Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 7, 2007 9:40 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This may be the first and last time i'll say something like this. This yaoi episode was awesome.

Ogiue has one hell of a mind and I can't believe that they went ahead and animated it since it wasn't like this in the manga, but good job on the excellent execution. I can't wait till the next episode
Nov 7, 2007 10:11 PM

Oct 2007
jesus christ, I never watched so much yaoi in my whole life... I was about to puke almost all the time...

Need to rewatch some Simoun/Strawberry Panic now to erase these images from my head =x

EDIT: yeah, theses scenes weren't in the manga, why the need to animate this s***.... arrgh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#koharubi@irc.rizon.net
#ayu@irc.rizon.net

Nov 7, 2007 10:45 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol, yaoi in the morning. So refreshing~

O_o;;

Necktie-pulling always reminds me of Kyon x Haruhi though. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 7, 2007 11:29 PM

Sep 2007
haha really i never watched any kind of yaoi animes
but thats what i would imagine it XD
and learned many new otaku-slang that i never used before XD
lolz at ogiue how she draw kugayama san
hmmm finally now the oigue arc begin
Nov 7, 2007 11:37 PM

Apr 2007
I agree with Faust. That was the coolest depiction of yaoi. Ever.

OMFG That was so hilarious. Also, I want a stand like the one in Oguie's mind for my (current and future) figurines.

I laughed so much. Ill have to show that episode to my Yaoi-loving friends.

Now for some hentai to brush those last few images from my mind... LOL
Blergh.
Nov 8, 2007 12:14 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Laughed my ass off through the Yaoi parts. A little too much though, they could have gotten the same point across with half the guy x guy stuff.

And damnit, Ogiue and Sasahara need to get together!
Nov 8, 2007 12:25 AM
May 2007
As a 100% heterosexual male I have to say that the episode was surprisingly entertaining... -_-;
Nov 8, 2007 12:57 AM

Aug 2007
That was really funny. Great episode, theyre moving along fairly quickly.
Nov 8, 2007 1:41 AM

Jul 2007
wow that was terrible lol awesome
the entire episode had me laughing
Nov 8, 2007 5:04 AM

Aug 2007
The episode was hmmm entertaining? I mean the yaoi thing about yaoi was a real surpirse and i kinda stoped looking at the screen in the most yaoi part and the final part but besides that was surprisingly funny and enjoyable. I have to admit i liked the way Sasahara Madarame Tanaka and Kasukabe (:D~) were drawn... A bit more macho and less yaoi and i would like to keep watching them in the anime.

Oguie peak into her mind was genious and that confusion about the draws made me laugh freaking hard...

The Pure win Faces from Oguie

Nov 8, 2007 6:38 AM

Jul 2007
ogiue faces are amazing!! xD

nice ep btw

Nov 8, 2007 7:06 AM

Mar 2007
OH GOD.
This episode was so funny XDD I thought I was going to die
On the other hand it was scary. I just sat and watched most of the episode and my mind just went blank. I will never watch anything that has to do with yaoi again. I swear. It's just too scary.
:P
Nov 8, 2007 10:56 AM

Jul 2007
How it was portrayed was great. The melodrama and tears was hilarious. Not to mention how everyone was 100x better looking and richer. More fantasies please.
Nov 8, 2007 12:57 PM

Jul 2007
Ahh my eyes, this episode made my brain hurt... Well I'm happy it's over :ASSDSDSADASDAS
Nov 8, 2007 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
I also laughed through the yaoi parts... while not looking at the screen. This episode was win... and what was up with those french parts... awesome (^o^)
Nov 8, 2007 3:26 PM

Mar 2007
Oh my god! Better and better for every episode!! I'm so sticking to this one! Another relationship on the go?
Nov 8, 2007 5:23 PM

Jan 2007
That was HILARIOUS!! Best yaoi parody I've ever seen and they hit on everything - the goofy music, the tears, the cheesy dialogue, the squishy noises. OMG I was rolling on the floor from start to finish. XD
Nov 8, 2007 5:43 PM

Jul 2006
Awesomely Horrible? or Horribly Awesome? I cant decide, pretty fuckin hilarious though
Nov 8, 2007 9:59 PM

Nov 2006
LOL at this whole ep. I marathoned eps 3-19 for this episode.
And Kucchi said "KONYANYANCHIWA!" which made me about fall out of my chair laughing. CCS ftfw.
Nov 9, 2007 5:52 AM

Oct 2007
Was laughing throughout the episode XD
The melancholy and usage of french (?) was just hilarious.
Art style was a nice change as well.. ^^
Nov 9, 2007 9:30 AM

Oct 2007
Oh... my... word, this is incredibly funny! I was laughing out loud through most of the episode – especially through the yaoi parts! Had this episode aired a few years earlier, when I wasn't as sexual secure as I am now, I wouldn't have watched much of it and what a shame that would have been.

