Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 9, 2015 3:31 AM
Jul 2015
JustALEX said:
AntiBullyRanger said:
Yeah, because you know better than the "fate fanboys" that have actually read the manga

No I don't know better.....I judge this anime purely on the anime, not on the manga.

That's one thing I will never understand.

People can't separate themselves from the original source and an adaptation.

When I go to see a movie, I care about the movie and ultimately I will say whether I liked it or not based on the movie....not the books or whatever was used to make the movie possible.

Let me give you an example....Harry Potter fanboys have such a hard time watching the movies.....the books is all they think about, they can't just enjoy the movies for what they are.

They have to be overly critical of every little thing that the movies changed.
I was referring to:
Personally, I LOVE the SOL scenes, you can't make an anime with a bunch of cute girls and expect it to be all about fighting....if you want nothing but fights, go watch Fate Stay Night or Fate Zero.

If you want nothing but plot and edgy scenes....go watch that other stuff.

But if you're like me, and you enjoy light-hearted stuff with a mix of good action scenes and all around fun characters, than this is your anime.

you know nothing about the tone since you havent read it, whereas the fans do

obviously we're going to voice our disappointment if the adaptation changes something for no reason and makes it worse than it could've been if they just stuck to the source material
Oct 9, 2015 7:07 AM

Aug 2014
YggdrasilTM said:

Jack the ripper?
Vlad?

Jack: One or both of those are irregular heroic spirits.
Vlad: One affected by the innocent monster skill/parameter and influenced by how the world views him and one not.
Oct 9, 2015 3:34 PM

Jun 2008
AntiBullyRanger said:

obviously we're going to voice our disappointment if the adaptation changes something for no reason and makes it worse than it could've been if they just stuck to the source material

Jesus Christ!

Do you not get that an anime and manga are two SEPARATE THINGS?

Again....you people are no better than the Harry Potter fanboys that hate the movies because they weren't exactly like the books.

You people don't understand that an adaptation does NOT mean it has to be 100% like the original source.

And besides there's already going to be a 4th season....whatever they changed will most likely be addressed in the next season.

At this point, you people are bitching for no other reason then wanting to bitch.
Oct 9, 2015 7:08 PM
Jul 2015
JustALEX said:
Jesus Christ!

Again....you people are no better than the Harry Potter fanboys that hate the movies because they weren't exactly like the books.

You people don't understand that an adaptation does NOT mean it has to be 100% like the original source.

And besides there's already going to be a 4th season....whatever they changed will most likely be addressed in the next season.

At this point, you people are bitching for no other reason then wanting to bitch.
Holy shit, calm your autism
we know that they're different things, doesnt mean we cant have expectations for it to be similar to the source material, since it is a fucking adaptation of it
If its disappointing for whatever reason, we are allowed to say it

were you dropped on your head when you were a baby or something
Oct 10, 2015 2:29 AM

Jul 2007
JustALEX said:
AntiBullyRanger said:

Jesus Christ!

Someone does not understand what they are talking about. Not surprising.

Its still an adaptation. It has to ADAPT. Replacing an entirety of the story's ending with a unfitting filler sequence is baffling and should be disliked.

YggdrasilTM said:
MightyM16 said:

There is only one version of each hero stored on the throne tho

Thus having two versions of Gil is impossible

Jack the ripper?
Vlad?

Different aspects of same heroic spirit.

Jack

Vlad
AhenshihaelOct 10, 2015 2:32 AM
Oct 10, 2015 10:33 PM

Jun 2015
My reaction to the ending:

Where is your God Silverlink now?

Oct 11, 2015 1:11 AM

Jul 2007
Sherou said:

#stillbetterthanufoubw

Getting 7 minutes wrong is better than getting an entire show wrong.
Oct 11, 2015 2:31 AM

Jun 2009
Definitely the weakest season overall. Not nearly enough Miyu x Illya scenes (were there any at all?). I'll still give this a 7/10 although I did consider a 6/10.
Oct 12, 2015 8:48 AM

Dec 2007
Woof. Those were some plot filled final four episodes, unlike the rest of this season. When they went into the mirror world and took minutes doing something that was supposed to be instantaneous, that was pretty cool. That fight had some understandable strategy behind it and wasn't just technobabble. But then it goes into a longwinded explanation about where the eighth card comes from, and it's just a bunch of shit pulled from someone's ass. This is what makes Kaleid Liner entirely fanservice as far as i'm concerned. Gay lolis is of course fanservice (for perverts like me), but the story is also fanservice for Fate fans. It throws in concepts that only nerds understand, and introduces characters that nerds can't get enough of. It's like a fanfic. Nothing about this story is good as its own story!

