Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 10, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, it looks like Leon is really bonding with Melnes in these latest episodes including this one and helping her improve social skills through their 'interviews'.

Leon display his sense of justice as expected as a man of his personality. Tbh, it feels like Melnes is very lucky to have a friend like Leon, probably the closest friend she has right now.
May 10, 2022 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
Leon's reason for joining the Demon Army that's instigated by Mernes instead of Shutina, Mernes shared some sentiment for being a human-demon hybrid sold off from young to be fatally trained into assassination.

From an assassin, then raised into the Demon Army to become one of Echidna's Great Generals together with the other Generals, until Leon's interference as the Hero set his dream to exterminate humanity fleeting, I think I understand Mernes's psyche better now as opposed to just giving up after losing heavily to Leon (when he was the Hero at that time), because it's all empathy for people whom suffered the same.

Leon's story about a Japan thwarted by demons that spread globally like wildfire, and his creation of being an human bioweapon in a stoic "hero series" who's the only one left alive made just to exterminate demons, the sense of depth of Leon's character as a tool is a 50-50 litigation of being sideswiped by humanity and being accepted into his own soul to do what he wanted to: join the other side.

A slow episode, but one that breathes life into Leon's past and who he truly is. Honestly, this episode may feel boring, but give it some thought and it can be life-changing, I will admit that this has heart.
May 10, 2022 8:23 AM
Sep 2015
So this is not isekai but a far future, interesting.

Last time I predict that the philosopher stone is isekai reincarnation tool, but since it's not isekai, it's not correct. So I think it is the technology from the old civilization, maybe it's a weapon belong to Leo, or one of those eleven fallen heroes.

But isn't it nice that Mernes and Leo is sleeping in the same room now, I ship them!
May 10, 2022 8:28 AM

May 2018
Damn our boi Leo is secretly an old hag
May 10, 2022 8:29 AM

May 2021
Great episode! It was nice to see Melnes giving his backstory as well as his motivation for joining the demon lord's army as well as Leon's...
it seems he was designed as a weapon by the humans to beat the demons and he is also over a thousand years old!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 10, 2022 8:45 AM

Nov 2016
That escalated quickly. Still, not enough depth for me to care about it.
May 10, 2022 9:11 AM

Jun 2021
Wow, what an episode. The visions of the past finally makes sense now, even though I'm pretty sure I've seen the modern-to-magical setting done elsewhere before. I wonder if Echidna and the other generals will eventually hear Leo's story as well, I'd love to see their reactions.
May 10, 2022 10:14 AM

Nov 2014
It's nice they already explained those future (or actually past) dreams. I like that idea, it adds some depth to Leo's strength. Now I wish to see reaction of other generals when they learn about that.
May 10, 2022 10:40 AM

Dec 2014
Well as a mere anime watcher I judging by how the episode started y really didn't expect that story. I guess is good storybuilding for both characters. Who would've guess that he was one of many weapons created more than a thousand years ago.
May 10, 2022 10:41 AM
Jun 2020
Wait, do people actually think this episode was boring? It ended so fast to me. I really enjoyed Leon's development in this episode.
May 10, 2022 11:03 AM

May 2021
Alright, finally those strange dreams are explained. Leon narrates his backstory as a someone who was protected the world for more than 1000 years and finally liberated himself by quitting heroin'. Now he just wants to see the world for himself and what better way than from the perspective of the humans.

May 10, 2022 11:25 AM

Oct 2017
Leo has gone through a lot, he more than deserves to do whatever he wants now.
May 10, 2022 11:28 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, Leo’s back story is actually pretty cool. A rather unique take on the fantasy genre. It must have been so hard carrying that burden and secret for thousands of years. No wonder the first opportunity he got to talk to someone about it he did. Being with the demon army is really the first choice he’s ever been able to make on his own.
May 10, 2022 12:06 PM
Mar 2021
oh shit it really is like Nier, kinda. When he said Tokyo I was like "wait. what????" that really threw me for a loop.

