Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2014 6:56 PM

Oct 2013
Maybe Art wasn't himself? Like he was being manipulated somehow or Moral did something to him. Anyways, Nice couldn't have died. That would be pathetic
Mar 25, 2014 7:03 PM

Dec 2012
Well didnt expect that at all. Season 2 I will take a gander if it is made. How this show will sell will determine that. If it doesn't get one that would blow
Mar 25, 2014 7:17 PM

May 2013
I'd prefer a sequel special or ova instead of a whole second season, but I'll watch it regardless. I want more after an ending like that.
Mar 25, 2014 7:26 PM
Jun 2013
NO.
THIS IS NOT OKAY.
Mar 25, 2014 7:29 PM
Aug 2011
Best part of the entire episode?

Narut-, I mean Naru-faux attacking with a swirling ranseng- I mean 'TORNADO' and swiftly being one-hit KO'd.
Mar 25, 2014 7:31 PM

Aug 2011
This shows had so much going for it and some really interesting themes, but in the end it kind of just fell flat.

I do want to know what happens next though, so I'm hoping for a second season.
Mar 25, 2014 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
I knew Art was going to backstab Nice when he appeared but suddenly there might be a second season? I might have passed otherwise but damn this cliffhanger got to me.
Mar 25, 2014 8:15 PM

Apr 2013
I like the idea to screwing everyone over using their phones :p
(I only liked it because they showed the store sprayed with blood) xD

But that ending was just weak and random...
duderusMar 25, 2014 8:27 PM

Mar 25, 2014 8:26 PM

Jan 2011
That ending was abrupt, that's an another point that reminds me of Gatchaman Crowds.

Season 2 is coming but when is the question. It said right at the end to be continued weren't you guys paying attention?
Mar 25, 2014 8:50 PM

May 2013
Great ending to the episode. Good series all around, but that ending was fine!

Looking forward to season 2.

8/10
Mar 25, 2014 8:57 PM

Jun 2011
WTF Art, you just wasted all my tears for you.

S2 YAY
Mar 25, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2013
I bet you Moral did some sort of soul/personality transfer with Art as his new medium.

Moral = Orochimaru.

This series started off nicely but was quickly ruined with pointless episodes, many WTF moments (gay robbers episode for example), and retarded characters (too many instances to mention). The actions of this show's characters are even more idiotic than Noragami and on the standard of Coppelion.

2/10
Mar 25, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2011
I was cringing uncontrollably at the scene where all the side characters started sending text messages to Nice. And then... Nice throws his cell phone away in a fit of frustration.

Well played.
Mar 25, 2014 9:14 PM
Mar 2014
So here's a theory to that slap of an cliffhanger ending:

At first I thought Moral or that flower girl screwed with Art's head or something. But for Moral to keep saying Art was dead, I think he truly thought he died but instead of that flower chick disposing of him like he asked of her, she helped Art recover instead. Art shot Moral for stabbing and shooting him 5 times on his own brother's grave. Seems fair right? He was causing nothing but crazy chaos after all as well. So why did Art shoot Nice?

Had to be something with whatever Moral whispered to him before he shot him. Whatever Art was "looking for". But why shoot your best friend? Well what's more important to Art than his own best friend?

His little brother.
Moral must have knew something about his brother's death and maybe Nice was involved with it which is why he left the Academy.

Gonna miss this whack-job of an anime. Really hoping to get some solid answers or I just might end up jumping out a window > . >
Oh but darling, we're all insane. . .

Mar 25, 2014 9:15 PM

Aug 2013
I thought Hajime was going to be all BA but then it was like someone suddenly pulled the plug lmao.
- - -

This series was really all over the place. At first I thought the story looked promising and it actually got me excited. Then as I watched week after week it just felt...off. The hit or miss comedy actually messed up the flow and I felt like the dark tone was there only for the shock factor just so you'd be like "woah now it's getting serious!"

