Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2014 8:01 PM
Oct 2014
literally just read it and made an account to chime in.

concerning the whole idea of Kaneki being Haise, and the whole problem with him losing his memory. Do you guys remember Jason putting the centipede into Kaneki's head? I think in some way that foreshadows the idea of Kaneki completely losing his memory since he would be able to regenerate his mind even after what had happened.

I think the real reason for the memory loss (if that is what happened) is he chose to shut everything out for his own safety. Well that's my theory (:
Oct 11, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
R3d_Panda said:

concerning the whole idea of Kaneki being Haise, and the whole problem with him losing his memory. Do you guys remember Jason putting the centipede into Kaneki's head? I think in some way that foreshadows the idea of Kaneki completely losing his memory since he would be able to regenerate his mind even after what had happened.

I think the real reason for the memory loss (if that is what happened) is he chose to shut everything out for his own safety. Well that's my theory (:

Kaneki was known for is crazy regenerative abilities, it's safe to assume he did recover but at what cost? probably his memories and pretty sure arima had a hand in that too
Haise is Kaneki no doubts
Oct 11, 2014 8:28 PM
Oct 2014
MuggleBorn said:
R3d_Panda said:

Kaneki was known for is crazy regenerative abilities, it's safe to assume he did recover but at what cost? probably his memories and pretty sure arima had a hand in that too

Yeah I'm assuming( hopefully ) as this unfolds Kaneki will start regaining memories.

Also addressing people speculating that this person merely has parts of Kaneki and isn't actually him, that's a fair assumption but at the same time...

WHY DO THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME ?
Oct 11, 2014 8:35 PM

Aug 2014
So it's safe to assume that kaneki really DID lose his memories?

Xway101 ~By me~
Oct 11, 2014 8:40 PM

Jul 2013
R3d_Panda said:
MuggleBorn said:

Yeah I'm assuming( hopefully ) as this unfolds Kaneki will start regaining memories.

Also addressing people speculating that this person merely has parts of Kaneki and isn't actually him, that's a fair assumption but at the same time...

WHY DO THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME ?

Nahh I don't think so (about these people been created from Kaneki's kagune) no way does that transfer a person habits to another person.

And just look at those expressions. How can they look at them and NOT see Kaneki.

It's like people have said people it's a mix of shironeki and kuroneki but most def still Kaneki!
Oct 11, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2009
...alright dropping this manga until 50+ chapters are out.
see you guys next year.
cant take this weekly waiting shit again. UGH.
give me back my old cast. :(
Oct 11, 2014 9:05 PM

Oct 2013
Kurogashi said:
...alright dropping this manga until 50+ chapters are out.
see you guys next year.
cant take this weekly waiting shit again. UGH.
give me back my old cast. :(

You mean you're putting it on hold... I wish my favorite series was a weekly series. By time you quint a week will pass by, a month, not so much. I only have tokyo ghoul and hxh for weekly series atm.
Oct 11, 2014 9:18 PM
Dec 2011
Damn ppl really have a real short span of patience. Dropping a manga after one chapter out ? That's ridiculous. We barely saw anything yet to happen in this intro chapter and everyone barely shows their faces and you guys expect to see some bloody boom battle and shove the whole casts in one chapter ?

Seriously go read one shot manga instead of weekly manga. Patience in reading TG is lot more bearable than in some manga. Try reading Bleach or Naruto and see how your mind gonna explode in frustration waiting for something other than shouting to each other to happen. (don't get me wrong, I'm fan of both series btw )

Anyways back to the topic, it's kinda obvious that Sasaki is Kaneki and I wonder if he really lost his memories. It's really vague and we don't know what happened during the 2-3 years of timeskip. And I'm looking forward to see how Sasaki's squad to be developed later on.

And holy shit. Ayato and Hinami ?? Hinami joined Aogiri anyone ? It's a quite a possibility since they could easily track Banjou and co. and forced them to join Aogiri.

Now gonna wait for the old Anteiku gang to appear and lastly, give me Juuzou asap !
Oct 11, 2014 9:18 PM
Oct 2014
Xway101 said:
So it's safe to assume that kaneki really DID lose his memories?

My two best guesses are.

> Kaneki is being held somewhere like Rize was and has been "cloned".

> Haise is actually Kaneki but with memory loss.

