Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Home Hero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 9, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, it's clear this anime is still dealing with sensitive topics in their society. As it currently stands, I find the circumstances of some of the cast quite realistic.

From Tetsuo's point of view, he was dealing with another real life problem. Not going to lie, I like the usage of the soundtrack this episode to make everything feel more thrilling. Scary cliffhanger tbh. This is the type of show that anyone can be trapped into a horrific event. 
Apr 9, 2023 7:58 AM

Feb 2018
Is this a family game with poker cards? Reika really watches that horror movie in front of her father while he's eating, lol... This is an interesting family. I hope Tetsuo can live his days in peace but that's a scary dream... Reika's dream flashback, being attacked. Kasen-san feels there is a car spying on their family. Tetsuo-san also realizes the car because he has seen it following him before.

Reika sleeping, what an amazing fanservice, lol. Although there was a burglary in the car trunk, it was just a change of clothes. It was an amazing bait.

Reika really suspects the two of them and yahhh Reika still prefers to eat. It's really tense but yahhh Tetsuo-san realizes that something has happened inside the house. It's suspicious, why are they using pots and soil? Hiding behind the closet is pretty good.

Tetsuo realizes that their house is being bugged so yahhh Tetsuo decides to communicate using notes. With that conversation plan, they leave. Of course, it's Tetsuo-san's first experience of killing someone. That's a strange question, Kasen-san.

Oooomagaaa yahhh... that's a scary family. No matter how well you hide the body, it will eventually be discovered. There is an attack and yahhh Tetsuo-san and Kasen-san are caught.
Apr 9, 2023 8:40 AM
Sep 2015
LOL when the wife ask if this is the first time her husband kill someone, she doesn't realized that she's also surprisingly good at handle this kind of situation, the kind of situation that normal people can't handle.

I see a potential in making a live-action version of this story.
Apr 9, 2023 8:54 AM
Oct 2020
The angst was high this episode.
Apr 9, 2023 8:54 AM
Jun 2020
This family is so random. Daughter is so oblivious and Mom and Dad seem so used to decomposing a body. Like, WTH? HOW DID YOU EVEN COME UP WITH THAT SHIT!? (I mean they both have a talk at the end, but still, WTFH)...

...This anime got me faq'ed up man. I'm so enthralled everytime they move even in the slightest, always at the edge of my f-- seat
Apr 9, 2023 8:56 AM

Jun 2016
We certainly have an odd family here in how the main character himself seems so damn acquainted with knowing how to decompose a body so well to remove evidence as if he has done it before. His explanation about reading mystery novels is a little unconvincing lol So there has to be more
Gift by Mimurona

Apr 9, 2023 9:03 AM

Mar 2020
Reika is just a bit too oblivious for my liking. Many things just feel glossed over when it could be more suspenseful. Tetsuo is doing all he can to dispose of the body, but sooner or later, life catches up to you, and the cliffhanger is an eerie indication of that.

The thing that caught my attention was when the wife asked if this was Tetsuo's first murder. There is no way that's the end of that question, there must be more.
Apr 9, 2023 9:04 AM
Jun 2021
phantomfandom said:
LOL when the wife ask if this is the first time her husband kill someone, she doesn't realized that she's also surprisingly good at handle this kind of situation, the kind of situation that normal people can't handle.

I was having similar thoughts, I find that the wife's a bit suspicious; she's too calm
Apr 9, 2023 9:09 AM

May 2020
another good episode
that cliff hanger ending tho
cant wait for the next ep

Apr 9, 2023 9:12 AM

Feb 2019
That cliffhanger at the end tho. Also I am interested in kyoichi. He seems like a really intelligent guy.
Apr 9, 2023 9:14 AM

Feb 2021
I don't think Tetsuo lied about this being his first murder, but maybe he has helped someone hide a body like this already.
Apr 9, 2023 9:18 AM
Nov 2019
okaasan seems even less bothered about dealing with the deadbody the the father, damn she must have nerves of steel !
Apr 9, 2023 9:26 AM
Aug 2012
Art sucks, but the story is holding my interest
Apr 9, 2023 9:29 AM
Sep 2021
Tetsuo his trying his best to protect his family but problems keep on heading their way, it's a difficult journey indeed.
Apr 9, 2023 9:30 AM