5/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 25, 2014 9:20 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty disappointing series. Not even gonna bother checking out S2 if it's actually made. Only thing I liked was the OP and some of the VAs.
Mar 25, 2014 9:21 PM
Oct 2012
well…. fuck you to ending.
Mar 25, 2014 9:25 PM

May 2013
Why do people here act as if they were betrayed by this anime when it had a cliffhanger of an end o_O .. I just do not understand..
Mar 25, 2014 9:35 PM

Apr 2013
Again..,
The fight was too simple...

just another common anime.
Do you should be happy for life..? I do not.
Mar 25, 2014 9:40 PM

Jan 2011
Nonon_Jakuzure said:
Why do people here act as if they were betrayed by this anime when it had a cliffhanger of an end o_O .. I just do not understand..

Apparently a lot of people didn't see the "To be continued" at the end.
Mar 25, 2014 9:51 PM

May 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
Nonon_Jakuzure said:

Apparently a lot of people didn't see the "To be continued" at the end.

Seems like it. People need to pay more attention.

A cliffhanger is not a bad thing and especially when there is obviously more to come of Hamatora.
Mar 25, 2014 9:52 PM

Sep 2012
i just cant believe there will be any second season/continuation/etc at all oh my god i was so shocked i gasped and choked a little on my crisps
Mar 25, 2014 10:02 PM

Dec 2013
wonder why this ending reminds me of psycho-pass's ending 0.o
Mar 25, 2014 10:02 PM
Nov 2013
so im assuming Art had the minimum Duplicate or Doppelganger or immortality?
i think the reason art killed moral was 1) moral did try to kill him 2) maybe cuz of whatever moral told art

i was like oh arts alive sweet. oh he killed moral, justified... WHAT WTF, WHY WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT
shame hajime didnt get much action though. and i want to know how art got on that boat
Mar 25, 2014 10:05 PM

Jun 2011
silverwalls said:
wow, what a bullshit ending. seriously..
4/10

Bullshit plot to begin with.
While watching the final episode I just wanted it to end quickly. Such a shame that the anime went with this direction so much potential flushed down the toilet.
Mar 25, 2014 10:27 PM

Aug 2012
lol at that last scene. Pretty interesting. Show had a lot of potential it left unfulfilled, but it did hit some right notes along the way and ended up enjoyable.

At the start of the series, I was honestly going to write if off as a completely average action anime (Psycho Pass meets Getbackers) but it ended up being entertaining after all. So yeah another season wouldn't be too bad.
Mar 25, 2014 10:43 PM
Mar 2014
The ending made me go WTS? THat's it? i waited for a whole week for this?? But then it also made me think of possible theories on why 'Art' killed 'Moral' at the end. Could it be that Moral disguised himself as Art and Art as him? But then that wouldn't justify the fight of Nice and 'Moral' on the boat... Gahh i'm so confused about this :( hopefully some light would be shed on what is going/will go on
Mar 25, 2014 10:44 PM

Aug 2013
...what...?
wow gay
Mar 25, 2014 10:52 PM

Jun 2012
SliceofHorror said:
...what...?

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 25, 2014 11:12 PM

Oct 2013
didn't like the ending, whether or not "to be continued" since no date given for the continuation...

I like both Art and Nice. Art becoming next Moral...don't like...
Mar 25, 2014 11:20 PM

Mar 2012
There are good cliffhangers and there are bad ones. The ending of Code Geass season 1 can easily be categorized as a good cliffhanger even though the followup in season 2 was bad. This one on the other hand feels like it was put in purely for shock value. There was no build-up to this scene. No hints. Nothing. I trust that whatever explanation they come up with in season 2 probably won't be too ill-conceived, but the fact of the matter is this might as well have been marketed as a split season because this ending is pure bait. I think most people are quite disappointed. I'm with them.
Mar 25, 2014 11:58 PM

Apr 2008
Regardless of this cliffhanger.

Why did they all have to have such unnatural names.
(Nice, Moral, Art, Honey, Three, Birthday, Ratio)
Mar 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Nov 2013
zannet_t said:
There was no build-up to this scene. No hints. Nothing.

