Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Feb 1, 2:37 PM
Mar 2021
mind blowing!!!!
Mar 14, 1:05 PM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
PEAKLAND SAGA

MASTERPIECE OST

THORFINN KARLSEFNI THE GOAT

This is my favourite scene out of everything that this arc has to offer and seeing it in this adaptation, I can say that it's flawless.
Thorfinn has become such a selfless individual, though he lived his past 4 years as a slave, he does not forget the kindness and the second chance that he has been given to live anew and find a new reason to look forward to. For that he'd go as far as taking a beating of 100 hits for the slim chance of being able to talk to Canute who may not even agree to his request in the first place.

Nevertheless... The greatest quote of the this season still remains...
"You are not my enemies... I have no enemies."

Such is the growth of Thorfinn who has come so far these past 4 years. The same can be said of Canute. If anything, you could say these two men are parallel to one another, they have their own grand dream of a paradise on Earth. Thorfinn's being Vinland and Canute's being the transformation of North Europe into his utopia. Same goals with different executions.
Jun 24, 11:57 PM

Jul 2016
If only Thors could see the man Thorfinn had become. Pure goosebumps, man.

Canute's speech was metal too but commanding waves to stop looked chuunibyou af out of context lmao
Jul 4, 3:25 PM
Mar 2019
Einar giving it to the King.
Aug 3, 1:56 AM
Mar 2021
"Um guerreiro de verdade não precisa de espada"
-Thors

Thorfinn deixou isso bem claro nesse episódio
Sep 14, 9:49 PM
Apr 2024
I just wanted to say that this might be the best episode of anime that I've watched in my life.
Oct 4, 8:57 AM

Jun 2015
I hate this episode. I hate it so much. This kind of garbage only works cause Thorfinn is the main character with superhuman strength and endurance. A Jomsviking that can't even throw a 100 punches?????!!!!! WTF. How is Thorfinn still able to talk after all that? A lot of writers think that any wound not make it a sharp object isn't a serious wound. In reality, a single punch is often more than enough to settle any fight. This magical "trick" Thorfinn has to turn his head a little doesn't work when the soldier follows through and neck can't turn anymore. This is just glorified pandering fantasy. Any real human being would be dead right now. Any. It doesn't matter how big or small. I can't believe the author decided to at this important moment to turn this into a shounen. "I can't hit you cause I just met you. I don't hate you" What?! He just hit you! What do you mean you have no reason to hit him back?! Is the author really telling everyone to live like a victim and when someone hits you, just take it silently. Thanks dude. That's exactly what I'll tell every woman that gets beaten by her husband. "Just take it. You have no reason to hate him." 0/5 first half. The second half was pretty good.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

385 by brkodrk »»
Oct 13, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2023

198 by D4C_1 »»
Oct 11, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2023

511 by brkodrk »»
Oct 8, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

509 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Oct 8, 5:54 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2023

238 by phantom346 »»
Oct 4, 8:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.