also Mernes is very cute and I would also spill all my secrets to him if he asked.
May 10, 2022 12:47 PM

Dec 2014
Leon's backstory is kinda...tragic, a common thing villains want is immortality but its not as fun as it seems
May 10, 2022 12:55 PM
Apr 2020
Immortality is nothing but a curse : ( poor leon
May 10, 2022 1:20 PM
May 2022
I wish a dubbed would come out but it's ok I still very much like the show it's truly amazing
May 10, 2022 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
The stuff from the past is starting to make sense now. It did come off as a little weird seems Hero is opening up so much to Mernes 'cause I would expect Echidna to be the first one he'd do that to. Mernes' backstory was also good to know about.

In this episode, you find out why Leo is the way he is and why he does the things he does, and the story of the world
May 10, 2022 2:48 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Leo's life story and that humanity was once modern and now has returned to the medieval era and that humanity created modified human beings to protect the humanity but only Leo is left and now he is doing what he wants because humanity has thrown him aside
May 10, 2022 3:30 PM
Oct 2020
Well well, so Leon’s the immortal type of character. It’s interesting seeing this perspective of the immortal, since the last one I saw was…the teacher from Gintama, I think? That turned…a different way to say the least, but it seems that immortal types of characters always seem to have a major perspective change wired into their design, especially in regards to humanity. In Leon’s case, while he technically switched sides, he hasn’t really. He didn’t go off the rails and start annihilating humanity, but instead it seems he just went to the side that offered him more, per say.

Because that’s the surprising thing about him from the end of the episode: the guy just wanted some kind of meaningful attention, and he wanted to really express himself. Humanity just viewed him as a weapon and kept him at a distance, but once he joined the other side, he (roundaboutly) improved their operations, but most importantly helped the characters understand their roles better and perform operations better as well. And with this episode, he FINALLY said what he had wanted to say and how he felt.

Sure…there weren’t any tear jerking scene where he just wanted to be loved and find his soul mate (or maybe it kind was in a way, lol) but the show really offered some important character development here. It might seem rather plain, but (in regards/in contrast to the setting of the show)…oddly realistic.

Maybe that’s the direction the shows going: no explosions and world bending conflicts, just optimizing operations, understanding interpersonal relationships, and really…just having people work together in a meaningful way.
May 10, 2022 3:53 PM

May 2015
Interesting episode. I'm glad that he's actually just over a thousand years old and not an isekai character. Makes him more interesting.

I hope the demon queen finds out about this backstory for the hero but probably not.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 10, 2022 3:58 PM
Jan 2021
Ngl, this episode has bumped up this series allot. I am even more curious to what the future has in store for them.
May 10, 2022 4:33 PM
Dec 2021
great episode. I want to see some bl between the 2.
May 10, 2022 4:59 PM

Nov 2009
Wait...

so the previous "our normal" Human world was destroyed by a sudden invasion of Demons?

are those the same demons our current MC is interacting?

either way... doesn't this mean the Demons technically already won once cause the previous world is already gone, even if the Demons were repelled in the end, all previous world knowledge is already lost (only the "Hero" knows)

and the invasion this time was ALSO ended by the Hero, except the current world didn't die as the Demon Queen is a good girl.

___ ___ ___

Too bad the previous world didn't have "Doom Guy", otherwise the world wouldn't have ended. LOL

Interestingly... the "spread" is literally the same as in "Doom" where portals opened up and Demons came out and the Demons were way stronger than Humans and captured majority of the world within days.

AND... the original "Doom Slayer" was also a regular human til he obtained "Demon Tech" that turned him into god mode. Which is exactly what the Humans in this world did with Leo.

Except Leo wasn't as god mode enough like Doom Slayer and previous Human World still died, lol.

I wonder if the author of this series is a fan of "DOOM" series... LOL

___ ___ ___

BTW... so... do we technically count this series as "Post-Apocalyptic" and "Sci-fi"?

Cause it's not an Isekai nor a Reincarnate cause the MC didn't do both, rather he lived through it.

