Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
REALLY GOING VERY DESPERATE, ARE WE?

Youta's secret plan of time has run out by Shiba's survelliance. But even till the very end, he did not give up on her (pardon the same tunnel-visioned self which STILL annoys the hell outta me), and the brain-chip-less Hina managed to regain her "consciousness" for him. "What a wonderful reunion", is all I'd want to say, but TBH, it was a sigh of a happy relief, not tears.

Of course, bringing Hina's kid-self out into the outside world, it's just like an amalgamation of recuperation all over again. Certainly nice for the entire cast to come back and dress her up to her god-self again to finish up their film, but to immediately re-insert her in their daily lives is another exercise in frustration. (I'd shriek if my recovery was like that. Dear Maeda-san, were you treated this way too?)

The film that they made...YEAH, that kinda encapsulates our frustrations of this show from start to finish. *Come I give you a clap for effort*

A nice ending to finish them all, and I can finally say: "What a wild ride of expectations gone wild...BUT HOLY GOD, a plentiful of forced bad coherences all the way through."

Well, it's really Jun Maeda's recovering status for the finale episode...BUT...
"The saddest anime ever made?" More like another botched job, Charlotte ver 2.0.
Please Jun Maeda, we're begging you, take care of your health and stop writing for once.

If you're looking for the "I'm not crying, you're crying" feels, then...yes...? Otherwise, I cannot really recommend this, even by Jun Maeda's stellar standards.
KANLen09Dec 26, 2020 9:10 PM
Dec 26, 2020 7:29 AM

Apr 2020
It seemed like Hina had started to remember Youta and the others, and the hug was very warm.

Welcome back Hina! glad to see Hina reunited with the others!

Her smile is really cute!

Feb 2018
Everyday was fun
Everyday was shining
It became a memory like a treasure chest filled with many jewels.

I thought Youta would place the quantum chip in Hina but is it the last Logos syndrome, I don't understand really. Youta's identity has been revealed, After the girl know Youta's identity, that girl had forbidden Youta to meet Hina but that girl gave Youta one last Time to meet Hina. Hina had time to remember Sora and friends but that seemed impossible. Tbh, I didn't cry during the scene of Hina walking to Youta and Hina hug Youa and also those confession too.

Hina met her friends, I thought that Hina's meet Youta had been predicted. I mean the flag of playing basketball, ramen, mahjong (Although this is not included, xD), and festival. Those flag has been ever done by Hina and they try to awaken Hina's memory from all of those flag. It's good to see Hina wearing that weird outfit.

Youta is really serious about healing Logos Syndrome, Youta goes to university just to cure his lovely Hina. For the first time the film they made when Summer was finally over, its not bad either. It was a strange film because that boy would prefer a girl over the world .... damn.

It's over, do you cry after watching this? I enjoyed the music and the wheelchair scene. this is good anime 10/10

Mar 2019
Youta has been exposed, they beat him up.
That scene in the snow was refreshing, Hina is slowly doing what she did a few weeks ago
this feels so weird.
Yuta would make a good doctor. (screaming at traumatized girls is a good treatment it seems...)
The whole anime reminded me a lot of personnal experiences that I lived with my own daughter, she was ill too. Except it was funnier and more moving in this anime, hospital is really boring in real life you cant do anything but you have to wait and lose a precious time at work. All my colleagues at my workplace were making fun of me because I had to go visit her, I wish I'll never go through this again. I wouldnt have been able to deal with both work and having to take care of an ill girl like Youta does anyway.
Dec 26, 2020 8:05 AM

Feb 2018
no, it's you... Don't lie
Dec 26, 2020 8:30 AM
Jul 2020
hmm yes the ending which i had in mind, not a sad one , typical charlotte stuff.

