Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2017 9:22 AM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
LeonLanford said:
Are you talking about episode 2? Haruto was never shown outside the dream world
I was thinking of episode 1 actually, the first instances where he woke up, got off his bed, looked outside of his window.. the fact that he didn't find the weird scenery outside of his window, well, weird, told me that's how it's supposed to look like in their world.

This is the first look we get of the world outside of his room in Episode 1, consistent with all the times we see out of it in later episodes (not many). Right before this, the view is dark, which goes away once Haruto touches the window. It acts like shades in that regard. Meaning that no, we have still never seen Haruto outside of the dream world except when he was in a coma.
kie_ said:
So they concluded the anime with some feminist shit...

Markdoka said:
The ones hating this anime are MOSTLY SJWs, yaoifags and Narutards. LUCKILY I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE DAMN SJWS, YAOIFAGS AND NARUTARDS bashing the show for being "too edgy" and "too un-PC".
Nov 28, 2017 9:55 AM

Jun 2011
LeonLanford said:
In episode 2, he spent most of time in the killer girl's room. He communicated with professor using the communicator.
I think even until the last episode, Haruto never learned what the professor's true face looks like

I may have been mistaken about it then, I thought for sure Haruto was with the prof. and then went to the killer girl's location. But still,

Decibelle said:

This is the first look we get of the world outside of his room in Episode 1, consistent with all the times we see out of it in later episodes (not many). Right before this, the view is dark, which goes away once Haruto touches the window. It acts like shades in that regard. Meaning that no, we have still never seen Haruto outside of the dream world except when he was in a coma.

This is the scene I am referencing, he woke up the first time I remembered in episode 1, got off his bed, walked around and looked outside of his window, but the cue is that he wasn't surprised, he thought he woke up, just to wake up again moments later doing the same thing.. If he wasn't surprised that means that the reality outside of his window that we saw resembles his reality, otherwise he would not have thought that he woke up.

Regardless of that, it's still disappointing that the outside world in his reality is similar to ours.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 28, 2017 10:14 AM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
This is the scene I am referencing, he woke up the first time I remembered in episode 1, got off his bed, walked around and looked outside of his window, but the cue is that he wasn't surprised, he thought he woke up, just to wake up again moments later doing the same thing.. If he wasn't surprised that means that the reality outside of his window that we saw resembles his reality, otherwise he would not have thought that he woke up.

Regardless of that, it's still disappointing that the outside world in his reality is similar to ours.

This indicates that despite this being our first introduction to Haruto, it's the second time he consciously remembers "waking up" in the dream world. This happens right after a panning shot of the clockwork-esque world outside of his room. It indicates to us that he's been stuck in this room, dreaming about this place with a clockwork world, which is very different to our world, which is way more typical:

As seen in Episode 11. If the intention was that Haruto's perspective saw the regular world in his dreams, his reaction wouldn't have been that he's still dreaming.
kie_ said:
So they concluded the anime with some feminist shit...

Markdoka said:
The ones hating this anime are MOSTLY SJWs, yaoifags and Narutards. LUCKILY I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE DAMN SJWS, YAOIFAGS AND NARUTARDS bashing the show for being "too edgy" and "too un-PC".
Nov 28, 2017 10:24 PM

Jun 2011
I just rewatched the first two episodes and you're right, I have no clue how I misremembered the details so badly, I thought Haruto woke up back to back but it was one time at the beginning of the episode, and another time at the end of the episode. I think I kinda mixed up the scenes from episode 1 and 2, I stand corrected. It's still disappointing though, there's so much more they could've done with the series, I liked the abstract style they were going with.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 21, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2016
I really liked the first 10 episodes, loved the mistery aspect. But the last 3 episodes were a real dissapointment IMO.... 7/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 23, 2018 10:07 PM
Jun 2016
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm. Eh-I-theh uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Sure?

Look Im gonna level here The ending was very Anti-Climatic However the series entire concept itself is very under used and there is a lot of philosophical theories put forth. I enjoyed the series in it's entirety. No The ending wasn't even Anti-Climatic it's just ummmmmmmmmmm uhhhhhhhhhh exists? Something? I don't know how to react to that ending. And Note me not knowing how to react to an ending has NEVER happened before.
Mar 20, 2019 2:43 AM

Apr 2017
Some episodes were good, but overall... Meh.

