Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 20, 2014 6:01 PM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed this anime quite alot. The animation was very very good throughout.
Sep 20, 2014 6:47 PM
Dec 2013
That ending was too be expected.

Though I'm not sure weather that ending implies that Hana and Daichi are dead and together, or if they landed back on earth and are alive.

Hana might even be dead but you don't know.

This anime has a lot of unanswered questions that still bug me.

If there is going to be an OVA, I'd watch it.
Sep 20, 2014 6:53 PM

Dec 2008
Not too bad for mindless entertainment. So much more could have been done with this final episode, though.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 20, 2014 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
In the end I gave it a 7 because Moco survived--although it was unclear just what happened to Amara (the "he left" comment just didn't make sense--I guess she'll have to go looking for him since it has been clear for some time that she's developed a lot of human feelings for him). While it's all nice and good that Hana and Daichi were saved by their Livelaster (I guess--though it's pretty damn confusing), we got zero development on Akari and Teppai. As I said the only reason this got a 7 is because I can see Moco serving food out of a truck, standing beside her beloved Amara, and feeling the wind in her face...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 20, 2014 7:26 PM

Jan 2014
mayukachan said:
Yeah I hope there's some kind of epilogue sequel/OVA. It needs it.
If I see Amara as a rocker just like in the Vita game, that's gonna be fun.

thelastgogeta said:

Captain Earth: Mind Labyrinth will release on February 26th 2015, it is a PlayStation Vita visual novel but should provide some answers along with original scenarios: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZC0OdRWR1A
I'm aware of the game. But I dunno if it will be a continuation or an alternate setting altogether. Also the fact it is a visual game coming to Japan for a console that I do not own, means I won't enjoy ANY of its material. So yeah..........I want a Post ending OVA '-'

Rigermortis said:
This is honestly the worst anime I have ever seen.

I don't think I have ever seen so much wasted potential used with so many good resources. After recently watching Eureka Seven and Noragami I was hoping for great things from this series. But I guess this goes to show you to stop hyping things up before they are released. We are currently looking up at the bottom of the barrel for bones, I really hope they can recover from this from what I've seen they took a really big hit from this shows failure and it kinda worries me cause I still really like other stuff I've seen from them.

But long story short this was humongous disappointment and glad that its finally over. Overall 3/10
I think people wanted a bit too much of Chaika and other series to appriecite this one properly, just saying. Well at least 2nd Chaika is coming soon, so that may appease some people here.

mayukachan said:

You appreciate everything. Good on you!
Why not? All people have different things to value. I for instance did not mind much of the story because I was fine with the animation, OST, the battles to an extent and most of it all the AMAZING Voice Cast (which was what really made me want to watch this in the first place).

It is all about what we percieve buddy.
Sep 20, 2014 7:28 PM

Feb 2008
This series didn't deliver in any aspect for me. Being a huge mecha fan, I'm even mostly disappointed at how boring the fights were for a 2014 series, even the final fight was weak as hell. At least I could excuse a mecha series for having a bad/poor plot and, or characters, if it has some satisfying fight scenes like i.e. Majestic Prince.

I'll spare listing every complaint I have about this series, this post would just turn out into a too much of a tl;dr, and others have already listed enough reasons why this series is just so damn right poor. But be glad CE, I hardly ever rate under 5, so I'll give you at least a 5 for poor effort.
Sep 20, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
Amara should be alive, only his ego block was destroyed. Heck, they might even be able to reconstruct them - they talked about that before. Unless the require someone with an ego block to do it.

Too bad we didn't get any real info on the Livlasters. How they ended up on Earth in the first place, their real motives etc.

And why they didn't simply put up a shield (Hana should be able to do so) or entangle-link out of there (the captain/the livlasters are able to)..and why Teppei didn't follow immediately (after getting Akari ofc., but that shouldn't take long).

Overall it was okay. The ending was more or less as expected, so yeah, it could have been done better, especially the first half of the series, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.
Sep 20, 2014 7:39 PM

Jul 2012
BGMaxie said:
Why not? All people have different things to value. I for instance did not mind much of the story because I was fine with the animation, OST, the battles to an extent and most of it all the AMAZING Voice Cast (which was what really made me want to watch this in the first place).

It is all about what we percieve buddy.

I was being serious, not sarcastic. I wish I could enjoy every show and give it a 10/10 but I'm too negative haha

Animation and OST were good for sure. Voice acting wasn't particularly spectacular and I'm only pointing this out because I care about seiyuu casting a lot. :P
Sep 20, 2014 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
NwAurion said:
Amara should be alive, only his ego block was destroyed. Heck, they might even be able to reconstruct them - they talked about that before. Unless the require someone with an ego block to do it.