Welp , this might be my last anime for the decade, see you all in 2021
Dec 26, 2020 8:34 AM

Feb 2018
CriminalGenius said:
hmm yes the ending which i had in mind, not a sad one , typical charlotte stuff.
Wew, I thought I was the only one who thought that ... We were same my man
Dec 26, 2020 8:37 AM
Jul 2020
Syureria said:
CriminalGenius said:
Wew, I thought I was the only one who thought that ... We were same my man

haha yeah man, i was expecting MAXIMUM DEPRESSION from this series but nah, it did not happen
Dec 26, 2020 8:46 AM

Jul 2014
Charlotte 2.0? Nah man, this was way worst, I literally felt nothing watching the series “saddest anime ever made” my ass Maeda, you’re drunk.
Dec 26, 2020 8:51 AM

Apr 2020
-Stray said:
“saddest anime ever made” my ass Maeda, you’re drunk.

agree with this one, lol
Dec 26, 2020 8:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They really did a happy ending... they promised a very sad anime it was... not sad at all, or probably sad if you're 13 yeah, at least it was entertaining and liked the colors so 5/10
Dec 26, 2020 8:55 AM

Oct 2017
A sweet finale, Yota got Hina back. That was a touching moment. They finished filming the film and surprisingly the film turned out really well. The post credit scene of the film made me tear up a bit. It says the main purpose of everything Hina did, it was to make fun memories. Even if everything ended she wanted to have those memories.

Yota decided to stay by Hina's side forever even if no miracle happens and Hina stays this way he will always be there for her. So in the end Hina didn't go back to the way she was but she will have Yota by her side, I'm happy for her but at the same time quite sad too. Hope someday Yota can cure her.

For a Jun Maeda anime this was underwhelming but hey by no means this was bad. I really liked Hina, she was a fun girl. So it was sad to see her like that. But well wasn't that attached to feel too bad, with more episodes and more build ups this could have been a much better anime.
MegamiRemDec 30, 2020 2:08 AM
Dec 26, 2020 8:56 AM
Nov 2020
MY God, a man has to be on crack to cry on this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2020 8:57 AM
Jan 2017
wait that's it?? idk man i just felt like it lacked something... 3/10
Dec 26, 2020 9:00 AM
Jan 2019
I was trying REAL HARD to force myself to cry. But nah, only get like 1 microliter of tear from my eyes
Dec 26, 2020 9:01 AM

Feb 2019
I’m honestly struggling to find the words to express how I feel rn. Vision blurry from tears. Mind cloudy. Pain.

Maeda definitely got some pent up issues to be able to make something like this. The last 3 eps were just pain personified. But, the ending I think was really well done. Hina walking to Yota at the treatment facility and their embrace.. just beautiful.

Then finishing up the film which was established as a big plot point was really nice. I held on to the very end, then when that insert song came on with the message from Hina.. I just broke down. I see a lot of people disappointed with the end, and I’m sorry to hear that. I loved this show despite the pain it put me through. We def got trolled with the “saddest anime ever” shit, but the happy ending was deserved.

Free 10. [Review](https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=369997)
Dec 26, 2020 9:04 AM

Feb 2018
Gusbell said:
I was trying REAL HARD to force myself to cry. But nah, only get like 1 microliter of tear from my eyes
do i need to cut the onions to get your tears out?

This is more of a happy end than sad, but it also can't be called happy ... This is make me confused
Dec 26, 2020 9:06 AM
Apr 2017
I love the ending. Great anime overall. Few bad spots like Youta's cringe in the near end but that's alright. Everything else was great. WOOOOOO!!!
Dec 26, 2020 9:07 AM

Dec 2015
Disappointing, that's all. Guess that's just a recurring theme in 2020...
XXXXXXXXXIIIDec 26, 2020 9:10 AM
Dec 26, 2020 9:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yeah that... really wasn't very good was it

After doing everything wrong he possibly could last week with how he behaved with Hina, the anime of course has the gall to eventually make it out as if he was somehow doing the right thing or as if he had any idea what he was actually doing, even though it's so blatantly obvious to us as outside viewers that that's definitely not the case. It just annoys me so much that they're taking this route when the MC has done the direct opposite of making us sympathize with him

At one point this could've been a 7/10 anime but by the end I'd feel generous even giving it a 4 tbh
Dec 26, 2020 9:10 AM

