Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 11, 2014 12:15 AM

Sep 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
I also notice that the wedding photo looks like the one from Suzuka. I know that some anime have been doing that but with how this manga keeps on being a copy of Suzuka that's where I just pound my head. I mean it's the exact same thing! Will daiki be a copy of Fuuka where he's also a twitter head meeting some tomboy like Akari or asuka or an evil mischivious girl like rin? You know, I'd go with rin because it'll be interesting to see how that'll pull off. And you know what? I'd say that rin should've been the main girl. I mean yeah yuzuki was the one in the beginning and had an interesting backstory to get rin involved but with how they handled rin's character and the times she's shared with haruto it would be interesting to see this psychological and sexual relationship will handle itself because with their interactions every time I read them she kinda screams main girl to me. I mean yes we got the fantasy chapter but I would love to see the exploration before and during the relationship because when you read the fantasy chapters you have to wonder how haruto even ended up with rin to begin with?

more likely daiki is copy of Haruto :D
Feb 11, 2014 12:43 AM

Aug 2012
This shit is finally over
Feb 11, 2014 4:53 AM

Sep 2010
I've got this grin on my face. I can't believe I'm actually free of this hell.
Feb 11, 2014 5:59 AM

Oct 2013
I can't understand Harutos behavior about Kazamas helmet. I would spit on his grave, if he blackmailed my girlfriend.
Feb 11, 2014 6:06 AM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
I can't understand Harutos behavior about Kazamas helmet. I would spit on his grave, if he blackmailed my girlfriend.

I'd beat him and inch with a crowbar if he doesn't want to die a slow painful death from the illness
Feb 11, 2014 6:17 AM

Nov 2012
Behemoth11 said:

Is love, I'll never get tired of saying that Haruto was totally gay for Kazama.
I guess, Seo could be blame for this, I mean, if he would have change the story a little and make Kazama recognize his mistake, and instead of asking Haruto to take care of Kiyomi, but Yuzuki before his dead, he wouldn't have looked that bad. I guess Seo did try to redeem Kazama whey they talked at the roof the school, when he told Haruto that Yuzuki was only with him cause of pity, but Seo, in order to not make Haruto lose and make him the ultimate best friend, decided to make Haruto live in denial of the situation.
Feb 11, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2013
That may be true, jose. The plot twist about Kazama was the worst in the whole series.
Feb 11, 2014 6:51 AM

Sep 2011
I'm not so sure about that. The forced drama break-up just before the end of the serie was a really lame plot twist.
Haruto meeting Kazama, and Kazama being the douchebag who blackmailed Yuzuki, while improbable was not completely unrealistic.

I agree with jose21. If Kazama had given his blessing to Haruto, to take care of Yuzuki in case he didn't make it, would have made better sense and he wouldn't have looked that bad.
Feb 11, 2014 7:15 AM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
Behemoth11 said:

I guess, Seo could be blame for this, I mean, if he would have change the story a little and make Kazama recognize his mistake, and instead of asking Haruto to take care of Kiyomi, but Yuzuki before his dead, he wouldn't have looked that bad. I guess Seo did try to redeem Kazama whey they talked at the roof the school, when he told Haruto that Yuzuki was only with him cause of pity, but Seo, in order to not make Haruto lose and make him the ultimate best friend, decided to make Haruto live in denial of the situation.

yeah, if haruto was written write he would've been a little more mad at him and maybe seo might punch him. okay maybe he won't punch him but being furious is acceptable since yuzuki did break up with him which is reasonable to get mad considering what kazama did. yuzuki's actions were just forced. you know, i know kazama is a sick man but i prefer haruto to punch him because of the shit he just pulled. heck, because of that he almost lost his friends, nearly ruined his school life, and got his parents irritated by the whole situation. heck, this even made nanami distraught. so yeah, fuck kazama. i hope he's burning in hell and heck, what haruto said to him back in chapter 170 was worth it. if only kiyomi knew the rest of the story-_-
Feb 11, 2014 7:24 AM

Sep 2011
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:
Behemoth11 said:

yeah, if haruto was written write he would've been a little more mad at him and maybe seo might punch him. okay maybe he won't punch him but being furious is acceptable since yuzuki did break up with him which is reasonable to get mad considering what kazama did. yuzuki's actions were just forced. you know, i know kazama is a sick man but i prefer haruto to punch him because of the shit he just pulled. heck, because of that he almost lost his friends, nearly ruined his school life, and got his parents irritated by the whole situation. heck, this even made nanami distraught. so yeah, fuck kazama. i hope he's burning in hell and heck, what haruto said to him back in chapter 170 was worth it. if only kiyomi knew the rest of the story-_-

Well it did give him a motivation to move his ass out of Hiroshima and meet Yuzuki in Tokyo, which I'm not sure he would have done if he had kept going a LDR with her for 2 years.