Too bad we didn't get any real info on the Livlasters. How they ended up on Earth in the first place, their real motives etc.

And why they didn't simply put up a shield (Hana should be able to do so) or entangle-link out of there (the captain/the livlasters are able to)..and why Teppei didn't follow immediately (after getting Akari ofc., but that shouldn't take long).

Overall it was okay. The ending was more or less as expected, so yeah, it could have been done better, especially the first half of the series, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.
From what I understand to regenerate the Ego Blocks they need Siren AND The Cocoon (the subs do not mention this but when Amara explains this he does mention the Cocoon). Since the Siren Kiltgang is done for, not to say about The Cocoon I highly doubt any Ego Block can be regenerated. Though the key component is desire so I wouldn't know.

The Amara x Moco thing at the end was absolutely lovely to see (a lot more considering the seiyu ARE married irl). Amara is definitely alive, but he must be quite confused about all the events, I mean he was the most supremacist of the group, yet he chose to act on his human memories, so he must have quite the internal turmoil.

This series really needs an OVA D:

mayukachan said:

I was being serious, not sarcastic. I wish I could enjoy every show and give it a 10/10 but I'm too negative haha

Animation and OST were good for sure. Voice acting wasn't particularly spectacular and I'm only pointing this out because I care about seiyuu casting a lot. :P
Oh, I see. Well I do not see that often (I doubt I'm the only one here '-').

I'm gonna miss listening to Maaya Sakamoto and Kenichi Suzumura together. Dang it!!!!
Sep 20, 2014 8:14 PM
Oct 2010
NwAurion said:

Amara is alive, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he left because he was angry at the rest of them but still cared for mocco enough to take the blast for her. Remember the flash back when mocco was talking about the crepe truck and how fun it was and he was like "what?". That was probably to signify that he never actually cared about anything that he was doing on earth (unlike the rest of them) and as a result he was probably mad at the 180 everyone had about devouring the planet. At least that's how it came off to me.
Sep 20, 2014 8:30 PM

Jul 2012
BGMaxie said:
I'm gonna miss listening to Maaya Sakamoto and Kenichi Suzumura together. Dang it!!!!

Yeah, my IRL OTP xD Too bad they weren't very important in this show.
Sep 20, 2014 8:47 PM
Nov 2010
That was completely terrible.

I think they had a checklist of every single possible anime trope they could think of and tried to cram them all into 22 minutes.

I won't even try to list them for two reasons. One, everybody probably can spot every single one. Two, I would be wasting even more words talking about this anime than I already have.

I was waiting for it to get good, then for it to become decent, then acceptable, then please god don't tell me I've wasted 10 hours of my life on this crap. 10 hours, gone. For nothing.
Sep 20, 2014 8:48 PM

Aug 2010
I wouldn't go telling people you gotta see this, but I enjoyed it.

Sure the plot was a mess, and there was a lot of unnecessary garbage in there but I tend to think most mecha anime are ridiculous like that. In the end a very typical kids save the world via love and friendship, bad guys realize their errors, happy ending, etc... I mean it gave you what you expected and ended normally. No weird plot twists, betrayals, or tying to be edgy. Just blow up the bad guy, kiss the girl, and go home.
Sep 20, 2014 9:13 PM

Mar 2009
Who knew, all this time, Puck wanted to be trapped in a girl's body?

...I may have been one of the few to actually enjoy this show. Eureka Seven meets Star Driver. Then again, I'm also one of the few that enjoyed Star Driver.

Ending was clearly rushed, as I'm sure we were all expecting. Would have been nice to get some kind of epilogue too. There was barely any time left to do anything, though. Oh, well. Still enjoyed it overall.

See ya, Captain.

Also, never forget: belly button forte.
MormegilSep 20, 2014 9:16 PM
Sep 20, 2014 9:26 PM

Aug 2012
Mormegil said:

Puck does not lie.
Sep 20, 2014 9:32 PM

Aug 2014
I dont know why some of you guys got to be such jerks though. But, scrolling down each comment and it seems everybody was giving it a rating of 4's and 5's...
However, in my opinion it should be around 7 to 8 out of a scale of 10, since the anime excelled on something keeping me entertained lol I looked forward to the "story" each week and I feel happy that it ended on a good note. The characters are good, since I saw at least a little development on each character. The romance was a little slow, but towards the ending it just blew me away since Hana and the captain are now officially a couple. The music is great, the ending ost from the second half is very good. So again, this concludes just a summary of my review with a score of a 7.5 out of 10. Dont reply to this since I dont answer back lol have a great day!!!!
Sep 20, 2014 9:35 PM

Dec 2013
7/10
beginning was good until halfway through the story became fucked up and a huge trainwreck.
Visually/ Music was top notch 10/10.

