Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wistoria's Wand and Sword
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 12:57 AM

Nov 2011
This episode just further proves the type of person Will is, a fearless guy who isn't afraid to stand up against anything in his way.

Not to mention...we did get to see a display of impressive magic. Some of it is because of Colette's help but still. Never doub Will's words when he sets his mind on something. This battle would've been very different if he wasn't here.
Sep 22, 1:26 AM
Aug 2022
Will Unleashes His full strength in the end✨🔥 with the help from The roommate? a mystery to be resolved in the next episode i guess.
That Vague Backstory of Wand And Sword ⚔️ seems familiar with Will's past, was that baby will?
Ricky16Sep 22, 8:04 AM
Sep 22, 2:05 AM
Jul 2023
Holy! the coldest title drop.

Will truly found the will to fight his fears head on.
Sep 22, 2:12 AM
Apr 2021
shion i hate you, but right now you are big W my man
Sep 22, 2:30 AM
May 2022
Unbeliveble brave and plot armor.
Sep 22, 2:32 AM
Dec 2023
THIS EPISODE IS PEAKKK
Sep 22, 2:53 AM
Jun 2021
OMFG, that was a perfect masterpiesce. Absolutely beautiful.
Sep 22, 2:58 AM
Dec 2022
This anime keeps getting better and better
Sep 22, 3:16 AM

Jan 2009
damn the animation is so poor or at least mid this episode

but here it is the magic of will called wis aka the magic eater or consumer

wand and sword title drop too

we saw rosti throwing an ice shard at will to give him memory flashbacks and the flashback is mainly about his past with elfie so that is another hint that elfie is rosti
degSep 22, 1:50 PM
Sep 22, 3:18 AM
May 2014
HOLY! (my first reviewe i guess)
Sep 22, 3:23 AM
Aug 2018
The best one so far
Sep 22, 3:26 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to deg
damn the animation is so poor or at least mid this episode

but here it is the magic of will called wis aka the magic eater or consumer

wand and sword title drop too

we saw rosti throwing an ice shard at will to give him memory flashbacks and the flashback is mainly about his past with elfie so that is another hint that elfie is rosti
@deg nice 10/10 at Words Worth, shut up this anime is at least 8.
Sep 22, 3:32 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to LordGames
@deg nice 10/10 at Words Worth, shut up this anime is at least 8.
@LordGames the manga is better and more hype

words worth has better animation than this episode
Sep 22, 3:55 AM

Oct 2017
The fight choreography and animation fell short for this fight compared to the other episodes but that last bit was hype. Title drop with a short flashback of Will as a baby and possibly hinting at why he can't use magic as he is the one to combine magic and sword. Also those Elfie flashbacks and Rosti being there to remind Will of it once again hints at Rosti's true identity.
Sep 22, 4:00 AM
Dec 2022
The last 4 minutes of the episode is truly what it needs to be a masterpiece scene
Sep 22, 4:16 AM
May 2023
PUTANG INA ANG GANDA
Sep 22, 4:30 AM

May 2023
Incredible episode, so many well animated scenes, I really liked this episode.

The title drop was amazing and Will's flashback too, I was very interested in that, Will's eyes turning red gave me goosebumps, this is really Tsue to Tsurugi. you know it's PEAK episode when you see the credits rolling at the end.
Sep 22, 4:49 AM

Jun 2016
peak fiction for this season... amazing fight, plot and of course THE F OST/ SONG... they carry this anime...

damn if only the animation made like Ufotable i will give this 10.
Sep 22, 4:51 AM

Jan 2021
10/10 ep.. also lucky shion got the chance to hit will's face for free

Sep 22, 4:56 AM
Aug 2021
best episode so far PEAK!

10/10 episode
Sep 22, 5:04 AM

Nov 2018
Make me a goosebumps at the end
What an episode
Sep 22, 5:06 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Very good for a not so popular show.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 22, 5:15 AM

Jul 2013
In video game terms what Sion did was buff Will. That's some badass shit right there.
Sep 22, 5:34 AM
Mar 2019
10/10 wee need another season announce!!
Sep 22, 5:37 AM

Oct 2018
Yoshihara boarding the previous episode instead of this one is such a shame.
Sep 22, 5:39 AM
Sep 2021
What an epic for the conclusion of this season. Loved it especially the final parts.
Sep 22, 5:42 AM
Aug 2022
speechless... this episode is very very very magnificent
Sep 22, 6:20 AM
Jul 2022
What can i say. EPIC, this chapter was awesome, specially that ending.
Sep 22, 6:23 AM
Oct 2016
Wth that was insane! I can’t wait for the upcoming episode.
Sep 22, 6:32 AM

May 2022
peak episode.

It really opened all feelings and eyes to Will's struggle to face his fear.
Then a trigger that really provides an epic moment in this episode, this is an expectation that really fulfills my feelings as a connoisseur of this anime.

With animation that is no doubt, making all the moments that come can inspire me to be able to see that Will's motivation is not that shallow.

This time, it's Will's stage!