This started out as such a good magical girl parody. Then it had to get a fanservicy story and be an alternate timeline or something. What a waste. For me. I would have loved to see this go the standard Nanoha-ish formula and just have a new story each season. Maybe that only happens in original anime and not in manga.

Whatever. I'll probably watch the next season too. For lolis and so i can whine a bit more on things i don't care about.
Oct 12, 2015 3:00 PM

Jun 2015
Volbla said:
Woof. Those were some plot filled final four episodes, unlike the rest of this season. When they went into the mirror world and took minutes doing something that was supposed to be instantaneous, that was pretty cool. That fight had some understandable strategy behind it and wasn't just technobabble. But then it goes into a longwinded explanation about where the eighth card comes from, and it's just a bunch of shit pulled from someone's ass. This is what makes Kaleid Liner entirely fanservice as far as i'm concerned. Gay lolis is of course fanservice (for perverts like me), but the story is also fanservice for Fate fans. It throws in concepts that only nerds understand, and introduces characters that nerds can't get enough of. It's like a fanfic. Nothing about this story is good as its own story!

This started out as such a good magical girl parody. Then it had to get a fanservicy story and be an alternate timeline or something. What a waste. For me. I would have loved to see this go the standard Nanoha-ish formula and just have a new story each season. Maybe that only happens in original anime and not in manga.

Whatever. I'll probably watch the next season too. For lolis and so i can whine a bit more on things i don't care about.

A Fate/ anime is fanservice for Fate/ fans? Who woulda thunk?

You're probably gonna hate the next season because it shifts from loli slice of life fanservice to a more serious, complex story that's mostly fanservice for Type Moon geeks.

The changed ending, however, indicates that they may have changed some things to add more slice of life fanservice, so maybe you may be able to enjoy some of the episodes.
-Sherou-Oct 12, 2015 3:04 PM

Oct 13, 2015 3:27 PM

Dec 2007
Sherou said:
The changed ending, however, indicates that they may have changed some things to add more slice of life fanservice, so maybe you may be able to enjoy some of the episodes.

The Type Moon geeks' loss is my win!
Oct 19, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2011
JustALEX said:
AntiBullyRanger said:

Jesus Christ!

It doesnt have to be. Like, bakuman s3 removed an entire arc, and it worked in favor of the adaption. Hell, alot of the sol they added in this season actually were good additions imo, but the way the changed ending just falls flat, especially since drei is confirmed.
Oct 24, 2015 5:23 PM

Mar 2010
Was that female Gil in the end?
Oct 24, 2015 9:09 PM

May 2010
SayaViking said:
Was that female Gil in the end?

No, it was
(probably not much of a spoiler)
Oct 30, 2015 5:23 PM

May 2012
As thought this took me a while to finish, but well in general it was better than the first season. It still was lacking in the pacing but that's usual n the "Fate" franchise. The action in this one was also a nice addition but well I'm not looking forward for the third season but I guess I'll have to watch it anyway when it's finished airing.
Dec 9, 2015 4:50 PM

Aug 2013
I need more... 7/10 for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2016 7:03 PM

Aug 2009
well, reading all of your comments it seems like anime-only viewers are missing out big time... guess i should pick up the manga before going to 3rei

while i wasn't upset, i do agree it is a mediocre ending

at least that tiny teaser at the end had my attention
Feb 9, 2016 2:46 AM

Jan 2011
Yo what's with that change when 3rei is confirmed anyway?
Jun 26, 2016 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
I think the series was okay. I just finish this to prepare for 3rei next month.
Jul 8, 2016 5:27 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Adaptating it like the end of the manga would had been for impacting, for the better.
Well onto Drei.
Aug 20, 2016 4:03 AM
Apr 2015
My, apparently Mahou Shojos are the strongest beings in nasuverse. I did not expect a random fire from Illya overpowering Enuma Elish just like that - I was expecting that Miyu would play a part in wish granting to help reverse the cause of Enuma Elish.

Maybe it was explained in the source, but watching this episode it feels like an asspull, that Illya was struggling against Gil's other weapons but faced Ea head-on and evaporated Gil, and then back to SoL the next day without any trace of injury.

Although the SoL ending is a bit bothersome, I'm more bothered by the lack of explanation of Illya's power (it could very well be that I missed it).

Gil was also laughing way too much - maybe the writer got sick or something?
Aug 26, 2016 12:08 PM

Dec 2012
Just checked the manga ending. Yes it was significantly better, but it's not impossible to save it.

