Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2018 3:40 AM

Apr 2008
Whiteling said:
It was most boring anime season I've ever watcher. Overlord 1 was fine. But Overlord 2 pfffft... Time waste.

Hyperbole much? The series was never about Ainz alone but all of Nazarick
Apr 4, 2018 4:19 AM

Jun 2016
summer season 3 is confrimed
Apr 4, 2018 4:52 AM

Jul 2015
The final battle for this arc, we've come a long way, I still remember a time when I thought this season would be about Lizards and WAIT THAT ACTUALLY PLAYED A PART IN THIS EPISODE? Hunh... Anyway, Brain got his rematch against Shalltear, and I consider getting that little hit on her nail a win. Seeing the Maids in action was pretty damn sweet too, and seeing everyone kind of goofing around out of sight was pretty fun too. Also Evileye is FREAKING ADORABLE. 8/10, This was awesome.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 4, 2018 6:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The new Hero of the Kingdom, Momon!!! kekeke
He was pride because cut a tail!!! kekeke
Apr 4, 2018 7:05 AM
Dec 2014
Gilgamesh is that you?

“There are only three ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The second is as though everything is a miracle. The third is as though everything is a choice by Steins;Gate.”
Apr 4, 2018 7:05 AM

Feb 2017
Hamudanu said:
Sorrowsenpai said:
I detest all the Nazerick characters and really hope one day they all die a true death.

if you say that
i mostly detest with a group human on LN Overlord
mostly greedy sh*t human, killing innocent, Slaving, kindnapping and so many thing
Nazarick with Momonga is better than that sh*t group

That is a minority and used to justify the nazerick crew, the ones stuck inbetween are the ones I care about
Apr 4, 2018 7:15 AM

Apr 2008
Sorrowsenpai said:
Hamudanu said:

if you say that
mostly greedy sh*t human, killing innocent, Slaving, kindnapping and so many thing

That is a minority and used to justify the nazerick crew, the ones stuck inbetween are the ones I care about

Apr 4, 2018 7:17 AM
Mar 2018
Sorrowsenpai said:
Hamudanu said:

if you say that

pathetic lol

He wields the power of life and death in Nazarick, so when he says you will die, lower life-form humans bow your heads and wait for the end, full of gratitude

SNDTApr 4, 2018 7:22 AM
Apr 4, 2018 7:52 AM

Jan 2014
why did Shalltear stopped when she see Climb?

lol, evileye had trouble out there and Nabe just sitting there, chilling with 3 of her maid comrades.

I was wondering, what did it mean when Fiore and Fiora said about those people are now working for Nazarick? who's those guys? the remaining member of Six Arms?

and who's the last two dude (gandalf and gilgamesh wannabe)?
the gandalf guy looks like a high rank magic user, while gilgamesh wannabe looks really scheming type guy, and he's kinda keen about Ainz and Momon arrival (maybe he realized that both name show up in the same time)
Apr 4, 2018 7:54 AM

Apr 2008
Abyhape said:
why did Shalltear stopped when she see Climb?

lol, evileye had trouble out there and Nabe just sitting there, chilling with 3 of her maid comrades.

I was wondering, what did it mean when Fiore and Fiora said about those people are now working for Nazarick? who's those guys? the remaining member of Six Arms?

and who's the last two dude (gandalf and gilgamesh wannabe)?
the gandalf guy looks like a high rank magic user, while gilgamesh wannabe looks really scheming type guy, and he's kinda keen about Ainz and Momon arrival (maybe he realized that both name show up in the same time)

Because Climb is the one Demiurge instructed them not to touch.
Apr 4, 2018 8:51 AM
Jan 2016
Hahaha, I think Momon and Narberal deserve an Oscar for that acting...
Apr 4, 2018 9:49 AM

Nov 2012
Evileye is so cute ^~^

I'm just happy they showed Evileye's face.

Evileye is one of the best girls in Overlord.
Well that settle's everything.