Bones would rake in so much money with these animation if they had a decent writer and a decent production team that checks the story.

Anyways nice finale. Lots of action and twists.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Sep 20, 2014 9:37 PM

Jan 2009
im glad Hana survived thats all that matters lol
Sep 20, 2014 11:10 PM
Jan 2011
That was quite a good end.

VanishingKira said:
Honestly this show was just a fucking mess,managed to be equally to worse than Eureka Ao 3/10.

Will Bones ever make a mecha series right?

Now that offends me. This is hardly a mess. If I have to say the problem with this anime is that it lacks a soul not the fact that it has a poor structure. The writers should have more fun with it and they certainly did but ... I don't know...
KanameFujiwaraSep 20, 2014 11:14 PM
Sep 20, 2014 11:32 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah it really was a mediocre anime overall. At least it killed time.
Sep 20, 2014 11:49 PM
Sep 2014
This was not a good end and please do not call it a good end. It ended the same way Star Driver did. With no answers! What the hell happened?! Did Daichi and Hana die and went into the afterlife? Did Hana die and he lived? I will admit that the final battle was excellently done, but how it ended just ruined it for me.

I mean, I'm fine if the protagonist dies, as long as it was well done (Death Note is kind of a good example). Captain Earth ended better, but still damn similar to Star Driver. In Star Driver it does "I beat the bad guy and saved my friend! THE END" just like that, THE END. No questions asked, no answers, no epilogue. Captain Earth was somewhat like that, but it just left us wondering is Daichi and Hana dead or just taken into a dimension by their Livlaster? ENDINGS LIKE THAT WORSENS THE QUALITY OF ALL STORIES!

I will admit that Yōji Enokido writing has improved, but god he still sucks at writing mecha. Captain Earth was a roller coaster of liking and disliking it and it ended on the dislike. It had so much potentional but fucking Enokido had to ruin it. He can't write for shit and I hope to god that BONES will fucking fire him to save their face when it comes to the mecha genre.

I'm the OCD Giant Anime Robot Fan and I'm disappointed at wasted potential.
Sep 21, 2014 12:52 AM

Jul 2013
Well, it is an okay ending, but it felt like it could have gone better. My most complain about this is about how slow pace it is, the character development, and the execution was done poorly. The villains were pretty much annoying throughout the run and the last 3 episode or so episodes did not exceed my expectations.

Well I'm only compliment on the Art style. Bones can't do a properly good Mecha show tbh.

6/10.

Sep 21, 2014 1:36 AM

Sep 2013
Are they dead or did they survive? I am very confused because at the end it said.

"When I opened the door called truth, my childhood ended. It was a summer I could never forget."

I am assuming they died because of the explosion + Hana unable to live if the Blume was destroyed.
I think Hana and Daichi became part of the earth or became the livelaster because when the Blume exploded some blue lights have fallen through the earth and at the end Dachi saying " It's such a pretty galaxy... I love the view of space from this planet most of all." Hana saying "me too."

Or

That livelaster girl saved both of them.
trabeus1Sep 21, 2014 1:48 AM

Sep 21, 2014 1:56 AM

Mar 2014
Ordinary ending but at least that one piece of Sh*t die !!
Sep 21, 2014 2:17 AM

Dec 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Mormegil said:

Puck does not lie.

Oh but he does. Tsun-Tsun Puck was after Daichii's er.. "Livelaster"... the entire time. If you know what I mean ;)

Is it just me or did Daichii's kiss with Puck overshadow even his kiss with the real Hana at the end? I swear there should be some homo innuendos here somewhere.

In the end nothing was really explained properly.
Hana and Daichii's survival was neither confirmed nor denied. They could be two spirit particles floating on in space watching the stars in the universe light up for all we know. The expression on Akari's mother's face at the end was very deceptive and inconclusive (she was crying, but for sure not in joy).
Nor was the blue-haired girl at the beginning that led Daichii to Hana in episode 1 (and also showed up behind them in the last kiss) ever explained properly. For all we know, she is the bio-form of Daichii's Livelaster (I shudder to think of the implications of that since Daichii has been using that thing all the time, but I digress).

