Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 7, 11:35 PM

Dec 2018
God, not Ultimatia...she was the only Dragon I liked (much more than crimson for sure). So damned sad. Silver Princess is alive thank goodness, but we still have lost so many friends along the way. One thing I can say about this show is that it doesn't pull punches, lots of great characters lost their lives in this terribly sad battle. I feel like Ragna can maybe take a week or two off instead of setting out to kill more dragons. I mean not just physically but emotionally that was a rough bout.
Apr 7, 11:38 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to traed
So much dead in the end. So many bodies.

This show is such an extreme mixed bag I dont know what to think of it. Originally I was watching for Leo then she got pushed aside then I was watching for Crimson and Ultamatia but Crimson's attitude also kind of got on my nerves sometimes. Some of the fights were great and others full of stupid asspull seemingly endless power ups while they should be dead. I felt very entertained sometimes and bored others. The humour in this was god aweful on majority of the joke attempts too. Does a good job at telling a sad subplots in it though. And holy shit those stupid faces Ragna makes and he is literally the most annoying MC I've ever seen and I have to wonder if that was intentional seeing how Crimson also knows he's an idiot.
@traed Yeah honestly I enjoyed the show for the other characters not Ragna or Crimson, too bad most of them died.
Apr 8, 5:48 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to StateofOhayo
@traed Yeah honestly I enjoyed the show for the other characters not Ragna or Crimson, too bad most of them died.
@StateofOhayo
Yeah I can understand that. This has some of the weirdest character writing in any show ive seen.
Apr 10, 2:29 AM
Jun 2021
The Story was just fine, a textbook shounen anime which was carried by the characters like Lia and Kamui,l
I really didn't like Ragna as a character, he literally ended up becoming an overpowered Killing Machine as the story kept progressing that we forgot the fact that he was also a "human" character, the rest cast did a fine job. While the animation was still pleasing to me, i wish we could have gotten better soundtracks, a set of good soundtracks can make a huge difference from a mid and above average show and that's where I felt Ragna Crimson could have done better in my eyes

Overall a good show, had an excellent premiere and felt a bit edgy on few moments but turned out to be satisfactory, the fights were good and I guess that's all about it, I would rate it 6.5-7 ≈ 7/10
A Low B Tier show for me

I wish we could have seen more of Leon, hopefully she will join Ragna in the later fights with the rest of the 5 bloodlines to make it feel more impactful if we ever got more of Ragna Crimson in future
Apr 12, 3:04 PM
Aug 2023
The ending was a bit too forced. They clearly want to make a second season of the show.
Apr 19, 1:00 AM
Jul 2012
Don't know if I missed it, but one thing I'm still confused about. Did Chimera survive or nah? Didn't see her in the ending scenes. Not to mention they really rushed introducing the snake thing only to seemingly kill him off quick enough? Kind of weird. Not sure if Chimera's fate was just overlooked in the ending or if she actually died, died. I'd assume alive since Golem was, but I don't really know otherwise.
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Apr 19, 1:18 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to Zarial
Don't know if I missed it, but one thing I'm still confused about. Did Chimera survive or nah? Didn't see her in the ending scenes. Not to mention they really rushed introducing the snake thing only to seemingly kill him off quick enough? Kind of weird. Not sure if Chimera's fate was just overlooked in the ending or if she actually died, died. I'd assume alive since Golem was, but I don't really know otherwise.
@Zarial If you want spoilers:

Apr 26, 1:18 PM
Nov 2022
anime maravilhoso!
Apr 27, 2:44 AM

Jan 2014
so the Winged Monarch is done.
there's still 5 remaining monarch. I hope there's season 2 or 3 for this.

