Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 25, 2016 8:31 AM

Jan 2016
The first one I watched was probably either Pokemon or UFO baby.
Mirai Nikki, however, was the first one I watched after learning the difference between western animation and anime about 3 years ago.
Mar 4, 2016 6:55 AM

Dec 2014
Oh my....isn't this a thread for nostalgia anyways, my first was Cyborg Kuro-chan then came along Alps no Shoujo Heidi and Cardcaptor Sakura
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Mar 7, 2016 10:32 AM
Mar 2014
-FS- said:
My first anime was Ninja robots and speed racer in cartoon network. I was 10 when I first watched anime.

same here. I think i also watched Flame of Recca on AXN.
Apr 22, 2016 11:51 AM
Mar 2014
It's probably DBZ, but I don't really remember. Started watching Animax when I was like 9, and slowly learned the difference between cartoons and anime. Used to see plenty of stuff on it like Slam Dunk, Astro Boy, and quite a few more. I seriously started watching anime about 3 years ago.
Apr 23, 2016 9:20 PM
Apr 2016
I used to watch detective Conan in hungama(48 episodes only ) when I was a kid . After 12 and jee advance , i resumed watching it as (I got to know it had 700+ episode but in Japanese and I had a very long break). Then I watched monster and knb. Till Now I have seen 50+ anime serials .
Apr 24, 2016 10:25 AM
Jan 2016
Well my first anime was Jungle book shonen mowgli which i watched on doordarshan itself wen i ws under 5 i guess .....

The interesting point is dat i found out dat dis jungle book series ws infact an anime made in japan itself in 2009 wen i actively usin internet nd orkut fb etc. :P
Apr 24, 2016 10:30 AM

Nov 2014
kool_AnimeLover said:
Well my first anime was Jungle book shonen mowgli which i watched on doordarshan itself wen i ws under 5 i guess .....

The interesting point is dat i found out dat dis jungle book series ws infact an anime made in japan itself in 2009 wen i actively usin internet nd orkut fb etc. :P

how old are you?? :D
Apr 24, 2016 10:41 AM
Jan 2016
Nise-TrollMaster said:
kool_AnimeLover said:

m 27+ born in 1989

wat abt u ?? :P
Apr 24, 2016 10:50 AM

Oct 2014
kool_AnimeLover said:
Nise-TrollMaster said:

m 27+ born in 1989

*sabotaging T_M post muahahah*
well I just turned 18, nice to meet you
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Apr 24, 2016 10:53 AM
Jan 2016
Iizbakaokay said:
kool_AnimeLover said:

m 27+ born in 1989

Congratz on becumin an adult ;-)
Hey u cn vote nw u hav da power :P
Thanks nd nice to meet u as well :)
Apr 24, 2016 11:08 AM

Nov 2014
kool_AnimeLover said:
Nise-TrollMaster said:

m 27+ born in 1989

turned 22 last month :D

27 and still strong with anime. i wonder if that will be my life 5 yrs later XD
Apr 24, 2016 11:10 AM
Jan 2016
Nise-TrollMaster said:
kool_AnimeLover said:

m 27+ born in 1989

turned 22 last month :D

27 and still strong with anime. i wonder if that will be my life 5 yrs later XD

Well if u lik sumthn u wil do dat definately..... :P
Apr 24, 2016 11:52 AM

Oct 2014
kool_AnimeLover said:
Iizbakaokay said:

Anything but that ;-; I don't have a voter's id card yet. My BDay was in February and the cards were issued in January so I didn't qualify to get one. Unfortunately, I won't be able to vote in state elections this time.
Apr 25, 2016 6:55 AM
Jan 2016
Iizbakaokay said:
kool_AnimeLover said:

Anything but that ;-; I don't have a voter's id card yet. My BDay was in February and the cards were issued in January so I didn't qualify to get one. Unfortunately, I won't be able to vote in state elections this time.