Spoiler about Evileye age ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Its a big spoiler I warned you
Apr 4, 2018 10:19 AM

Jul 2009
Ah~ This second season gives me a satisfied feeling.
It did justice for the LN.
It gave a wonderful ending that could be an ending to the series.
It gave a hint of future arcs with the gold-haired man & the old guy, which can lead to another season.
It showed off a bunch of characters.
It gave Sebas a wife...
Do I need to say more? hahaha! Wonderful work.

The season 3 announcement... just makes this ending all the better! :D
LONG LIVE Ainz Ooal Gown!!!
Apr 4, 2018 10:36 AM
Aug 2016
TsundeReaper said:
@Byran47 it's not a spoiler, just ignore that guy, he's a filthy casual. Also can you tell me, I don't mind spoilers

What exactly would Nazarick gain from a deal with that princess Renner? I can't imagine them making deals with humans and much more someone they're conquering, also what's Renner can gain from this? Just protection of herself, Climb and some humans?

Hm well your assumption that Ainz wants to conquer them is half correct only. I can't say much more than that without actually spoling, also, when I said renner made a deal with them I meant an actual deal with both sides getting something out of it, so without also spoiling she gains ALOT from this deal, almost as much as ainz himself. I can tell you this though, she gained a race change item, but that's the least important thing she gained, what race specifically? Well that's a spoiler haha.

Also as to what ainz gained is pretty substantial, without going through too much detail he basically has direct connections into the royal family itself and massive influence, we'll see more of the result in the next season, but more season 4 if we ever get that XD. This is all part of a plan that demi, albedo, and ainz have. A massive plan which is a MASSIVE spoiler so I won't dare say it here. But yea usually, if it involves demi and albedo what you think is the true plan is likely just a very small part of an even grander plan, they are both geniuses after all. Ainz himself has considerably higher intelligence than most but when paired with those two, its almost all seeing omnipotence.
Byran47Apr 4, 2018 10:44 AM
Apr 4, 2018 11:33 AM
Apr 2018
This season was pretty meh but if i look at it like a setup for season 3 then that makes it pretty great imo.
Apr 4, 2018 12:15 PM

Sep 2014
Lold at Brain being so happy cutting Shalltear's nail.
Can't say Momon and Demi fight was exciting since they were faking it.
Evileye was so cute when she clung to Momon hnnngggg.

[ S]Kyouhukou ate out Hilma so much that she needed healing?[/S] ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Renner pls stop that.
What the fuck are you doing here Gilgamesh!?!

Nice to hear there'll be a 3rd season already, hoping for more powerful opponents for our evil friends, but that's prolly just wishful thinking.

Apr 4, 2018 1:02 PM
Nov 2015
Didn't get much of true vampire loli this season, but got some chuuni vampire loli this season instead, I'll take it. Nigga evileye is freakin' kawaii.
Apr 4, 2018 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
Very good last episode. I enjoyed the season overall. I hope they make a season 3 some time soon
Apr 4, 2018 5:40 PM

Dec 2016
I am so fucking hype for Season 3!!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 4, 2018 6:03 PM

May 2017
Byran47 said:
TsundeReaper said:
@Byran47 it's not a spoiler, just ignore that guy, he's a filthy casual. Also can you tell me, I don't mind spoilers

What exactly would Nazarick gain from a deal with that princess Renner? I can't imagine them making deals with humans and much more someone they're conquering, also what's Renner can gain from this? Just protection of herself, Climb and some humans?

Hm well your assumption that Ainz wants to conquer them is half correct only. I can't say much more than that without actually spoling, also, when I said renner made a deal with them I meant an actual deal with both sides getting something out of it, so without also spoiling she gains ALOT from this deal, almost as much as ainz himself. I can tell you this though, she gained a race change item, but that's the least important thing she gained, what race specifically? Well that's a spoiler haha.