Sep 22, 6:33 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh dear, typical "new powerful move when almost losing" trope eh?

Can't say I'm impressed by this overdone trope. I hope next episode would explain why Will suddenly could do that when so far he has been an athletic swordsman with no magic talent at all.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 22, 6:40 AM
Nov 2018
Reply to AvalonRendy
shion i hate you, but right now you are big W my man
@AvalonRendy Right, talk about a good redeemed / redeemable character.
Sep 22, 6:54 AM
Mar 2015
Best anime this season. Can’t wait for s2
Sep 22, 6:55 AM
Apr 2014
Tried to do a demon slayer ep 19 at the end there, didnt live up to the same hype though.
Sep 22, 6:56 AM
Jan 2021
Absolutely magnificent episode!!!
Sep 22, 6:57 AM
Oct 2016
The students forced to fight this evil grand duke monster that would require an army to defeat it under normal circumstances. Will and the group cornered by this giant thing thanks to those two meddling evil mages we saw run off last episode. Trying to fight the evil grand duke is not easy obviously as the group has to run off and hide initially. With the other monsters there heeding its call of authority, hiding would only last a little while. The monster would find and kill them sooner than later. Will rallying the group into facing the evil grand duke head on. Wignall has really come around and respects Will now. Colette has always been his friend. Lihanna trusts Wignall and now in turn Will. Sion is reluctant but understands that fighting and dying is better than running into a corner and dying. Julius is the only one not interested in fighting to the death but still knows that's what they have to try. Will inspiring everyone to fight was awesome, he's the one with the most dungeon experience so having him lead is the smart choice. The fight itself looked great! Everyone unleashing their elemental attacks on this giant dragon looking evil grand duke. Those evil mages must've put some extra barrier spells on it to just make things tougher. None of their initial attacks working at all. Having to combine wand and sword together to beat this thing is a really coming together moment. Showing that each working together is the best way of doing things. Its still not defeated but they're finally making a dent.
Sep 22, 7:02 AM

Apr 2021
I really hate that trope of the hero suddenly falling into despair and/or fear — even worse that it was just cause his goggles broke — when they were the person with the bravery and strength 5 minutes ago, inspiriting the others, which forces them to make him come back by force or by words.

It just makes the MC look completely lame and pathetic, even if he gets up to risk his life again. True Heroes keep their same goal from beginning to end, without faltering or doubting, that is what sets them apart from the rest.

He should have been angered that this monster destroyed the goggles and been motivated to kick its butt because it ruined the gift, that would have made more sense for his character.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Sep 22, 7:12 AM

May 2020
I hate convenient backstories, which just happen to be there... to justify some serious powerup which was nowhere to be seen this entire time. But tbh, they kind of needed that, if it is actually hinting something about Will which we'd know about going forward. Rosti being there out of nowhere was so weird though.

They could've saved their best animation for this episode btw, given the stakes and it being the penultimate episode, but still, not like they dropped the ball or something. Also, Shion and Julius are the prime candidates for the biggest clown of the year at this point.. especially Julius.
Sep 22, 7:13 AM

Jul 2017
The 270-credit Evil Grand Duke is the cusp of everyone's worries currently, and being as they are, it's impossible to defeat it even with the Evil Sentinels and Evil Guards parading around the dungeon floor. There is only one way, and that's to take out the leader, regardless of if they like it or not as Wignall signals the start to trust Will as their leader who can bring them out in one piece. That still depends on magic, through the key player of Julius with Will teaching him one of Elfie's tricks, even if Ars Weiss does put a strain on him.

Even with all of their strength, individual or collaborative, it's still not enough to stop the monster. And to make matters worse, with Elfie's goggles broken, Will almost lost his consciousness, and Sion being requested to give him a punching blow to awaken himself, it's quite the motivational boost to keep pushing.

The title drop is quite the coldness joining his sword with the wand in flames, and this is where Will truly shines, along with the subtle OST.

At first I thought this penultimate episode was mid, but with Will rising to the occasion, it shattered my expectations. Magnificent episode.

Ricky16 said:
Missed watching it live on television, but I'll definitely watch it now.
Yeah right, keep on chasing the post and NOT actually watching, jerk.
Sep 22, 7:22 AM

Mar 2014
Beautiful! they were able to bring to live that awesome battle scene from the manga.

It was well done, but it did not live up to the cinematic style used in Demon Slayer, but it was very close.

but ending the episode with a cliff hanger was a little bit anti-climatic, they saved up the battle closure to the next episode.
Sep 22, 7:43 AM

Jul 2021
I love credit roll episodes, they’re always some of the best directed.
Sep 22, 8:14 AM
Oct 2020
Ok we got the title drop kinda with the wand and sword. Sion and Will combo Wanbo (Argo Vesta not demon slayer Hinogami Kaguya) actually did it and cut the evil grand duke in half wow. Also yeah Rosty really was Frosty the snowman lol. The teachers didn't even need to come and save the day. Still now that they managed to beat a monster worth 270 credits do they all get that or is it split up? or will only Will get if since he got the final blow?