Events pile up after that. If you look down the road, without douchebag Kazama, Haruto may have broken up with Yuzuki, would not have met Kiyomi, hence no Kiyomi x Takashi, would not have met Asuka, hence no relationship with her. He might not have had the balls to become a chef and would have chosen a safe route just like Akari did.

So basically, we would have been stuck with the characters from Hiroshima. While I do like Akari and Nanami a lot (I would have loved a relation between Akari and Haruto, maybe a triangle with those 3), I think the cast and the setting was a little too small to make the characters grow.
Feb 11, 2014 7:28 AM
Dec 2013
ekanseht said:
I'm not so sure about that. The forced drama break-up just before the end of the serie was a really lame plot twist.
Haruto meeting Kazama, and Kazama being the douchebag who blackmailed Yuzuki, while improbable was not completely unrealistic.

I agree with jose21. If Kazama had given his blessing to Haruto, to take care of Yuzuki in case he didn't make it, would have made better sense and he wouldn't have looked that bad.

yep, that would've made alot more sense than dating kiyomi and leaving yuzuki out of this.if asuka was to be the new love interest it would've been written differently like progress their relationship slowly. and if seo or the editors for that matter wanted to expand their relationship then go ahead. make it like 79 or more chapters if you want to see how haruto will take it. it's kinda like comics when you put it like that. heck, what if yuzuki went out with another giuy? if yuzuki went out with another guy would kiyomi get furious and attack him? if so then she would get sent to jail for assault and be on the news. heck, the whole neighborhood and the peoiple they and she knows would be talking about this leaving her parents distraught and embarressed. *sigh* fuck kazama. and he did all this just for him. what a brilliant character-_-

and yes jose i agree with you, maybe the next fantasy chapter after adachi will be with kazama
Feb 11, 2014 7:30 AM
Dec 2013
ekanseht said:
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:
Behemoth11 said:

Well it did give him a motivation to move his ass out of Hiroshima and meet Yuzuki in Tokyo, which I'm not sure he would have done if he had kept going a LDR with her for 2 years.

Events pile up after that. If you look down the road, without douchebag Kazama, Haruto may have broken up with Yuzuki, would not have met Kiyomi, hence no Kiyomi x Takashi, would not have met Asuka, hence no relationship with her. He might not have had the balls to become a chef and would have chosen a safe route just like Akari did.

So basically, we would have been stuck with the characters from Hiroshima. While I do like Akari and Nanami a lot (I would have loved a relation between Akari and Haruto, maybe a triangle with those 3), I think the cast and the setting was a little too small to make the characters grow.

yeah but with the shit kazama has put him through a little redeeming would do like "i'm sorry for the crap i've put you through. please take care of yuzuki." or somethignlike that. heck, if asuak and haruto went out dating then what motivation would you give yuzuki if the execution was handled better?
Feb 11, 2014 9:03 AM

Oct 2013
Hopefully Seo won't bring something like that up again in Fūka. I mean this NTR thing. Did Yuzuki and Kazama "dirty things", during their relationship?
Feb 11, 2014 9:13 AM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Hopefully Seo won't bring something like that up again in Fūka. I mean this NTR thing. Did Yuzuki and Kazama "dirty things", during their relationship?

