Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 31, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Difficult decisions...

Scary to think such a big event such as a portal between the human and demon world would appear now. It also looks like they put Echidna into a difficult position in her role too. 3 more episodes left and seems their world is still very unbalanced.

May 31, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
So Onyx a.k.a Leo is finally integrated into Echidna's Demon Lord army, but that Last Supper symbolism with the cast's omission means that they must act fast to progress to commit to their objective of claiming the Philosopher's Stone before the humans do.

But disbanding the Generals at this stage seems like a hard-fast difficult decision for Echidna to even mention, and Leo choosing to reveal himself to her now at this stage with the other Generals looking onward is also a decision not taken lightly. It may look like a case of deception, and that definitely infuriated Echidna to be fooled by Leo's tomfoolery with the other Generals benefitting from Leo's inclusion, he's definitely the Rejected Hero whom Rebuilt the Demon Lord's Army.

To pass the torch from human to demon, both Leo and Echidna defintely got well with each other (I might as well think of them like a potential ship) for an unlikely fate. Unlike an actual human, Leo acts like a robot, yet talks like a human, only to serve commands and be withdrawn when humanity has no longer any need in it until to unleash chaos, and restart the cycle over and over again.

To think that Leo himself is a Philosopher Stone, to kill him would be asinine, but given that he's a bioweapon made to save the world, that really makes sense at the end of the journey. To save the world by killing humanity, what a twist to have the character roles be twisted and have Leo be the final boss.

Makes you think that this journey is not just for naught.
May 31, 2022 8:07 AM

Mar 2013
Finally, he revealed himself to her. Echidna's reaction is so cute. I was hoping for more jokes... (~ ̄³ ̄)~
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 31, 2022 8:30 AM
Sep 2015
Since there are two stones I expect they'll eventually manage to use stone in a human city rather than inside Leo.
May 31, 2022 8:35 AM

Oct 2017
Bruh, this keeps getting better and better what a hidden gem this show is.
May 31, 2022 8:36 AM

Oct 2017
Was waiting to see Leo's reveal and Echidna's reaction was as amusing as I thought it'd be. The second half of this episode thou. From how things were going I knew this was gonna happen but it was still well executed.
May 31, 2022 8:40 AM
Jul 2014
Could see that ending coming but it was done so well, Can not wait for the next ep now.
May 31, 2022 8:40 AM

Feb 2020
Woah what a plot twist. Technicaly it should be a good death for someone who is immortal and lives for like 3k years but ye he still is a mc so I doubt. Cool ep ngl and finally some nice action cuz I were bored a bit after previous eps.
May 31, 2022 8:43 AM

Jun 2013
This show turned out to be very good after all. I'd go as far and say it's one of the best this season. excited for the next episodes. All the main characters are great. The development is great.
May 31, 2022 8:47 AM

Jun 2013
Piorunixst said:
Woah what a plot twist. Technicaly it should be a good death for someone who is immortal and lives for like 3k years but ye he still is a mc so I doubt. Cool ep ngl and finally some nice action cuz I were bored a bit after previous eps.

Agreed. Leo mentioned himself that the 3k years have deteriorated his mind. It would be a great place for him to die, but it seems like it's also the first time in his 3k years that he managed to have friends and people he cared about, so we'll see. He always seemed to be very sad in the flashbacks and started to laugh and be happy after meeting Echidna and co.
May 31, 2022 8:53 AM

Jun 2021
Echidna’s reaction when Leo revealed himself was simply hilarious as we all expected! I look forward to see how Echidna and the Elite Four will beat the one person who wiped the floor with them once before, and he wasn’t even using his full strength then. If he goes all out now, they're in for a world of pain.
May 31, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2019
Yep that went about how you’d expect considering Leo hid his identity for months and got extremely close to echidna. You could definitely feel how upset she was and disappointed in herself more than anything.

I love how two weeks in a row, we basically get two episodes that essentially just are two long convos, yet they’re both extremely interesting and you don’t feel bored at all. Really just speaks to the writing of this series.

That final reveal of Leo possessing the stone in his heart and challenging everyone to kill him with that new OP playing.. chef’s kiss. Can’t wait for that to drop on Apple Music. Great episode.
May 31, 2022 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
Wow things got real serious real quick in this episode. All of the previous build up exploded in episode 9, and damn was it well worth it. The anime was lacking a more serious "tone" and we finally got it, which of course was always going to happen the closer we got to the end and as soon as Leo confessed to Echidna who we really was.

Tbh I didn't predict / saw coming that he himself was the stone. I don't if it was implied in previous episodes and I just simply missed it, but that was really shocking. Going by what was said in this episode I don't really expect them to just kill Leo for the stone tbh. They will probably find another solution or simply stay on planet earth, and if they do kill him i'll be shocked, unless he can revive some other way somehow.

