Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 22, 2021 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, a hostage situation at the stadium. I must say, when this anime demands it, it can make an episode feel somewhat tense.

Glad to see the finale feature a variety of cast members and not just Lloyd as usual. I mean, the episode itself still contains its usual humor (lol the panties joke). But yeah, this show wasn't meant to be taken seriously from the start. Funny anime overall.
Mar 22, 2021 6:59 AM

Jul 2017
As expected, the finale fight of good vs. evil is underway, and also, the exhibition match of the strongest between Allan...and Micona?

Indeed, evil gets the first laugh with Eug, Shoma and the rune-made priest Sou on headwinds at the stadium with a hostage situation. But fear not, the Azami Kingdom has been readied on all fronts for the horde of locusts with soldiers and adventurers.

Merthophan...transforming yourself into an agricultural sumo buff is just WACK LOLS. And Micona's fascination with Marie never ceases to tickle my funny bones.

The main character has arrived at the scene...to much a comedy gag between him and Eug, guess common scene and derpiness doesn't help a lot for Lloyd to understand what's going on, but the occurrence of the final boss kind of a regenerating golem sure does. Some pretty intense stuff indeed for the OP-but-weak boonie, and everyone helping out to diffuse the fight....with a panties joke of all things, Selen's usual yandere love-speak of Lloyd that Vritra had to endure for God knows how long (DAYUM she's some Yandere alright), and finally Alka's return.

What a joke though, but this show isn't the kind to be taken seriously from the very beginning. Some good stuff, I love it, and will miss this show for fixing my Monday blues.
KANLen09Mar 22, 2021 7:55 AM
Mar 22, 2021 7:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A mix of tension/action and stupid/weird things, well for sure the final fits the anime xD
Overall it was pretty good and enjoyable but too repetitive unfortunately, it was especially funny at the beginning (from ep 1-4 I would say) but then the jokes were just the same over and over like Llyod being unaware of his strength and too op and all the girls madly in love with him... and that's all, well it wasn't bad but just that it could have been way better in my opinion.
Mar 22, 2021 7:53 AM

Jun 2019
Well, what a fun journey it was. There were lots of hilarious moments in this show.
As for this episode, things got tense with one side tryin' to take over the world and one to protect it. But, again the funny moments were still there.
Not the strongest show this season but it definitely gave me a laugh or two.
Mar 22, 2021 8:00 AM

Oct 2017
Decent finale to end this season. We got to know Souma and Sou's motives. Also good to see things went back to normal for now. The final scene with everyone was sweet

Welp this anime turned out to be a bit dissapointing. I really liked the first few episodes and the comedy of the show but the serious parts were pretty meh. Decent fantasy, comedy anime overall. Proly won't get a new season but I'll definitely watch if it gets one.
Mar 22, 2021 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
Overall, it's a pretty enjoyable and laughable series even there are some repeatable jokes, but they still funny anyway.

As for this episode,
Things got more dramatic until Lloyd arrived, then it came back to our usual Last Dungeon. Selen is an MVP by scolding and praising Lloyd-sama to her belt until it was able to break from the curse by itself. 🤣
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 22, 2021 8:07 AM

Apr 2019
glad that this anime is finally over. overall really fucking shit, 1/10

Ashhk said:
A mix of tension/action and stupid/weird things, well for sure the final fits the anime xD
Overall it was pretty good and enjoyable but too repetitive unfortunately, it was especially funny at the beginning (from ep 1-4 I would say) but then the jokes were just the same over and over like Llyod being unaware of his strength and too op and all the girls madly in love with him... and that's all, well it wasn't bad but just that it could have been way better in my opinion.
i agree, got so cringe around episode 4.

Mar 22, 2021 8:09 AM

Apr 2020
The ending was kinda OK for an anime that has been frustratingly mid throughout its run. So the whole reason why this is all happening is for one "the former hero wants to become a villain", two "destroy the world by unlocking the monsters sealed in the Last Dungeon", and three "make Lloyd a hero".

Now those are some excuses and I don't know if I get by them, but overall in this episode it is what you expected. A final battle scene where the protagonists won on steep circumstances. I laughed at how the villagers transported Lloyd into the city by a powerful cannon, that made me laugh. But unfortunately, that was it. The rest is pretty much predictable, trying to be comedic, and hey the villains will come back so they retreated. Second season? I (don't) think so.

