Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 2, 2021 5:51 AM

Sep 2010
Watching the first episode reminded me of the manga “Nina-san no Mahou Seikatsu“
Jun 18, 2021 5:28 AM

Aug 2018
The animation was great!! Pretty wholesome story too!! I think I'm gonna love this series.
Jul 12, 2021 10:39 PM

Apr 2009
I thought the first lesson was humility so that one should be responsible in using your powers, with-great-powers-comes-great-responsibilities sort of thing.

Maybe we'll see her teacher again on her travels in the future? That will be interesting.

Oh man, I felt sad for his father who was crushed that she was leaving so soon, but hey it's adventure time!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 15, 2022 4:20 PM

Jun 2020
Elaina has a beautiful character design and art style might as well follow up the cute name while you're at it

Looks like it was a generic slice of life ish kind of vibe till the action starts that caught me off guard and again might be the actual turning point of the anime if they mainly focus on battles but still off to a great start

She has a lot to learn but 4 years later she's starting her journey outside the woods and off to a great start.
Mar 27, 2022 1:22 PM
Sep 2007
That was some harsh training there. Good thing the teacher witch explained herself instead of being mean for the sake of being mean, as if being rejected from apprenticeship by every other witch for no reason wasn't depressing enough.

I was expecting to be another CGDCT like "Little Witch Academia", but it seems to be a little deeper than that. Or I hope so.
Apr 28, 2022 12:36 PM

Jan 2020
This was a pretty good introduction, and it gives me a lot of hope for what might come. There was a good mix of humor, action, and drama. So I'm optimistic.

Fran's numerous chores came off more ridiculous than anything though. I was actually laughing when she asked Elaina to get a spider from the bathroom -- amazing.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 25, 2022 5:06 AM
Sep 2021
It was a decent start to the series, Elaina became a witch at the end of the episode and she is the Ashen witch, looking forward to how the series unfolds.

I give this episode 5/10.
Jun 5, 2022 7:18 PM

Aug 2018
Fafette said:
I didn't at all know what to expect, but it turned out being quite good ! Eleina's relationship with her teacher was so sweet (too bad we won't see more of it in a while). I also truly appreciated Eleina's crying scene, because of how real it felt. I could really feel Eleina's emotionalexhaustion here.
That's a promising start ! I'll probably put it on hold though, I have too many shows in my watch list and I don't like to wait before watching an episode, but I'll definitely get back to it.
Very funny her mother told her not to be full of herself and then she end the episode by saying she is the most beautiful witch out there. LOL my question to you is she this sassy in the rest of the episodes or she plain vanilla.
Jun 6, 2022 1:15 AM

Feb 2020
Guts-Valley said:
Fafette said:
I didn't at all know what to expect, but it turned out being quite good ! Eleina's relationship with her teacher was so sweet (too bad we won't see more of it in a while). I also truly appreciated Eleina's crying scene, because of how real it felt. I could really feel Eleina's emotionalexhaustion here.
That's a promising start ! I'll probably put it on hold though, I have too many shows in my watch list and I don't like to wait before watching an episode, but I'll definitely get back to it.
Very funny her mother told her not to be full of herself and then she end the episode by saying she is the most beautiful witch out there. LOL my question to you is she this sassy in the rest of the episodes or she plain vanilla.

Just putting a spoiler tag in case other people don't want to know (it's not a real spoiler but just to make sure) :
Jun 6, 2022 1:23 AM

Aug 2018
Fafette said:
Guts-Valley said:

Just putting a spoiler tag in case other people don't want to know (it's not a real spoiler but just to make sure) :
Yea I don't considered characters trait a spoiler but yea the only girl mc that i remember that was so full of herself was Ichiko from "Good Luck Girl!" would be great if she was that bad LOL

Jun 14, 2022 11:25 PM

Jul 2021
The start of the whole witch adventure begins now! Not a bad episode and visual looks nice here.
Aug 28, 2022 10:00 AM
Jan 2021
Was a nice introduction
Sep 12, 2022 7:36 AM
Nov 2021
Eu ouvi dizer que mais pra frente melhora, já gostei desse início. É relaxante ele, continuarei.
Oct 22, 2022 8:50 PM

Jun 2020
the art style is so pretty!
such a heartfelt ending ^^
i heart cats

Oct 30, 2022 10:07 PM
Nov 2019
extralie said:
This was actually better than I thought it would be, and I already have high expectation, since some people hyped.

Although, I would say this I understand what the parents were trying to do, but the way they did it was just awful. They pretty much just paid a random witch to teach their kid a lesson(a lesson that she should learn naturally), which she accomplished by beating the shit out of their kid.

Okay Thank you- I came to this thread looking for a comment acknowledging what her parents did was cruel.

I was so shocked when that happened. One month of chores and having her wishes ignored is already sucky, but beating her up that much just to say “you’re not special” is so weird to me. Elaina was even afraid she was going to be killed for a minute. There are ways to teach humility to a child without going that far. I can’t imagine paying someone to treat my kid like that. Her parents didn’t even try to just talk to her before doing this?? Like, “you’ve worked really hard and that’s great. But we’re all just people, we are equal. There is always someone stronger, smarter, or more skilled than you at something. We should learn from each other and not put each other down.” Like just off the top of my head.

I know it’s just a show but I really didn’t like that message at all. I would just talk to her and then if she ignores the lesson- yea she would end up learning it on her own. No need to go that far

(Also comically late response lol, I just watched this)
Nov 22, 2022 10:35 PM
Oct 2022
Elaina chan is perfect
Dec 12, 2022 11:26 AM
Dec 2022
It's written "Elana" instead of "Elaina"
Jan 29, 2023 9:16 PM

Feb 2013
charming story and fantastic visuals
<-click
Mar 25, 2023 5:42 AM
Jan 2023
very calming anime

Apr 2, 2023 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
girl is cute but story is cringe.
May 31, 2023 7:40 AM

Dec 2022
I know the lesson they were trying to teach her was that failure is real and she should be humble. But i think the most important part is learning not to be taken advantage of.
Jun 24, 2023 12:09 PM

Aug 2019
Bro it felt like this episode went by in an instant 0_0 It was pretty good though! I already love Elaina and how she worked hard to become a witch and travel the world, and man that crying scene actually kinda made my soul die a little LOL

Hope we get to see Fran again later on 😊
Aug 2, 2023 9:51 AM
Mar 2018
Her parents seem like horrible people. Sweet and supportive on the outside but more than willing to pay a stranger to abuse and demoralize her to crush her dreams and make her stay home.

I don't buy the forgiveness and heartfelt goodbyes at the end. It feels like she would have been better off striking out on her own and learning for herself how to tell when someone is deceiving her, rather than staying with people she already knew lied to her and tried to crush her dreams.
Jan 13, 10:32 AM
Jan 2024
good start sort of weird bu ti likes it anywaays :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Mar 28, 9:43 PM

Dec 2022
she was a damned good teacher
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Feb 2023
Nah...those parents did her dirty...so sad watching a cute anime girl have a mental breakdown
Jun 12, 1:27 PM
Oct 2020
Ok I like it. Solid start. Pretty good first episode. We got some character development already. So those witches at first all slammed the door because she's too talented or what?
Jul 26, 6:45 PM
Oct 2020
Basic ahh 12-epped anime
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

247 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Oct 5, 3:24 AM

» about why elaina doesnt help people

asalkur - Dec 25, 2023

33 by Avicebrons »»
Oct 1, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

176 by trulyadmirable »»
Aug 25, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

187 by ErnstLindemann »»
Jul 27, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

406 by MrWhite39 »»
Jul 7, 11:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.