It's pretty cool finally seeing Echidna reaction to who Black Onyx really was. Pretty awesome too that they were able to get along pretty fast. I don't know if there's meant to be a little bit of romance in this anime because its tags and nature don't seem to suggest to, but if there's even a little hint of it, I hope is used on the two main protagonists. But yeah pretty cool stuff, definitely one of the better ones, if not the best of the anime.
Shinagawa101May 31, 2022 9:08 AM
May 31, 2022 9:04 AM

May 2017
This episode was the best! Plot twist was really epic. The final parts where Leo speaks about his past and reveals that he got Philosopher's stone inside his heart and telling to Echidna to kill him,Kensho Ono really nailed it! As i expected from my favorite voice actor,he does every character justice!
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
May 31, 2022 9:06 AM
Aug 2009
I'm extremely puzzled about low score of this series which seems to drop further as time goes.
May 31, 2022 9:08 AM
Jun 2017
Ffs I thought it was only going to be a regular “face reveal” where Onyx reveals himself as Leo. But they went an extra few miles to reveal that Leo was actually the last boss and the demons are now the heroes.
May 31, 2022 9:09 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Amazing episode I definitely didn't see this coming.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

May 31, 2022 9:26 AM

Dec 2021
Deathless said:
I'm extremely puzzled about low score of this series which seems to drop further as time goes.

Every show usually has it's score dropped as the season goes on, but episodes 5-7 were pretty mediocre IMO and that's one of the reasons why it dropped so much the last few weeks. I've had it as a 7 for most of the time, but today's episode bumped my score back to an 8 because of how good it was.
May 31, 2022 9:52 AM
Dec 2021
BEST! EPISODE! IN THE ENTIRE SERIES!
May 31, 2022 10:10 AM

Dec 2015
This epsiode was insane! Not only did we finally get to see Leo reveal his true identity to Echidona, we also got an insane twist at the end! Honestly Leo declaring war on humanity caught me somewhat off guard :O I kind of expected him to be the guardian, but not for his heart to be the philosopher's stone! By becoming the villain and making them the heroes, he is giving them a chance to improve their relationship with humanity... I wonder if the five of them can make up for each other's weaknesses and actually beat Leo!
May 31, 2022 10:10 AM

Nov 2016
Demon Party Facing Lvl 99 boss in the mountaintop of the giants.
May 31, 2022 10:11 AM

May 2016
well i didn't see that coming. So how will this end? I'm assuming he is unbeatable.
May 31, 2022 10:12 AM
Jan 2021
I came here to post how I enjoyed Echidna's tantrum in this episode. Then, I discovered the great Hondo Kaede is Echidna's seiyuu! So, OF COURSE Hondo-san would nail that delivery.
Obvious fanboy, here. :)
May 31, 2022 10:13 AM
Apr 2021
This series took awhile to get good, but now with this twist I’m fully invested.
May 31, 2022 10:13 AM
Apr 2022
I was hoping they would build up the tension but it seems they just wanted that part of the exposition out of the way. Good story i just hoped for better i guess.
May 31, 2022 10:31 AM

May 2021
Great episode! The portal to the demon world is closing and it was funny to see Echidna being scared of the threat that is Leo without knowing though he is actually on their side xD. It would seem that Leo took off his mask and revealed himself to Echidna though she was in disbelief...
She started to laugh and then got very, very mad!
Honestly, she needs to swallow her pride and be grateful to him, not try to attack him lol.

I'm happy they seem to be on good terms with each other now but I worry for Leo who says that he seems to be breaking down...
And Leo has the second philosopher's stone in his heart!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 31, 2022 10:37 AM
Jun 2014
I really liked the twist the author has done here. Saddly the author stuck himself in a bad position, where he cant let the mc die before the end of the story because of his title. I would have liked to see a story, where the mc would have been the mc for like 3 Novels of the Light Novel or something, then the crisis in this episode happens. The Author could then kill of the mc and make Echidna the "new" mc. I think that would have been a very interesting twist to read.

~spoiler alert for tengen toppa guren lagan~

It could have been something similar like kaminas death in tengen toppa guren lagan and thus having a shift in mc's.

~end of spoiler~

Now the author is forced to let the mc life and the characters "need to find a way together without sacrifices" This is very anime tropy if you ask me.