For the first 2-3 episodes, this show was actually fun to watch. But then the "villains" showed up and what happens afterwards is pretty much a repetition of jokes, obvious cliches & tropes. Again the villains were unconvincing and eye-rolling as F, and Lloyd being treated with his harem in absolute levels.

I'm kinda sad since this show WAS really fresh, and I know this show is comedy-focused. But somehow they did not stop the over-repeated cliches. And the conflict of the show was just too weak for my liking. Also the characters are either unforgettable, lacking, or just plainly suck.

So yeah it has been a ride, I can say that. This is one of the first seasonal anime alongside Urasekai Picnic to air in the amazing Winter 2021, and I liked both animes at the start. But at the end right now, I liked Urasekai a bit more. So my final score for this anime will be a toss-up between a 5 or a 6.

A.k.a. it was painfully mediocre, and definitely blew its chances so many times. I enjoyed it just a little though, so that's something. Sayonara Tatoeba, or Lasdan, or Suppose a Kid from Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town.
Mar 22, 2021 8:14 AM

Feb 2019
yvsei said:

Ashhk said:

You should stick to JJK and SnK this clearly not your type of show idk why you subjected yourself to something you know you don’t like.
Mar 22, 2021 8:17 AM

Feb 2019
What a great finale. This episode pretty much encapsulated everything about Tatoeba, the comedy, over dramatic antics and Lloyd’s harem wanting to be useful. There was a little bit of tension there before Merthophan arrived and changed into a fucking loincloth lmaoo. God I will miss this show a lot. I can’t believe we’re about to start spring season here in a few weeks. It’s been a really fun and relaxing way to start the week for 3 months now.
Mar 22, 2021 8:19 AM

Jul 2020
Ngl but what in tarnation was that ending? Fight scene was relatively good but then we returned to lloyd being naïve and everyone disappears? Tbh it did follow the theme of the show as if you take it seriously, you only get a headache but otherwise its a bit of slapstick fun!
LeviathanHWDMar 22, 2021 8:24 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 22, 2021 8:21 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty fun series thru and thru. It reminded me of good ol' Slayers, minus the lenghty repertoire of spells Lina and the gang had under their sleeve (heck even Shoma does have that malicious smirk Xellos had)

Wished Seren was more than just the obsessive yandere, she was easily my favorite gal in Loyd's harem with a quite interesting background story and follow up on her disfunctional relationship with her father. All I'm saying is that she could had been even more endearing than what she already is if most of the time she wouldn't end up as the butt of a joke.

I certainly wouldn't mind having an extra ova just to get a little bit more of such goofy and loveable cast.

For me, this was a better assembled action comedy with a broken OP protagonist, than what OPM 2 had to offer.
Mar 22, 2021 8:23 AM
Sep 2015
I love a peaceful story like this, while it may get repetitive sometimes, at least no one died.

The ruin hero in his young age is very hot! Turns out both him and Shouma are just crazy about Lloyd.

This anime might change its name to "Everybody loves Lloyd"
Mar 22, 2021 8:25 AM
May 2020
honestly the first 3 episodes of this show were honestly funny and very enjoyable, however I just felt like the show just got progressively worse.

it just got so repetitive and mediocre, lloyd had next to no development. I understand at the start that he felt weak due to being in kunlun but he has no reason to feel like he is weak past episode 4, to the point where I was just skipping through the majority of the episode.

really liked the female cast tho, but yh this show is probably the definition of 'mid'
Mar 22, 2021 8:27 AM
May 2020
Criticiza said:
Ngl but what in tarnation was that ending? Fight scene was relatively good but then we returned to lloyd being naïve and everyone disappears? Tbh it did follow the theme of the show as if you take it seriously, you only get a headache but otherwise its a bit of slapstick fun!

sandy cheeks is that you
Mar 22, 2021 8:29 AM

Jan 2008
This series was a lot of fun. I'm hoping we get a second season, but I can see this just being a one-off.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 22, 2021 8:31 AM

Sep 2019
Everything was peacefully resolved, the end. Selen best girl, I want to see more of her.
yvsei said:

Ashhk said:
Did you even watch all the episodes fully lol?
Mar 22, 2021 8:31 AM

Jun 2015
I need more Lloyd in my life!!

juniorrrbello said:
honestly the first 3 episodes of this show were honestly funny and very enjoyable, however I just felt like the show just got progressively worse.

it just got so repetitive and mediocre, lloyd had next to no development. I understand at the start that he felt weak due to being in kunlun but he has no reason to feel like he is weak past episode 4, to the point where I was just skipping through the majority of the episode.