Its allrite u cn contribute in overthrowin da govt. next yr. :P
Apr 27, 2016 2:39 AM
Aug 2014
13-14 years ago DBZ or Pokemon
Watched Naruto from the beginning on Disney XD one piece from 2002 or something
Apr 27, 2016 4:46 AM

Mar 2016
Cardcaptor Sakura and Magical Doremi when I was in 1st grade T^T
Apr 27, 2016 12:05 PM
Feb 2016
On Tv Animaniax just changing channels and i watched fairy tail episodes then i just start watching animes and become addicted to it lol :3
Jun 1, 2016 7:53 AM

Jul 2014
First would be Pokemon or beyblade ....(don't remember which..)
..my proper first would be inazuma 11 ....7 or 8 years ago..
Jun 11, 2016 2:10 AM

Apr 2016
It has to be Speed Racer and Ninja Robots on CN. It could also be The Jungle book. Depends on what aired first. Can't remember it very well. Then there were a bunch of anime I watched on AXN and CN. Later came Animax, and after that the internet.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Jun 21, 2016 3:35 AM
Apr 2016
Flame of Recca was the 1st anime I watched that I remember,and it was when they used to show anime in AXN ......
Jul 14, 2016 6:48 AM
Jun 2016
7th grade my friend introduced me to Full Moon wo Sagashite, and then I started Pandora Hearts soon after that.
Jul 22, 2016 11:37 PM

Feb 2016
I watched Yu-Gi-Oh! when it was airing, didn't really know it was anime then.

First proper interest towards anime was with Death Note Septemper 25th 2015, before one of my exams at 2 PM. I thought, "Hey, I have 20 minutes, let's see what all this anime hype is about."

Finished 35 episodes that day, and the last 2 post exam. No Regrets.

Since then I regularly watch anime before exams.
Jul 23, 2016 12:36 AM

Mar 2015
Enrich_Ilthens said:
I watched Yu-Gi-Oh! when it was airing,
First proper interest towards anime was with Death Note.
Bet you rated both 1/10.
dont't watch that anime if you are going to give it 1* and cry 10000 words in review about it.
Aug 2, 2016 10:11 AM

Mar 2015
RoyTF said:
Pokemon on CN ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) and i was 5 probably.

Pokemon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
dont't watch that anime if you are going to give it 1* and cry 10000 words in review about it.
Aug 2, 2016 12:34 PM

Oct 2014
RoyTF said:
Pokemon on CN ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) and i was 5 probably.
woah woah calm down, you just joined and lennies? damn, kids moves fast.
Aug 2, 2016 9:57 PM
Jun 2016
I watched Full Moon wo Sagashite at 12, probably Pandora Hearts after that. I guess I did see Pokemon as a kid, but the English version on Comcast On-Demand LOL.
Aug 3, 2016 12:07 AM

Jul 2015
Actually I forgot the name of the anime. I was 6 or 7 -.-. still to this day I am searching for it XD. Well you could say doraemon was my first
Aug 3, 2016 11:55 PM

Mar 2015
I_AM_FIRED_UP said:
Actually I forgot the name of the anime. I was 6 or 7 -.-. still to this day I am searching for it XD. Well you could say doraemon was my first

Maybe ask about the anime in that "anime finding request" thread on forums, other users help a lot in finding if you know some details.
Aug 4, 2016 12:55 AM

Jul 2015
YeAhx said:
I_AM_FIRED_UP said:

Maybe ask about the anime in that "anime finding request" thread on forums, other users help a lot in finding if you know some details.
The name started with p, it was in hindi dub on nicklodean. There were these dudes who could power up when they wore a helmet and they had this pika (ughh) badge or something
Aug 4, 2016 6:08 AM

Mar 2015
I_AM_FIRED_UP said:
The name started with p, it was in hindi dub on nicklodean. There were these dudes who could power up when they wore a helmet and they had this pika (ughh) badge or something

Perman
Aug 4, 2016 8:29 PM

Jul 2015
YeAhx said:
I_AM_FIRED_UP said:

Perman
YeAhx said:
I_AM_FIRED_UP said:

Perman
yup this is the one, thanks lol
Oct 25, 2016 9:36 AM
Nov 2015
First was Pokémon. However, I started getting serious with the whole anime thing with Naruto which was my first proper anime. That was a little more than 2 years ago.
Nov 4, 2016 1:46 PM
Jun 2014
My first encounter with anime was when I was like 5 or 6 and either Sailor Moon or Pokemon would be on TV. Though, I became more serious about anime after I watched Nabari no Ou on Netflix and it's been, I think, 8 years since I watched that show.
Nov 4, 2016 9:02 PM

Jul 2015
Bluewaves said:
My first encounter with anime was when I was like 5 or 6 and either Sailor Moon or Pokemon would be on TV. Though, I became more serious about anime after I watched Nabari no Ou on Netflix and it's been, I think, 8 years since I watched that show.