Nov 2018
I cried when Hina didn't let Youta go but this isnt the saddest anime ever and definitely worse than his previous works :/
Still enjoyed Izanami's mom episode and when sh!t got serious in 8-9th episodes but thats about it. I honestly felt more emotions from Yanagi Nagi's songs because they remind me of other anime titles I cried to xd
Im kinda bothered about Hina/Youta love tho, it was supposed to be we-are-family love but he said koi-ni-natta or something like that (also that screen from opening with city lights had Hina in wheelchair as well?)
Also final part with making-of footage is the very beginning of episode one♥
HinakazariDec 26, 2020 9:22 AM
Dec 26, 2020 9:11 AM

Jul 2017
Very happy to see she remembered him and her feeling.
Hina is back in this outfit, she always look the best on it, glad to see her smile once again in it.

The whole scene about how Youta realized Hina's true goal of her acts all this time, and her speech on that recording... they got me hard right there. Hina's memories will always also be my eternal treasure.

9/10, mostly due to Hina alone.

Dec 26, 2020 9:12 AM

Mar 2015
Really happy with how it ended, that said, while this anime did not suffer with serious pacing problems it did suffer with the lack of charisma of its characters.

Hina carried the show from the very beginning to the end, she is such a good character that the gap between the other ones are so big that you can't care that much about them. At the final scene, with her and the director chair, i came to realization that this anime would be a whole different beast with an actual matching opposing character to her, which Yota is not.

All criticism aside, this was quite a fun watch(and heartbreaking too), that fell short not because of the pacing problems of its brothers but the lack of charisma that they have.
Dec 26, 2020 9:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As suspected Youta was found out. That reunion between Youta and Hina in the snow though really was quite impressive. The feels from that scene really put a tear to my eye. Its good that Shiba also understood that as well. Though far from being how she was in the past Hina at least can recover in the company of her friends. The sight of the town's night view as seen from the mountain really was dazzling and beautiful. The screening of Karma sure was fun. For her first work Sora really did well. Hina's answer at the end though really was heartfelt. Truly memories are something whose value is infinitely more precious than anything. While their future may be hard for Youta and Hina neither him nor their friends will give up in their quest to help their dear friend Hina. An excellent ep that combined excellent emotional feels with plot advancement to end the series on a high note.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2020 9:14 AM
Aug 2020
Hina carried this Anime itself, but still it still failed pretty bad In my opnion. I was willing to give it a 6, but I felt absolutely nothing, average score, 5/10
Dec 26, 2020 9:16 AM

Nov 2016
"This wasn't the saddest anime ever" No shit

For what's it's worth, this was a bittersweet finale, heartwarming for how nicely it came together despite pacing issues along the way and sad for uncertain future still lying ahead.

Despite some heavy flaws I liked it well enough overall

7/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 26, 2020 9:16 AM

Feb 2020
Charlotte 2.0, but worse than Charlotte.
At least I really like the comedy of the anime, the whole thing is just fine.
I give this 6.5/10.
Dec 26, 2020 9:17 AM

Oct 2019
I want season 2,like the after story and Gina's recovery in it.
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU

Sep 2019
The visuals and the soundtracks were absolutely beautiful. I don't have any good thing to say about Kamisama ni Natta Hi other than those. The story was trash bu that wouldn't be enough for me to hate an anime. The main reason that I hate this show is Jun Maeda's over the top words about it. "The saddest anime ever" my ass.

3/10

May 2020
Wow. Was so hyped when this was announced.

3/10.
Dec 26, 2020 9:20 AM

Mar 2018
I mean I guess it was sad, but definitely not the saddest that Jun Maeda has produced.

This show was looking to be good at the start, but I feel like the last 3 episodes really fumbled the bag. It felt so pointless and rather than it all making sense with this episode, it just glossed over it to get back to the reunion of Hina and co. Like how she got irritated by loud noises not too long ago before going to meet her friends, but now it doesn’t bother her? I feel like they were shouting at her so much, or does it not make a difference if she trusts them? There are so many other questions but none will be answered.

