as this glorious thing at the beginning of the series.

Overall as a series, it gets a 7/10 in my books; I do consider it a good show with a few flaws which limits the score.
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Oct 3, 2019 8:03 PM

Jan 2011
C and T has always been a mix bag for me it was a show i wanted to love so much but ended up kinda being bit of a struggle to watch early on the first half of this show for me was very forgettable i can't remember any of it besides the awful talent singing arc.

the amount of themes regarding current real world issues was a interesting take but C and T never really manged to bring out the most of all of them so they ended up kinda weak in the long run

on the other hand a show about music it sure had a lot of music and this is were the subjective part of my brain comes into play with so many songs some are gonna be a hit or miss for everyone thinking back there are a few i might wanna go back and listen to besides the OP * and EDs but due to my biggest problem with most of the girls sounding the same and frankly not being to fond of the sound of their voice it made it hard to enjoy a lot of the main characters songs and it will forever be the strangest thing they never did a simulcast dub with every single song being sung dub!!! like what lol maybe we'll get one in the future because it's rare that i would rather listen to dubs for a anime( a very western one at that) over Japanese dub

while very happy and simple i enjoyed the final song with everyone singing couldn't not put a smile on my face,had my problems but i'm glad i saw this to the end 7/10 a ova be nice after the troll end !
Oct 3, 2019 8:14 PM

Jan 2013
holy moly that final song...amazing! Flora's part got real emotional and had me smiling!
Oct 3, 2019 8:45 PM
May 2017

^^

Great anime series.

Sure to miss Carole, Tuesday and Angela.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 3, 2019 9:52 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Talim said:
Roevhaal said:

O-Oh no, not....*GASP*..welcoming refugees! Heaven FORBID we take in refugees who've been displaced by wars waged by rich people who don't give a shit about the lives they destroy, all so they can make even MORE money through oil and all the other natural resources they steal from these countries. Truly the worst thing in the world that an anime could advocate for.

found the sjw, I'm 22 btw
Oct 3, 2019 10:01 PM

Jul 2016
And against all odds, this series still managed to add yet another plot line in its final episode. Now, it results that Tao and Angela were, most likely, siblings all along xD Man, who decides these writing decisions? IAs that can swindle you, radiation that induces androgyny, making Tues fall in love with a random reporter, Angela not being Dahlia's daughter, Desmond dying but not actually dying, etc? Seriously, it's laughable how little direction this series had throughout 24 eps.

Now, back to the episode, it was as rushed as I expected. The whole political plot line that lasted so many episodes in being "developed", was concluded in such anticlimactic way it really looked like a waste of time. Man, so much build up time that could have been used in developing Angela's character in a decent way or in giving a proper explanation about what the hell happened to the Earth... such a waste, seriously.

Regarding the performance, it was indeed spectacular but honestly, it wasn't enough to redeem this series from its many plot and pacing issues. That said, it was still quite pleasant to see some of the artist I liked such as Pyotr, Flora and "Immortal" Desmond again.

Overall, after some very promising first episodes, this series ended up being rather disappointing. I personally think that the whole political plot line killed the series due to how superficial it was and how poorly it was handled. The other sub-plot lines, leaving aside the one regarding Carole's father, weren't that interesting either. Things being said, after the first cour, I started watching this anime just for the music, which was the only good aspect I could find in such messy story progression.

4/10 - Now, let's wait for that Vol. 2 CD.
SouthRzVaOct 3, 2019 10:12 PM
Oct 3, 2019 10:11 PM

Jul 2009
Roevhaal said:
Talim said:

found the sjw, I'm 22 btw

Way to dodge the point I made. Please, tell me, what is the problem with welcoming people into our countries who have been displaced by wars that they were purely victims of and have no control over the outcomes of?

Your profile says you live in Sweden. Let's say, hypothetically, that all of Sweden suddenly erupts in civil war tomorrow and you have no choice but to flee the country. Literally staying in the country for even another day will get you killed. There's no hope that the country can be fixed. Shit is straight fucked and you have to get out of there to survive. Would you not expect people in other countries to welcome you in when you literally have nowhere else to go? If they turn you away and say to gtfo of their country and to go fix the problems in your own country, would you not feel helpless and like you've been abandoned? It's in our human nature to do everything we can to survive. If your only chance of survival then is fleeing your country and becoming a refugee, would you not expect people to have compassion and help you out when you need it and have no other options?
Oct 3, 2019 11:02 PM

Apr 2013
omg what an amazing end to CnT. Gonna miss the songs. Meaningful beautiful series.

