Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Is that Tokyo? Damn, not the type of Tokyo you'd expect even for this show.

One of the more interesting episodes imo in terms of world building. Honestly, I was not expecting this anime to explore such a timeline with the cast they're given now.
May 24, 2022 8:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What an effective episode this was, the conversation was amazingly done.
May 24, 2022 8:14 AM

May 2016
OH boy. waiting for this to be on the "top 5 non binary anime characters"

Also I'm gonna assume he will get interrupted at the last second so yet again he couldn't tell the queen who he actually is.
May 24, 2022 8:28 AM

May 2021
Great episode! It was nice to see the past interactions between Leo and Eibrad the Imp and how the messages he told Leo are still remembered by him and inspire him today.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 24, 2022 8:32 AM
Jul 2014
This was a good episode and all but it's poorly timed, at this point I just wanted that Leo and Echidna scene no what the outcome or what takes place, due to this I was just angry and and to rewatch this ep a second time to take it in.
May 24, 2022 8:52 AM

May 2021
It was really great to see how this interaction between the imp and Leo shaped his beliefs. I didn't realize till later that he was the one in the cover of the book.

Quite liked how he went from trying to survive to feeling sorry for Leo.

ED hits hard.

May 24, 2022 8:52 AM

Jul 2017
More backstory of Leo's Human World of Tokyo being subterfuged by the demons coming from the Demon World via the Great Spirit Portal, only for demons to be threatened to death. Some low-tier demons like Eibrad the Dark Valley imp had enough of Belial's antics, they didn't want to lay waste to humans while knowing that Belial and his underlings wanted total domination of the human world, and it didn't take long for the genderless designed human bioweapon unit to kill those in its path.

Eibrad and Leo's conversation follows, and provides some generous depth of characterization into Leo's thinking as he transitions from being an emotionless robot, the weakest of the Demonhart series to whom he is today in Echidna's ranks. Because of what Eibrad has proclaimed to Leo (which ended up being true that he was rejected by humanity), Leo is able to make peace within himself, thanks to the lil' imp that saved his life and show him the way forward.

What a thoughtful episode, really well done. Thought I'd get bored, but nope.
Nao Toyama's special ED hits darker than black.
May 24, 2022 9:01 AM

Sep 2019
A new ED and a great episode to go with it, poggers.
May 24, 2022 9:07 AM

Feb 2019
This was actually a very good worldbuilding and flashback episode. Always love when fantasy shows focus on the character interactions instead of just an OP MC fighting bad guys. Really well done. Eibrad and Leo’s conversation felt like it went by so quick, can’t believe that was 23 mins.

That new ED is beautiful but definitely seems like we’re going to have a tonal shift starting next episode to make this darker
Marinate1016May 24, 2022 9:16 AM
May 24, 2022 9:27 AM
Jun 2021
Ummm… does anyone know what is the new ending song called? I can’t seem to find it…
May 24, 2022 9:29 AM
Mar 2015
Loved the world building, actually underrated imo
May 24, 2022 9:43 AM

Mar 2013
Great character development! We finally got to have a glimpse of Leo's past life. It was a sad but hopeful encounter for Leo.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 24, 2022 9:48 AM
Jan 2022
Good episode. I hope when the climax episode get adapted silver link can make the emotional moment to be good, because it's the best thing the novel has to offer, because everything else are just slice of lice fantasy kingdom management.
MnMm07May 24, 2022 10:05 AM
May 24, 2022 10:15 AM
Mar 2008
SpinosaurHP said:
Ummm… does anyone know what is the new ending song called? I can’t seem to find it…

It's called "De Messiah"
Singer is Nao Touyama,
Lyrics and music by TK (Rin Toshite Shigure),
arranged by TK and Giga,
English translation by Mes.

Good luck finding it because I haven't managed to track it down either :P
GeminosityMay 24, 2022 10:20 AM
May 24, 2022 10:30 AM

Apr 2012
'today i will tell them'
ok guys, see u in a week
May 24, 2022 10:35 AM
Mar 2021
Leon had a life changing talk with the imp.
May 24, 2022 10:53 AM

Jul 2015
gonna say this for the 10th time but This anime really has extreme potential for great world building..

and this episode was a proof for that..
seriously.. This was such a nice and interesting episode.. a weak creature feeling sorry for one of the strongest being.. Yet the feelings conveyed were so sincere..

God i'm in love with Aibrad! dude's a real nice guy..