really liked the female cast tho, but yh this show is probably the definition of 'mid'

I wish people like you would just stop watching things so when it comes down to the end of the show your not just shitting on everyone's else's experience with your negative take. If got disillusioned at eps 4 why did you watch for months more just to come post some diatribe when any intelligent human would be like, I don't like this, I'll go watch something else.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 22, 2021 8:37 AM

Jul 2020
juniorrrbello said:
Criticiza said:

sandy cheeks is that you

Ehhhh, okay? I have no idea what you're referring to but each to their own I suppose
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 22, 2021 8:42 AM

Jun 2015
yvsei said:

Ashhk said:

Your another one. Why do you continue to watch something for months on end just to shit on it in the end episode comments. I can only assume you are retarded in some manner that you self torture yourself watching something which you find so offensive to rate it as 1. Why would you possibly to choose to keep watching something you hate so much unless you are a liar and a charlatan or have a mental retardation which makes you punish yourself. If its the latter I can understand, I fit in that category myself. But its not about me, its about your sheer ignorance which astounds me.
Mar 22, 2021 8:43 AM
Mar 2021
I know this has received mixed to positive opinions but I'm honestly a fan. I have loved how this series has never taken itself too seriously and I think the story has been well-developed enough to enjoy.

This finale pretty much lived up to what it was building up to. We still had moments of humor, including Lloyd's misunderstandings. We are also treated to pretty "intense (thank you Shouma)" action. As someone who had no knowledge of what would happen in the light novels I'm glad we got to see Lloyd have a rumble with the golem. This episode distinguished itself too because the other characters were able to help out as well.

Interestingly enough we got to see the difference between Eug and Sou/Shouma. Eug truly does seem to be like the big bad so far while Sou/Shouma are setting Lloyd up to be the world's hero (although I think their plan to kill Alka would not sit well with our main character). It certainly leaves enough open where we could have a second season especially because they have a lot more content to cover from the light novels.

I'm hoping for a second season. I've found this to be a funny, light, and overall very enjoyable series. Does it go to the dramatic depths of other anime? Nope! Does it feature constant incredible animated action sequences? Nope! This show never set out to be either of those things and for what it was it came across very well.
Mar 22, 2021 8:44 AM
May 2020
Roch2001 said:

juniorrrbello said:

I wish people like you would just stop watching things so when it comes down to the end of the show your not just shitting on everyone's else's experience with your negative take. If got disillusioned at eps 4 why did you watch for months more just to come post some diatribe when any intelligent human would be like, I don't like this, I'll go watch something else.

The reason why I kept watching was because some episodes (mostly the ones without any major fighting) were enjoyable to watch and as I said, I really liked the female cast.

I'm not saying that no one should watch the show I just gave my opinion as I was disappointed, as the first few episodes made me think this was going to be an 8/10 show but then (in MY opinion) it got repetitive. The only episode I skipped through was this one because it made no sense, Lloyd can literally see people fighting stuff and is just clueless to everything that's going on.

I get that you would be mad if I started telling people to not watch the show or hating on the staff or something, but I literally gave my opinion on a public discussion and you're triggered? ok sjw lol
Mar 22, 2021 8:48 AM
Apr 2020
According to the LN's official English translator on Reddit, the anime covered the 1st 5 LNs (available in English), and " a lot of great stuff...got cut for time", which amounted to "hefty chunks of plot and characterization...and a lot of great jokes."

https://yenpress.com/9781975313319/suppose-a-kid-from-the-last-dungeon-boonies-moved-to-a-starter-town-vol-5-light-novel/

The Japanese side released Vol 12 roughly a week ago as of this post, so there should be enough content for a theoretical S2.
https://ga.sbcr.jp/product/9784815609603/

Mar 22, 2021 8:51 AM

Jun 2015
Oh sweet baby Jesus! Not only did you rate this show, but you, and I quote "The only episode I skipped through was this one because it made no sense". You didn't even watch the ending episode. People like you should be banned from having opinions. Heck, the world would be a better place if you were just lifted off the street and locked in a cage underground somewhere never to interact with other people again because your opinion is so toxic you make decisions without even understanding what it is your talking about.

juniorrrbello said:
Roch2001 said:

The reason why I kept watching was because some episodes (mostly the ones without any major fighting) were enjoyable to watch and as I said, I really liked the female cast.