Also as to what ainz gained is pretty substantial, without going through too much detail he basically has direct connections into the royal family itself and massive influence, we'll see more of the result in the next season, but more season 4 if we ever get that XD. This is all part of a plan that demi, albedo, and ainz have. A massive plan which is a MASSIVE spoiler so I won't dare say it here. But yea usually, if it involves demi and albedo what you think is the true plan is likely just a very small part of an even grander plan, they are both geniuses after all. Ainz himself has considerably higher intelligence than most but when paired with those two, its almost all seeing omnipotence.

Tell me dude, just put it on spoiler coz like you've said, it was left out by the anime
Apr 4, 2018 6:35 PM
Jan 2016
Enjoyable season espicially the second part of it, so underrated anime 8-10 for this season
Apr 4, 2018 6:50 PM
Oct 2015
Overall, this season was alright, I've heard from people that this is all build up for something. That last scene highlighting two new enemies for Ainz is something to look forward to.
I'm surprised that Mad House has confirmed a season 3, just because it's Mad House xd
I suppose I'll give this season of overlord a 7.5/10
Heckle was here...
Apr 4, 2018 7:42 PM
Aug 2016
TsundeReaper said:
Byran47 said:

Tell me dude, just put it on spoiler coz like you've said, it was left out by the anime

Not quite, everything I refused to tell you hasn't happened yet or been shown yet and will be in season 3. But here, read at your own risk.

And as to what renner gained

Byran47Apr 4, 2018 7:47 PM
Apr 4, 2018 8:18 PM
Jun 2017
@Byran47

Your reply above is a massive spoiler from the 10 volume.you should think about editing in spoiler tags.

Your speculation,which I agree with,about the gift/reward is still a huge spoiler...
Apr 4, 2018 8:25 PM
Jun 2017
@TsundeReaper that reply from @Byran47 is a massive spoiler from the 10th volume,including his speculation about her reward.You may want ot think about editing it out or covering it with spoiler tags...

The third season is more than likely adapting the 7th,8th and 9th volumes...not the 10th.
Apr 4, 2018 8:33 PM
Aug 2016
Nordhammer said:
@Byran47

Your reply above is a massive spoiler from the 10 volume.you should think about editing in spoiler tags.

Your speculation,which I agree with,about the gift/reward is still a huge spoiler...

I already warned him that I cannot say much without spoiling it and besides he specifically said he doesn't care about spoilers, and the last spoiler i said is mere speculation, so its not even technically a spoiler. You should go farther back in the forum and read...not to mention he even asked what renner gained even if it was a spoiler, which I warned him of beforehand. Like I said read the page before...
Byran47Apr 4, 2018 8:38 PM
Apr 4, 2018 9:01 PM

Jan 2015
Raizel said:
akihikosama said:
@hells-fury thanks :)

This gets to me too. Not being able to relate to humans feels very off, I can't put myself it those shoes. The best way I justify it to myself is that he just thinks of this as a video game. If I think back on all of the war games where you kill masses of people (like total war for example), I can relate more to him.
What bothers me more is that green glowing effect thing that calms him down whenever his emotions get out of control. No idea what it is supposed to be, but it kills the realism out of it. I'm actually curious if the LN explains this in any way.
I watched season 1 not to long ago I think it was December when he first transferred to this new world he said it himself that this was a real life not a game I remember it clearly.
Regardless of that I'm really glad there is some who understands me :)

At least like-minded people like me
Ainz is a lucky bastard. If he was transferred to another world without op skill and nazarick, only ordinary man. What can he do?

Apr 4, 2018 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
Lol, that Gilgamesh xD

as expected, Evileye is so cute :3, and a vampire too or half? I don't read LN but that doesn't matter

the last two episodes are fast paced, but this one is especially packed,
I'm glad to see more Momon, more developments
but at the same time feel sad too, because this is the last episode

well if the info about season 3 is true, I can't wait :D
Apr 4, 2018 9:56 PM

Sep 2017
I liked it, i felt like they could've set things better. Can't wait for Season 3!.
Apr 5, 2018 12:03 AM

Nov 2011
I felt like this was a solid season.