And Sci-fi cause Leo is technically the byproduct of advance science and not "magic".
amlgMay 10, 2022 5:08 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 10, 2022 5:00 PM

Jun 2015
That was a total mic drop moment for me. I thought it was an isekai of some kind!!! Luckily its not a US show otherwise I'd assume he was grooming. Phew. Love it, and pretty wild plot twist this episode!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 10, 2022 5:15 PM
Apr 2022
My expectations for this show were quite low tbh, but this episode was interesting. Maybe I should keep on watching for a while longer.
May 10, 2022 5:24 PM
Mar 2021
That was one heck off a backstory from leo.
May 10, 2022 6:26 PM

Jan 2013
What a great episode man, his backstory was indeed interesting, and both of them just speaking made their talk even deeper.

Judging from Echidna's book, that guy can't be a good deal. But we'll see.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 10, 2022 7:40 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Since the name of Leo kinda giving me such a strange impression, this episode finally revealing all of it. At the end of the day, the twist of Leo backstory still took me out of surprise. Its not isekai, nor generic fantasy with demon-human grudge every once in a while and op af mc as the walking plot driver. Its post-apocalyptic situations where magic become a matters to the whole world. Because of Leo too who thought them all the magic.

Finally yuusha yamemasu had its enlightenment moment, even if i must be honest, its quite lost its big momentum. Not to mention its all started with emo assassin like Mernes which kinda logical why Leo decided to spill the secret.

Since Leo objective now kinda already clear enough and then his backstory. Though i am wondering if Echidna father actually still alive on the demon world? What happened if they meet again but with the different situation and Echidna finally already on a good side with Leo after they both manage to get themself the stone?

As interesting as its sounds, unfortunately there's still a problem ahead. Not even related to the stone. So, lets see how well Leo solved that big warrior problem...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 10, 2022 7:55 PM
Feb 2014
Wow that back story took a turn there. I’m liking this anime more and more now.
May 10, 2022 9:39 PM
Oct 2016
WHOA WHOA WHOA.. I don't remember this series getting permission to have that epic of a plot twist
May 10, 2022 9:59 PM

Nov 2017
so basically this was not isekai in general, the concept was same like Gate, when the MC didn't die and just go through a portal/gate to go to another world.

Personally i think the story would be more interesting if Leo really wanted to exterminate the human race.
May 10, 2022 11:40 PM

Oct 2017
Well well well, we have a lot of surprises this season, this episode made this show so much more interesting. And people who thought it was trash are missing out.
May 11, 2022 5:01 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, who would've thought all that teaching of communication skills to Mernes would lead to this. Great episode!

It was nice to see Leon's backstory. It's now confirmed that this world is indeed a post-apocalyptic one, though I expected something like a philosopher's stone to be the reason for Leon's strength and immortality, but nah, he's literally just built different lmao.

If Leon could say this much to Mernes, it's only a matter of time before he tells Echidna as well that truth. But first, we have one more general left to get to know, looking forward to the next episode.
May 11, 2022 8:23 AM
Mar 2012
Both Leo & Mernes past quite interesting yet unfortunate lives. They've grown the closest bond so far and Mernes earned cute heatpats.
Quite common to have hitech fallen civilization replaced by fantasy magic, but nice Leo not isekai but near immortal. Be fun to hear more about his travels.
May 11, 2022 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
Leon backstory is pretty crazy, is different but sounds more like preposterous
May 11, 2022 10:38 AM

Dec 2012
No hate or anything I'm quite enjoying the series but why is there an action tag on it? lol
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

May 11, 2022 10:55 AM

Mar 2018
Nice episode, I liked getting his backstory and this also has a "justifiable" reason for him being so strong. Though, he mentioned there are 12 Demonharts, and by the principle of Chekhov's gun, I believe some are still alive or may come back.

Edwald next episode it seems.
May 11, 2022 1:28 PM
Jun 2021
really enjoyed this episode
May 11, 2022 3:26 PM
Feb 2021
phantomfandom said:
So this is not isekai but a far future, interesting.