I'm not saying that no one should watch the show I just gave my opinion as I was disappointed, as the first few episodes made me think this was going to be an 8/10 show but then (in MY opinion) it got repetitive. The only episode I skipped through was this one because it made no sense, Lloyd can literally see people fighting stuff and is just clueless to everything that's going on.

I get that you would be mad if I started telling people to not watch the show or hating on the staff or something, but I literally gave my opinion on a public discussion and you're triggered? ok sjw lol
Mar 22, 2021 8:53 AM

May 2013
I thought Loyd would fight Shouma still good nonetheless I'm curious on who would win in a fight between Alca and Shouma with Sou.
Mar 22, 2021 8:59 AM

Mar 2020
When everything goes wrong, of course they are able to turn the situation around. Final episode contained action, comedy, the weird and a bit of drama. Everything I'd expect from this show.

Don't know why the music reminded me of Star Wars.

Nice ending to this show. Overall a good performance in terms of comedy!
Mar 22, 2021 9:03 AM

Sep 2020
I really liked this series even though it took almost nothing seriously. It was funny, had a bit of action and it was overall fun to watch. Probably one of my favorite things about this episode was how Shoma and Sou sounded like a big brother and a dad praising Lloyd at the end when they were about to leave. Hopefully they will make a season 2
Mar 22, 2021 9:05 AM

Apr 2019
Roch2001 said:
yvsei said:

Your another one. Why do you continue to watch something for months on end just to shit on it in the end episode comments. I can only assume you are retarded in some manner that you self torture yourself watching something which you find so offensive to rate it as 1. Why would you possibly to choose to keep watching something you hate so much unless you are a liar and a charlatan or have a mental retardation which makes you punish yourself. If its the latter I can understand, I fit in that category myself. But its not about me, its about your sheer ignorance which astounds me.

@Roch2001 i try not to drop anime, that is all. i see you raging at everybody who dislikes this show, if a negative opinion on this anime gets you this enraged, i suggest you go visit a local counsellor or watch this video:

Mar 22, 2021 9:17 AM
Aug 2018
There may be a season two
Mar 22, 2021 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
pretty decent final episode, guess there never really was any threat or anything... in the end this show was quite okay, wasn't really a fan of the comedy and wish it was a bit more interesting but it was still alright i guess, overall a 2/10.
Mar 22, 2021 9:43 AM
Aug 2018
zz2000 said:
According to the LN's official English translator on Reddit, the anime covered the 1st 5 LNs (available in English), and " a lot of great stuff...got cut for time", which amounted to "hefty chunks of plot and characterization...and a lot of great jokes."

https://yenpress.com/9781975313319/suppose-a-kid-from-the-last-dungeon-boonies-moved-to-a-starter-town-vol-5-light-novel/

The Japanese side released Vol 12 roughly a week ago as of this post, so there should be enough content for a theoretical S2.
https://ga.sbcr.jp/product/9784815609603/

i hope so,but season two may come three year later minimum duration
Mar 22, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2011
Was a cool episode with lots of action.
Meltfan was the basic FFXIV character barely the minimum of clothes against a god-tier, with 2 God-tier equip set.
The weapons bring the question a god-tier equip cant do much against a Kunlun villager?
So I wasn't wrong about Lloyd be the Hero, that's why he could take the sword.
But I could see the "party" is smarter than many characters of other series, like they werent just watching the fight but doing decisions and actions to take care of the problems without Lloyd.
And the horny saved the day with panties.

Now, if end up having a 2nd season, will technically be more serious like the last few episodes?

All in all, was a middle of the pack anime, but quite enjoyable .
Mar 22, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2014
As a comedy anime it was pretty good. Sadly it got dragged down for me by seemingly serious buildups. I'm happy all the villains turned out pretty chill and funny guys, and that there was no real drama, but it still was not fun to watch some episodes (like ep. 11) with all that fake tension building.
Mar 22, 2021 9:59 AM

Apr 2020
Overall a nice anime, I'll miss Selen saying Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Mar 22, 2021 10:08 AM
Mar 2019
I just absolutely love the fact that all the bad that happens is because everyone dotes on Lloyd so much.
Mar 22, 2021 10:11 AM
Aug 2018
AcD4c said:
Overall a nice anime, I'll miss Selen saying Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama Lloyd-sama
there maybe a season two
Mar 22, 2021 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
The show started pretty strong but it lost some steam and got flat on a lot of episodes but still an enjoyable show.
Mar 22, 2021 10:34 AM
Apr 2016
Finally done with this shitty ass anime... I always forgot the plot because of all the BS happening on the screen.