Definitely not. It was never implied that they did and it was obvious from the whole arc and book. And even if they did that would make kazama into an even more unlikable jackass. I swear what did kiyomi ever see in him and how did asuka end up being his friend? And more importantly why did haruto treat him as a pal with all of the shit he's just pulled and never apologized for it? I mean did haruto not notice what he did before moving to Tokyo? If I did the same thing because some asshole pulled the same stuff as kazama I'd pound his smug face. I don't care if he is sick. Either you make up for this shit or be the biggest asshole in the area. Fuck him to hell.
Feb 11, 2014 9:14 AM

Sep 2011
Behemoth11 said:

No, I don't think so. If I remember correctly Kazama infered that they didn't even kiss once.
Feb 11, 2014 9:30 AM

Sep 2011
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

Definitely not. It was never implied that they did and it was obvious from the whole arc and book. And even if they did that would make kazama into an even more unlikable jackass. I swear what did kiyomi ever see in him and how did asuka end up being his friend? And more importantly why did haruto treat him as a pal with all of the shit he's just pulled and never apologized for it? I mean did haruto not notice what he did before moving to Tokyo? If I did the same thing because some asshole pulled the same stuff as kazama I'd pound his smug face. I don't care if he is sick. Either you make up for this shit or be the biggest asshole in the area. Fuck him to hell.

You have to look at this from an other angle than Haruto's to understand and don't identify yourself in this situation. Put things into place objectively :
- Kazama liked Yuzuki since they were in middle school
- Knowing he was dying, he didn't care if he was being a prick, he just wanted her by his side until the inevitable end.
- He didn't know Haruto then
- He and Haruto met not even knowing they both knew Yuzuki, even less that she was their girlfriend
- They became friends, at that moment Kazama was just the perfect bro-friend archetype. He backed up Haruto with the Nagato stuff and tried to help him.
- When Haruto told Kazama his story, Kazama told him to go all in and that he would back him up again.

At that moment, you can't say Kazama betrayed Haruto. You can't even say that he betrayed him as a friend, because they didn't even now each other. And now that he got her back, why would he let her go? Because he told the guy he would support him? Would you have sacrificied your probable last relationship of your life?

I have a weird way of defining friendship and betrayal, I know, but I kinda understand Kazama's standpoint. If I knew I was dying, I'm not even sure myself that I wouldn't be as egoist as he was.

I don't like him and I definitely don't accept his actions even though I understand them. But I don't hate Kazama.
Feb 11, 2014 9:31 AM

Dec 2013
ekanseht said:
Behemoth11 said:

No, I don't think so. If I remember correctly Kazama infered that they didn't even kiss once.

They didn't even hold hands as far as we know. Despite playing the death card, Kazama ended up a dead loser.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 11, 2014 9:33 AM

Sep 2011
To sum thing up, in Haruto's place I would be mad at Yuzuki, not Kazama because :
- Kazama did not have all the picture when he decided to move on Yuzuki, just his standpoint.
- Yuzuki, on the other hand, had all the info. She knew Kazama was dying, she knew she was in a relationship, she knew she loved Haruto and knew he loved her. But she still dumped him for a dying guy. That to me is the real betrayal.
Feb 11, 2014 9:33 AM

Nov 2012
Behemoth11 said:

No, Haruto got the furthest by making him love bentos, but he definetly didn't get anything from Yuzuki, nor even her smile. Well, he did, but can't help but feel sorry of how he got her smile.
Anyway, I guess that thing KNIM, which I refuse to call NTR, was not that bad if you compare it to what happened in Half & Half, well at least it wasn't Yuuki, but still it was awfull.
Feb 11, 2014 9:39 AM
Dec 2013
ekanseht said:
To sum thing up, in Haruto's place I would be mad at Yuzuki, not Kazama because :
- Kazama did not have all the picture when he decided to move on Yuzuki, just his standpoint.
- Yuzuki, on the other hand, had all the info. She knew Kazama was dying, she knew she was in a relationship, she knew she loved Haruto and knew he loved her. But she still dumped him for a dying guy. That to me is the real betrayal.

And why she did that I may never know. I don't even think it was live either. Whatever she did Seo needed to give her a reason to pull this shit. And after her dad arc she became rather odder than before and quite idiotic than before. If only she were to grow a brain. I wonder what moments she'll have as a possible teacher
Feb 11, 2014 9:41 AM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
Behemoth11 said:

No, Haruto got the furthest by making him love bentos, but he definetly didn't get anything from Yuzuki, nor even her smile. Well, he did, but can't help but feel sorry of how he got her smile.
Anyway, I guess that thing KNIM, which I refuse to call NTR, was not that bad if you compare it to what happened in Half & Half, well at least it wasn't Yuuki, but still it was awfull.