Last time I predict that the philosopher stone is isekai reincarnation tool, but since it's not isekai, it's not correct. So I think it is the technology from the old civilization, maybe it's a weapon belong to Leo, or one of those eleven fallen heroes.

But isn't it nice that Mernes and Leo is sleeping in the same room now, I ship them!

if you dig the far flung fantasy future I recommend the Alderamin on the Sky LN.
May 11, 2022 4:55 PM

May 2010
Who would have thought that...

What a huge surprise!
No isekai this time, guys.
May 11, 2022 10:22 PM

Jul 2015
Quite an interesting episode.. no doubt about that.. Leo backstory can be written by anyone but is executed extremely well here..

A Hero who's 1000+ and is now officialy resigned from his task..

Ya know.. all of a sudden I have extreme respect for our BOI Leo.. his motivation makes sense.. Dude just wants to protect the people he WANTS too.. and not be forced by any duty burdened on him..
May 12, 2022 4:07 AM

Apr 2019
they took some good time to make interesting characters. seeing it from first person perspective is good. i love this show

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
May 12, 2022 4:29 AM

Jul 2021
Wtf, it was genuinely good.
May 12, 2022 4:49 AM

Feb 2021
Finally, we know what is his motivation and his age :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 12, 2022 7:47 AM

Apr 2021
And we got here Leo and Mernes gae moments.

Well, I was wrong about my suspicion before that Leo is a reincarnated hero. It was a good backstory to clear things. Didn't expect that Leo is a biological weapon. He's somewhat like a god in his case, being alive after thousands of years and not aging.

May 12, 2022 9:48 AM

Aug 2017
So we finally get the Hero's backstory. It's much more depressing then I would have imagined honestly

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 12, 2022 1:02 PM

Apr 2015
Polvo_Aranha said:
Wait, do people actually think this episode was boring? It ended so fast to me. I really enjoyed Leon's development in this episode.

Sim, só valeu pelo plot twist rsrs
May 13, 2022 12:47 PM

Apr 2011
A bit dismayed by the plot. We are unable to fight these magic primitive beasts due to????

Reminder of Humanities Arsenal:
.50 BMG
Tanks
Attack Helicopters
Gunships
Anti-Tank/Ant-Air Missiles
Artillery
FAEB
MOAB

FUCKING TACTICAL AND STRATEGICAL THERMONUCLEAR ICBMS.

Seriously a war of that size would piss off most countries to consider Nuclear weapons.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 13, 2022 6:28 PM

Nov 2009
Golden_Darknezz said:
A bit dismayed by the plot. We are unable to fight these magic primitive beasts due to????

Reminder of Humanities Arsenal:
.50 BMG
Tanks
Attack Helicopters
Gunships
Anti-Tank/Ant-Air Missiles
Artillery
FAEB
MOAB

FUCKING TACTICAL AND STRATEGICAL THERMONUCLEAR ICBMS.

Seriously a war of that size would piss off most countries to consider Nuclear weapons.

As I mentioned.

Think about "DOOM" (if you've played or seen it)

DOOM Eternal opening

That's what happened to Leo's old Human World.

It happened so fast and the portals appeared everywhere, you would have to literally nuke the entire world, which would also end all Humans while at it. So Nukes was purely useless at this point.

Similar to DOOM, the Demons possess natural armor, did you not see 90% of bullets bounce off those Goblins? It took 3 guys with like 300+ ammo to kill 1 Goblin... LOL

amlgMay 13, 2022 6:34 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

141 by Richard170 »»
Sep 28, 9:00 PM

» What happened to the time limit? (spoilers)

RavenSynthesis6 - Jun 21, 2022

6 by Suratu »»
Sep 14, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2022

72 by handa_cohomology »»
Sep 1, 11:25 PM

» Am I The Only One Who Would Have Liked The Story Better If This Was The Case?

Rat8526 - Jun 18, 2022

29 by Tylerr »»
Aug 20, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

78 by Komlan_6 »»
Aug 14, 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.