Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 7, 2019 2:31 PM
May 2016
jfesquivel said:
Wonderfull show, heart warming and with real life insights related to personal loses and little life pains. Reading some negative comments make me realize why otakus have a reputation for immaturity and for to live in a bubble of their own fantasy and frustrated desires.

Imagine unironically believing this while happily lapping up a studio shitting in your mouth with this excuse of a second season. They made this soulless cash-grab solely because idiots like you would lap it up, Tatsuki didn't deserve this at all. Fuck Kadokawa and its drones.
Apr 7, 2019 2:51 PM
Mar 2019
Talking about frustrated otakus... fortunately I enjoyed both shows instead of cry for what some obscure Japanese executives decided based on things you don't know about.
Apr 7, 2019 7:22 PM
Mar 2012
SoldusJK said:
gophercg said:
Amnesia: it's clear Serval & Kyururu both had forgotten past lives. Serval eaten & reborn w/o memories. Kyururu possibly the same at the standstar pod, but had glimpse of her past via her old drawings. The melancholic end & philosophy Birds push a strong theme of acceptance of loss, to Let it Go & move forward (is this how the creators feel of S1??). If "home" is a metaphor for S1, then it kinda meshes.

Interesting that you mention this - loss and acceptance are a recurring theme in the franchise. One Japanese guy made a really nice analysis here, with a translation available here; if you have the time/care about it, it's a pretty enlightening read, albeit a bit on the long side.

Thanks I'll have a read sometime. It appears the blogger makes quite a few KF posts till 4/04, but I'd need translations to understand...

It reminds me of the friendship & farewells theme in: https://myanimelist.net/anime/32309/Tabi_Machi_Late_Show
It's quite a peaceful 28 minute short.
Apr 8, 2019 7:18 PM
Oct 2014
HsiuqsYgnops said:
Not as good as og kemono friends, but it has it's own charm.

9/10.
Your tastes are as bad as your grammar.
Apr 9, 2019 6:09 AM

Feb 2016
Nothing has done more harm to kemofure than this season and its director Ryuichi Kimura. Losing popularity, dividing the fans, breaking the serval-kaban narrative a lot of people loved...

If this was season 1, by now we would be enjoying a 12.1 episode, the director would be praised by the fans and later nominated to awards for his work, we would see countless colaborations and some minisodes like the donbei commercial, uma no friends, etc being done, we would see a strong BD sale, lots of season 2 fanart and 4koma, niconico videos using season 2 characters, etc.

Instead of that, we are left with a divided community, the tale that some "anti-fans" magically appeared with the sole intention to attack kemofure, the "director Ryuichi banned me challenge", a lot of artists migrating away from kemofure to touhou, kemurikusa, and other things...

It's strange, people wouldn't be angry against each other if they didn't liked kemofure.
Apr 9, 2019 7:59 PM
Sep 2017
Azumi-tei said:
If this was season 1, by now we would be enjoying a 12.1 episode, the director would be praised by the fans and later nominated to awards for his work, we would see countless colaborations and some minisodes like the donbei commercial, uma no friends, etc being done, we would see a strong BD sale, lots of season 2 fanart and 4koma, niconico videos using season 2 characters, etc.

A S2 manga is already releasing with more content coming at the end of it. Collabs with SEGA well underway and with a new short anime to promote it in production. WTTJP back this week. BD sales are not doing bad. S2 fanart is extremely plentiful, no idea where you got the idea otherwise. Yen Press announced they'll be translating and releasing the 4koma anthology for S2 in the west. I don't follow MMD stuff, but I'm certain they're still showing up since I've seen some few second shorts out being posted on Twitter.

Instead of that, we are left with a divided community, the tale that some "anti-fans" magically appeared with the sole intention to attack kemofure, the "director Ryuichi banned me challenge", a lot of artists migrating away from kemofure to touhou, kemurikusa, and other things...

Unless you've a good reason to explain why it surpassed Shyamalan's TLA on Amazon ratings with aggressive comments, targetting remains the explanation.
Apr 9, 2019 8:15 PM

Feb 2016
SoldusJK said:
Azumi-tei said:

A S2 manga is already releasing with more content coming at the end of it. Collabs with SEGA well underway and with a new short anime to promote it in production. WTTJP back this week. BD sales are not doing bad. S2 fanart is extremely plentiful, no idea where you got the idea otherwise. Yen Press announced they'll be translating and releasing the 4koma anthology for S2 in the west. I don't follow MMD stuff, but I'm certain they're still showing up since I've seen some few second shorts out being posted on Twitter.

Unless you've a good reason to explain why it surpassed Shyamalan's TLA on Amazon ratings with aggressive comments, targetting remains the explanation.