can I assume that Ragna is the strongest Dragon Slayer from this?
because Gilzea confirmed that he reached her level, and she's the current strongest Dragon monarch.
May 4, 3:48 AM
Aug 2021
WAIT THE NEXT BLOODLINE? I thought that was the main bloodline or are there 8 winged Monarchs? Fairs she actually managed to save a lot of them. Even though they are limbless now😂😂. This was a nice anime plot armour went crazy though.
May 4, 3:51 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to The_Black_B3ast
WAIT THE NEXT BLOODLINE? I thought that was the main bloodline or are there 8 winged Monarchs? Fairs she actually managed to save a lot of them. Even though they are limbless now😂😂. This was a nice anime plot armour went crazy though.
@The_Black_B3ast The anime doesn't bring it much so it's easy to miss or forget about it but it was already stated at the end of episode 2 that there are 6 Bloodlines in total, and of course, each Bloodline has their Dragon Monarch:

Bloodline of Wings (Ultimatia)
Bloodline of Claws (Gilzea)
Bloodline of Roars
Bloodline of Bones
Bloodline of Eyes
Bloodline of Scales
May 5, 4:22 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to xZabuzax
@The_Black_B3ast The anime doesn't bring it much so it's easy to miss or forget about it but it was already stated at the end of episode 2 that there are 6 Bloodlines in total, and of course, each Bloodline has their Dragon Monarch:

Bloodline of Wings (Ultimatia)
Bloodline of Claws (Gilzea)
Bloodline of Roars
Bloodline of Bones
Bloodline of Eyes
Bloodline of Scales
@xZabuzax Oh okay. Thank you so much for the explanation.
May 21, 1:22 PM

Mar 2013
Weird feeling watching the finale arc, i couldn't care less about the fight (outside Kamui obviously) but the author really outdid himself with all the flashback and Ragna struggle to make me lost it when Starlia survived out of nowhere, also damn the backstory of Altemacia, hope the rest of the bloodline are this good and not Ragna going genociding people because their cousin killed his master.
May 23, 12:13 AM
Mar 2024
Enjoyed it very much
May 27, 12:51 PM
Nov 2023
not perfect, but a great story filled with exciting stuff that was worth the watch, although its a bit cheesy at times
Jun 4, 12:10 AM
Mar 2024
It was unique one.
Jun 13, 7:16 AM
Oct 2017
this was a masterpiece loved every ep of it I hope a s2 will come in the future
Jun 13, 7:16 AM
Oct 2017
this was a masterpiece loved every ep of it I hope a s2 will come in the future
Jun 24, 12:57 AM
Nov 2016
This had so much potential at the start but the author crashed it spectacularly against a wall.
Like holy shit, anyone could write a better story after episode 5 or so. After that point even if you expected the worst, the show managed to surpass even that with something awful i'd never even dream of.

Abso fucking lutely garbage anime. 1/10
Jun 28, 4:32 PM

May 2015
I'll miss this eccentric series. The Winged Bloodline were excellent antagonists, I loved how the author incorporated a lot of heroic tropes into them like the power of friendship and last second power ups. Although, I guess that would make Ragna and Crimson the ones doing villainous things like scheming and being unrelenting obstacles to overcome. Great anime! I hope it gets a season 2.
Jun 29, 3:50 AM

Jun 2022
1) This Is Seriously A Annoying Joke , Now He Can One Shot Him . The Hell!

2) Well , Atleast Some Bits Were Entertaining But They R Overshadowed By This Crappy Arc Now . Tsk , Wasted My Time On This Joke Of An Anime .
Jul 1, 12:46 AM
Jul 2020
It was a fun ride. Now we wait for another season
Jul 4, 9:04 AM