What does NTR stand for anyway?
Feb 11, 2014 9:45 AM

Nov 2012
ekanseht said:

I don't know, but I would be quite disappointed knowing my friend pull that trick on a girl, even if I didn't know her at all. Also, after he got all the picture and admitting that she was pitying him, the right thing to do as a the good friend that he is portrayed to be, he should have given them his blessing to continue dating instead of making them look as the assholes who stole his happiness and betrayed him.

Yuzuki did something stupid, but if you think about it it wasn't that bad. I mean she just wanted to help this guy who helped her before. She made herself the antagonist cause she told Haruto that she was the one who stalked and confessed to Kazama when it was the other way around. She broke up with Haruto, but there was possibility that haruto eventually was gonna go to Nanami, and what she told Haruto in the letter might have even helped him not feel guilty doing that.
jose21Feb 11, 2014 9:55 AM
Feb 11, 2014 9:50 AM

Oct 2013
ekanseht said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

You have to look at this from an other angle than Haruto's to understand and don't identify yourself in this situation. Put things into place objectively :
- Knowing he was dying, he didn't care if he was being a prick, he just wanted her by his side until the inevitable end.
- He and Haruto met not even knowing they both knew Yuzuki, even less that she was their girlfriend
- They became friends, at that moment Kazama was just the perfect bro-friend archetype. He backed up Haruto with the Nagato stuff and tried to help him.
- When Haruto told Kazama his story, Kazama told him to go all in and that he would back him up again.

At that moment, you can't say Kazama betrayed Haruto. You can't even say that he betrayed him as a friend, because they didn't even now each other. And now that he got her back, why would he let her go? Because he told the guy he would support him? Would you have sacrificied your probable last relationship of your life?

I have a weird way of defining friendship and betrayal, I know, but I kinda understand Kazama's standpoint. If I knew I was dying, I'm not even sure myself that I wouldn't be as egoist as he was.

I don't like him and I definitely don't accept his actions even though I understand them. But I don't hate Kazama.

Sorry, but even if you desribe it like that, Kazama still seems like a dick to me. Kazama used his advantageous situation to influence Yuzuki, because he knew Yuzuki had a good heart and was also too naive.
I will never understand how Kyomi could feel something for him. Too bad no one cleared this mess once and for all during this whole time up.

But if I remember correctly on his gravestone was written:

"He was a dick!"

Dec 2013
jose21 said:
ekanseht said:

I don't know, but I would be quite disappointed knowing my friend pull that trick on a girl, even if I didn't know her at all. Also, after he got all the picture and admitting that she was pitting him, the right to do as a the good friend that he is portrayed to be, he should have given them his blessing to continue dating instead of making them look as the assholes who stole his happiness and betrayed him.

Yuzuki did something stupid, but if you think about it it wasn't that bad. I mean she just wanted to help this guy who helped her before. She made herself the antagonist cause she told Haruto that she was the one who stalked and confessed to Kazama when it was the other way around. She broke up with Haruto, but there was possibility that haruto eventually was gonna go to Nanami, and what she told Haruto in the letter might have even helped him not feel guilty doing that.

To add on, knowing or not knowing Haruto does not justify for his actions. It was a downright desperate jerk move of Kazama. Scheming and deceitful act to guilt treat Yuzuki. It was probably karma that his operation failed.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Nov 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:
Behemoth11 said:

What does NTR stand for anyway?

Netorare, the main characters girlfriend or love one get stolen by another guy. However, is not really that simple, the main point of the genre is to create jealousy, and well some people enjoy that. Also, in NTR is not simple cheating like the word says it implies sleeping or having sex with the other person. Chapter 2 of Half & Half is an actual NTR.
Feb 11, 2014 10:21 AM

Sep 2011
I'm not saying he's not a dick. Neither am I saying it wasn't deceitful of him. But I guess I understand a little. I mean, I don't know what it means to know that I'm about to die but it must not be a pleasant way of living.
I'm not justifying his actions. Again I will never accept that coming from anyone. I just get from where he comes from even though.

Well, Yuzuki is as stupid as it gets. Haruto and her both share only half a brain.
Feb 11, 2014 10:29 AM
Dec 2013
ekanseht said:
I'm not saying he's not a dick. Neither am I saying it wasn't deceitful of him. But I guess I understand a little. I mean, I don't know what it means to know that I'm about to die but it must not be a pleasant way of living.
I'm not justifying his actions. Again I will never accept that coming from anyone. I just get from where he comes from even though.