Well, my source is simple: I translate stuff and see artists who did kf stuff since kf1 shift in content during season 2. And while yes, there is obviously some more content coming out, it's more of a kemonofriends-franchise as a whole, not 'because season 2'.
Apr 10, 2019 11:01 AM
Jul 2015
Poor Kaban with that sadness on her teary eye 😥 I really hate this story!
Apr 22, 2019 4:07 PM

Oct 2007
Azumi-tei said:
Nothing has done more harm to kemofure than this season and its director Ryuichi Kimura. Losing popularity, dividing the fans, breaking the serval-kaban narrative a lot of people loved...

It's strange, people wouldn't be angry against each other if they didn't liked kemofure.
\

Honestly, up to episode 9 I enjoyed this.

But after this crap ending.. the only decision is to give this anime a score of 1 or 2. Gave it a 2..
Apr 22, 2019 4:41 PM

Feb 2016
Liddo-kun said:

But after this crap ending.. the only decision is to give this anime a score of 1 or 2. Gave it a 2..

I gave it a 2 too. If it was possible, I would give it a -10 to the producer and director after what has been happening the following days in real life,. There has been attacks against the fans, producer hosoya twitted a photoshoped funeral picture of Tatsuki (Like, wtf?), created social media accounts to talk good about himself and bad about Tatsuki (this isn't even about tatsuki?) , angrily said that we don't understand kemonofriends 2 because it happens 2000 years after kemofure 1 and in another land, and so on. It's weird seeing adult people be so childish...
Azumi-teiApr 22, 2019 4:46 PM
Apr 24, 2019 5:27 AM

Oct 2007
Azumi-tei said:
Liddo-kun said:

I gave it a 2 too. If it was possible, I would give it a -10 to the producer and director after what has been happening the following days in real life,. There has been attacks against the fans, producer hosoya twitted a photoshoped funeral picture of Tatsuki (Like, wtf?), created social media accounts to talk good about himself and bad about Tatsuki (this isn't even about tatsuki?) , angrily said that we don't understand kemonofriends 2 because it happens 2000 years after kemofure 1 and in another land, and so on. It's weird seeing adult people be so childish...

loser can say what he want.. won't change the fact that Kemono 2 slam dunked into being crap. While Kemurikusa by Tatsuki which aired almost the same time is a success.
Apr 25, 2019 7:30 AM
Sep 2017
Azumi-tei said:
Liddo-kun said:

A bunch of which is mistranslated. To start with, he said it happens "after the year 2000", not "2000 years later". He didn't talk about himself in the sock puppet account, and his insults was directed at people insulting S2, not at Tatsuki.
Apr 25, 2019 11:12 AM

Feb 2016
SoldusJK said:
Azumi-tei said:

A bunch of which is mistranslated. To start with, he said it happens "after the year 2000", not "2000 years later". He didn't talk about himself in the sock puppet account, and his insults was directed at people insulting S2, not at Tatsuki.

I don't see why would you want to defend a bully. You are not defending kemofure, you are defending a bad person who happened to work in something you liked, but is still a bad person who, for example wishes to make fun of the death of others:

(he did attack Tatsuki)

Also, there is no mistranslation. It was If still have doubts, do a simple twitter of "二千年 けものフレンズ" and read some of the tweets (assuming you know japanese). Some artists even played with that:

Translation:

[Kemofure2, last chapter]

Serval: See you again, Kaban-chan!
Kaban: Looks like I got the bad end this time again, uh?....

[Time-leap!!]

Kaban: How deep... I gotta fix it all these two thousand years from, the beginning again...
Serval: *Super attached and ready to follow her*

And finally: As I was writing this, Tv Tokio has removed him from anime production. His name is deleted from other proyects like Aikatsu, OnePunchMan: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190425-00000107-sph-ent

They didn't say it was a punishment, but "personnel changes", but anyways, glad to see some justice done.
Apr 25, 2019 6:51 PM
Sep 2017
Yeah well, he got what he deserved, but the year 2000 was still not quite what he said; mistranslation was a wrong word, mistranscription is more correct. It most certainly wasn't a 2000 year gap. They later clarified it somewhere.

Here's a discussion on it, anyway: https://www.reddit.com/r/KemonoFriends/comments/bez5oz/some_tidbits_about_kemono_friends_2_disclosed_in/
Apr 26, 2019 7:54 PM

Apr 2014
gotta say even though i was annoyed with the new mc and a the whole Kaban and Serval issue

still this season was ok mainly because of all the new friends and such though i do have to say i liked the first season a lot more cause i mean Kaban was just a lot better than this new mc

but even though i still liked season 2 i still wish we would have gotten the real season 2 that was suppose to happen before all the drama around the series happen

buuuut it is what it is and like i said it was a pretty nice watch though if they ever so make a season 3 Serval better get her memory back as that's one thing i want the most as it was something i was hoping was gonna happen in the end when she fell oh her head but lol of course not...