Also Sion tsundere of the season?

RexnihiloSep 22, 8:24 AM
Sep 22, 8:38 AM

Dec 2021
Was a better episode than last two, a LOT better. Not only because the animation looked good for once, but because these stupid ass side characters shut the fuck up for half the episode thanks to the fighting. Seriously, this show more than anything only knows how to make annoying side characters.

Like a grudge is never this fucking serious where you just keep calling this dude "nO-TaLenT" like get the dudes dick out yo mouth jeez. With the mini name drop and all, this felt like the finale for sure. So have no idea what they could have in store for next week.

Sep 22, 8:47 AM

Jan 2016
5/5 !!!, Way better than my expectation which were:
-Elfie comes down and saves them
-The two teachers come down and save them

Will is on his way to become a Magia Vander or whatever term is I have bad memory. He lead a battle to defeat a monster of 27x individual, 4.5x combined rating of the group. Then him and Sion did the final blow (I would think) with a helpful reminder from Elfie "Wand AND Sword". We didn't have ending with Elfie sleeping with Will yet again likely because she was hyper focused on Will.

I clapped for those end credits. This anime will definitely only be getting a 8/10 from me (I hadn't rated yet). Looking forward to next episode. Everyone in this group made HUGE progress/improvements with:
-ice man learning how to optimally use the toddler magic
-Plant/Illusion man both improving his magic, and personality (and getting touched ;) (don't tell Elfie (who touched Will with her bigger part on the nightly ;) )))
-Lightning lady gaining more confidence or something
-Earth lady continuing her good synergy without needing words
-Mr-Notice-Me-Will [!!!] (fire boy) both trying to be more like Will with up-close-and-personal attack, and combining his wand with Will's Sword
-Flunky not needing goggles anymore

Not mentioning my issues, just focusing on what I loved (and teachers got to see this greatness <3) <3

Sep 22, 8:51 AM
Apr 2021
bgm in ending this episode is too good, and the fight cinema
Sep 22, 8:58 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to IzanaSolos
Was a better episode than last two, a LOT better. Not only because the animation looked good for once, but because these stupid ass side characters shut the fuck up for half the episode thanks to the fighting. Seriously, this show more than anything only knows how to make annoying side characters.

Like a grudge is never this fucking serious where you just keep calling this dude "nO-TaLenT" like get the dudes dick out yo mouth jeez. With the mini name drop and all, this felt like the finale for sure. So have no idea what they could have in store for next week.
Ricky16 said:
Will Unleashes His full strength in the end✨🔥 with the help from The roommate?

If it's not Elfie which they have made repetiviely crystal clear it is, then I'm throwing my computer in the trash and never watching anime again.
Rinrinka said:
Oh dear, typical "new powerful move when almost losing" trope eh?

Yeah that's one of the many negatives I didn't want to talk about hahaha. Agreed that hopefully they explain, my guess is the sword is special and the Knight needs to have magical talent to utilize the absorption (Will has magical talent, without actually being able to make his own magic)
Rexnihilo said:
Also Sion tsundere of the season?

yes c:
IzanaSolos said:
So have no idea what they could have in store for next week.

My guess is they all start learning what the hell Wand AND Sword is. Can't expect anything too deep since last episode and likely for future season if anything.
A sword is what Elfie wanted, and reminded Will here. Now people know about the power not just of Will and his Sword, but Wand AND Sword. Maybe some more interaction between Sion and Will ;) or Wignal and Will ;), he needs a whole harem, can't just have Elfie showering and sleeping with him nightly.

Sep 22, 9:00 AM
Aug 2021
Interesting infant flashback. I wasn’t on board with the Rosti/Elfie posts but there’s more to Rosti than just a buddy. I look forward to seeing how these unfold.
Sep 22, 9:02 AM
Oct 2021
guys he said the thing wit hthe thing where it is the aniem title
Sep 22, 9:08 AM
Aug 2024
Holy smokes, that was some terrible writing. Bro took 3 business days to cast that Armenta Auliscas, damn. Also, why does Wignall want to die so bad? Docking one whole grade, from 7 to 6, due to that absolutely ridiculous physics-and-logic-defying glasses breakage. Them creating a mega sword for him last second, him knowing to grab it immediately after falling through the circle, Sion who is definitely weaker than Julius, trying to charge with his Byrdelion as if there's a chance to penetrate those iron wings. My goodness, who wrote this? As soon as he said wand can't do it and sword can't do it, it was obvious what needs to be done. I don't understand how I got so pissed at this episode, but here we are.

Edit: upon reading the rest of this thread, seems like I'm the only one and this was apparently a masterpiece.
Sep 22, 9:23 AM
Oct 2019
fun episode I want to see the next one
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29

120 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 3:07 PM

» The plot of this show is just repeating itself

SoupEnergy - Sep 9

42 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Oct 14, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 21

120 by Biisoo »»
Oct 14, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 14

173 by Biisoo »»
Oct 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1

121 by amirsayeed »»
Oct 12, 7:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.