I can see why people were displeased because Overlord I was just Ainz being a total badass 24/7. Meanwhile, Season 2 is less about him and more about the world-building and Nazarick as a whole.

I enjoyed it though. They're fleshing out characters that I honestly thought were going to be sort of one-dimensional. Now that they got a lot of that done in this season, the next can probably have more focus on Ainz.

The ending felt kind of weird. It's obviously leaving itself open for season 3, but it felt more abrupt than what I'm used to. Nothing terrible though.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot and look forward to S3!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 5, 2018 12:20 AM

Feb 2018
I think its the first time that i am not grossed out by the relationship of a old man and a young women.

I mean Tuare has suffered enough so she deserves to be happy with the one she loves who is also her saviour.

Apr 5, 2018 1:12 AM

Apr 2016
I Liked the Arcs. The show was not bad, and not disappointed at all. Soooo hyped for season 3 this coming summer.

10/10

btw hearing Nadeshiko's voice in this episode is so fucking weird. LULLLLL
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Apr 5, 2018 2:09 AM
Oct 2017
I am somehow not satisfied with the fight. Its too small. The novel felt different but here its too small. Please make the third season nicely. I need some goosebumps in the last fight.
Apr 5, 2018 3:14 AM

Jun 2010
Anyone have an idea on why Shalltear broke off her pursuit when she saw Climb?

Anyways not a bad finale, but it wasn't that great either. Was happy to see Alpha Yuri and CZ2128 Delta get some screen time in battle. I think Evileye would have been murdered had it been a more serious fight.

Apr 5, 2018 3:17 AM

Apr 2008
JDS_Mirai said:

Anyways not a bad finale, but it wasn't that great either. Was happy to see Alpha Yuri and CZ2128 Delta get some screen time in battle. I think Evileye would have been murdered had it been a more serious fight.

Remember Demiurge told them to not attack a certain person?
Apr 5, 2018 3:38 AM

Jun 2010
Darklight0303 said:
JDS_Mirai said:

Ah I see, still it makes no sense why as Demiurge has not even met Climb at all... maybe something for next season to be explained?

Apr 5, 2018 3:42 AM

Apr 2008
JDS_Mirai said:
Darklight0303 said:

Ah I see, still it makes no sense why as Demiurge has not even met Climb at all... maybe something for next season to be explained?

It is never outright explained but heavily implied Renner had something to do with it. Look back before the plan even started. Renner learned of another mafia base to attack and then Demiurge hears from the shadow demon that they have an eigth base to attack.
Apr 5, 2018 7:29 AM

Apr 2009
Shock and awe with the lizardmen, and now subterfuge and deception with the humans of E-Rantel, all for power and glory of Nazarick, of course! And they're not serious in fighting yet, well except Entoma who was almost defeated by insecticide magic. LOL

7/10 both for this episode and this season.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 5, 2018 7:43 AM

Apr 2016
So is over...OMG this 2nd season was so bad.. The whole "Animal Planet" was horrible..
Let's hope the 3rd season will be better
Final score 6/10

Apr 5, 2018 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
JayCray21 said:
I wouldve thought Entoma was gonna be more insistent on fighting Evileye since she almost killed her and messed up her voice.
Not necessary, until Enoma figures out a way to counter or develops a resistance to Evileye's pesticide spell she's staying clear of her.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 5, 2018 2:58 PM
Nov 2015
I understand that a lot of people say this episode was fast and skipped a lot... But I haven't read the LN and I thought it was a great episode just the right speed.

Guess I'm just a different...
Apr 6, 2018 12:38 AM

Aug 2013
Firestalker2015 said:
I understand that a lot of people say this episode was fast and skipped a lot... But I haven't read the LN and I thought it was a great episode just the right speed.

Guess I'm just a different...

I haven't read LN too..
but if we compare the last 2 episodes to previous ones, I think anyone will notice the change of pace
But I agree, this was great episode anyway
JuarezApr 6, 2018 12:45 AM
Apr 6, 2018 2:58 AM
Aug 2007
Did Ainz HAVE to kill off the captured civilians instead of just releasing them?
Apr 6, 2018 3:00 AM

Apr 2008
zohash said:
Did Ainz HAVE to kill off the captured civilians instead of just releasing them?