Well, Yuzuki is as stupid as it gets. Haruto and her both share only half a brain.

i hope daiki makes it through this in his life.
Feb 11, 2014 1:19 PM

Sep 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

i agree, Definitely not, not to mention that Yuzu never acted as Kaza GF, she acted like a friend always, she din't even kiss Kaza so dirty things are out of the question :D
Feb 11, 2014 1:21 PM
Dec 2013
Sugram22 said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

i agree, Definitely not, not to mention that Yuzu never acted as Kaza GF, she acted like a friend always, she din't even kiss Kaza so dirty things are out of the question :D

if he's not a total prick to force himself onto her then thank goodness seo or the editors did that.
Feb 11, 2014 1:22 PM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
jose21 said:
ekanseht said:

I don't know, but I would be quite disappointed knowing my friend pull that trick on a girl, even if I didn't know her at all. Also, after he got all the picture and admitting that she was pitting him, the right to do as a the good friend that he is portrayed to be, he should have given them his blessing to continue dating instead of making them look as the assholes who stole his happiness and betrayed him.

To add on, knowing or not knowing Haruto does not justify for his actions. It was a downright desperate jerk move of Kazama. Scheming and deceitful act to guilt treat Yuzuki. It was probably karma that his operation failed.

i see you've changed another avatar........i like it. it has a nice feel to it
Feb 11, 2014 1:25 PM

Sep 2012
ekanseht said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

i'l use my old KIMI anime EP7 post to answer u

if u think about it, that Yuzu & Kaza were in contact while Yuzu was dating Haru (no idea did they mention it in anime? but it was in manga, maybe it is in OVA to), Kaza had to know that Yuzu has a BF, but he did not care & he pulled the death card, & if he did not know i'm really surprised cause its weird if u ton't tell ur friend that ur in a relationship, & if he did not know he should have more brains to ask Yuzu, to u have a BF & that he did not shows that he did not care, so it dose not matter which way it is cause both show what kind of a selfish jerk he is, he did not think of Yuzu's feelings neither, cause forcing some1 to be with u with pity or what ever will never work no1 will be happy, not the forcer not the forcy & not forcy BF or GF all are unhappy, so cause of all that, i know its mean, but i ton't feel sry for Kaza, if all i'm glad hes dead

so it doesn't matter that he did not know Haruto before, its enough that he knew Yuzuki had a BF!!!! that makes him as bad as if he would have known Haruto before he came between them

ekanseht said:

did Yuzuki date Haru & Kaza at the same time? NO!!!! did she broke up with Haru when she found out that Kaza is sick? YES!!! so its not betrayal, well more like self betrayal, in other words she betrayed herself

not saying i not mad at Yuzu cause of her stupidity, cause i am mad at her, but i'm more mad at Kaza cause he knew that Yuzu would do that, come to him
Sugram22Feb 11, 2014 1:40 PM
Feb 11, 2014 1:52 PM
Dec 2013
Sugram22 said:
ekanseht said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

i'l use my old KIMI anime EP7 post to answer u

if u think about it, that Yuzu & Kaza were in contact while Yuzu was dating Haru (no idea did they mention it in anime? but it was in manga, maybe it is in OVA to), Kaza had to know that Yuzu has a BF, but he did not care & he pulled the death card, & if he did not know i'm really surprised cause its weird if u ton't tell ur friend that ur in a relationship, & if he did not know he should have more brains to ask Yuzu, to u have a BF & that he did not shows that he did not care, so it dose not matter which way it is cause both show what kind of a selfish jerk he is, he did not think of Yuzu's feelings neither, cause forcing some1 to be with u with pity or what ever will never work no1 will be happy, not the forcer not the forcy & not forcy BF or GF all are unhappy, so cause of all that, i know its mean, but i ton't feel sry for Kaza, if all i'm glad hes dead

so it doesn't matter that he did not know Haruto before, its enough that he knew Yuzuki had a BF!!!! that makes him as bad as if he would have known Haruto before he came between them

ekanseht said:

did Yuzuki date Haru & Kaza at the same time? NO!!!! did she broke up with Haru when she found out that Kaza is sick? YES!!! so its not betrayal, well more like self betrayal, in other words she betrayed herself

not saying i not mad at Yuzu cause of her stupidity, cause i am mad at her, but i'm more mad at Kaza cause he knew that Yuzu would do that, come to him

and haruto had the ounce to honor him by putting his helmet in his restaurant-_- fuck you kazama. i hope he's burning in hell
Feb 11, 2014 1:56 PM