Half as funny, but still just as entertaining was how Saki misunderstood Ogiue's... interests, first as love interest for Sasahara and then later on between Sasahara and Madarame. Just as equally as funny was Kanako's reaction after the outro, she understood quite quickly, but had divergent taste.
Nov 10, 2007 1:39 AM

Mar 2007
I have only watched one Yaoi show and that was Gravitation. I am not gonna lie, I didn't like it much at all. I think the yaoi stuff would have been funny but they made basically a 99% complete 100% yaoi episode. I am sure all who love Yaoi found this awesome and got all the humor but well I didn't lol.
Nov 10, 2007 12:06 PM

Sep 2007
Ogiue-san is such a pervert.... I mean another level of henti. And why in her fantasies is Sasahara-san and Madarame-san sooo handsome? Yeah Sasahara-san is kinda of average; but Madarame-san is weedy and perverted looking. I don't even know how she mange to fantasies that Kuchiki-san is anything but a receding hair line having NEET, with no moral fiber at all.

And why does everyone seem to be yaoi in her world? Even Tanaka-san who is now dating Ohno-san has reverted to being secrectly yaoi. At first I thought -not having read the manga- the reason Ogiue-san didn't seem to want Ohno-san and Tanaka-san to be in a relationship, was because she had a crush on Ohno-san. But it seems more likely that it messed with her fantasies of a yaoi love situation between Tanaka-san and the other boys in Genshiken.

The melodramatic yaoi was fucking funny though. All the tears and the prerequisite rain scene... That was spot on. One of the best episodes by far.

I tell you another thing.... That backgroubd music was cracking me up... I mean I was rofl.
Nov 11, 2007 12:49 AM

Sep 2007
Oh God, this episode is definitely NSFW. =P

I was laughing through the Yaoi parts, who knew Oguie has this running through her head! xD

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Nov 11, 2007 1:51 PM

Oct 2006
That was funny and disturbing at the same time... lol. I also agree there the boyxboy scenes were more than the necessary to get the point across though.
Nov 11, 2007 9:20 PM

Aug 2006
Dammit that crap was hilarious! I laughed the whole time I swear.
Nov 13, 2007 7:52 AM

May 2007
WOW I LOL'D SO FUCKING HARD EVERY SECOND.

This animu is golden.
Nov 14, 2007 12:22 AM

Jul 2007
O_o Wow ...roflmao xD

Oguie's yaoi crazy imagination went wild, Sasa X Mada? wth? LOL
I've watched Gravitation and in the entire series combined there wasn't as much boy on boy action as there was in this episode lol
Oh yeah and what is up with Oguie's imagination having better animation than the actual series? xD haha
Dec 11, 2007 11:36 AM
Oct 2007
hjbgaewoubg[o!!!!

WTF!!!

Wow...

Disturbing... The noises... Omg...

>...<

That ogui is such a pervert! That was so disturbing...

Though the main disturbing part was to see the familiar characters abused like that.

I was fucking cacking myself the whole way through.
Jan 16, 2008 8:50 AM

Jul 2007
OH LAWD I WAS WATCHING THIS EPISODE IN CLASS.

didn't see it coming
my friends were like watching with me and going all yaoi crazy
i was getting SO paranoid that my teacher would come in and be all WHAT THE FAUX when he sees sasahara getting molested x_x

this episode was great tho
Jan 28, 2008 7:06 PM

Nov 2007
melancholy said:

didn't see it coming
i was getting SO paranoid that my teacher would come in and be all WHAT THE FAUX when he sees sasahara getting molested x_x

this episode was great tho

LOL That must've been awkward. xDD

But yeah, this episode was just gawdly. One of the more memorable ones of Genshiken.
Mar 6, 2008 6:33 AM

Nov 2007
Lolz this episode was frickin yaoi.

I know it's all Ogiue's perverted imagniations... but still was ... a bit much? XD

I just hope Sasahara ends up with Ogiue. (for real. XP)

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Mar 21, 2008 1:04 PM

Jan 2008
20 minutes of gay sex. Hilarious. This season sucked donkey balls so far but it gets an extra point for this surreal trip into the mind of Ogiue.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 5, 2008 7:07 AM

Nov 2007
this episode is a first for me
I can't believe i've finished watching this episode o.O
...ah.. the mental trauma!
Jun 12, 2008 11:18 PM
May 2008
does anyone know the background music at the beginning of this episode? around 4.5mins in (de da de lee?) ahhh!! its really bugging me =S

Jul 9, 2008 1:56 PM

Mar 2007
Anyone who actually found that to be entertaining other than the "non-embarassing i was tricked into watching yaoi " way has to be a closet homo...