Jun 2013
I was a little disappointed. I liked the concept but the story is so dumb with the dragon god wanting to genocide all humans of a specific country because some shop closed down and all the OP antagonists just go along with it. I know it's a shonen anime so I don't expect anything intelligent, deep or meaningful but still it sounds so ridiculous. And to make matters worse most of these manga , anime, light novel etc. writers have no understanding of a fantasy setting. So they mix everything together. The main characters were okay and I really like mister slime. But I just don't get why the Japanese authors try to create empathy for genocidal antagonists by showing their "noble" past. How does that even matter anymore? I have seen this a lot in anime. It's like they have some kind of Stockholm syndrome when it comes to villains. After the last episode I feel like it's going to be more of a rinse and repeat with the next dragon monarch.
Jul 5, 6:20 AM
Jan 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
Arkx919 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Almost felt a little bad for Kamui and Ultimatia there at the end. When Kamui launched his sword there at the end, I thought he meant killing Ragna would be how he protected Ultimatia from death, but making a literal shade for her to be protected from the sun in was actually powerful. In the end, he did fulfil his promise and paid her back for saving him. Such an interesting romantic dynamic with the two of them. With her bloodline gone, I wonder what the future will hold for Ultimatia.

What are you on about? Ultimatia did not survive. She got punctured and smoked, like the bitch deserved. Neither her nor any of those filthy "dragons" deserve any remorse, consideration, sympathy, mercy, or understanding. They need to be put down without a second though, and as brutally as possible, after all the lives these monsters have taken. Glad the author of this series agrees.

You clearly didn’t watch the ending then lil bro. Before you get disrespectful make sure you finish an episode.
@Marinate1016 Mate. I'm up to date with the manga. Ultimatia is dead. She got burned to ashes, and that's what all "dragons" deserve in the world of Ragna Crimson. Wait till you witness the atrocities the other bloodlines have wrought. They're reprehensible without exception and with no redemption in sight.
Jul 9, 12:18 AM
May 2023
Reply to iDre4M
Nice ending, hoping that second season will happen sooner or lter.
@iDre4M nice ending???
Everyone died!!!!
And that pink haired girl from the first few episodes was never to be seen again!!!
Jul 9, 12:25 AM
May 2023
What the crap did i just watch....
This was one of those 'turn your brain off and enjoy' kinda anime... but nah.... this was way too stupid to enjoy!
First of all... that pink haired loli for the first few episodes was never seen again...
Everyone dies!!!
How tf did ragna reattach his head!!??!!
Who tf wrote this!!??

The edginess, the cringe, the unreasonable and illogical op-ness, the bad story.... a disabled love intrest, and ragna's plot armor!!! (How tf is homie breathing in space??)

Ima give this a 4/10
Ngl it was a bit fun to watch the chaos
Jul 22, 4:40 AM
Aug 2023
In the beginning I just wanted to watch the MC adventure with his loli, but then the anime turns into a genocide, revenge, and nearly everybody dies type anime. I think I got exhausted of the endless fighting and dying at the end of the evacuation/teleportation arc, but it just kept going. I didn't even find the Ragna vs lightning guy fight that satisfying even, they're just doing OP stuff to each other, and OP-ing out of dying back and forth.

Yeah, I think I agree with what others said about how the 2nd cour wasn't as good. I think I didn't really like the main characters that much either, I liked the side characters more, but most of them are dead now.
Jul 28, 11:23 PM
Sep 2023
waitting next dragon
Aug 4, 5:07 AM
Sep 2021
That anime was dumb fun, until it was so dumb it wasn't fun anymore. Were fights written by 12 years old?
Aug 7, 1:52 PM

Feb 2023
Insane ending i cant lie..

Aug 14, 8:34 AM

Mar 2015
How Ultimatia became a monarch was kinda confusing.. I'm guessing the dragon god doesn't have a physical form, so they're only able to create monarchs like what they did to Ultimatia. I'm also more interested in the sun old man, like who is he and how does he have the power to multiple dragon scourges? And I really wanted to see the other dragon scourges lol, since we've only seen Carla.

The fights also got boring towards the end there. The princess got insane plot armor lmao, but I'm still glad she survived. The show is pretty enjoyable despite plot armor carrying the MC, so its a 8/10 from me.

Sep 10, 7:32 AM
Sep 2021
I hoped so much that the princess wouldnt die, i didnt expect that to be the reality though.
Oct 12, 10:41 PM
Nov 2023
The animation fell off in the last couple of episode overall it was a descent watch

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 10

77 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.