I mean, I guess they already have since it's airing and with the best MAL rating for fate/kaleid yet, lol.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 28, 2016 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
They're all PTSD now. Those girls are gonna need hella trigger warnings when they get to college.
Oct 31, 2016 9:11 PM

Nov 2013
Shota Gil sure is an annoying little fucktard.

How Illya finished that monster was awesome.

Pretty emotional conclusion of the fight and reuniting with Miyu.

The second half was lighthearted and funny. Another instance of drowsy Illya and Kuro used her chance. Shirou saw them and got it totally wrong, as expected. Don't lie Kuro, Illya only jumps on loli maids.

Nice homework session. Tatsuko sure is a strange little animal.

Illya's blabbering let the Imagination run wild again.

Two new enemies with bad fashion sense appear.
TheBigGuyNov 1, 2016 2:46 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 26, 2017 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
Did I see Gil boobs in the end? :o
This sits pretty much between the first and the second season to me when it comes to the rating. A bit too much SoL in the beginning and not enough fanservice. 5/10
Jul 16, 2017 8:59 AM

Jul 2009
It similar to what happened with 2wei. The fight just ended midwat and it became a slice of life for the other half.

At least S3 is confirmed for now, but I do feel that this season had more fillers compared to the rest.

Oh well, on to S3!!!
Oct 9, 2017 2:32 PM

Nov 2014
Action scenes were great as always... but this ending felt underwhelming. I expected some more consequences of Illya goiing full Rambo mode, not just few bruises and her standing there as if nothing happened. On the other hand I watch it for lolis, not drama.
Aaaand because of that I'm a bit worried about what will happen next. For all I care it could be just full SoL show, but it seems next season is going to be heavy from the very beginning :(
Oct 22, 2017 2:24 AM
Jun 2015
Fai said:
Sherou said:

#stillbetterthanufoubw

Getting 7 minutes wrong is better than getting an entire show wrong.

"getting an entire show wrong"
Hyperbole gets you nowhere.
Except proving you're a lying salty bitch of course.
Alter_AOct 22, 2017 2:29 AM
Oct 24, 2017 7:57 AM
Jan 2017
The things that makes me disappointed is the fact enuma elish is defeated by a fuckin mahou shoujo loli...
Oct 24, 2017 8:06 AM
Jan 2017
boukendesho said:
My, apparently Mahou Shojos are the strongest beings in nasuverse. I did not expect a random fire from Illya overpowering Enuma Elish just like that - I was expecting that Miyu would play a part in wish granting to help reverse the cause of Enuma Elish.

Maybe it was explained in the source, but watching this episode it feels like an asspull, that Illya was struggling against Gil's other weapons but faced Ea head-on and evaporated Gil, and then back to SoL the next day without any trace of injury.

Although the SoL ending is a bit bothersome, I'm more bothered by the lack of explanation of Illya's power (it could very well be that I missed it).

boukendesho said:

I'm interested with your comments that enuma elish should be the most powerful noble phantasm and cannot be defeated by some magic power from two motherfuckin stick that made by human...

And I actually just interested with the gilgamesh super power character and emiya shirou harem....

The main character must include emiya shirou and gilgamesh too because it will be great to see the undefeated gilgamesh and harem emiya shirou as an ally...
Oct 29, 2017 4:38 AM

Jul 2007
Yohko666 said:
The things that makes me disappointed is the fact enuma elish is defeated by a fuckin mahou shoujo loli...

A holy grail powered by third magic wielding two second-magic powered two sticks IS more powerful than One fourth of serious gilgamesh.

There are plenty of things in this setting that can bitchslap gilgamesh in seconds.
Jan 7, 2018 3:18 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm, even before reading all of the rage posting, I felt something different about Herz. It was considerably underwhelming in comparison to its predecessors. Nearly half of the episodes felt disproportionately dedicated to loli shenanigans. Can't say I dislike that side of it, but I preferred the balance that came with the prequels. With 2wei focusing on Kuro, I was hoping to see a greater emphasis on Miyu. Still, I'll take what I got with this.

With that out of the way, the second half definitely delivered. Great to see my favorite Fate character (Gilgamesh) make an entrance, even if it was shota Gil. Illya's special transformation was really mesmerizing as well; seeing it in the OP was the part that got me hyped for this season in the first place. Though I humbly declare that I know very little about Type Moon lore, I still find it fascinating to see how Kaleid is incorporating the Holy Grail War into what I thought would just be magical loli yuri.

6.5/10, probably going to round up to a 7 because those Illya x Kuro moments keep making me go:
Sep 8, 2018 8:10 PM
May 2017
Great final battle. New villains?
I look forward to next season.
Nov 14, 2018 4:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It´s not the end and two new enemies appeared after the ED!!!!
Happy end for this season and Miyu is a normal girl finally!!!! Cool!!! kekeke
Jan 8, 2019 2:10 PM

Sep 2014
The season overall was still nice, but I feel this could have been better.