The only thing we know for sure is that Akari and Teppei survived, and the Earth was saved. The Planetary gears had their ego-blocks destroyed and now are just your average human beings with memories of being planetary gears. Amarok definitely has feelings for Mocco, but is angry with the rest of the gears that they had to sacrifice their immortality to destroy Puck, the tool they were suppose to use to absorb the Earth, but ended up being used by.

Overall, this show left me with a seriously unsatisfied feeling. I doubt anything other than confirmation from the director/author of this show about what exactly happened in the end will quell this feeling of dissatisfaction.
In ghetto terms: Seriously, what da fuk happened there, Brah?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 21, 2014 2:23 AM

Nov 2009
Not sure how did I manage to finish this until the end, was quite amazed with myself ...
Oh well, 4/10 and move on.
Sep 21, 2014 3:35 AM

May 2013
Oh. Hana became badass when Puck entered to her. So dark.

Ah finally, this show is over. Its potential got wasted because of its mediocrity. I want to know if the Kiltgang is still PG or not because their Ego Blocks got destroyed.

And how the heck Pitz is with the two at the end. The kissing scenes are good tho. No proper epilogue.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 21, 2014 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
SweetCoconut said:

And how the heck Pitz is with the two at the end.

on other forums they say that the blue haired little girl that gave livlaster to Daichi is pitz because they have thesame sky blue color

Sep 21, 2014 5:53 AM
Oct 2010
j0x said:
SweetCoconut said:

on other forums they say that the blue haired little girl that gave livlaster to Daichi is pitz because they have thesame sky blue color

What about the pink one then? Why would that one be with the leader of the gears?
Sep 21, 2014 6:01 AM

May 2013
j0x said:
SweetCoconut said:

And eyes?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE BONES.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 21, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2014
The scene where he said "I'm Captain Earth" and the music started, I legitimately got a chill in my body.

5/5

Sep 21, 2014 9:08 AM

Jun 2013
ell that was kinda boring
Sep 21, 2014 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
I actually liked this anime. sure it wasn't perfect, but it looked pretty and I had fun watching it:)
the ending was a bit disappointing though....BUT I was really happy when I heared that gorgeous first opening again.
I agree that this anime could have been better
7/10
Sep 21, 2014 11:46 AM
Oct 2010
BGMaxie said:
]I'm aware of the game. But I dunno if it will be a continuation or an alternate setting altogether. Also the fact it is a visual game coming to Japan for a console that I do not own, means I won't enjoy ANY of its material. So yeah..........I want a Post ending OVA '-'.

Of course you want a post ending OVA, but they always go for what they can afford or cash in on comfortably first.

+ Drama CDs (the limited edition game comes with four of em).
+ Games if approached by a publisher.
+ Movie which reuses animation from the show.
+ OVA.
+ Another TV serialisation.

OVAs are pretty low on my made up list as you can see.
Sep 21, 2014 11:57 AM
Nov 2012
Dojourei said:
The scene where he said "I'm Captain Earth" and the music started, I legitimately got a chill in my body.

5/5

Hearing the original opening theme and seeing the OTP together were the only good things about that ending.
Sep 21, 2014 3:16 PM

Jan 2014
thelastgogeta said:
BGMaxie said:
]I'm aware of the game. But I dunno if it will be a continuation or an alternate setting altogether. Also the fact it is a visual game coming to Japan for a console that I do not own, means I won't enjoy ANY of its material. So yeah..........I want a Post ending OVA '-'.

Of course you want a post ending OVA, but they always go for what they can afford or cash in on comfortably first.

+ Drama CDs (the limited edition game comes with four of em).
+ Games if approached by a publisher.
+ Movie which reuses animation from the show.
+ OVA.
+ Another TV serialisation.

OVAs are pretty low on my made up list as you can see.

Wouldn't OVA come first before Movie? After all Movies take A LOT more effort and resources than an OVA.
Sep 21, 2014 4:29 PM
Oct 2010
BGMaxie said:

Wouldn't OVA come first before Movie? After all Movies take A LOT more effort and resources than an OVA.

Depends, I'm specifying that the movie uses 70%-90% (made up percentage) of the animation from the TV series with some new cuts or a different ending though. RahXephon's movie (an awful watch imo, follow the show instead) or the upcoming Attack on Titan movies.