And who even was that doctor? What's the point of making him look all edgy and shit if he has no purpose?

buy mochi at the mochi store
and friends at the friend store

Feb 20, 2020 3:18 PM
Jan 2017
Welp this was the 1st "Random as hell" anime Ive been ever able to get through

Episodes 1-5 I liked for having a somewhat clear plot of Haruto being like a Rescuer for witch girls
Episodes 6-9 while visually unique and appealing, I disliked that there was lil to no plot it just seemed like 1-5 were better in comparision of how the girls are introduced and How Haruto approached them
the last episodes I really liked how it showed all the girls Haruto met banning together to find Haruto in real life. Mianly cause i thought they were never gonna show them trying to meet Haruto, so thats a plus in my book.
However, the "mystery" of the door of what lies beyond is alright but i hate that haruto had to friggin DIE because of it.
And furthermore SCREW that "brother" moment at the very end that just made things MORE confusing than they needed to be
So crummy ending aside, I give this anime an 8/10
Jun 6, 2020 1:03 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thats it! A bit sad and completely blank out, as knowing how Haruto decide to go with Eve like that. I mean, in one side its understandable why Haruto wanna do that. Because, yeah, he is too long to live, why he want to go to reality again? But the world of dream was a boredom to him. So he just simply wanna go some place new for the refreshment. Its simple to understand, thanks god to make it easy get it like that! On the another hand, it just give another girls a chance to move on. Since their harem master, a savior, her first love, or else, just gone and dumped their long long with such a nice lady like Eve. Obviously they need to move on to give them a resfreshment too!

Thats it my thought of this last episode. A bit dramatic, henceforth do a bittersweat like was not good at all. However, the execution was very nice, such as that conversation among the witches and Eve, and the last scenes with Haruto. Thats good, comparing how the other episode just give me a huge headache. With the way the storyline pacing, and how far the flowness goes til end, i believe my 8 points shall be enough for this little show.

Not so long, even the music give me chill every episodes. The decision to make every ED unique song make every episode impact so much to my feel. With that simple thing, i must show that good time i wasted a complete 8 for that.

Art was good. The characterization was okay since the completion felt like that way. I feel its good enough for the mind-blowing show like these. The art get my 6 to express my feeling. Then the 7 must be enough to complete my desire toward their characterization. Such a shame, this little show greet the art and animation so bad like that. Its only my complain for this show.

And then, my last sentence fall to enjoyment and the overall section. Its hard to give an explanations for this two. I can't help myself for saying that this series really got into my nervous sometime. However, its such a fun-ride to see how the story goes until its end. A bit exaggerating how the end just lead into some kind of mythology reality to give a solution. Somehow, it just nonsense and can't bring enough attachment for everything that happen. Once again, its obvious i still enjoying every episode. Had a laugh, smiling over a little drama, and else that i never knew what is that. With all of that, the enjoyment goes to 8 as well as the overall.

Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 6, 2020 11:53 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah this ending was trash not gonna lie... Well at least in my opinion 0_o They were building up a godlike fight but ended it wth a tea party. Seems like Haruto was Adam or did i just take it wrong? anyways this is not something i would watch again but i guess it wa a chill anime to watch
Nov 20, 2021 1:13 PM

Jun 2015
I expected and intense battle in the finale. This was a surprisingly very relaxing episode. I quite liked it.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 13, 2021 1:41 PM
Jan 2019
MAL just wasn't ready for 18if
Mar 2, 2022 1:17 PM

Mar 2010
Wow this was was a trippy harem anime. Wish I could enjoy this series but I sadly couldn't. Glad I am finished.
Mar 9, 2022 4:25 AM
Aug 2015
The best thing about that anime was the opening and 1,2 episodes.
The rest is just meh..
Can't decide about the rating, it's either 4/10 or 5/10 for me
Aug 26, 2023 7:00 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
What the ? It starts from the episode 7 and above that i don't understand what is happening and it feels like from episode 12 that the quality suddenly drop miserable and the ending made me confuse what is the meaning of this whole story
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 18if Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

67 by hrodebert99 »»
Sep 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » 18if Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

45 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:48 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2017

28 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:34 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:43 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

39 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.