Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2013 3:03 AM

Jun 2008
Ajunky said:
Ragix said:
So what exactly makes a demon a demon? The horns were fake, so now she just looks like a normal, hot, voluptuous woman!
Makes you wonder doesn't it? If the hero has fought countless of demons he should know if they have real horns of not.

So either they don't have horns (which would not explain his surprise at her's being fake) or she's the rarity that doesn't have them. (Or most likely I'm just overthinking)

I'm just going to say that there are many clans and "races" of demons.
kaimaxJan 5, 2013 3:20 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 5, 2013 3:49 AM

Nov 2012
the art of their eyes were different, i really noticed that its really round much different from other animes, btw it's unique, and i think it's great too

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Jan 5, 2013 3:59 AM
Jun 2008
Ajunky said:
I just thought it was a challenge to see who made the more absurd comparison.
well, people say its same with S&W because the VA is similar.I think S&W is more focus between religion and human instead of the concept of hero and demon . Its just first episode, so I might change my mind as it goes . I might even say that this Anime is similar to Ixion Saga DT because both MC are DT and the prime evil for both Anime related to ED(Kamiya Hiroshi), just hope that young businessman is not antagonist for this Anime. xD

Here a small summary of the Hagure Yuusya of why I think both Anime is a bit similar, (trying to recall what I remember from the hentai anime lol )
When Akatsuki visit The king demon palace. Her father knew that the war won't stop till all the blood from the Demon king family are dead, so he entrust her daughter(Miu) to Akatsuki along with his own death. He wanted her daughter to be free and to see more of the world beyond the palace.
Both Miu and Mao has big melon also ( ゚д゚)
Jan 5, 2013 4:10 AM

Sep 2008
This was pretty dope.

I hated the boob animation but I'm interested enough to keep watching. It's kind of annoying how the girl is all over the main guy even though they just met. But maybe there is some good reason for it.

The horns coming off was great. I did a mental facepalm, but in a good way.

Will keep watching.
Jan 5, 2013 4:24 AM

Feb 2012
The show's concept is fairly new to me. I have to admit that this show's premise was well done. The character designs, art/s, sound/s and animations were pretty dope.

The only thing that I observed was it's like Campione tho i only finished about 2 episodes of it but the atmosphere is i think the same. I think that's just me tho.
Jan 5, 2013 4:34 AM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
Here a small summary of the Hagure Yuusya of why I think both Anime is a bit similar, (trying to recall what I remember from the hentai anime lol )

Problem with the similarity with Hagure things. that happened in Hagure, never happened in Maoyu, that's why most of use was like "What?"

Jan 5, 2013 4:55 AM

Mar 2012
I cannot really judge this anime seeing at its only the first episode but it seems really promising. I like the premise of this and the concept behind it even tough its set in a world of human and demons the way things work in there world is practically identical of how reality really functions, How one effect would lead to another, and i have to agree with the Demon king wars have just a positive effect on nations and people just as they have negative effects, just as the opposite is true for peace, Well im just hoping it remains good

By the Way when now that im thinking about it the others are right it this dose seem to have a similarity with S&W which i also loved mayby its another reason why i am starting to enjoy this.

For now all i can say is Give it a chance and we will see how it will go on
Jan 5, 2013 5:29 AM

Sep 2010
Hmmmm..... Seems interesting A demon king x hero....... Will continue to watch....
Jan 5, 2013 5:32 AM

Dec 2012
Looks interesting.

Jan 5, 2013 5:40 AM

Sep 2011
keigomass said:
lindsayzzz said:
Great episode. Very interesting and hilarious at times. Really giving me Spice and Wolf vibes, didn't even know that Maou and Yuusha are both voiced by Holo and Kraft's VA as well. xD

It doesn't end there. Both Spice and Wolf's director and screenwriter, Takeo Takahashi and Naruhisa Arakawa are involved in this one as well. I have a feeling we'll have many of those vibes during the show! :)
Furthermore Arai Akino doing the ED who also sung the OP for the second season of Spice and Wolf.
Jan 5, 2013 5:43 AM

Apr 2011
Maou and Yuusha are such a cute couple.
Jan 5, 2013 5:57 AM
Feb 2012
I really enjoyed the first episode. I've been looking forward to the adaptation for some time and in my opinion it was a solid start.

Looking forward to next week. =)
Jan 5, 2013 6:01 AM

Aug 2011
Mmm the Demon King, must resist! Her first impression was so cute and unexpected. I was happily surprised when she took her horns off and her memory with the hug pillow was hilarous! I wasn't aware that the same seiyuus voice them but I immediately got the same feeling as I did with S&W. It's warm, sweet and a reassuring experience.