High expectations, ok payout. I just watch anime for the enjoyment so, despite the hate on the last few episodes, the beginning was enjoyable. 8/10
Dec 26, 2020 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
Honestly how I felt watching this final episode:

2/10

People giving this 5-6/10 are being way too generous. People scoring this 7+, there is no medicine to help you.
Dec 26, 2020 9:22 AM

Nov 2019
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

I think i still prefer Charlotte compare to this one. The ending is predictable and not memorable for me. I watching this anime, hoping i can get a good cry moment in the end. But it seems i am wrong.

Maeda, did you lost your magic touch? How can this anime be the saddest anime ever? Lol.
Dec 26, 2020 9:23 AM
Apr 2017
This was a painful ending. Such a clouded story with too many questions unanswered. I guess Maeda didn't know how to make the saddest anime ever, or rather, he made the saddest anime in the sense that I was sad about the huge disappointment of this series.
Dec 26, 2020 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
One of the worst anime in the past few years. I knew Jun Maeda's writing was a fraud with every single show/VN he's been a part off but this is the lowest of lows.

0/10 overall.
Dec 26, 2020 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
Well, at least we got a sort of happy (bittersweet?) ending. Finishing up the movie was nice and the final message by Hina was great too.

The embrace was nice but I have to agree with @HaXXspetten assessment on the fact that this outcome is not warranted by the Yota's actions from the previous few episodes.

Overall, I think this anime started out pretty nice. It had good chemistry among the cast, tons of fun, comedic moments, absurd even but almost all the over the top comedy worked really well and was presentation nicely. I think the anime went downhill for me once the plot caught up with the light hearted theme we had going on, these last few episodes were overly melodramatic, almost like they were trying to drive home the fact that it's gonna be really sad. This gets worsened by the fact that it was also difficult to watch Yota act the way he did towards Hina. Still, I wouldn't particularly call it a bad show, it did have a strong first half after all.

7/10
Dec 26, 2020 9:26 AM
Aug 2018
Unintentionally hilarious finale xD
Dec 26, 2020 9:26 AM

Apr 2014
It was a wonderful story, a story about a girl that was able to spend one month of her life like a normal girl. I'm glad that Hina was able to get back to her family and friends. There will be lots of hardships awaiting for them in the future, but no matter what awaits, they will be together.

The only thing that I didn't liked is that every single scum of a person who decided to pull that supercomputer out of Hina's brain, didn't received any punishment.
Dec 26, 2020 9:27 AM
Nov 2009
Better than Charlotte ,worse than Angel Beats 4/10

I hope Jun Maeda won't bother doing anime again ,unless he can get 24 episodes
XhideDec 26, 2020 9:31 AM
Dec 26, 2020 9:28 AM

Jun 2012
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Honestly how I felt watching this final episode:

2/10

People giving this 5-6/10 are being way too generous. People scoring this 7+, there is no medicine to help you.

This is some kwality bait.
Dec 26, 2020 9:29 AM

May 2020
Decent series Maeda pulled yui wheelchair scene at the end tho.
Didnt expect this to have a happy end but yep.
Definitely not the saddest anime ever tho.
Angel beats has this beat
Dec 26, 2020 9:34 AM
May 2016
Bah I feel so cheated, never would have watched this if I knew it would end like this. So Yota gives up everything to take care of an invalid Hina...ok good for him I guess. I wouldn't have, seemed like the nurse where she was was already giving her excellent care and the decision to bring her home seemed more like something adults should do...like his parents. This show made it too much like a romance like he plans on marrying her or something. Makes him seems like someone with codependancy disorder where he needs someone to need him, like those husbands on my 600 lb life who are only attracted to their wives because they are bedridden and totally dependent on them. If Hina still had the chip wouldn't he still be going after Izanami? Weird.
Dec 26, 2020 9:34 AM

Jan 2017
Kamisama has the same problem I had for Charlotte, they never expanded on the more antagonistic characters, like cmon wtf is going on with the CEO woman.