My main problem, aside from miyu also being a holy grail from another world (fcking isekai everywhere) was power scaling. Like, how Kuro has gone from single handedly defeating their entire group to as useless as the rest. Or how Illya was first pretty strong, then weak, now by the power of friendship she defeats the most OP enemy. Idk. Felt too random.

I think I will actually go out of my way and read the manga for once.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 22, 2019 6:37 PM

Oct 2015
I see they decided to end this shit on a long happy note, how lame! I see they didn't get the eight card either and Miyu will continue to exist in this world. That cliff hanger though about the parallel world and the mysterious two figures got me intrigued for the next season!

Overall this piece of shit of an anime started off messed up, as if the writers were bored and just wanted to play around. I mean some real heavy fanservice was done most of parts this series, from loli Yuri, BL, harem, beach episode, theme park episode, loli lewds, festival episode, and more Yuri. Shit, it was almost like they were desperate to make this anime appeal to the general anime viewers. What pissed me off is that I was originally going to give this 3 and never bother with the 3rd season, but with later developments and cliffhangers I just couldn't! Damn I fell into the trap.

5/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 17, 2019 10:09 PM

Aug 2015
So, my enjoyment of Prisma Illya is proportional with the amount of Luvia and Rin in it, and while there some nice Rin and Luvia antics in earlier episodes, I've been enjoying this less and less since season 1.
Especially this season, which didn't even have any magical girl action until episode 7. Bazett and Caren are nice bonuses though., but I'm left wondering when we will see Sakura Matou.

I have to say I have a love hate relationship with Prisma Illya, since the the Fate fanservice - Caren, Bazett, Luvia, the Saber Lion park, is great, but the loli stuff and school life bullshit is kinda tedious.

Dec 21, 2019 2:35 AM

Dec 2018
Guess, I shouldn't expect any death from this show except the death of the antagonist.

They didn't even think to bribe Bazett, knowing she's in dire for money.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 20, 2020 4:43 PM
Sep 2019
Comedy was really good most of the times, loli stuff was really hard to watch and story-wise it was so promising, but only half delivering. So many points still to explain, which I guess will happen in the next season.
Sep 23, 2020 1:45 AM

Oct 2007
Amazing. Illya is strong enough to beat Ea..

funny, when "cards" were mentioned while they were doing homework. lol

looks like some new villains on next season.
Apr 11, 2022 8:19 AM

Jan 2015
I knew it was Iri at the start from how she was driving, hahaha.
I might have to check out the manga's version of how they did the ending but honestly, I don't see what the harm in this sort of ending is at all, was conclusive as well as fitting into the feel of the season in general.

If it did stuff which heavily fights what's actually canon, I get it, but as the ending to the season, as is? It is good. This is from my perspective as someone who hasn't read the manga.
Also, honestly the best fight of the series so far, as well as being the most emotional climax. Illya tricking her circuits to go push the boundaries like that was awesome. Miyu made me happy as well. We had some teases to her past with her brother...
I forgot to say this in a couple of the previous discussions but good thing Illya was wearing gloves during the Gilgamesh incident, hahaha.
Two fucking Gilgameshes at the end? Fuckin' hell! Knew Girlgamesh was a thing (saw her in this video (by the way, not rewatching this till I've caught up with this series, so, while I did see things, I'm going to be pretty unfamiliar with the scenes when I get up to them), which is what had me even start this series.
Have loved it. Huge step above the first season, this second series (second and third season together).
Jul 4, 2022 7:31 PM
Mar 2019
Another Good season, nothing more.
May 28, 2023 3:43 AM
Aug 2022
Como sempre o poder da amizade resolve tudo
Nov 8, 2023 1:55 PM
Jul 2023
It was alright, gigamesh carried
- it’s always nice to see some more Gilgamesh
- Illya’s true form is visually amazing
- Miyu is saved! Those tears looked high budget
- Gilgamesh escapes!
- Kissing at the end with Shirou walking in was funny since he reacted differently this time
- I heard that this was meant to be a cliffhanger ending in the manga, maybe they’ll fix it next season
Sep 1, 10:07 PM

Feb 2016
I understood so little of the story in Herz, I wonder if I somehow missed an episode.
その目だれの目?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

103 by ChrisDC »»
Jul 16, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

86 by ChrisDC »»
Jul 16, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2015

75 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

170 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 4, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

97 by Karva1 »»
Feb 21, 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.