Yes he did. You want them to go free and be able to have their memory wipe undone by hidden players? They know things about Nazarick they should not. It is a security risk that cannot be allowed.
Apr 6, 2018 3:13 AM
Aug 2007
Darklight0303 said:
zohash said:

Yes he did. You want them to go free and be able to have their memory wipe undone by hidden players? They know things about Nazarick they should not. It is a security risk that cannot be allowed.

I guess that makes sense. This entire situation just left a bad taste in my mouth in an otherwise great series.
Apr 6, 2018 6:43 AM
Jun 2014
Did not like this season much at all. For some reason i found the first arc interesting, but what came after was just average shit.

Humans have been buffed in strength.
Ains has been nerfed. He does not strike me as godlike anymore.
Demiurge has been severely buffed from what i remember of the first season.
Rest of the minions of Ains has been nerfed.

I can see where this is heading. The main cast was superpowered in the first season, and now they're bringing them back to earth for some shitty shounen like battles and setting up Demiurge to become a supervillain.

I do wonder where they're heading with Albedo though. That part is actually interesting. She showed something akin to contempt at Ains orders and it was completely ignored after that.
Apr 6, 2018 6:58 AM

Apr 2008
Stormen said:
Did not like this season much at all. For some reason i found the first arc interesting, but what came after was just average shit.

Humans have been buffed in strength.
Ains has been nerfed. He does not strike me as godlike anymore.
Demiurge has been severely buffed from what i remember of the first season.
Rest of the minions of Ains has been nerfed.

I can see where this is heading. The main cast was superpowered in the first season, and now they're bringing them back to earth for some shitty shounen like battles and setting up Demiurge to become a supervillain.

I do wonder where they're heading with Albedo though. That part is actually interesting. She showed something akin to contempt at Ains orders and it was completely ignored after that.

This ridiculous post. How can you say they've been buffed or nerfed when almost none of them were even in action in season 1? Only Shaltear and Albedo did ANYTHING among the guardians last season.

Also humans have not been buffed in the slightest lol

It was not contempt at Ainz's orders but his identity as Ainz. She still is nothing but loyal to Momonga
Apr 6, 2018 8:01 AM
Jun 2017
zohash said:

If it makes you feel better all of the children were saved by Nigredo (Albedo's older sister) and Pestonya (women with the head of a sheepdog((Shetland)) ).

Also-
Ainz didn't order them to be killed.Ainz asked that if the captives were to be killed that it be as quick and painless as possible,if they had not given offense to Nazarick.

Demiurge has most of the captives,and they've been spread out to work on his ranches and to help with certain NPCs with yet more experiments.
NordhammerApr 6, 2018 8:20 AM
Apr 6, 2018 8:04 AM
Jun 2017
Darklight0303 said:
zohash said:

And Ainz did not have them killed...

Demiurges is using the adults on his ranches,others of Nazarick are using them as well.

Nigredo & Pestonya revolted and rescued all of the children.And Ainz approved.

NordhammerApr 6, 2018 8:19 AM
Apr 6, 2018 8:46 AM
Aug 2007
Nordhammer said:
zohash said:

If it makes you feel better all of the children were saved by Nigredo (Albedo's older sister) and Pestonya (women with the head of a sheepdog((Shetland)) ).

Also-
Ainz didn't order them to be killed.Ainz asked that if the captives were to be killed that it be as quick and painless as possible,if they had not given offense to Nazarick.

Demiurge has most of the captives,and they've been spread out to work on his ranches and to help with certain NPCs with yet more experiments.

That indeed makes the situation a bit better.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

323 by FedoBear »»
Oct 9, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2018

277 by RodxD »»
Sep 22, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2018

211 by RodxD »»
Sep 18, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

256 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 4, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2018

289 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 4, 8:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.