Sailor Moon aired in India ?
Nov 5, 2016 1:28 AM
Jun 2014
Cool_DuDE said:
Bluewaves said:

Sailor Moon aired in India ?
I can't answer that question definitively becasue I'm from America haha. I'm not sure what channels are broadcasted in India, but we have a channel here called Cartoon Network which showcases everything (american cartoons all the way to anime)
Nov 5, 2016 12:17 PM

Apr 2013
Twas probably back in the late 90's or early 00's with either Pokemon or Cardcaptor Sakura later on joined by DBZ, Hiedi,Pizza cats , speed racer , jungle book,pocahontas christopher columbus and what not.
Got hardcore with FMAB back in 2009 when it started airing and since then haven't looked back.

PS 2009-10 was the only year I had Animax
before that mamas and kaka's places were the place where I'd get to see some anime
and not to mention sony for airing UFO baby and cyborg kuro chan
Nov 6, 2016 12:09 PM
Aug 2016
I started this April, and the first Anime I watched was "Shinryaku! Ika Musume", English dub on Animax. Even though not very famous in this Anime ocean, its still one of my favourites.
Although technically, when I stumbled upon Animax while flipping channels, I had first encountered "Little Busters!" Since they were speaking Japanese, I wasn't particularly interested, and was going to change the channel, but then I read Kud's dialogue in the subtitle, where she talked about her breasts.
I sat up. Was I really in India? I mean, even the word 'kiss' was censored in one of those "Phineas and Ferb" episodes. How could they let this (THIS!!) happen?
Then I watched its Nishizono arc, and I was hooked, though I couldn't watch the rest of the series. (I downloaded it later and watched it though.) That's when it all began.

P.S. - Though I only vaguely remember the dialogue, I think Ferb saying "What are you waiting for, **** her!" is more perverted than "What are you waiting for, kiss her!" 😂 And sorry for the Ramayan!
TheBala2000Nov 6, 2016 12:13 PM
Jan 9, 2017 10:53 AM
Jan 2017
I was channel hopping one day and I suddenly came across Animax. I watched an entire episode of InuYasha and loved it. Ever since then I've loved anime!

Before this, I used to watch Detective Conan on Cartoon Network(from the first epi till it was discontinued) since I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan but I didn't know it was an anime until years later.
Jan 10, 2017 1:57 AM

Mar 2015
holmeskudo said:
I was channel hopping one day and I suddenly came across Animax. I watched an entire episode of InuYasha and loved it. Ever since then I've loved anime!

Before this, I used to watch Detective Conan on Cartoon Network(from the first epi till it was discontinued) since I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan but I didn't know it was an anime until years later.
Thats cool, planning on watching Inuyasha (someday).
Jan 10, 2017 4:06 AM
Feb 2016
The first anime I ever watched was DBZ on toonami, after which i started watching UFO baby, Princess comet, pokemon, cardcaptors sakura, naruto and the likes. I didn't know it was called anime back then though. After toonami and animax disappeared , i stopped for a while before getting back into it with FMA:B.
Jan 10, 2017 4:51 AM
Jan 2017
YeAhx said:
holmeskudo said:

Thats cool, planning on watching Inuyasha (someday).

It's pretty cool and kinda hilarious and sweet at he same time! Then again, I may be biased since it was my first anime after all :P
Jan 29, 2017 6:01 AM
Dec 2016
Well I have been Watching Dbz , Digimon , Beyblade and Pokemon for as long as i can remember...maybe from when i was 6-7 i think....nvm that..

SO i was in 4th Standard, Watching the Usual Ben 10 on Cartoon Network at 4:30 iirc....I found out a new show called NAruto was to start primering on CN from that day...