Jun 2014
For those wondering why Tetsuo seems so accustomed to disposing of bodies and how he's able to come up with these methods, remember, he has a deep knowledge of the mystery genre, and reads/writers mystery novels in his spare time. I looked that up on the MHH Wikipedia page, I don't think it was explicitly explained in the show (but it was hinted at early in episode 1). Also, in this very episode, after his wife asked him that question, he said "mystery as a genre has existed for over 100 years, so I have a lot of material to draw from." 

Tetsuo and his wife are somehow managing to keep up their sneaky little facade, and they've been just barely getting by so far by the skin of their teeth, but that cliffhanger shows that it can't last forever and their actions are finally catching up to them.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Apr 9, 2023 9:31 AM
Sep 2022
Visual quality, art-design and detailing are solid, but suspense, plot, twists and character development are holding my interest. Great episode 👍
Apr 9, 2023 9:55 AM

Dec 2015
Direction is rather disappointing. They're rushing with what's already a very condensed plot, this story is not going to work if they don't take the time to build up the suspense... 
XXXXXXXXXIIIApr 9, 2023 9:59 AM
Apr 9, 2023 9:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Disguising himself as a cleaner was quick thinking. Cooking the body like a piece of meat huh. What a dream that Tetsuo ended up having though. Still Nobuto's friends sure moved fast. Its odd seeing them working so well together ridding the body though. Using the survey as a delaying tactic though was a good one. But the counter to that really was genius. Though its unfortunate the guys that they're trying to evade are more cunning than they are. Overall a pretty good ep that featured some great tension as well as expansion on the bonds between Tetsuo and his wife.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2023 10:09 AM

Sep 2013
Watching this makes me want a Manager Kim adaptation one day...
Deep dark fantasies
Apr 9, 2023 10:33 AM

Apr 2018
Tetsuo's knowledge comes from his years of writing mystery novels and such. He has a deep understanding of what to do and he's in general a smart guy. It might or might not be his first time murdering someone. The scene were they've checked his suitcase had me on the verge of my chair when I was reading the manga and so did the anime. Everyone's suspicious of Kaisen, but it'll be clear why she isn't your typical housewife. Same goes for Tetsou.

Would have been much better if it was a different studio. Because the way they're adapting the story, it feels like everything is coming out of nowhere. 

Side note: they've skipped a WHOLE chapter just for the cliffhanger. And they've cut out a LOT of dialogue which makes it seem so unrealisitc and very fast paced.
SideCharacterKalApr 9, 2023 11:16 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 9, 2023 10:34 AM

Aug 2016
All this does is make me want to read the manga. More descriptions and in-depth reasoning, better pacing and just improved handling of the suspense. There's potential here but the directing and editing isn't showing that so far.
Apr 9, 2023 10:40 AM

Jan 2018
He posed as a cleaner and barely got away with it. What a relief.

"Is this your first murder?", the wife asks calmly. I want to know if it's HER first murder. Because of how calm she was since episode 1, I find her very sus.

That cliffhanger though. Shit got real very quick.

But I was wondering if they'd play around with the idea of Tetsuo and his wife getting found or not for at least one more episode.

As others stated, the direction of this anime is very strange. A slower pacing would've benefitted a thriller story like this a lot.

The animation/artwork is like watching a live-action movie with terrible actors. It feels like the expressions aren't drawn as they should've been.

I didn't read the manga so I don't know if it was like this in the source too or not. Even if it wasn't, the anime should've added some things to make the pacing slower.
Apr 9, 2023 10:47 AM

May 2020
Just when it looked like Tetsuo and his wife managed everything fine, we got that sort of cliffhanger. I mean it makes sense too, or rather would've had made much more if those bad guys tried to abduct or have their way with force since the start. I mean they're are lawless, and not some official authority looking for evidences.