Although saying that, there's a lot of evidence posted by other people and in general pointing towards him having memory loss
Oct 11, 2014 10:19 PM
Feb 2013
Z4k said:
Its a shame some people I've talked to dislike the new chapter because there's no cool white haired kaneki.

The thing is, most people who love a story want more. They also tend to hate sequels for ruining the original experience. Most of the time that is pretty accurate for what happens.

Having new characters be the focus of a story in which you have developed a strong connection/immersion is highly likely to cause people to rebuke a story. It is extremely natural when you think about it.

I personally thought the chapter was good because the sequel seems to be within 3 years of the last manga and is still going to focus on many of the old characters.

Though...

If I wasn't so sure that Sakaki is either brainwashed Kaneki or some sort of clone experiment or whatever, I'd call bullshit too. Adding new characters to the story is natural and fits with the flow... shifting protagonists is bullshit. Just make a new story in that case.
Oct 11, 2014 10:27 PM

Apr 2014
Man. I wonder what happened to Amon..Is he a one eyed like Kaneki? Kaneki or should I say, Sasaki, are the same person I believe. Akira is 3 years older and Kaneki was 19 before so now he should be Sasaki's age. Plus, Sasaki has both black and white hair which would make me assume it is Kaneki as in chapter 140, white hair Kaneki and black hair kaneki both hugged which can mean that they accepted eachother which would result in a change of hair color I presume. Idk. Just a bunch of words which can mean nothing until a new chapter unveils what happened. This chapter was awesome. Ayato with hinami was surprising. Tsukiyama and naki. The new one eyed investigators group. Hype! 5/5
Zeus97Oct 11, 2014 10:46 PM
Oct 11, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2010
I'm guessing the "Quincke Squad" are members of the 13 OWLs that were produced, maybe by combining Kuzen and Kaneki's Kagune.
Oct 11, 2014 11:47 PM

Mar 2014
Wow that was great, the new character are pretty interesting and I can't wait to see more

RedChromeOct 11, 2014 11:58 PM
Oct 11, 2014 11:53 PM

May 2012
Himami & Ayato? Did she join Aogiri Tree or did Ayato join them? Great its back with more questions than ever.
Oct 12, 2014 12:17 AM

Mar 2014
peeyaj said:
7 Steps: How to Screw with a Fandom a Guide by Ishida Sui

Step 1: Make the protagonist totally lovable.

Step 2: Make him suffer.

Step 3: Still, a sprinkle of hope make the fandom hope he’s gonna live.

Step 4: Kill him anyway.

Step 5: End the manga,

Step 6: Create a sequel.

Step 7: Make the new protag look suspiciously like the previous protag.

And that is how you screw with a fandom.

That's so painfully accurate.
Oct 12, 2014 12:18 AM
Oct 2014
redd530 said:
I'm guessing the "Quincke Squad" are members of the 13 OWLs that were produced, maybe by combining Kuzen and Kaneki's Kagune.

Just went through again and realized Urie's Kagune looks an awful lot like the owl's....
Oct 12, 2014 12:27 AM

Nov 2012
you must be as dense as harem main protagonist if you didnt think sasaki = kaneki
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 12, 2014 12:37 AM
Feb 2013
Also did anyone else notice the figure staring out the window in the colour pages? Initially i thought it was one of the members of the new squad Tooru, due to the similarities in hair styles. But going back on it, that person is clearly not the same character and she's dressed like a waitress. Maybe Touka?? She also did say she wanted to be a teacher in part 1. Just speculation though.
Oct 12, 2014 12:48 AM

Sep 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
you must be as dense as harem main protagonist if you didnt think sasaki = kaneki

Seriously, it blows my mind how many people have come on here today being like "What happened to Kaneki?!?!!? I hope he's ok!!!!!!" Meanwhile the main character introduced looks EXACTLY like him with black and white hair, along with like 4 other hints that Ishida drops.
Oct 12, 2014 12:56 AM

Jul 2013
dedeogbe said:
Also did anyone else notice the figure staring out the window in the colour pages? Initially i thought it was one of the members of the new squad Tooru, due to the similarities in hair styles. But going back on it, that person is clearly not the same character and she's dressed like a waitress. Maybe Touka?? She also did say she wanted to be a teacher in part 1. Just speculation though.

