Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 10, 2021 3:58 PM

Mar 2021
ughhh ooishi is the worsttttt. watching him try to interrogate satoko bordered on cringe. seriously why is he so inept?? why does he keep interrogating schoolchildren?? shouldn't he be going after the adults??
Dec 10, 2021 9:41 AM
Jul 2021
these van people and the hospital nurse were definitely part of the conspiracy and why the hell were the students at school at midnight. i need answers and oishi why the fuck could you not come earlier
Dec 18, 2021 9:51 PM

Aug 2020
Oh well... At least we got more information in this episode.

Back to the time loop we go.

Mokocchi_x3 said:
ughhh ooishi is the worsttttt. watching him try to interrogate satoko bordered on cringe. seriously why is he so inept?? why does he keep interrogating schoolchildren?? shouldn't he be going after the adults??

What adults? They all died. She is the only survivor.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 6, 2022 3:24 PM
Nov 2020
Wtf oiishi ?? Imagine she had trauma why u do that to her , feel pity for satoko plz . Also that fuckin nurse kill my satoko goddamit
Jun 6, 2022 5:59 PM
Mar 2014
My own thought on Rena's message is that the gas disaster is in fact planned. I took it as the show saying that Rena survived what took place and was then killed off by someone since you would quarantine a victim and provide supportive care vs killing them. I think Satoko realized that Rena was probably killed by the same people who followed her.

Rika being killed over and over, but keep in mind that in a previous arc, they showed that her intestines were pulled out. We heard in the first season that they can do this while a victim is alive so perhaps they wanted to extract something from Rika. Her being apparently the reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama then the disaster happening soon after does seem to lend credence to the theory that they need to kill her to cause the disaster.

As for who the people in white are, hard to say at this point. Oishi's frustration is definitely felt! Imagine if he knew that they killed Kuma too.
May 25, 2023 9:15 PM
Oct 2022
8igfan said:
My own thought on Rena's message is that the gas disaster is in fact planned. I took it as the show saying that Rena survived what took place and was then killed off by someone since you would quarantine a victim and provide supportive care vs killing them. I think Satoko realized that Rena was probably killed by the same people who followed her.

Rika being killed over and over, but keep in mind that in a previous arc, they showed that her intestines were pulled out. We heard in the first season that they can do this while a victim is alive so perhaps they wanted to extract something from Rika. Her being apparently the reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama then the disaster happening soon after does seem to lend credence to the theory that they need to kill her to cause the disaster.

As for who the people in white are, hard to say at this point. Oishi's frustration is definitely felt! Imagine if he knew that they killed Kuma too.
I felt Oishi's frustration. He did pretty well in figuring out that the gas incident was a hoax, but it was too late! 
Just as we were about to get more answers, it slipped away.

Sep 1, 3:01 PM

Feb 2015
The overall story is great, I think most people agree on this. But this episode's pacing was stiff like an overcooked steak. You can see what will happen from a mile away, and then the pacing takes its sweet time to deliver what you already know will happen. The pacing of torture. Also because the bad ending was avoidable, which doubles the annoyance factor.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

LunarEmerald - Dec 3, 2007

196 by NightOwl8641 »»
Oct 13, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Nov 19, 2007

100 by WutenderEnte »»
Sep 7, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

windy - Jul 26, 2007

102 by AkiFosu »»
Sep 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

368 by benisgu »»
Jul 8, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Nov 12, 2007

113 by benisgu »»
Jul 6, 3:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.