Books sure can influence someone, to the point where people like Tetsuo can learn to plan this far ahead. First with the suitcase, and then him and his wife reading that script to fool the pursuers. Genuinely Tetsuo seems like someone who has a talent for it, even though he denies not murdering anyone before. I'm impressed with the mother though, she's all cool with everything lol.

Anyways a lot better episode than the premiere we had.
Apr 9, 2023 10:57 AM
Jul 2016
I got to wonder if it smells good after boiling it?
Apr 9, 2023 11:01 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I wasn't sure Tetsuo had it in him to dispose the dead body, but he did it while getting rid the evidence in Reika's apartment. The yakuza is still looking for Nobuto and knows that something happened to him as his last know location was in Reika's apartment so they started tailing Tetsuo and his wife back to their house. They went as far as going through Tetsuo's car and sneaking into the house to plant listening devices. I knew it was a matter of time before Tetsuo and his wife got abducted as the yakuza are starting to run out of patience about Nobuto's whereabouts.
Apr 9, 2023 11:11 AM
Mar 2015
They are been investigated by the yakuza but next time things get worse
Apr 9, 2023 11:18 AM

Jan 2012
Another good episode. As a manga reader I’m still not a fan of mc but i hope he gets better. Next episode events are probably the last one i am familiar with.
Apr 9, 2023 11:38 AM

Jun 2017
This anime is so tense as it is animated in a static way
The soundtrack and the performances help a lot
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Apr 9, 2023 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
Oh boy oh boy oh boy.  This got wild quickly.  Love it!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 9, 2023 11:43 AM
Aug 2021
That was some quick thinking on the dad's part I thought he would kill him. I honestly doubt I would have thought of that or been as calm as the dad. The opening is actually nice, I didn't pay that much attention the first time around. Is Reika's dad secretly a murderer bro is too efficient at covering up a murder. Reika is a witch🤣🤣. Yeah, naa the dad has definitely done this before. The mum is another intellectual bro cleans her house so often that she recognises any discrepancies. SEE EVEN THE WIFE THINKS HE HAS DONE THIS BEFORE. If a woman told me "Don't think you are in this alone." I would cry and smile so hard as well. WHAT THE HELL that ending caught me off guard I actually thought they got away. I am really scared for the Mum. Those guys give me the vibe that they will have their way with her 2 get whatever information they need. The outro is also nice. Excited about next week's episode.
Apr 9, 2023 11:55 AM
Dec 2020
The animation is average but the plot of the anime is interesting and thrilling , looking forward to it.
Apr 9, 2023 11:58 AM
Aug 2020
I’m really enjoying every min of the episode, I’m so excited to watch the next episode…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 9, 2023 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
I feel like this family is more messed up than the gang they're dealing with.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Apr 9, 2023 12:09 PM

Feb 2007
This is the kind of wife you want - you kill someone (to keep your family safe) and she just asks how she can help.
Apr 9, 2023 12:12 PM

Oct 2008
This is thrilling! i like it!! moar plzzz!!
5/5.

Apr 9, 2023 12:24 PM

Jul 2017
Tetsuo disguised as a cleaner while Kyoichi is tasked to find the deceased Nobuto, it's intense realization. But still, him and his wife Kasen are elaborate on hiding Nobuto's body to make sure that they leave no traces of evidence behind, just like how food is prepared, but with human remains instead. Within all means to hide the truth from Reika, they must commit the perfect crime, even when the Yakuza is watching their every step to get not just Reika, but the entire family instead.

A slight change of plans has both Tetsuo and his wife act quickly to dispose the remains, while Kyoichi acts on his side to wiretap the entire house while Shingo keeps them busy. Though with the failed plan, both parents were able to fake their way out, while knowing of the Yakuza's purposes to drive them away. Even though this is Tetsuo's first murder, it was elaborate planning all the way through, and his wife is prepared to face the atrocities together with him, no matter how far they go.