you know that's actually a good catch? I just assumed it was Sasaki, since he's their mentor but looking at it again, it's clearly a girl wearing a skirt? Hmm...
Oct 12, 2014 12:58 AM

Nov 2012
CNTRI715 said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Seriously, it blows my mind how many people have come on here today being like "What happened to Kaneki?!?!!? I hope he's ok!!!!!!" Meanwhile the main character introduced looks EXACTLY like him with black and white hair, along with like 4 other hints that Ishida drops.
and hide's behavior
that means he isnt something like kaneki's quinque, kaneki's 1/4 ghoul hybrid, or anything else like sora=roxas in kingdom hearts.
its real kaneki after eating hide and lose memories
Oct 12, 2014 1:05 AM

Sep 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
CNTRI715 said:

and hide's behavior
that means he isnt something like kaneki's quinque, kaneki's 1/4 ghoul hybrid, or anything else like sora=roxas in kingdom hearts.
its real kaneki after eating hide and lose memories

And yet people are still in denial that Hide is eaten even though it's looking more and more like that's what happened. I'm thinking Hide might become what Rize was to Kaneki in the original TG, talking to him as a kind of alter ego. Things are going to get ugly when Kaneki gets his memory back and figures out everything that's happened.
Oct 12, 2014 1:21 AM

Apr 2010
You can't convince me Haise isn't Kaneki. You just can't.

What happened to Tsukiyama? Could he be the person at the window near the beginning?

On the other hand Haise reminds me of Kaneki on so many levels, how easily flustered he gets, reading (probably), very polite, cares about the lil shits around him. . . .

-sigh-

It hurts me to think that Kaneki was like brainwashed, we're in for a feels trip, I mean if (tho I'm sure like 99.9%) Sasaki = Kaneki I'm sure he'd remember at some point. . . . ????

I JUST NEED TSUKIYAMA TO BE ALIVE TOO.
Oct 12, 2014 1:25 AM
Dec 2013
Before reading post#123, I was still playing around with the idea of Sasaki not being Kaneki. I thought it would be possible for Arima to kill Kaneki, find a boy with the same age as Kaneki and had potential to be one of the CCG's best.

To explain how Sasaki looks like Kaneki, behaves like Kaneki before his white hair form. Maybe by taking Kaneki's kagune and putting it into Sasaki made him similar to Kaneki.

But that wouldn't explain why Kaneki didn't have similarities to Rize, after he receive Rize's Kagune. Just doesn't make sense and I doubt the Mangaka would do such a thing after dropping so much hints.

However he did say the manga would have a new main character, makes me wonder about the meaning of "new".
DiscoverableOct 12, 2014 1:44 AM
[/url]
Oct 12, 2014 1:44 AM

Jul 2013
Discoverable said:
Before reading post#125, I was still playing around with the idea of Sasaki not being Kaneki. I thought it would be possible for Arima to kill Kaneki, find a boy with the same age as Kaneki and had potential to be one of the CCG's best.

To explain how Sasaki looks like Kaneki, behaves like Kaneki before his white hair form. Maybe by taking Kaneki's kagune and putting it into Sasaki made him similar to Kaneki.

But that wouldn't explain why Kaneki didn't have similarities to Rize, after he receive Rize's Kagune. Just doesn't make sense and I doubt the Mangaka would do such a thing after dropping so much hints.

However he did say the manga would have a new main character, makes me wonder about the meaning of "new".

When'd Ishida sensei say anything about a new main character? He just said there'd be a "shocking new story"
Oct 12, 2014 1:51 AM
Dec 2013
MuggleBorn said:

When'd Ishida sensei say anything about a new main character? He just said there'd be a "shocking new story"

Hm, I might've misread it then, wasn't sure about it too.
[/url]
Oct 12, 2014 1:52 AM

Dec 2013
So, how old Hinami is now? And Touka?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 12, 2014 2:09 AM

Jul 2014
FlareStar101 said:

Hinami 17(?) Touka 20-21(?)
Oct 12, 2014 2:12 AM
Jul 2011
atm I dont think I can jump into any bandwagons and/or conclusions... all that Im certain of is that time has passed... btw ken had straight hair and Haise has curlier hair then keneki...
Oct 12, 2014 2:17 AM

Nov 2012
xDaboi said:
atm I dont think I can jump into any bandwagons and/or conclusions... all that Im certain of is that time has passed... btw ken had straight hair and Haise has curlier hair then keneki...

beauty salon
Oct 12, 2014 2:19 AM

Mar 2014
Vellvet said:
I got really suspicious now. I somehow feel like Ishida's trolling us a little with everything pointing at Haise being Kaneki.