First impressions, I really like it so far.
Jan 5, 2013 6:12 AM
Aug 2012
An interesting anime and i hope it will do well too bad its only 12 episodes...+ art is nice so i will keep an eye on this one.
Jan 5, 2013 6:28 AM

Apr 2009
"Be mine, Hero!"

"I refuse!!"

Gah, the meeting of Hero and Demon Queen was unexpectedly adorable! Even more than what I had already seen from one of the manga adaptations. The art for the anime actually works for me.

The voice acting was top notch. Especially for the two mains. Jun Fukuyama and Ami Koshimizu FTW. Good job ARMS, for an excellent first episode. It exceeded my expectations.
Jan 5, 2013 6:34 AM

Dec 2010
Great first episode. It might not be for everyone due to the explanation of economics, war etc but I find it awesome. I just hope they keep it serious and don't provide any fanservice. The explanations on all this is one of its charms this type of anime doesn't need any fanservice or complicated romance in it. So I hope it stays true to its roots.

Lol thats basically a marriage proposal Mao gave xD and hero accepted. :D
AlmazHiroJan 5, 2013 6:42 AM
Jan 5, 2013 7:51 AM

Apr 2011
Why can't busty ladies approach me like that. I'd hit it immediately
Jan 5, 2013 8:10 AM

Aug 2010
Despite the fact that I like my girls modest-breasted, I found "ruby-eyes" damn cute. Dunno where this story goes, but for now, I shall see for myself.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 5, 2013 8:21 AM

Nov 2012
The similarities this anime has with Spice & Wolf is a plus in my book.

For a 1st episode , I enjoy it though its hard to judge anything right now but for the art and music..... the art and character models seem to blend in well with each other like an ancient portrait.

Music fits the theme that the story takes place in with me liking both the OP & ED song.

So far all green ^^
Jan 5, 2013 8:29 AM

Jun 2012
Great first episode. I initially thought it would be like a joke from what the synopsis sounded like and the picture, but I was fortunately wrong.
I knew I recognized his voice- It's Yuuta from Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! Makes sense the Dark Flame Master will help the Demon King.
5/5.

Jan 5, 2013 8:41 AM

Apr 2011
Haha. We got Lelouch x Kallen right here. The moment the narration started, I was immediately hit with a wave of "I've heard this voice before" feeling. At first I thought it was Erza, only to find out it was Kallen. Then I heard Fukuyama Jun. Just my opinion, but I think Jun's deep voice is a bit of a mismatch with our hero.

On to the episode, the episode I watched, for some reason, had no subs, but thanks to my somewhat understandable knowledge of the Japanese language (plus the body interactions) I got the brief idea of what happened.

The episode was very well animated imo and I especially liked the CGI parts for the background. Most of the time, CGI in anime seems to come off as a awkward, but this one worked well. The fanservice was nice, despite coming off as bit forced. The comedy parts were also very well handled (it seems Onna Kishi has no tits).

From my understanding, the war is necessary for the survival of humans, however the humans absolutely cannot win. Wonder why I've been finding this idea "that humans are bad for nature" a bit too common nowadays (or is it?).

The opening was very catchy and I fell in love with it immediately. The ending, while very nice to listen to, paled in comparison to the opening, though.

Overall, a 9/10. Probably gonna watch till the end.
Jan 5, 2013 9:05 AM

Dec 2012
LOL! it's that the voice of dark flame master?
Jan 5, 2013 9:32 AM

Jul 2010
It's indeed kinda similair to Spice and Wolf.I will even say that i enjoyed this more than first episode of SaW.It had really an original feeling to it, main characters are great, just as their seiyuus.Some funny moment etc.In overall i think it was an great first episode!.Of course lets not forget about plot tho, i love how they made a pairing of Yuusha and Maou.Cant wait to see what happens next.

4/5 and ED is awesome.
Jan 5, 2013 9:40 AM

Jun 2010
I'll give it one or two more tries to see if I'll continue or not. One episode won't give the whole feel of an anime. I'm not saying it wasn't good, it was definitely a great introduction with a good plot and characters, but I just don't feel like it's my kind of show. After looking through the comments, I saw people saying there was going to be a lot more to this show so I'm hoping I like it. Seems like a good anime.

Just... I wish... the breasts were a little less... bouncy... x_X;; Fanservice. >_<
Jan 5, 2013 10:40 AM

Jun 2012
YEAH ARMS YOU GIVE ME THAT USELESS FANSERVICE
3/5 this should have been show of the season but ARMS
ARMS
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jan 5, 2013 10:45 AM

Oct 2012
Regicide said:
ARMS

It's been stated already that the manga and/or novel had lots of fanservice, so it's not really the studio's fault here (basing this purely off people who said that they have read it.)