If you really enjoy this anime its either you're 15 below or your brain is not working correctly

Also Comedy is Subjective? No, Comedy needs a good execution to be good but this is just so bad... I also get that Japan has a different sense of humor but I did not see it in this anime 3/10

+1 kayano ai
+1 catchy ED
+1 character illustrations is good

Mar 22, 2021 10:36 AM

Aug 2013
Lloyd coming like a cannonball to save the day.

Well, what can I say. This was a fun show to kill some time and I'll miss some of the characters like Selen. The thing I wanted most to happen in the final episode is Lloyd being confident of his abilities.

Mar 22, 2021 10:42 AM

Sep 2019
It was a good and wholesome final episode. The post-credits card was cute.

It was a fine show in my opinion. Some episodes were fun, some of them were boring. I liked the animation and art style. It was a fun anime.
Mar 22, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
Of course Riho's much-loved panties would end up saving the world lmao.

Man, what a fun ride! I didn't know what to expect from this show and it ended up being one of the best ways to start the week, just pure fun. If I have to choose a best girl, it would be Phyllo. She won me over immediately with her character design and Miku Itou's voice, but I have to say that Riho grew on me more and more with each episode. They were all great girls though.

Those final montages with footage of the whole show plus one of the theme songs as background always get me... and that final illustration thanking you... I'm going to miss this show so much! :'(
Mar 22, 2021 11:11 AM

Feb 2020
Cool action this episode, but that's all that I could recall. Lloyd coming in to save the day, as always.

Eh, a lot of things this series I found unmemorable, but it did have its moments. Guess it was fun to stick around enjoying Lloyd's sheer naivety and the others.

5/10 I suppose.
Mar 22, 2021 11:27 AM

Nov 2011
The anime was fun, had some interesting characters, and quite frankly was "Good" nothing mind blowing though but I found myself watching it every Monday.

I wouldn't mind this getting a season 2 but there are others that deserve it before.

7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 22, 2021 12:22 PM

Aug 2020
An eventful episode, and an enjoyable one at that. They never miss a chance to put some comedy in there, do they?
Mar 22, 2021 12:27 PM

Apr 2020
Selen and Micona have got it bad when it comes to Lloyd and Marie lmao

Did our best boy Allan get another title???
Mar 22, 2021 12:38 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Decent finale to what has been a fun ride overall. If a Season 2 is really on its way, I'll happily oblige.

Grand scheme from the "villains" finally comes out to light. Mixed feelings over the emptiness of it but well, at least it adds to the comedy aspect of the show I guess. Selen-san forcing the curse out was hilarious too, no barriers got anything against her rambles.

Marie's follower breaking out for the panties was quite something too...

Final shot and the montage during the ED were nice additions. Definitely enjoyed the first half of the show more but I still fairly like it so it's a 7/10 from me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 22, 2021 12:40 PM

Jan 2012
Sadly the show lost it's charm around episode 4. Comedy was fun but serious stuff was mostly boring and then even jokes got repetitive.

Last arc was fine though. 5.5/10
Mar 22, 2021 12:56 PM

Feb 2017
That last part with the former hero/new villain getting all cutesy granpa over Lolyd...
Is the only one immune to Lloyd naive good boy shtick Eug?

Kind of a boring ending but there were enough jokes throughout the show to not tank my rating of it, though IMO without Selen I might have dropped this weeks ago, so take the 7/10 Selen, don't let the boring girls steal your man!
Mar 22, 2021 1:45 PM
Mar 2015
All just a plan to turn Lloyd into a hero. Is that really a good thing? Girls fights over Lloyd now out in the open and endanger the world
Mar 22, 2021 2:31 PM
Nov 2010
Quite the poor finale for this series that has already gone down the drain so much, but I didn't expect much better. It got boring after about 4 episodes where it probably should've ended as there was clearly no more capacity within the author. That way, at least the comedy wouldn't have gotten so stale.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2021

77 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 17, 10:29 PM

» Better w/o MC

Hiroko_Takashiro - Aug 18, 2023

8 by Pieromysl »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Jan 18, 2021

71 by Mcspegotie »»
Mar 9, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

52 by Sayan_Pal »»
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

40 by Sekie »»
Oct 3, 2023 1:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.