I'm not sure what you mean. We know Art was already alive by seeing him in the evil girl's bedroom earlier, and there was that figure riding up to the boat. Obviously WHY he did it is a mystery, but that's what makes cliffhangers cliffhangers.

blahrgness said:
Why did they all have to have such unnatural names.

The Academy or whatever gave them those codenames.
Mar 26, 2014 12:02 AM
Mar 2014
My first impression of Hamatora (with Episode 1) was very good. I expected a pretty interesting story, lot of fights and well developed characters but I ended really dissapointed. 4/10 for me, the Episode 5 was funny, indeed but I was not expecting such a thing to appear in the series, thought it was more serious, my fault.
Mar 26, 2014 12:09 AM

Nov 2009
I don't get the people going "yay Art is alive." That obviously wasn't Art. When Hamatora is continued and this is confirmed you'll all remember me and think "Wow what a genius that person was, I should send him some money."
Mar 26, 2014 12:43 AM

May 2008
This isn't what I wanted.

This is not the ending I asked for.

This is not how I wanted Art to come back [unknowing if he really was going to at all despite foreshadowing.]

I'm so upset and confused and hurt and just why does this have to end on a ToBeContinued BS.

I'm just going to go cry now.

Mar 26, 2014 12:49 AM

Jan 2012
Trololol i liked that ending scene, no idea why people start hating the moment an anime does something different. That aside i'll be looking forward to season2
Mar 26, 2014 1:04 AM

Jun 2012
An ok series overall.

Characters were interesting, both personality and design wise, except maybe for the side characters, but what can you do in 12 eps.
Story was solid, even though the last 2-3 eps felt rushed.

Animation was ok-ish, had some drops though.

The OST was ok.

As for the ending, it's not an ending. Idk why ppl get their jimmies rustled.

Will watch a 2nd season, 6/10 for now.
samesddayApr 4, 2014 10:49 PM
Mar 26, 2014 1:15 AM

Jan 2011
what the actual fuck

show was pretty garbage most of the time and it had it's moments i actually thought the whole lets all send our feelings toward the mc bit was kinda funny

i honestly don't see how this could get a S2 i really think it's gonna be a OVA or something I refuse to believe it! lol

also i was waiting for them to do something with hajime but all she did was eat food the whole season and even when she was pissed off she was still hungry (hell if she'd taken that guys heart and ate that would of been crazy as hell but nope!).

6/10
Mar 26, 2014 1:19 AM

Aug 2013
OMG, IT ENDED JUST LIKE THAT?!?! does that mean next season Art is bad now? Or is that really not Art O:
Was hoping haji me was gonna pop up somewhere and show us some badass moves though. Hopefully next time :D
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Mar 26, 2014 1:43 AM

Apr 2013
That ending was worse than Mayo Chiki omg
What are you looking here for
Mar 26, 2014 1:51 AM

Oct 2010
Well, even though that ending was a little unexpected, especially after that fight scene, I have to give it props for doing something that isn't done, or done that often in anime (assuming that nice was actually shot of course).
Mar 26, 2014 3:25 AM

Mar 2009
What the f@ck. I really like/d this series, but it lost a few points because of this episode. I guess I will have to wait till the next season tour the conclusion (if that even happens)
\
Mar 26, 2014 3:50 AM

Jan 2013
Was that Granrodeo doing the insert song during the fight?
Mar 26, 2014 4:18 AM

Mar 2011
This is what i call cliffhanger :D
Mar 26, 2014 4:44 AM
Nov 2013
Shitty conclusion to the past couple episodes that have been so amazingly thrilling... I am beyond disappointed. Characters are dull, plot is wasted potential, and... wtf? Art is alive? I honestly don't care enough about the characters to see what happens when Season II airs, such a bullshit copout ending and all Nice had to do was snap his fingers a couple more times to defeat him.

I very rarely post in discussion with this many complaints and stuff, but wow... what-a-trainwreck.