They obviously put too much thought into it. When animating it. Regardless it was more disturbing than funny. i wouldve laughed if i understood the Konyanyanchiwa or other things like that. But it cant be helped.

The only saving grace of the episode was the Ogiue bath scene. That is all ^_^

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jul 9, 2008 2:14 PM

Jan 2008
Ranivus said:
Anyone who actually found that to be entertaining other than the "non-embarassing i was tricked into watching yaoi " way has to be a closet homo...

Or maybe you're just homophobic?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 7, 2008 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
AHHH MY EYES!!!

Even though it pained me to watch it... it was still strangely hilarious. Skipped through most of the yaoi scenes though, I couldn't handle it.
Aug 30, 2008 2:32 AM

Mar 2008
This is by far the best episode of Genshiken. Period. It was so fucking hilarious. XD Ogiue's mind is seriously even more disturbed than mine, I love her. =3

And Sasahara and Madarame actually looked pretty sexy with those animations. o.O
Aug 30, 2008 10:23 AM

Aug 2008
Animation was cool, i smiled most time... but man this was so damn WRONG -_-"
Sep 1, 2008 9:08 PM

Feb 2008
i need to watch some hentai now, that ep was really nasty lol
Sep 30, 2008 8:51 PM

Jun 2007
lololololol 8D @ episode& specially at everyone's comments

melancholy said:

didn't see it coming

X'D

Ogiue is awesome<33 with her imagination, saki misunderstanding and ohno being an expert, episode was gold
only one thing, it had wayy too much yaoi -is not into yaoi/yuri/etc-
D: way to much, would have been much better if they tone it down ;(

but yes, Ogiue wins.
Dec 4, 2008 2:22 PM

Jan 2008
Oh god..yaoi..
This was really funny and disgusting at the same time.
Dec 24, 2008 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
holy crap...it was a tough episode lol funny as hell but tough to watch xD
Jan 1, 2009 7:45 AM

May 2008
such an unexpected yaoi episode! LOVE IT!! couldn't stop luffing!

The otakus suddenly became such bloody hot guys!

& those uke-seme moments were so intense! haha..

still can't stop luffing..because tis has been such an ecchi anime
that to have included the yaoi episode is so brilliant!
Jan 12, 2009 4:18 AM

Oct 2007
rofl. I like how Ogiue thinks, pairing up anyone and everybody, but sticking with Sasahara/Madarame in the end. XD Although taste-wise I agree more with Ohno saying Madarame should be seme. XD

What an awesome episode, had me laughing the whole time. And the yaoi scenes were pretty hot, too.
Jan 15, 2009 3:08 AM

May 2008
Crystalkitty said:
rofl. I like how Ogiue thinks, pairing up anyone and everybody, but sticking with Sasahara/Madarame in the end. XD Although taste-wise I agree more with Ohno saying Madarame should be seme. XD

What an awesome episode, had me laughing the whole time. And the yaoi scenes were pretty hot, too.

I agree Madarame with the specs should be seme..
Sasahara is kinda soft & nice.. so uke is better role haha..
Feb 17, 2009 9:02 AM

Dec 2007
Is it only me that laughet my ass off when the yaoi Kugayama appeard? too hilarious!
GAH! the voices! suddenly so deep. XD
I have to say that this was the best episode. I couldn't stop laughing!

You're the monkey I got on my back, That tells me to shine
Feb 19, 2009 3:17 PM

Jul 2008
Many parts were mad funny, Ogiue's Tanaka was the best. But that was certainly enough yaoi to last me a lifetime.
Mar 11, 2009 8:53 PM
Sep 2008
wow I felt disturbed through the entire episode, but for some reason couldnt stop laughing most of the time. I've never seen as much yaoi in my life as I saw on this episode, and was afraid about getting anyone of my family walking inside my room as I watched this, I mean how the hell would you explain your parents about this XD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Nov 1, 2007

88 by nirererin »»
Jul 30, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

65 by asbest0sdust »»
May 28, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Oct 24, 2007

63 by Acctra »»
May 24, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 25, 2007

94 by Euroqean »»
Nov 7, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

97 by Adriannitro »»
Jul 8, 2023 12:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.