This show's songs are honestly so good. The story is somewhat superficial but music that touches your soul is always good.

Love the amount of effort put into the song lyrics and them amazing singers. This show is one for the keepr.
Oct 3, 2019 11:57 PM

Apr 2016
I'm going to pretend all those dramatic moments were just throwaway gag.
Anyway, Why would someone consider does 7 minutes a miracle? Did everything got fixed by the power of singing about mommy issues?
Oct 4, 2019 1:06 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Whoops! Too long. I put it in a spoiler.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 4, 2019 1:29 AM

Jul 2016
Watanabe, you tease!
Like, hey look we're gonna do a sequel-PSYCHE! I know that's not how you're meant to interpret that end card, but I thought it was pretty funny, especially considering how many people in here had been wondering about sequels on the previous episode boards

This episode in particular felt like a bunch of highs and lows for me. To start off, I don't like the reveal of Angela's parentage, or that she's sort-of related to Tao. It felt stupid, I hate that "we're related?!" trope and I'm gonna be super pissed if the next Star Wars movie tells us who Rey's parents are. The other main negative is Tuesday's mom, because I think the way they handled it made Carole and Tuesday's big performance kind of pointless. The whole reason they set it up was to convince her to drop out or at least to change her campaign policies, but that all gets dealt with before they ever start singing. The way I would have done it would be to keep it more or less the same, but have Valerie be reluctant and refuse Spencer, then she sees Tuesday singing and that changes her mind. That sounds like what they were originally going for and I think it would've been much more emotionally satisfying that what they did do.

But that's my negatives out the way. The actual song was fantastic. Some might say it was a bit cheesy, and I wouldn't fault them for that, because I feel like that was the idea. Just the spectacle of the thing was enough to make me temporarily forget everything I brought up in the last paragraph. It's a massive, beautiful ensemble of musicians, the greatest ideal of pop music, of course it's going to be cheesy and beautiful and sweet as sugar.

And that's kind of the show's whole deal in the end. Shinichiro Watanabe has a deep love for music in all it's forms and genres, and I adore his ability to laser focus in on one and craft an entire world around the feel of that genre. Cowboy Bebop is a world for blues music, Samurai Champloo is a world for hip-hop, and likewise, Carole & Tuesday is a world for pop music. That's why we watch Watanabe shows, or at least that's why I watch Watanabe shows. And even if I don't think this is his best work, I'm still giving it an 8/10.

Sue me.
Oct 4, 2019 1:48 AM

Aug 2015
That was... weird. After hyping up the miraculous 7 minutes for 24 episodes it was somewhat underwhelming. The song wasn't bad but I'm not sure what kind of impact it had. Was the world saved? From what? And Tuesday's mom resigned anyway. I prefered the show when it was about underdogs trying to succeed in the music industry, especially where music is done by AI 99% of the time.

The whole political plot line felt a bit shallow. Thought this was gonna be an 8/10, but the underwhelming end makes it a 7 for me.
Oct 4, 2019 2:01 AM

Sep 2010
quite a heartwarming ending

I swear Desmond's AI dropped a few tears

Angela being Toa's sister was quite a twist, but at least they both looked happy in the end

Glad Valerie came to her senses in the end

Wish we would've got more of Roddy, Ezekiel and Pyotr
Oct 4, 2019 3:38 AM

Dec 2015
A lot of things I could say about this episode, and this show in general, but I am very content with everything. 9/10
Oct 4, 2019 3:58 AM

Jul 2017
If anything, I'd say that Watanabe really didn't know how to plan the 2nd half well like the 1st, and it ended up being a spoiled product of his, YET ONCE AGAIN. He basically just killed off all progression that has been the perfect 1st cour and trashed it down the drain with the 2nd. That's the breaking point for me already. A good concept on paper DOES NOT EQUAL good storyboarding. That's why he took the scriptwriting on this final episode to wrap up both the core and unnecessary events to look like it is a done deal. Sorry I'm not buying that shit.

In the end, the "Miraculous (final) 7 Minutes" is Carole and Tuesday being Jesus Christs of Mars, being the light in the darkness, along with the musical artists being their followers in the ambitious collaboration project of free speech and creativity. Not to say that it was bad, but the execution was somewhat haphazard at best. Regardless, the final song "Mother" was nice and superb, the final throes to a spectacular OST, and that's the best I can say for this series.