May 31, 2022 10:56 AM
May 2019
things are getting interesting 🔥
May 31, 2022 11:10 AM
Feb 2022
This New Episode Was Good And The Twist Was So Epic That I Got Goosebumps At Last.....
Just Waitin For Next Episode To Air .....
May 31, 2022 11:22 AM
Feb 2022
The only way they beat Leo is if Leo sandbags and pulls a Lelouch. Which would honestly make sense narratively given that Leo is clearly tired of this life and simply wants some peace even if that goes against his programming. Sadly that peace can only come to happen if he is terminated by someone else as it appears he lacks the ability to self terminate. Then again this is an Isekai and he is the MC so there is no way they can kill him off and if they do its going to be a huge shock
May 31, 2022 11:22 AM

Mar 2014
I'm not sure what but I'm getting more and more bored with this show
May 31, 2022 11:25 AM
Feb 2022
TheHubrisofMan said:
I came here to post how I enjoyed Echidna's tantrum in this episode. Then, I discovered the great Hondo Kaede is Echidna's seiyuu! So, OF COURSE Hondo-san would nail that delivery.
Obvious fanboy, here. :)

Also that Nao Touyama ED slaps. This series has got some famous seiyuus involved
May 31, 2022 11:38 AM
Nov 2016
Wow they turned it up to 11 this episode.
May 31, 2022 11:41 AM
May 2022
I really hope this episode is some kinda joke... Like Leo is joking about him being the philosophers stone. I hope it's some kind of bug test
May 31, 2022 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
At this point the fact they kicked in the ending theme song while they were still talking demonstrated just how wild things are about to become!

Total cliffhanger.... Squeeee!!

Is this another test from an ancient bio weapon gone rouge or is he about to wipe out the top brass of the demon army given his original programming!!!

Fuck yeah! Next episode please!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 31, 2022 12:56 PM

Jun 2015
Getintherobot234 said:
Then again this is an Isekai and he is the MC

This is not an Isekai ;)
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 31, 2022 12:57 PM

May 2018
We all know Leo is not going to get killed and eventually marry Echidna lol
May 31, 2022 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
First half of the episode was pretty cringe..

But Holy shit.. the latter half.. I Was having goosebumps.. The twist really came outta nowhere..
It ticked at the last minute that the stone can't possibly be near the Demon Castle otherwise Leo should have mentioned something..
I did love Leo's narration..
May 31, 2022 1:54 PM
Jun 2021
up the score ffs
ain't no way I'm about to see under 7.5 till the end
May 31, 2022 1:58 PM

May 2021
Back to back dialogues and I never lost interest. A sign that its certainly not bad. The build-up was also handled pretty well. Curious to see how things are resolved.
RioFSMay 31, 2022 2:24 PM

May 31, 2022 2:01 PM
May 2021
Well that definitely took a wild turn
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

May 31, 2022 2:10 PM
Dec 2021
Hehehe.... It's getting Interesting.
May 31, 2022 2:18 PM

Jan 2020
Great episode. Call me stupid I guess but I didn’t expect that plot twist. I hope Leo doesn’t die
May 31, 2022 2:19 PM
Mar 2021
oh wow, so part of the reason he joined is that he can feel himself starting to slip, and that he fears he might go bonkers and create problems for himself to solve. So he wants Echidna to take his heart because he's determined she's worthy of using it.

I have to admit, this show just keeps getting more interesting. And Echidna is really cute when she's angry, damn.
May 31, 2022 2:19 PM

Jan 2020
pAge_y0u said:
up the score ffs
ain't no way I'm about to see under 7.5 till the end

Why worry so much about the score tho? People have different opinions.
May 31, 2022 2:32 PM
May 2020
Prior episodes have influenced me to a point where I don't even care about the twist at the end anymore. None of this mechanical age stuff works for me since there's nothing to show for about that age except their words and the lack of connection between current age and then makes it worse. At this point I'm just watching for the sake of finishing it since I've committed 9 episodes already.
May 31, 2022 2:34 PM
Jan 2021
I saw the "plot twist" coming as soon as he described what the philosopher's stone actually is, but it is still an interesting situation.
May 31, 2022 2:37 PM
Aug 2021
What the hell is this actual plot twist, it just makes the story vibe like deathnote and story is going in a very amazing direction. Looking forward to it
May 31, 2022 3:26 PM
Space Bookworm

Sep 2021
Dang this show is surprisingly good.

Like man i never would have guessed that the Demon hart series HAD philosopher stones, its really sad and honestly they don't hint to it AT ALL, like you can guess from the build up TO the reveal but honestly none of the twists, from this being in the future, to him being a living philosopher stone. its nuts man. almost cried to when i realized it.
May 31, 2022 3:46 PM
Feb 2021
bruh what a cliffhanger of an ending, I am loving this series, the slice of life fan in me makes me want Leo to be saved somehow, but the fate fan in me has major doubts.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

141 by Richard170 »»
Sep 28, 9:00 PM

» What happened to the time limit? (spoilers)

RavenSynthesis6 - Jun 21, 2022

6 by Suratu »»
Sep 14, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2022

72 by handa_cohomology »»
Sep 1, 11:25 PM

» Am I The Only One Who Would Have Liked The Story Better If This Was The Case?

Rat8526 - Jun 18, 2022

29 by Tylerr »»
Aug 20, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

78 by Komlan_6 »»
Aug 14, 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.