A fully original movie like any of One Piece's ones (even the ones that rehash from arcs which were already told) would need a lot more new resources and at the bottom of the list though I really think the only things with a "slight" chance of happening for Captain Earth at least at the things I already listed. That said, I haven't looked at how the merchandise, Bluray and such have been doing. The game may be a sign that Bandai Namco perceived it as a hit worth cashing in on.

My list is far from perfect, but I have yet to see or hear of an OVA which literally rips animation from the source material, so that's the order I'm sticking with for now.
Sep 21, 2014 5:39 PM

Jan 2014
thelastgogeta said:

My list is far from perfect, but I have yet to see or hear of an OVA which literally rips animation from the source material, so that's the order I'm sticking with for now.
Pardon me, but I still do not get how that implies that an OVA would be harder to do than a movie.
Sep 21, 2014 8:20 PM
Nov 2013
Decent finale, although super predictable. The kiss was very cute though.

5/10. I had high hopes for this series, but was let down in the end. I love Bones, but Captain Earth was not good
Sep 22, 2014 2:05 AM

Dec 2008
A big step better than Eureka Seven AO, the chemistry between characters was very good and less political chaos. I liked that this show put some focus on the so called villains and gave them meaningful screen time. The couples were cute, but there should have been more time for that actually.

The 25 episodes were a bit short for everything in the end, but overall it was a good, solid anime with great characters. I loved it and I'm somehow sad it's over now.

Here it got some really bad feedback, does someone know how the Japanese audience felt about the show?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2014 8:05 AM

Sep 2010
Series started off great then halfway through I stopped caring pretty much. 6/10

I like evil Hana better dang she was hot
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 22, 2014 11:58 AM
Mar 2014
Nyanpasuu said:
I may have simply missed something when watching, but what was with that person behind Daichi and Hana in the end? Could someone explain to me who that was again? I know we saw them somewhere else in the series.

it's daichi livelaster
Sep 22, 2014 11:58 AM
Mar 2014
did they died????????????
Sep 22, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2009
RodrigoL said:
did they died????????????

Daichi along with Hana jump or use entangle link to go to earth so both of them survived

only mystery left is what is Pitz, is that thing the livlaster or the blue girl that gave livlaster to Daichi or possibly even given livlasters to all of them
Sep 22, 2014 6:11 PM

Jun 2007
-Resident- said:

Nyanpasuu said:
I may have simply missed something when watching, but what was with that person behind Daichi and Hana in the end? Could someone explain to me who that was again? I know we saw them somewhere else in the series.

That was Daichi's Livlaster in human form.

If I didn't read this online, I would not have figured this out myself without watching the series again. Now that you've mentioned it, I recall seeing that girl when he first got his Livlaster, so it makes sense.
Sep 22, 2014 8:13 PM

May 2014
So even in the end Akari doesn't gain a Livraster, and Flare Engine (big form) ends up being used in ONLY ONE FIGHT oO

Kinda liked the kiltgangs actions and the fact that Earth Engine couldn't resist it's own power output.

I like not-so-happy endings more than this normal everybody-happy, but what really make me mad was the way Akari was useless in this last fight, not even as a powerup plot device for Teppei. >.<

I think they REALLY needed a final Amara-Moko scene u.u
Sep 22, 2014 8:18 PM

May 2014
SweetCoconut said:
j0x said:

And eyes?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE BONES.

But what of Lappa (pink Pits)? Hana's Livraster ?
Sep 23, 2014 7:09 AM

Apr 2013
Watching 3 last episodes in one sitting reminds me of Star Driver and in the end, nothing special. Still an awesome series though.
Sep 23, 2014 7:51 AM
Oct 2007
A cliche but sastifying last episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2014 8:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Dojourei said:

Best part in the episode. Believer's High is such a great song. That and Kayano Ai's evil voice was cool, I love her voice acting in this episode. But the last episode overall was...yeah, cheesy. Wasn't too surprised that for some reason the kiltgangs became on the good side, to feel the wind I guess. Puck wasn't really a great antagonist either. At least the very last scene looked beautiful, the part where Daichi has Hana in the princess hold and then the starry sky in the background.

Marzan said:
And so it ends. Nostalgia mecha designs, pretty art, animation and character design cannot overcome a weak story and generic characters. It's a shame because it really looks pretty.

Bones. You're a good studio, You can make some gorgeous looking colorful stuff. But for the love of God stop releasing mecha series until you have a good, tight script that has some interesting characters, and that doesn't have to rely on mumbo/jumbo to keep the story going.

Agreed, such a waste of pretty visuals. After hearing about Star Driver and now this, I'm not sure if I want to watch another Bones mecha anime again.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

37 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.