The politics really is the bombshell that shouldn't have dabbled with the central promise being the music and both Carole and Tuesday's progress into being all-stars in a world where AI has progressed well beyond humanity.

Overall, 7/10.
Oct 4, 2019 4:12 AM

Aug 2013
So Mr. Tao was Edward Snowden all along. The feels was felt though in the end. I gotta say, I was getting relatively pissed off with this series because I felt like the plot was going to be overly saturated in politics that would ultimately detract from the worth of the characters in this series. However, in the end, C&T did push one major notion above all else: No matter what hardships you find yourself in, no matter what chaos happens in the world around you, the single thing that can unite everyone within a single moment in time as little as 7 minutes and be powerful enough to make a change is music. Because at the end of the day, everyone has some melody that resonates within their hearts.

I was hesitate in the latter bits...but I can say that this series is definitely one of Watanabe's best works. Probably tied for second with Terror in Resonance.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 4, 2019 4:55 AM
Jan 2019
Great finale and a good show overall just wished Watanabe kinda decided in which plot direction he was heading. He had all these ideas but instead of incorporating them into the plot they were sprinkled and/or thrown in with no order,like he wanted for so much but couldn't decide what to do with it in the end. Sometimes less really is more.

At some points the events were so jumbled up and alternating between two girls self discovery,political conspiracies,immigration commentary and whatnot in a lightning speed that it became rather confusing. Interesting points in general,they just needed a bit of polishing. Deserves an 8/10 in my book. 7 if I'm being harsh.
Oct 4, 2019 5:18 AM

Jul 2014
Im happy with the ending...very love the song of them together, ggk's voice was so good and a cute scenes of roddy
Lol to be continued in your mind 😯
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Oct 4, 2019 5:33 AM

Feb 2014
"To be continued........in your mind." Whoever came up with that bait is going to be loved and hated by the viewers of this show for a while! XD

Anyway, the miraculous 7 minutes was, not to be surprised, a 7 minute song played during the last 7 minutes of this episode. The song itself, Mother, was indeed powerful and seeing a lot of the side characters joining Carole and Tuesday on-stage to sing was really nice.

The best part of the episode was pretty much right at the end of the song itself, where Angela hugs both Carole and Tuesday, with all three of them smiling happily. That was a very sweet moment. =)

Tao had to go into hiding after leaking out the information that caused the domino effect to happen, but before he went, he did drop a surprise to us viewers by saying that he was a designer baby by his father and Angela was also the same. I wasn't expecting the both of them to be related, even if the reveal was left very late int the series.

Overall, Carole & Tuesday has some great moments........and some not so great moments as well. Mainly, the downsides came in the second half, where the plot arrived at a spaghetti junction and it decided to cover as much of the possible routes as possible with what limited time it had.

That's probably why some characters either were undeveloped at all or didn't get enough development, with the latter of that being more on Carole & Tuesday. The main plot of the second half with the politics was, to be honest, my biggest drawback with this show, as it took the focus away from the music too often and gave us a political plot that felt tacky. Same goes for the moments where the show flirted a bit too much with politically correct scenes that left me rather unimpressed as well. =/

Despite all that, Watanabe nailed it when it came to the music and, aside from a few bad choices, most songs in this show, along with the singers involved, were great. The animation and visual quality from Bones was mostly good as well. Not their best work, obviously, but they still did a good enough job when it mattered the most.

7.5/10 is my final score and I'm rather disappointed that the mermaid sisters never appeared in the final episode. I'd love it if they somehow gate-crashed the last song with their swearing! XD
Oct 4, 2019 6:20 AM
Jun 2017
Love the final episode and the song on this one. All the singers in the said series made a collaboration composed by Carole and tuesday.

Nice song and rythm...
Oct 4, 2019 6:29 AM

May 2011
I really enjoyed watching Carole & Tuesday even though in the second cour the plot was just all over the place.Politics and racial elements became more important than the music itself.Which isn't bad per se,but it seems like they really over complicated things when it should have been about two best friends and their journey to stardom in an AI-infested music industry.

I liked the finale.The Miraculous 7 Minutes lived up to the hype for me. Having the whole cast come together helps tie all those one-off episodes together and the composers did a good job making a finale song.
''I was dead serious''

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

159 by Gorgos »»
Sep 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

115 by Kamirura »»
Aug 23, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

117 by MimiHamburger »»
Jun 30, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2019

111 by OtterBoy1 »»
Jun 9, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

73 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 27, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.