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 5, 2013 10:49 AM

Jan 2010
Why do I get Spice and Wolf vibes from this show?

Also.........there was a lot of meat......lots of meat.
Jan 5, 2013 10:49 AM

Sep 2011
Tavor said:
Regicide said:
ARMS

It's been stated already that the manga and/or novel had lots of fanservice, so it's not really the studio's fault here (basing this purely off people who said that they have read it.)

Yup

Deal with it fanservice gripers
Jan 5, 2013 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
I really enjoyed this 1st episode, funny & interesting, really hope it gets more interesting each episode. Good concept about war too.

Also, from the way Maou acts, the demons could very well be humans, like a different race or from our time right now,since she said things about economy & stuff.
Signature
Jan 5, 2013 11:07 AM

Dec 2011
Kind of liked the first ep, looking forward to see more.
Jan 5, 2013 12:24 PM

Oct 2008
Breasts the size of watermelons bouncing around like beach volleyballs.
Not funny, generic plot, characters with less personality than a rock covered with moss...
Dropped!
Jan 5, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2011
This anime was great. Great environment and animations.
The OP and ED were good
The characters are very entertaining especially the Demon King and her boob effect lol.
Can't wait until the next episode.
Jan 5, 2013 12:37 PM
Dec 2012
Good one. Yes, it's similar to Spice & Wolf in some respects, but then lots of today's anime are similar to others. Since S&W was unique, I didn't imagine there would be a similar one. I wonder if it is an homage to S&W. Also, those who love fantasy such as Record of Lodoss War might enjoy this show. Since I like both S&W and RoLW, I'm beginning to like this series as well. If this anime had been made before S&W and RoLW, I might have been impressed much more though. 6/10
Jan 5, 2013 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
Omniknight said:
Not funny, generic plot, characters with less personality than a rock covered with moss...
Dropped!

Generic Plot? It's actually quite different from what you see now a days. You can compare this show to Spice and Wolf except this has more service.
Jan 5, 2013 1:03 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Dark Flame Master XD
Jan 5, 2013 1:19 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not bad first episode. The setting was interesting and I loved the art and the backgrounds in general, there's kind of a watercolour texture to them that I like.

The Demon Kings cleavage could have been half the size and still been pretty impressive.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 5, 2013 1:25 PM

Jul 2011
Tyrel said:
Omniknight said:
Dropped!

Generic Plot? It's actually quite different from what you see now a days. You can compare this show to Spice and Wolf except this has more service.

Yep, call it "generic" is quite silly. I'd call the characters a bit generic (especially the lead male), but the setting is kinda interesting. Kinda didatic too, but I dug that since I'm not good with economics (which reminds me that I should rewatch some arcs of Spice and Wolf).

But then... I'm not really impressed by this ep. It was not bad, but not an amazing start.

Art: Liked the art for the sceneries, really colorful and vivid. Character design seemed a bit generic, but is somewhat colorful too.

Animation: ...Yeah, they really worked hard in the breasts physics. Liked some camera uses, but I still need to get used to the CG background people (it was CG, right?)

Plot: As I said is didatic, but that doesn't really bother me. The way they showed other places and characters while Maou explained the economic concepts helped the pacing. I'm curious of how they will expand all the macroeconomics talk and how the Demon's world works.

Characters: Now, the part that turned me off in the episode. Maou is ok up to now, but Yuusha... Oh God not another bland lead with silly lines and behavior of a immature teenager towards women - wasn't he supposed to be a great hero? Seriously, I was expecting a more mature character in this role.
Also, their chemistry seems meh at first. Yuusha seems too easily convinced by Maou, so their "contract" felt a bit forced. Also, jokes were hit-or-miss.

And well, that's it. I'm worried of how this will play out since uninteresting characters can drag down any good setting, but seems like we'll see more of the cast soon. For now is a 6/10.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Jan 5, 2013 3:00 PM

Nov 2008
Detachable horns and ancient dakimakuras? I'm in.
Also, give me Spice and Wolf 3 nao.
Jan 5, 2013 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
Decent. Animation is pretty nice but the constant jiggling of jugs is distracting and I'm not a fan of fanservice in the first place. Characters...There's only two so far but I'm alright with them. They're kind of cute together. Plot seems okay. It's kind of boring and interesting at the same time. OP/ED are good.
3/5. Since it's only getting 12 episodes, I'm following it for sure.

VAs: Jun Fukuyama. I felt that "Dark Flame Master" voice come in as well! Yayy.
Jan 5, 2013 3:26 PM

Mar 2012
somewhat i liked, the narrating style is different, that's interesting,
and women are powerful and dangerous creatures.
Jan 5, 2013 3:30 PM

Jun 2008
Mary_Vanucchi said:

Characters: but Yuusha... Oh God not another bland lead with silly lines and behavior of a immature teenager towards women - wasn't he supposed to be a great hero? Seriously, I was expecting a more mature character in this role.