Hamatora the Shitimation is what this anime should have been titled. Oh well, I'll give it a 5/10 for the great animation, OST and Honey.
Mar 26, 2014 5:54 AM
Dec 2011
Zeally said:
5/10

Still don't completely understand Nice's powers and how he ended up defeating Moral...... >_> I'm guessing Art will be the new antagonist if there is a s2. I hated Moral's dialogue. It was so cheesy, overly preachy, and cliche.

I'm guessing that Moral can vanish from one place and appear at another, but only at a certain speed, so there is still speed involved (even if it seemed that he was vanishing instantly), and Nice thought if he were to surpass Moral's teleporting speed he could beat him. He did so by not letting his Minimum run out of sound he could travel in, that is by always starting the sound waves anew.

marian11 said:
Was that Granrodeo doing the insert song during the fight?

You could have looked a few pages back. The singer of the fight song is Granrodeo's vocalist, yes.
Mar 26, 2014 5:54 AM
Mar 2010
I really liked the show up to the end. But a fucking deus ex machina ending? really? thats not a good way to end a story since all the viewers feel cheated.
anyway this is a 7/10 though it might be upgraded to 9/10 if the next season rescues this trainwreck of an ending properly.

now is nice dead? its unlikely that they'll switch mc for the second season since this would quite be a stunt where you really need to be etsablished to pull this off without loosing a lot of readers/viewers.
NTmsMar 26, 2014 5:59 AM
Mar 26, 2014 6:16 AM

Jan 2011
Mills said:
Lyfa said:
Mills said:
WOW. I was happy to see that Art was alive, but that ending was unexpected.

Honestly I saw this ending coming the moment Art walked in.

I knew that Art wasn't going to be normal after all that time. I was just caught off guard by how it ended after that scene.

That was exactly my feeling.
But today, I was looking at Hamatora merch at a shop and looked at a Nice key-ring and had a feeling he'd end up like that. but didn't really expect Art to do it.
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
Mar 26, 2014 7:13 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, I didn't see this final moment coming. The best part is that it means continuation. I really hope it's gonna be S2 and not a movie. I was crying during the OP because of the thought that this is the last episode.

1. Characters. +1. There are some quite enjoyable characters(Rei, Theo, Gasquet, Art), and of course some great ones - like Murasaki, Birthday and Hajime(my favorites). Mao is also my favorite, lololololo :D
2. Atmosphere. +1. It was ok/good for the most time, and great at times.
3. OST. +1. One of the best OPs ever, great ED, and at least one great theme(the piano one, I'm waiting the OST release because of it) - it made some of the most atmospheric moments.
4. Animation. +1. Needless to say, the animation quality was ace.
5. Background story. +1. Birthday's background, Art's background, Three's background to some extend, and the whole Facultas Academy background.
6. Storyline. +1. There was actual storyline that was slowly progressing with the episodes without having much presence for the most time. I think that's not bad as it, together with the ludicrous cases Hamatora was solving, made the anime have more of an easy feel in difference with Darker than Black, for an example.
7. Ending. +1. For me the ending is the best one possible(I didn't even hope for it). It was totally unexpected, really dramatic and the best part for me is that it allowed 2nd season of the anime, and this is like the best thing ever.
8. Drama. +1. An actually good level of drama in my opinion.
9. Overall affect. +1. It was a good show, with decent amount of about everything I'd want from a show. Mystery, drama, villains, psychic powers. I'm expecting the next season(don't you dare to make it a movie) eagerly.
Overall score: 9/10. One of the shows I've really enjoyed these last few years.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2014

105 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 22, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2014

133 by enterlowa »»
Aug 2, 2023 3:47 AM

» Does anyone else think this anime is very shallow?

7EJh77b - Dec 7, 2015

4 by BreakApart »»
Sep 3, 2022 11:44 AM

» Worth Watching?

_txhsin__ - Jun 1, 2022

8 by Kibbi500 »»
Jun 3, 2022 9:46 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

221 by HorikitaNemesis »»
Nov 18, 2020 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.