anyway am hoping for a season 3 with even more friends and hopefully Serval and Kaban can be together again

last thing though about this season 2 the main thing i hated the most besides the new mc was the what they did with Kaban and Serval how she lost her memory and how none of the other friends acted like the didnt remember her either except like a few but decided to say nothing but yeah if they would have just continued
from where it left off from S1 it would have been perfect hell if they would have just made Serval get her memory back and had gotten back with Kaban and even traveled with each other even with the new mc that would have been amazing but yeah if only

with that said im looking forward to the new mobile game to come out its something to have while i wait to see what they do with the series next
DazeFireApr 26, 2019 8:28 PM
"one step at a time"
Jan 22, 2021 11:02 PM
Apr 2017
What a wholesome ending!
Nov 5, 2021 4:51 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Beast and Domestic Dog. I don't like the idea that she's going to be alone for the rest of her life.

I also wanted Serval and Kaban to stay together. Well, maybe they'll go for adventures together in the future.

The first season was a masterpiece. It was much more charming and mysterious. The encounters with the Friends also felt more meaningful and interesting. I still liked this season as well, but it could have been a lot better.

Caracal, Kyururu and Serval such a cute trio. Hopefully Kaban will join them one day.

SerafosDec 24, 2023 9:27 AM
Oct 30, 2023 2:40 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Yep, this season 2 of Kemono Friends feels different. I've put this season on hold for 4 years!

Finally decided to continue watching it in order to finish this show for good. The first few episodes of this season were pretty weak and lackluster that's why I grew bored of watching this when it was airing weekly. Most of the Friends' designs were still absolutely adorable (with Cheetah being my top favorite since she's voiced by Kaori Mizuhashi which makes Cheetah even more awesome) and the animation was better. It's just that it was undeniably hard to connect with the new main characters.

Serval and Kaban as a tandem was irreplaceable for me and their chemistry was one of the things that made me love the 1st season of Kemono Friends. This season 2 tried, but it's just not on the same level as the first season. I'm still in disbelief that they had to cast aside Kaban as a side character and replaced her with Kyururu who was more bland of an MC. I'm even in more disbelief that Serval doesn't remember Kaban at all, like, how?

Because I still like the character designs, I'm still giving this one a 6/10 although I'm disappointed with what has become of this sequel. It doesn't look like the mysteries from season 2 were solved at all. Just more questions to ask and then the show is over.

Why did they butcher Kemono Friends like this? :/
Nov 13, 2023 2:04 PM

Jun 2019
LunyRem said:
I'm even in more disbelief that Serval doesn't remember Kaban at all, like, how?

She may have been eaten by a Cerulean again between the events of the first season and the beginning of the second season. That causes the Friends sometimes to lose their memory and/or revert to their full non-human animal, pre-Friend, non-anthropomorphized state (obviously this isn't the state of Serval here when she is reintroduced in the first episode of season two, but it is unclear when or how she escaped or how complete the process was).

At least, that's the in-universe reasoning. The real world "meta" reason is probably just because the new regime overseeing the anime which Kadokawa selected wanted to perform a hard reset and purge it of certain familiar elements, making season two appear as more of a soft reboot of the series (essentially starting it over from closer to scratch) than a direct continuation of the same exact series. More of a sequel that goes in a different direction than a true season two, in another words. As a final act of disrespect and middle finger flipping to the original director Tatsuki and all those who were fans of and loyal to his ideas and approach toward the show.

LunyRem said:
Why did they butcher Kemono Friends like this? :/

Why? Greed, arrogance, power-grubbing, the seemingly endless human capacity for completely needless spite, and in general, man's drive to dominate others and intolerance toward their fellow man.
WatchTillTandavaNov 13, 2023 2:08 PM
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 PM
Jan 2021
All I've heard the last 5 years is how this is the worst sequel in the history of anime and is the equivalent of throwing a can of paint on the Mona Lisa. Now I've finished it and have to ask: why? I loved it, every episode. What was everyone's problem with it? Rhetorical question - I'm not coming back to read replies a year from now to this lol. I think some people just take their cartoons about cute animal girls too seriously. I can see expecting a direct continuation from season 1 and being upset at not getting exactly that, but it gave us tons of new animals that were fun to see and a lot of cute moments. I really don't understand where all the hate is coming from. I'd have watched 10 more seasons of just them going around encountering new animals each week. It's sad this show got review bombed so hard the makers basically gave up on it because it still has a lot of potential. Between the two I would say season 1 was the better one but this was still fantastic.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 7 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Feb 25, 2019

17 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 2 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Jan 21, 2019

25 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

SakurakoMikage - Mar 8, 2023

3 by SakurakoMikage »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 11 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Mar 25, 2019

21 by Serafos »»
Nov 5, 2021 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.