Sep 2012
Behemoth11 said:
ekanseht said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

Sorry, but even if you desribe it like that, Kazama still seems like a dick to me. Kazama used his advantageous situation to influence Yuzuki, because he knew Yuzuki had a good heart and was also too naive.
I will never understand how Kyomi could feel something for him. Too bad no one cleared this mess once and for all during this whole time up.

But if I remember correctly on his gravestone was written:

"He was a dick!"

i'm with u on this one
Feb 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
ekanseht said:

with that i agree
Feb 11, 2014 2:00 PM

Sep 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
and haruto had the ounce to honor him by putting his helmet in his restaurant-_- fuck you kazama. i hope he's burning in hell

yes its pretty stupid, i would have given that helmet to Kaza's family, its not for Kaza, but for them, the were not dicks like Kaza
Feb 11, 2014 2:07 PM
Dec 2013
Sugram22 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

yes its pretty stupid, i would have given that helmet to Kaza's family, its not for Kaza, but for them, the were not dicks like Kaza

yeah, it's a shame his mother gave birth to suck a prick.
Feb 11, 2014 4:43 PM

Oct 2013
So Haruto got accepted by Yuzuki's father,Haruto & Yuzuki married,Haruto quit his job,became a chef,had a kid with Yuzuki -insert time skip here- oh look he's already grown a bit,Haruto has his own restaurant and what better way to end the series than with a reminder of Kazama? FREAKING SERIOUSLY??? And when you think this could've been expanded on for like 60+ chapters.

The ending made me laugh on how bad it was and besides that,it was memorable alright. I'll never forget this. Never have I seen such a rushed ending. Oh Seo,you masterfull trolling bastard,you sure know how to leave a mark.

I started reading KNIM when there were about 130 chapters out and I remember reading them all in like three days. I enjoyed it a lot and while it was also due to the fact that I got excited more easily back then,it was nonetheless a good read. Week after week afterwards I was actually relieved that Yuzuki & Haruto are getting a break after all they've been through and I was probably more patient through all the pure slice of life chapters than most. I was kept telling myself "it's gonna end soon anyway,don't need more drama" so it didn't bother me that much - I accepted the fact that it's just gonna be a decent slice of life manga from now on till the end. I started reading the weekly comments here although I never really posted and found most of the comments hilarious . Eventually,I realized that I was enjoying reading through the comments more than the manga itself.

In the end,I started to loose my patience with the series as well. I was content with it being purely a slice of life manga about Haruto & Yuzuki going through life as a couple. It was a weekly SoL romance manga that I got so used to reading that it felt natural. I was even tempted to tell some of the people who kept complaining all the time on how it's boring & all to zip it and deal with it or drop it,you should've gotten used to it by now. But no,Seo denied me even that. I think it was mainly due to the fact that it was turning into what seemed to be some sorts of harem where every girl Haruto interacted with fell for him(and of course,almost everyone he interacted with was a girl,or a guy that had some connection to a girl he was friends with) that I lost my patience with the series like many before me. Then he brings us these final chapters,along with this ending to deliver the finishing blow. Well played Seo,well played.

I'm gonna rate this with a generous 6/10 because I enjoyed the Hoshirama & Tokyo arcs a lot(Tokyo arc might've been a rage-fest but it was,without doubt,entertaining) and I didn't mind the slice of life chapters focused on Haruto AND Yuzuki afterwards. The ones where he meets x girl & all that jazz were annoying and even more annoying as we got more of them. Everything starting from the job hunting arc was just bad and got worst as we went along,culminating in this pitiful excuse of an ending(but hey,it still made me laugh on how rushed it was so I guess that counts to some degree).