I love fillers (techincally) like these which focus on world building rather than some cheap fanservice..
May 24, 2022 10:55 AM
Apr 2022
Is this English Dubbed
May 24, 2022 11:38 AM
Aug 2021
New episode(8) was really a good episode,this just means the anime is progressing in a good way
May 24, 2022 12:28 PM

Feb 2017
What a waste of an episode, this kind of world building should be left to extra manga chapters. Just boring filler to delay him talking to echidna again. Give the imp 5 minutes or so and get to the meeting
May 24, 2022 12:49 PM

Feb 2015
benren said:
What a waste of an episode, this kind of world building should be left to extra manga chapters. Just boring filler to delay him talking to echidna again. Give the imp 5 minutes or so and get to the meeting

I agree, it really didn't need to take up the whole episode. for a 12 episode show it seems to be taking its time getting going, I'm worried it will finish before anything significant happens.
May 24, 2022 12:59 PM
May 2020
This is where I drop. I clearly don't feel the same about the show as most others. Neither the characters nor the plot interest me anymore. At first I was intrigued by the idea of a hero joining the demon lord's army but that's just face value. The hero's just an overpowered emo, the demon lord's just a good person who cares for her lads and the generals just one dimensional characters who can't deal with their own problems at all.
May 24, 2022 1:20 PM
Feb 2022
Great ED and a quality episode too. The conversation was intriguing from start to finish and I really like the world building they do in this anime. I came hoping for action and kingdom management and didn't expect it to be this interesting character wise which is truly a pleasant surprise
May 24, 2022 1:21 PM
Feb 2022
UkRs said:
gonna say this for the 10th time but This anime really has extreme potential for great world building..

and this episode was a proof for that..
seriously.. This was such a nice and interesting episode.. a weak creature feeling sorry for one of the strongest being.. Yet the feelings conveyed were so sincere..

God i'm in love with Aibrad! dude's a real nice guy..

I love fillers (techincally) like these which focus on world building rather than some cheap fanservice..

I'd really love seeing more conversation focused Isekai like this ngl. Really has helped me get invested in each character
May 24, 2022 1:55 PM
Mar 2022
This episode was good in terms of world building as it gave more depth to Leo's character and information about him, but the placement was really poor because it not only took up the entire episode but they are also unnecessarily postponing the meeting with Echidna which, at this moment, is far more anticipated than a flashback episode. I also liked the new ED, it looks beautiful.
May 24, 2022 2:24 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows the reason why Leo is doing what he wants is because a pixie told him to do it when his job as protector of humanity ended because otherwise he would be kind of discarded
May 24, 2022 2:38 PM

May 2018
ngl I did not expect the anime to go this route. It is quite interesting
May 24, 2022 2:45 PM

Dec 2014
I guess it was backstory time, which tbh was a good one. I wonder if in next episode Leo will actually confess to being the hero or will he get interrupted again. Also cool story about Belial, I think that was his name, too. I wonder if he actually planned everything as Eibrad said, which if he did, it's going to make things interesting in the future. It was also cool learning about the whole hierarchy like the Devils being the ruling class. Anyways, waiting for the next episode.
May 24, 2022 3:56 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode. This episode was a exposition dump in regards to the world building and Leo's purpose after serving and severing ties with Humanity.

If his reason for joining the Demon Army is as simple as "Humanity didn't need me" or "I was tired of Heroing" I'd be okay with it. Even if he's fulfilling his "Promise" it would be cool.

I am really looking forward to next weeks episode.

Also that ending was FIRE!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 24, 2022 6:04 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh nice, new ed. I wonder if its still continue till the end of this season.

Then, dang, who could've expect it's an imp that giving Leo such a lengthy educated lecture about changing his way of life and run the hell out of it when it's about to go shit and told to fuck off your designed life's objective when the fucked up humanity rejected him spitting right on the face. So since the current age of humanity really rejected him to deep bone, as a good being and respect his mentor, Leo won't let imp lesson waste in vain.

That's his general reason quitting heroing, not since so long ago. I wonder if those tome actually being written by Leo and those illustration kinda be drew in such an exaggerated way since who knows what kind of the real imp image rather than Leo himself, when the tome being published. Interesting episode and its about time, Leo being serious confess shit in front of Echidna.

Can he telling everything? What's her reaction? And what else they do after that? Let's see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 24, 2022 6:38 PM

Mar 2018
Not a fan of this ED, but its fine nonetheless.