The Yakuza forcing their way through to the married couple, the intenseness doesn't stop now.
Apr 9, 2023 12:26 PM

Jul 2021
Apart from the fact, that the parents' behaviour seems completely irrational and weird, I think it's pretty interesting. Excited for the next episode because of that cliffhanger though!
Apr 9, 2023 12:33 PM
Jul 2017
Hiruuu_ said:
This family is so random. Daughter is so oblivious and Mom and Dad seem so used to decomposing a body. Like, WTH? HOW DID YOU EVEN COME UP WITH THAT SHIT!? (I mean they both have a talk at the end, but still, WTFH)...

...This anime got me faq'ed up man. I'm so enthralled everytime they move even in the slightest, always at the edge of my f-- seat

The father is an author that writes murder mystery novels so he knows his research lol. And the wife… well there’s a reason why she is the way she is but that’s manga stuff that the anime probably won’t get into yet.
Apr 9, 2023 12:41 PM
Apr 2020
phantomfandom said:

there is already live action in Indian Bollywood named as " drishyam "
Apr 9, 2023 12:41 PM
Aug 2017
This anime is so intriguing. It feels like a literal murder mystery novel. That being said tho, I still find the parents irrational. They are way too calm to this situation. I almost chuckled when the wife asked her husband if this was his first murder given how she behaved up until now. Can't wait to see more!
Apr 9, 2023 12:46 PM

Nov 2013
They got attacked already? How can they get out of this alive?! 
Apr 9, 2023 12:59 PM

Feb 2019
Nah man we gotta take a moment to appreciate how real the mom is. Imagine having a woman that would support and help you thru all this without even a complaining. That’s a good woman. W parents. W marriage
Apr 9, 2023 1:00 PM

Oct 2022
Mcsuper said:
Reika is just a bit too oblivious for my liking. Many things just feel glossed over when it could be more suspenseful. Tetsuo is doing all he can to dispose of the body, but sooner or later, life catches up to you, and the cliffhanger is an eerie indication of that.

The thing that caught my attention was when the wife asked if this was Tetsuo's first murder. There is no way that's the end of that question, there must be more.

I get the feeling she's not as oblivious/innocent as she acts. Her skilled sleight of hand is definitely ringing some alarm bells for me.
Apr 9, 2023 1:05 PM
Sep 2015
Db_kamal said:

It's interesting that you point out Drishyam because when Drishyam first came out in 2013 it had been accused of plagiarizing Suspect X, which is a Japanese film released in 2008 based on 2005 novel.
Apr 9, 2023 1:10 PM

Nov 2016
Cliffhanger is going stupid

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2023 1:14 PM
Jun 2020
This is getting annoying. In America he could just use a gun and got all this over with. Also the daughter is too clueless.
Apr 9, 2023 1:16 PM

Nov 2022
Imagine they get hired by yakuza or some shit lol. This one gave me some heavy breaking bad vibes.
Apr 9, 2023 1:21 PM

Feb 2007
hypercowbell said:
In America he could just use a gun and got all this over with.

Not a solution in any way at all. Just the easiest way to end up in prison or, it being in America, shot by the police. And the goal here is to get away with this without being found out, not to draw even more attention to yourself.
Apr 9, 2023 1:27 PM
Apr 2020
phantomfandom said:
Db_kamal said:

It's interesting that you point out Drishyam because when Drishyam first came out in 2013 it had been accused of plagiarizing Suspect X, which is a Japanese film released in 2008 based on 2005 novel.

well I was a child at that time so I didn't thought about it... I just said as it was something I watched when I was a child
Apr 9, 2023 1:29 PM
May 2017
Hmm idk it's aight😕

W wife tho, she's a ride or die. Most would just expect the husband to fix everything and nag about every little thing he should have done differently. But not this one, she helps him figure stuff out as a team 🤞

3/5
Quanda1eDing1eApr 9, 2023 1:33 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2023

63 by drrsmith »»
Sep 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

112 by YgorDS »»
Jun 27, 12:07 PM

» Till what chapter is it adapted?

tweetoot - May 19

7 by PLight09 »»
Jun 14, 3:04 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2023

95 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sir_4lpha_ - Mar 19, 2023

236 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.