Because the Yussha is just "great" for his Fighting skills, in terms of personality he's as innocent as a virgin, And all of his life he was treated as a noble and was filled with doctrines from high politicians and religious human figures. He was raised as a "Great Yuusha" without world experience.

He is mature, but Maou's personality was a curveball to his beliefs.

There's honestly one scene that was omitted, probably from time restraints, that really pushed Yussha's beliefs to the wall. Which is, the fact that Yussha is not a soldier but an assassin for the kings of the human world.
kaimaxJan 5, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 5, 2013 3:58 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting. A pretty good start actually! Looking forward to more economics. But... I already notice some fallacies.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 5, 2013 4:51 PM

Jul 2011
kaimax said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:

Characters: but Yuusha... Oh God not another bland lead with silly lines and behavior of a immature teenager towards women - wasn't he supposed to be a great hero? Seriously, I was expecting a more mature character in this role.

Because the Yussha is just "great" for his Fighting skills, in terms of personality he's as innocent as a virgin, And all of his life he was treated as a noble and was filled with doctrines from high politicians and religious human figures. He was raised as a "Great Yuusha" without world experience.

He is mature, but Maou's personality was a curveball to his beliefs.

There's honestly one scene that was omitted, probably from time restraints, that really pushed Yussha's beliefs to the wall. Which is, the fact that Yussha is not a soldier but an assassin for the kings of the human world.

Hm, I understand. But then I can help but think that the manga did a better job with the introduction while the anime lacked a bit (a single scene would make some difference, I guess).

But I'll give time to the anime grow more. Maybe I'm being picky since it's hard to avoid the comparisons with Spice and Wolf.

Ah yeah, forgot to add before: am I the only one that didn't like the OP too much? The visuals are really good, but the song turned me off. Disliked the voice.
ED is completely fine, though.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Jan 5, 2013 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
I'm actually enjoying this despite the bouncy bouncy.
The horns coming off really got me xD
Jan 5, 2013 5:19 PM
Nov 2010
If SW is on microeconomics, MY is more on the macro side. And if SW romance is on teasing and the up & downs of romance, MY is about underlying trust. Like the Comp Ace character design more than this manga version being adapted though....
Jan 5, 2013 5:36 PM

Apr 2009
potplant said:
If SW is on microeconomics, MY is more on the macro side. And if SW romance is on teasing and the up & downs of romance, MY is about underlying trust. Like the Comp Ace character design more than this manga version being adapted though....

It's not adapting any manga version, it's a direct adaptation of the light novel. You can tell by the art style.
Jan 5, 2013 6:19 PM

Jul 2009
NO wonder i got the Spice and Wolf vibe going on
Jan 5, 2013 6:32 PM

Sep 2008
This is a very interesting anime. Prior to the demon invasion the southern countries were already at war with the central continent, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" resonates well in this episode, as soon as the humans defeat the demons it would be another war, but this time it would humans against humans. This is a sad situation, specially since the southern countries have poor soil and cold weather, making it hard to grow crops, while the Central countries have fertile soil and are rich and prosperous (this is how wars are always started, a drive for food, resources, or security). This is a dangerous situation, specially with the military build up on the southern continent, that is a conundrum. Why stop the war when it is keeping the humans at peace with each other (or at least not killing each other?).
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Jan 5, 2013 6:38 PM

Sep 2008
a very interesting take is that the merchant class from the central continent give loans to the southern kingdoms so they can buy food and weapons from the merchant themselves, this causes the southern kingdom to become financially dependent and unsustainable in the long run. From the point of view of the merchants, in the short term this is profitable, but only to those who benefit from the war, any industry not related to the war will suffer economically because of the shift of resources to the war effort, this cant be sustainable in the long run. I wonder how are the southern kingdoms be able to pay for it later? charities are one thing, but loans are another matter. they are not wealthy and these kings are not making a profit on the war, they can barely sustain themselves without the support from the central continent. Meanwhile the kings of the central continent know full well that the war is a mechanism or system to keep the humans from fighting each other, so their motive is political rather than ideological.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Jan 5, 2013 7:15 PM

Jun 2012
At the moment I am bit disappointed, because this anime is so kind/innocent/easy going even though it has the possibility to build epic plot twists etc. I don't see anything like that coming.
I don't like to judge a whole series by its first episode, but I think the plot is pretty much straightforward and you can know, what will be happening and when. So I am hoping that I was wrong and this show shows me something better.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

219 by mogneto »»
Sep 18, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

13 by zazo_Zero_2 »»
Aug 17, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.