I agree. He could really be Kaneki, but he has made it way too obvious, so I am thinking that Ishida just wants us to believe that(?) Still, most likely Haise is Kaneki.
Oct 12, 2014 2:28 AM

Dec 2013
half ghoul investigator with ghoul's power. do they have the urge to feed on humans?

why is Hinami with Ayato anyway?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 12, 2014 2:51 AM

Oct 2013
Benphyre said:
half ghoul investigator with ghoul's power. do they have the urge to feed on humans?

This

if they're half ghoul's how does the ccg justify them eating human flesh every now and then
Mahone7Oct 12, 2014 3:23 AM
Oct 12, 2014 3:01 AM

Nov 2012
Benphyre said:

they are teenager in puberty doing this and that together <3
Oct 12, 2014 3:31 AM

Mar 2010
Arcanix said:
FlareStar101 said:

Hinami 17(?) Touka 20-21(?)

So the time skip was 3 years ?
Oct 12, 2014 4:11 AM
Sep 2013
Guys, check out this video on Youtube. it has made some serious connections between Sasaki and Kaneki. I'm starting to think the two are one in the same after watching it: http://youtu.be/UPyyJuwNfnY
Oct 12, 2014 4:14 AM

Oct 2013
So this is what happens when black and white kaneki come to an understanding,sasaki is created.

Thats how fusion works right?
Oct 12, 2014 4:16 AM

Nov 2012
FrozenRemains said:
So this is what happens when black and white kaneki come to an understanding,sasaki is created.

yeah, look at the hair color. lol

Oct 12, 2014 4:21 AM

Sep 2007
Well Ishida obviously didn't want to reveal yet how big timeskip was... but not too long since Hinami looks not much more adult, Akira looks just a bit older.

It would be killing twist of Ishida's if he later would reveal that Sakaki is totally not Kaneki and he was just trolling.
Oct 12, 2014 4:21 AM

Apr 2014
FrozenRemains said:

Yeah you get mah boy pun master sasaki.
Oct 12, 2014 4:26 AM

Jul 2014
Can't tell if you people are trolling or you are being serious about the Haise/Kaneki thing...
I guess you have trust issues after the ending.
Oct 12, 2014 4:51 AM

Jul 2014
Damn ... I'm so confused *_*

What't da hell happening ??

Sasaki --> Kaneki ??
Oct 12, 2014 4:56 AM

Apr 2014
Rumble_Shift said:
Damn ... I'm so confused *_*

What't da hell happening ??

Sasaki --> Kaneki ??

Yes
Oct 12, 2014 6:08 AM
Aug 2013
Arcanix said:
Can't tell if you people are trolling or you are being serious about the Haise/Kaneki thing...
I guess you have trust issues after the ending.
Nanami said:

It would be killing twist of Ishida's if he later would reveal that Sakaki is totally not Kaneki and he was just trolling.

Pretty much both of these.
Oct 12, 2014 6:32 AM

Oct 2013
So whens the next chapter coming out? in 6 days?
Oct 12, 2014 6:44 AM

Jul 2013
FrozenRemains said:
So whens the next chapter coming out? in 6 days?

Well the first chapter doesn't get released (officially) until the 16th...so it might be the following week?
Oct 12, 2014 6:51 AM

Jul 2013
leaks will be as early as the 16th
Oct 12, 2014 7:19 AM

Aug 2012
Interesting chapter, though I don't really like how different the cast has suddenly become, Sasaki's underlings are pretty meh.

Kaneki/Sasaki has been changed somehow by Arima, not sure what made Arima make the decision to perform this change. I expect Sasaki to remember his past when he encounters ghouls he previously knew like Hanami, perhaps he will be instructed to kill her and then become conflicted because she seems familiar.

The art is really nice, I wonder how all the ghoul districts have developed, as well as Aogiri Tree.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 68 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mech4nic - Mar 12, 2016

129 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.