I'll definitely be following Fuuka and reading through the comments weekly - maybe even post every now & then as well. Seo's works are definitely fun to rage at,we gotta give the guy credit for that :D
ManlyTearFeb 11, 2014 4:50 PM
Feb 12, 2014 12:00 AM

Sep 2011
MgMaster said:
I'm gonna rate this with a generous 6/10 because I enjoyed the Hoshirama & Tokyo arcs a lot(Tokyo arc might've been a rage-fest but it was,without doubt,entertaining) and I didn't mind the slice of life chapters focused on Haruto AND Yuzuki afterwards. The ones where he meets x girl & all that jazz were annoying and even more annoying as we got more of them. Everything starting from the job hunting arc was just bad and got worst as we went along,culminating in this pitiful excuse of an ending(but hey,it still made me laugh on how rushed it was so I guess that counts to some degree).

So you enjoyed chapters 1 to 170 a lot (Hiroshima & Tokyo arcs), was ok with about 50 chapters of slice of life Haruto and Yuzuki. That's about 220 chapters out of 261, 200 at worst, so you found about 80% of the manga enjoyable. And that gives it a "generous" 6/10?
I hope you're not a teacher or else you're facing severe depression amongst students x)
Feb 12, 2014 3:49 AM

Oct 2013
ekanseht said:
MgMaster said:

So you enjoyed chapters 1 to 170 a lot (Hiroshima & Tokyo arcs), was ok with about 50 chapters of slice of life Haruto and Yuzuki. That's about 220 chapters out of 261, 200 at worst, so you found about 80% of the manga enjoyable. And that gives it a "generous" 6/10?
I hope you're not a teacher or else you're facing severe depression amongst students x)

I'd avoid that job like the plague,haha :P

The ending is paramount to me. If it leaves a bad taste in my mouth I'm gonna drastically lower the overall score. This is not some test where if you get 80% of the answers right you get a good grade,it's a story that needs to build up to something and then deliver,especially at the end(not saying that it doesn't have to deliver up till then). Also,I enjoyed it a lot at the time I read it. I realized later that even at it's best it wasn't all that great. Besides that,when I said "a lot" I was also taking into account my enjoyment just from reading the comments here(oh,all that delicious rage ;3) so if I wasn't sure if I should credit the manga or some of the posters - probably both.

ManlyTearFeb 12, 2014 3:59 AM
Feb 12, 2014 8:35 AM
Dec 2013
You know, there is some things I would love to say about this ending. Mainly due to the point of what the hell it's missing:

-after haruto broke up with yuzuki where the hell was asuka in all this? I mean she is haruto's ex girlfriend. Now I don't mean that I would've preferred for them to go out again but since she was developed to be haruto's girlfriend and was broken up out if nowhere without any comfort the same thing he did with yuzuki It would've been more helpful for asuka to have a chat with yuzuki about this to get this sort of connection they would have going and supposedly have a chat with haruto about this growing her character and more importantly his.

Where the hell is rin all of this? I mean after the break up she hasn't even bumped into haruto not once and has gotten a few lines of dialouge in this arc and had nothing special to do in the final chapter. This is suppose to be the same character who psychologically tortured both haruto and yuzuki, convinced haruto to break up with asuka, had a lot of moments with him, had a bond with her sister, and had even showed interest in him and with all of that she served no point in the entire story whatsoever. No compliment about haruto being a great husband to yuzuki nor even a possible confession, nothing to convince haruto to go back to yuzuki, just there because she was one of the characters.

I have a headache right now and so far this is all I can type for the moment so in all honest, how would you lengthen this arc or infect make it any better?
Feb 12, 2014 9:52 AM

Sep 2011
Oh, so that's why you made an other topic specifically about alternate endings :p

As I said on the other topic, all other characters lost a lot of visibility after Haruto and Yuzuki got back together. You're right though, it would have been a better writen story if we had the chance to see the interactions between Rin, Asuka and Haruto after the breakup since Haruto shared a real bond with those two. We didn't even have that with Takashi who is supposed to be his best friend...

Rushed ending is rushed...
Feb 12, 2014 10:00 AM
Dec 2013
ekanseht said:
Oh, so that's why you made an other topic specifically about alternate endings :p

As I said on the other topic, all other characters lost a lot of visibility after Haruto and Yuzuki got back together. You're right though, it would have been a better writen story if we had the chance to see the interactions between Rin, Asuka and Haruto after the breakup since Haruto shared a real bond with those two. We didn't even have that with Takashi who is supposed to be his best friend...