Hopefully, in the next episode, he can truly come clean about him and his intentions.
May 24, 2022 7:03 PM
Dec 2007
Crashmatt said:
benren said:

I agree, it really didn't need to take up the whole episode. for a 12 episode show it seems to be taking its time getting going, I'm worried it will finish before anything significant happens.
Season 2's have been flowing like wine lately, so I wouldnt be shocked if this one gets one as well. It's certainly paced like theres more coming, these last 8 episodes have essentialy turned out to be a prologue
May 25, 2022 12:30 AM

Jun 2021
It was nice to see the world as it was back then. Eibrad is a good dude. He’s totally right about Leo and his situation too. It’s pretty tragic. Just an endless cycle of saving the world and wandering aimlessly. Being humanity’s weapon is a terrible existence. Worst of all, he became the last of his kind. He had to repeat that cycle alone for well over a millennia. Even though it took awhile, I’m glad he took Eibrad’s advice. His words left a deep impression, though it would take years for it to mean anything.

One thing I was surprised about was the fact that he’s apparently the weakest too. There must have been some terrifying demons out there for all of them to die fighting.

Hopefully the reveal goes well next week. I’m very keen to see how it works out.
May 25, 2022 2:23 AM

Feb 2011
Trash episode. I hate when there's filler in a 12 episode anime. That entire conversation could've been skipped. The episode started off with what we wanted, then diverted into this crappy flash back

1/5

May 25, 2022 4:41 AM

Oct 2017
The backstory was nice but that cliffhanger at the end, damn. Looking forward to next episode.
May 25, 2022 4:43 AM

Oct 2016
That was a great episode! For an episode that's just talking to an Imp the entire time, it was highly entertaining lmao. It give Leo a deeper characterization too and gives meaning to his choices so far. Eibrad's a real bro.

Oh shit, title drop for the next episode, really looking forward to the next episode. Also, that new ED is a banger, really liked the Echidna and Leo shots too.
May 25, 2022 6:22 AM

Jun 2016
i almost fell sleep watching this boring episode ..

atleast the ending song and video is pretty good !!
May 25, 2022 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
pointless flashback episodeeeee
May 25, 2022 9:12 AM
Mar 2012
Depressing but interesting Eibrad.
New english ED very cool, Touyama & TK combo new to me.
May 25, 2022 11:53 AM

Mar 2014
Yawnnn next episode please
May 25, 2022 3:33 PM

Feb 2022
This show definitely stands out the more episodes I watch, you really can't judge this show by one episode or even three which is rare, usual I have a pretty clear picture pretty quickly. The character building and the more we find out about this world it makes me want to know more. I do think since it's dialog heavy that this would be a better read though, I hope someone picks up the novels for translation wouldn't mind buying them.

I hope we see a statue of the Eibrad and Leo in the future.
May 25, 2022 4:14 PM

Nov 2017
Well,this series went from funny to dark quick!
Not saying i didn't like it though,its shown a lot more thought into world building and the protags backstory than I thought it would,which is always good.
And to find out that Eibrad was the one who effectively set Leo on his path to join the demon army,and he was also theo focus of the books Echidna likes was nice too.
May 25, 2022 7:31 PM

Aug 2017
So this is taking place several thousand years from modern times? Also dang the Imp is right, it is really sad

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 25, 2022 8:04 PM

Jan 2021
Surprised we got to see more of Leo's backstory. Not just in clips but an entire episode based around his discussions with an imp. Got to say based on the first few episodes I wasn't expecting it to go in this direction.
May 25, 2022 10:07 PM
Oct 2021
I feel like the story has quite a lot of potential if the direction was better it could've been a lot more popular
May 26, 2022 5:20 AM

Aug 2021
It was a demon who was able to leave a hopeful message to Leo when he knew nothing of the world, the truth is that it was he who at least formed Leo as he is today and who knows the direction that his life will take, let's see what will happen.
May 26, 2022 9:04 AM

Feb 2021
Can't wait to see how they will respond to Leo's true intention of joining them.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 27, 2022 10:59 PM

Nov 2017
damn, this episode was sad af, Leo backstory was interesting tho, i hope they gonna make another backstory for him
May 28, 2022 12:42 AM

Oct 2008
i got really SLEEPY watching this episode that has too much talk/blabbering!
2/5.

May 28, 2022 3:51 AM
Apr 2021
looks like my decision to stick with the show is really paying off and we get to see a super intriguing backstory with a premise that hasn't been explored by other shows.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

141 by Richard170 »»
Sep 28, 9:00 PM

» What happened to the time limit? (spoilers)

RavenSynthesis6 - Jun 21, 2022

6 by Suratu »»
Sep 14, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2022

72 by handa_cohomology »»
Sep 1, 11:25 PM

» Am I The Only One Who Would Have Liked The Story Better If This Was The Case?

Rat8526 - Jun 18, 2022

29 by Tylerr »»
Aug 20, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

78 by Komlan_6 »»
Aug 14, 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.