Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 4, 2023 12:50 PM

Jul 2017
Damn this series was awesome and the finale was great. Wish the laughing man would've joined the group tho
Jul 27, 2023 9:04 AM
Mar 2023
estuvo buenisimo y todo,pero siento que al final se arreglo todo muy rápidamente para la situación en la que estaban,además que si la mayor podia cambiar su alma a otro cuerpo antes de morir,eso no quiere decir que es practicamente inmortal???? siento que eso le quita bastante tensión a todo lo que ocurre en la serie pero igual es que no lo entendí bien y solo puede hacerlo si es que es consciente de que la van a matar
Feb 17, 6:12 AM
Dec 2018
The anime ends in a good way. The series is beautiful. Returning the anime was a good decision to understand the anime more

The characters, production, and dialogues are beautiful, Pato is the best character, and the action is beautiful and balanced

It deserves a full mark, I really loved it
10/10
Apr 5, 7:53 AM
Sep 2022
I'm totally speechless - IT'S A FUCKING MASTERPIECE IN TERMS OF EVERYTHING. LITERALLY A PERFECT EMBODIMENT OF DETECTIVE SERIES. Absolutely deserved 10/10 & must-have to watch.
Jun 30, 10:22 PM
Jul 2023
I had to use every single one of my neurons in that convo between Motoko and Laughing Man. Watching it was a easy W imo. Loved everything about it.
Aug 6, 4:35 PM

Nov 2014
Each time I rewatch this series I like it less. It gestures half-heartedly toward potentially interesting ideas without ever committing to fully integrating them into the story, most of the standalone episode plotlines are laughably undercooked, every character besides the tachikomas is utterly dull and unsympathetic, and the main storyline amounts to nothing more than some autist's grievance with a pharmaceutical company followed by a descent into bland shoot-outs driven by mundane political concerns. As an examination of mass-social phenomena with no clear origin, Paranoia Agent is far superior. As a thrilling sci-fi series imbued with daring sociopolitical concepts, Psycho-Pass is far superior. As an episodic series whose individual storylines feed into an underlying thematic bedrock that enriches the overarching narrative, Cowboy Bebop is far superior. And of course, it goes without saying that it doesn't come close to the 1995 movie in any respect.

To be clear, despite all these complaints, it isn't a bad show, and in certain episodes such as 11 and 15 it comes close to living up to the GITS name, but there's so much mediocrity weighing it down. Like why is it that in 9 hours of runtime, we don't get a single scene of detective work which is even a tenth as cool as the bit in the original film where they figure out that cloaked soldiers have infiltrated Section 9 by checking the floor pressure sensors? Why didn't we get a single action scene which used the concepts of the setting to do something unique? Why didn't any of the main cast have a single conversation that humanized them in any way, allowing you to feel even remotely invested when they get hunted down at the end? The original movie is 80 minutes long and delivers all of this and more in spades.

I will never understand why people rave about Kamiyama, he simply isn't one of the greats. If this series isn't proof enough of that then look no further than Eden of The East, which justifiably ended his career as a director of tentpole anime series.
Sep 4, 10:52 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to OneMoreFinal
Each time I rewatch this series I like it less. It gestures half-heartedly toward potentially interesting ideas without ever committing to fully integrating them into the story, most of the standalone episode plotlines are laughably undercooked, every character besides the tachikomas is utterly dull and unsympathetic, and the main storyline amounts to nothing more than some autist's grievance with a pharmaceutical company followed by a descent into bland shoot-outs driven by mundane political concerns. As an examination of mass-social phenomena with no clear origin, Paranoia Agent is far superior. As a thrilling sci-fi series imbued with daring sociopolitical concepts, Psycho-Pass is far superior. As an episodic series whose individual storylines feed into an underlying thematic bedrock that enriches the overarching narrative, Cowboy Bebop is far superior. And of course, it goes without saying that it doesn't come close to the 1995 movie in any respect.

To be clear, despite all these complaints, it isn't a bad show, and in certain episodes such as 11 and 15 it comes close to living up to the GITS name, but there's so much mediocrity weighing it down. Like why is it that in 9 hours of runtime, we don't get a single scene of detective work which is even a tenth as cool as the bit in the original film where they figure out that cloaked soldiers have infiltrated Section 9 by checking the floor pressure sensors? Why didn't we get a single action scene which used the concepts of the setting to do something unique? Why didn't any of the main cast have a single conversation that humanized them in any way, allowing you to feel even remotely invested when they get hunted down at the end? The original movie is 80 minutes long and delivers all of this and more in spades.

I will never understand why people rave about Kamiyama, he simply isn't one of the greats. If this series isn't proof enough of that then look no further than Eden of The East, which justifiably ended his career as a director of tentpole anime series.
@OneMoreFinal

You could simply say you are a GITS movie elitist and Oshii fanboy

Good job missing all the things what maskes the show great and the other stuff that are supposedly missing from the show according to your limited understanding
JoeChipSep 4, 10:55 AM
Sep 4, 1:51 PM

Nov 2014
Reply to JoeChip
@OneMoreFinal

You could simply say you are a GITS movie elitist and Oshii fanboy

Good job missing all the things what maskes the show great and the other stuff that are supposedly missing from the show according to your limited understanding
@JoeChip If you have something substantial to say in favor of the show I am open to hearing it and fully willing to be convinced that I am wrong. Just throwing out a couple of sentences of insults isn't really constructive though.
Sep 23, 3:53 AM

May 2015
Thus that makes the end of the first season for Stand Alone Complex. Watching Togusa come to terms with the outcome of the section 9 case and nearly starting another laughing man event with his attempted assassination was wild. He truly is the heart of this tale! Also, it might not have been done directly by our heroes hands, but Yakushima was caught and i'm satisfied with that.

Things were looking dicey for a couple episodes there, tons of cliffhangers and close calls. But Aramaki had it all figured out, because there is only one squad fit to be called his section 9. I'm glad this show went for a happy ending. The characters are neat, the action is cool and I really enjoyed how the episodic episodes gave depth to the world and endeared us to the team. Also Motoko is one badass FMC, always staying cool and collected while remaining a few steps ahead of her opponents the majority of the time.

10/10 Ghost in the Shell SAC. 10/10!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

89 by Magicmist »»
Sep 22, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 8, 2008

114 by Magicmist »»
Sep 21, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Sep 8, 2008

51 by Magicmist »»
Sep 21, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jul 12, 2008

78 by Magicmist »»
Sep 19, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 22 Discussion

aero - Sep 8, 2008

45 by Magicmist »»
Sep 17, 4:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.