Rushed ending is rushed...

Of Seo or the editors does the same thing with Fuuka, daiki, or any other series then they are in trouble. Heck, if they want to make a harem like nozoki ana but less psychological the go ahead. Give us something for entertainment.
Feb 12, 2014 2:12 PM
Mar 2013
I actually liked the manga.

Yes there was lots of pointless arcs (perverted stuff), but it was fun to read.

I just didn't like the ending that much. The reunion between Haruto and Yuzuki seem too rushed.. (Meet at the tree -> success)

I was predicting from all the way to chapter 100 that Haruto would move to HIROSHIMA and open restaurant there. I think that would have been more meaningful since Haruto was talking about moving back to Hiroshima and Yuzuki didn't hate the idea of it. Plus Hiroshima was where they first met, fell in love, watched the fireworks, childhood memories, etc..

In the end I like it alot. Will definitely read again. :D
Feb 12, 2014 2:18 PM
Dec 2013
dd9679 said:

I just didn't like the ending that much. The reunion between Haruto and Yuzuki seem too rushed.. (Meet at the tree -> success)

I was predicting from all the way to chapter 100 that Haruto would move to HIROSHIMA and open restaurant there. I think that would have been more meaningful since Haruto was talking about moving back to Hiroshima and Yuzuki didn't hate the idea of it. Plus Hiroshima was where they first met, fell in love, watched the fireworks, childhood memories, etc..

I agree that despite me being rageful at the book it was fun to read and hopefully Fuuka will be too.
Feb 12, 2014 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
Spider-titan55 said:
dd9679 said:

I agree that despite me being rageful at the book it was fun to read and hopefully Fuuka will be too.

Oh my god. You actually said something positive about KNIM \o/
Just kidding.

I'll be reading Fuuka too.
And I agree with you dd9679, I kinda expected them to move back to hiroshima. But staying in Tokyo does make sense too.
Feb 12, 2014 5:48 PM
Mar 2013
ekanseht said:
Spider-titan55 said:
dd9679 said:

Oh my god. You actually said something positive about KNIM o/
Just kidding.

I'll be reading Fuuka too.
And I agree with you dd9679, I kinda expected them to move back to hiroshima. But staying in Tokyo does make sense too.

Yeah I enjoyed it alot. It was a fun journey for 3 years of reading this manga.

It's just mysterious because the title: A Town Where YOU Live, I didn't know who the YOU was until the end. It was Haruto saying to Yuzuki and the town is Tokyo, not Hiroshima :)
Feb 13, 2014 5:48 AM

Jul 2008
I laughed through the whole thing. You really blew it, Seo. Well played.
Feb 13, 2014 6:03 AM
Dec 2013
2-D said:
I laughed through the whole thing. You really blew it, Seo. Well played.

He sure did. Well Seo planned on releasing it in may or march which would've helped establish the arc more but due to editorial we got a completely rushed resolution and ending. And Fuuka doesn't seem to be strong either
Feb 13, 2014 8:20 AM
Dec 2013
There's gonna be some extras that take place after 260. It's confirmed in seo's twitter. Hopefully we'll get some insight on the characters
Feb 13, 2014 9:20 AM

Nov 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
There's gonna be some extras that take place after 260. It's confirmed in seo's twitter. Hopefully we'll get some insight on the characters

An extra of Haruto divorcing Yuzuki and going Hikikomori with the helmet accompanying on his new journey. That will be worth reading for a good laugh.

If it is just like Suzuka, I doubt spider will get his insight on the job hunting girl and the lesbian chick. Most likely, he will copy from "Suzuka" and make it about a trip to Hirishima, to the town where haruto lived.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Is there a better english translation of this manga?

Reshiram_IX - Apr 17

2 by Cristobal2325 »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 132 Discussion

belarion - Apr 21, 2011

22 by Mohan_Raj3 »»
Mar 19, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 140 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechDragon - Jun 21, 2011

113 by uruna117 »»
Jan 20, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 259 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

outkastfox - Jan 26, 2014

1089 by DarkHumor04 »»
May 28, 2023 4:09 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 253 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viesiu - Nov 23, 2013

61 by psyche-K »»
Sep 28, 2022 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.