So i started watching it.The Opening Track , the Animation was way better compared to other "Cartoons" i usually saw. It had a preety good story and fight scenes too..

Then the next day...

The moment my Mom entered The Living Room, NAruto had to pull his Sexy Jutsu on the 3rd Hokage.....

Well needless to say , I was not allowed to watch it after that...

But i got my hands on it a couple of years later haha
Jan 29, 2017 9:33 AM

Oct 2014
Bio_Spark said:
The moment my Mom entered The Living Room, NAruto had to pull his Sexy Jutsu on the 3rd Hokage.....
Now, you watch anime for the "plot" only :P
Jan 31, 2017 10:02 AM

Nov 2016
My anime career started with Pokemon and Digimon when I was in grade 2 or something..(which I didn't know at that time...I kinda categorised everything from Cinderella to DBZ as cartoon)... And surprisingly I started dbz in grade 4.

My real animemania started when I was in grade 8....when I accidentally came across Animax...
My first in this category was Cardfight Vanguard, followed by Danball Senki!

My manga career started much more recently in class 9 with Naruto...this was followed by Ao Haru Ride and Strobe Edge.
Jan 31, 2017 11:12 AM

Jan 2017
My anime career started with pokemon,DBZ and Yu-Gi-oh when I was in 1st grade.
Then i continued watching anime on animax.
I only became a hardcore fan in 9th grade when i watched FMAB!!
Mar 7, 2017 10:06 PM
Nov 2016
It started for me with Dbz, naruto from cartoon network (thankfully in english cause my brother was kind enough to download it for me) though i never really knew they were anime. there always was shin-chan, doraemon, etc, etc... (again didnt know it was anime). The first ever actual anime that i knew was anime that i watched was Code Geass, that i pretty much completed in 2 school days (sleep?, meh). I used to read the manga for naruto and bleach so by then i knew there was lots of anime out there, and my brother told me that code geass was pretty awesome so i just went for it outta nowhere in 9th class. Honestly speaking, I didnt watch any other anime except for Code Geass for a whole year cause i thought that there simply could not have been anything better (which i still believe to be on some scale true). In 10th, i rewatched Code Geass, and then started rewatching again in a month. after about 4 cycles, when i literally had every scene engrossed deep in my memory, i thought about watching other stuff. then i watched attack on titan, akame ga kill(Don't know how i went from CG/AOT to Akame ga kill which honestly wasn't that great, but it made me want closure so i searched for some slife of life stuff) and eventually entered the world of anime. I'm a sucker now for non-cliche romance/slice of life so please help me out if you have something amazing that i haven't watched.(there probably is a lot cause i haven't yet seen a LOT of sol)
Holy **** i actually wrote a lot, phew.. (wipes sweat from brow)
Aug 26, 2017 7:52 AM

Aug 2016
I had a mindset that anime=action that's probably why I did not watch it until I was 17. The first proper anime I watched was The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.(Mainly I watch slice of life anime.) From there on I started watching more and fell in love with anime (basically Japanese culture and language). I am learning Japanaese because its fun.
Aug 26, 2017 11:44 AM

Oct 2015
oi why is ded thread is alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 21, 2017 4:27 AM

Dec 2016
Cardcaptor Sakura was my first anime, I watched it when I was 2 years old. :)
Oct 22, 2017 3:41 AM

Oct 2017
In the summer of 2015, about two years ago, I accidentally stumbled across an episode of Acchi Kocchi.

I went from being solid to a puddle with a warm heart. Since then, is when I started anime, after a bit of searching.
Rational rations of rational discussions are good!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Anime recommendations

Adevil123 - Nov 17, 2021

4 by GGfrankGG »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:47 AM

Sticky: » Member Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Bransburk - May 31, 2015

800 by Aadriel23 »»
Apr 15, 2023 6:25 AM

» [Game] Count up until 10,000! V.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Iizy - Jan 27, 2019

10019 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 9, 2023 3:21 AM

» [Game] This or That ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Bransburk - Jul 11, 2015

3579 by I_Luv_Cupcake »»
Jan 14, 2023 7:59 AM

Sticky: » [Discussion] Manga ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Bransburk - May 31, 2015

347 by xdipper06 »»
Jan 16, 2022 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.