Saddest anime ever made Maeda? Angel Beats and Charlotte had their moments but Kamisama had NONE, only saving grace is their great OST
Dec 26, 2020 9:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, I'm just going to be frank here. Animation Quality and the Sound Department were instant 10s. Characters section was more of a mixed bag, 12 episodes just weren't enough at the end of the day. Story-wise however, it's down to the negative scale.

Honestly, I tried really hard to love this series more and that might've just been my undoing. Not saying this is disastrous though, mind you. A disappointment though, for sure.

Got a little teary-eyed this episode but the bold statement of this being the "saddest anime ever" was far off, if I'm to be frank. It tackled a very sensitive and intriguing topic but I can't say it was quite handled with faultlessness. More than anything, the drastic change between the two halves kind of stood out and I'm not saying it in the best of ways.

By the way, Hina able to walk and respond a little now. Well, even going as far as to throwing a ball into a basket actually. I'm just confused as to why this is possible. Prior to the chip, she couldn't do anything and that includes walking and the sort, according to her biological father. Could it be some of the memories of the nerves and sensations and whatnot remained from the eventful month?

Got to say, some of the touching moments this episode were right on point though. Didn't feel all into it as I would've liked perhaps but I was still fairly invested. Hina's monologue in the end stood out most but other moments such as Yota's return to the family and Hina's decision were wonderful.

And now, let's talk about the Sound Department in some more detail. Good lord, the OST. Heck, it's going to go down as one of my favourites!! Nagi Yanagi-san to bless us with the insert songs and the Op/ED was a fab treat too. Can't wait for the soundtracks in full to come out, as such! VAs performance was stellar as well, so I can confidently say that my ears at least were more than satisfied xD.

Going to have to settle with a solid 6/10 here. Thought of a 7/10 but the lack of proper structure and flaws, a "fine" sums up my experience more which is honestly depressing. Angel Beats for me was at its peak in the mid-journey but then faltered towards the end, Charlotte likewise in its own right and this just all over the place really. Next project in 2025 nevertheless, yeah? I've actually enjoyed all these three even then and I'm so down for more!
_MushiRock11_Dec 26, 2020 9:46 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 26, 2020 9:37 AM

Aug 2018
Average show throughout. No mention of Hina's disease?

5/10.
Dec 26, 2020 9:37 AM

Sep 2014
That feeling of getting the best things out of the saddest and tragic event. It's a mixture of sadness, happiness, weakness and melancholy. Nostalgia is only going to hurt starting from here.

I don't know man, this story completely resonated with me. I've never felt so much diverse emotions in a single span of 12 episodes. Gotta need some times until I can put my thoughts into this and reflect on the anime and how I should rate it.
Dec 26, 2020 9:40 AM

Oct 2011
Who didn't saw the writing on the wall on the first 3 episodes? It already gave me the impression that it will flop real hard and flop it did.

1/10
Dec 26, 2020 9:41 AM
Jan 2018
Complete garbage. I know Maeda is a hack because every show he’s worked on has been irredeemably terrible but this was one of his lowest lows ever. The only sad part about this was the sadness I felt for the animators and voice actors that had to produce this.
Dec 26, 2020 9:43 AM
Dec 2018
Yes very forgettable story. It had its sad moments, but it was a bit underwhelming end. I felt sadder when a random demon died in Demon Slayer. I felt sadder about the fact that Yuki has lost his memories in Princess Connect ReDive. The ED of No Game No Life is sadder than this whole show. Disappointed a little, but I found it enjoyable in the first half, so 7/10, just because it didn't deliver what it promised.
salarxDec 26, 2020 9:46 AM
Dec 26, 2020 9:44 AM

Jan 2019
Ignoring the part of the "saddest anime of all time", it was fun, and really made me sad and anguished, the ending managed to make me satisfied and was very cute, different from Charlotte that just made me extremely disappointed, it is not the best work done by Jun Maeda, nor the "saddest anime of all time", but it is a good anime that amused me. 7/10
-Hudie-Dec 26, 2020 9:50 AM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

167 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 20, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

169 by AshRayKay »»
Aug 4, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

174 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

169 by Talamare »»
May 31, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2020

227 by stverc »»
May 25, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.